Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1051090 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Distinct777: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
Good day everyone. Kudos to everyone keeping this thread alive and running.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
KingMEXX:
I don't believe this narrative because it is an avenue to give excuses for failure. In my opinion, the first step towards passing ielts is understanding what the exam requires of you. Many Nigerians rush into the exam hall with the basic mindset of "Is it not the English we speak everyday", ignorant of the fact that what most of us speak everyday in this country end up being wrong. Take a minute and go online on social media platforms and you'll understand the extent of the decay. Another example is when you go for Nysc and you listen to graduates talk.

I feel the best approach to ielts is starting with the basics (Prepositions, adverbs etc and their use), then progressing to sentence structures (complex sentences, linkers, phrase verbs etc) before you then get to writing the practice essays. That's why tutors always hammer on having alot of time for proper preparations

Hello everyone I’m just confused with this ielts mod - I feel like they’re using us to make money incessantly. First time R7.5 S9 L8.5 W6, second time R6.5 S8.5 L7.5 W8. I’m just frustrated and don’t feel encouraged at all . I’m just tired , maybe I should try British council but I feel they’re all the same jo. Sigh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
Thank you so much

Triplezero50:

I practiced on YouTube. Mostly listening tests. Any video suggestion with "Very Hard", "Extremely Difficult" etc attached to it, I clicked and practiced. Aim to get 36 and above and you will be fine. I practiced sample reading tests too. There are answers at the end of each video. I usually go back to see the questions I missed and note my errors. I don't just mark and move on. Also, download the app on your phone. You have samples there too. It was even on the day of the test that I tried working with the free samples on ielts app. All my work was from YouTube. I'm sure you've heard about Liz and Jay. I watched their videos and wrote down notes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
Thank you so nice for sharing!!

COPR:

When ECA was a big issue here, I wrote about it, titled: WES vs. ICES vs. IQAS, to help those evaluating their certs. It made it to page one and 'page 1 lovers' have benefited from it, while those that don't like page 1 are still asking already answered questions.

Last week, I promised to share what I call IELTS Cheat Sheet to test-takers, since IELTS Nigerian examiners have learnt to use the exam to increase their revenues; test-takers should also learn how to pass the exam at first attempt and render BC/MOD dubious acts useless. If you like believe it or not, it doesn't change the fact that, for sometime now, BC/MOD examiners are intentionally failing test-takers to increase their revenues. Otherwise, I can't explain why someone would remark Writing and it changed from 6.5 to 8. Someone on this thread remarked Reading (objective questions) and it changed. There are other numerous examples. BC/MOD have also learnt not to send EOR to the UK and Australia respectively. Hence, people started emailing the two countries when they apply for EOR for confirmation.

IELTS CHEAT SHEET

Sorry for the long post. I pray this cheat sheet helps you to achieve your desired scores.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
Desmosome:
Good morning everyone, pls how do Medical doctor apply for express entry. I need someone to explain the steps.

The entire process is the same, the only difference is your degree needs to be assessed by a medical board or association in Canada. You can't use WES or the other bodies. Check the CIC website or page 1 of this thread for more information

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Shiytop: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pls did u submit ur OND and HND transcript for evaluation or any of the two.
Keluma:
Good evening house, thanks for the responses on my previous post, I find using this site difficult maybe because I'm new here, I have another question pls
I have OND,HND,PGD. WES evaluated my HND exactly like this: diploma(three years) and postgraduate certificate ( one year). Pls I don't understand why his, what option do I choose in my ECA on the EE form?
Secondly, WES claimed they have sent my original evaluation doc since January, I didn't get it uptil now, pls what steps can I take, I tried chatting them up online but I didn't get any response. Thanks for you all for your assistance in this journey
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Shiytop: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pls check pm
Keluma:
Good evening house, thanks for the responses on my previous post, I find using this site difficult maybe because I'm new here, I have another question pls
I have OND,HND,PGD. WES evaluated my HND exactly like this: diploma(three years) and postgraduate certificate ( one year). Pls I don't understand why his, what option do I choose in my ECA on the EE form?
Secondly, WES claimed they have sent my original evaluation doc since January, I didn't get it uptil now, pls what steps can I take, I tried chatting them up online but I didn't get any response. Thanks for you all for your assistance in this journey
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
congrats to the lord of shekere dancers. Ma the rest of the journey be smooth.

yemblaze:
MY PR JOURNEY PART 2- IELTS (a.k.a The humbler of men & women)

Hello my beautiful e-fam,

All Praise and Glory be to God who makes all things possible in his own due time. Its IELTS breakthrough... Am so happy I've crossed this hurdle. The journey has been a tough one. I 've decided to share my timeline to encourage someone out there.

TIMELINE:

1st: (Nov 10 2018)
LRSW- 7.5,7,7.5,7

2nd: (Dec 15 2018)
LRSW- 7.5,6.5,6.5,7

3rd: (Jan 19 2019)
LRSW- 8.5,6.5,7,7

4th: (Feb 9 2019)
LRSW- 8,6,7,6.5

5th: (April 27, 2019)
LRSW- 7.5,8,8,7.5

6th: (May 23, 2019)
LRSW- 7,8,7,7,5,7

7th: (July 6th, 2019)
LRSW- 8,7,7,7.5

All MOD IDP (LAGOS Mainland)

No REMARK

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stella02(f): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
dedutchess89:

Hello everyone I’m just confused with this ielts mod - I feel like they’re using us to make money incessantly. First time R7.5 S9 L8.5 W6, second time R6.5 S8.5 L7.5 W8. I’m just frustrated and don’t feel encouraged at all . I’m just tired , maybe I should try British council but I feel they’re all the same jo. Sigh

Don't give up yet . Take your time to prepare well. No need to be disappointed. Try Youtube videos especially Jay and Liz.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
battousaiX:
Dear Topsmamen,
Kindly help with the correct NOC code for the below JD.
Please which of the following matches closely:
1215, 1211, 7202, 0714, 0912
Designation: Operations data analyst/Fueling coordinator/ Diesel Manager
Experience: 2 years (Immediately after graduation)
• Data entry, data auditing, creating data reports and monitoring all fueling data for accuracy and consistency.

Also check 9241. 9241 and 0714 seem close enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
The NOC Guru, I salute you!

Topsmamen:

Also check 9241. 9241 and 0714 seem close enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hi everyone. I've asked this question before but haven't received a better answer.
If you are currently unemployed, how do you go about stating it in the application? Do I get a reference letter from my last job and then explain the period of unemployment, or how do I do it?
Please help me. Lol
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
If that's the employment you're claiming points for, as long as it was in the last 10 years, you have to do the needful by obtaining a reference letter. All other activities in the last 10 years, including that period of employment goes into your "Personal History". I hope this helps.

Silversurfer1:
Hi everyone. I've asked this question before but haven't received a better answer.
If you are currently unemployed, how do you go about stating it in the application? Do I get a reference letter from my last job and then explain the period of unemployment, or how do I do it?
Please help me. Lol
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PwityMiwa: 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2019
Please for someone who works in the card unit of a bank ie deals settlement and production of card transactions which NOC can i choose?

Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DrDhe: 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
IELTS done.....

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
bankyh1905:
If that's the employment you're claiming points for, as long as it was in the last 10 years, you have to do the needful by obtaining a reference letter. All other activities in the last 10 years, including that period of employment goes into your "Personal History". I hope this helps.

Thanks. But do I have to explain what I've been doing after that period of time I was employed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
If you are currently unemployed, state it in your timeline. There is nothing wrong with that.
Get a reference letter for the period you are claiming. Should be in the last 10 years, it doesn't have to be a current job.
Explaining why you are unemployed is unnecessary (in my opinion).

Silversurfer1:
Please help me. Lol
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
We don't know what you did at your job tongue. It is your job description that determines your NOC.

PwityMiwa:
Please for someone who works in the card unit of a bank ie deals settlement and production of card transactions which NOC can i choose?

Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
Great job! smiley

Hopefully no one would say you wrote it outside Nigeria. grin

DrDhe:
Testimony time....first try + 2 weeks prep.

What worked for me?....follow the tips from YouTube videos and solve questions. Yes! Practice writing and speaking

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2019
Of course! The personal history section requires a month-by-month entry of activities to date. If you've been "Unemployed", you will have to provide a few details about what you've been up to.

Silversurfer1:

Thanks. But do I have to explain what I've been doing after that period of time I was employed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CNNN: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Yes
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
bankyh1905:
Of course! The personal history section requires a month-by-month entry of activities to date. If you've been "Unemployed", you will have to provide a few details about what you've been up to.

Really?

Where do you provide these details of unemployment?

Never heard of this before cos once you are unemployed for a period, just write UNEMPLOYED. UNEMPLOYED!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bamingo: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
Good evening Canadians;

please advice a brother on which of the following investment options for my POF (sitting pretty in my account):

1. Treasury Bills - Primary market not available except secondary

2. Mutual Funds - don't know how to go about this.

3. Fixed Deposit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
I know that when I was filling the forms, after selecting "Unemployed" in the drop down menu, there are other spaces where I had to fill in what I was doing at the time. Others can contribute. But that has been my experience.

Scandinavian02:

Really?

Where do you provide these details of unemployment?

Never heard of this before cos once you are unemployed for a period, just write UNEMPLOYED. UNEMPLOYED!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
You're welcome.

Check the Compunet Limited website and call the number there, they'd put you through.

cyrilomonjeva:

Thanks Zara,

This is really helpful.

Please,how can one go about with the registration and training.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
bankyh1905:
I know that when I was filling the forms, after selecting "Unemployed" in the drop down menu, there are other spaces where I had to fill in what I was doing at the time. Others can contribute. But that has been my experience.

Simply, it's only to indicate "unemployed". No need for extra details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
Topsmamen:

Exactly!

You are unemployed so what are the details you are providing?

That you were fetching firewood from the farm during that period? VO does not care about this!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
Exactly.

Topsmamen:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Abk2019: 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pls,is it the same account number I used in registering for BC exam ,that I will use for EOR?Secondly, what will I write in the center name, is it (British Council Abeokuta) Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.