Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1051321 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Keluma: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
Justin Trudeau, your gist is sooo funny, I love they way you write, so real, congrats on your PPR, I wish you success in all your endeavours
Pls oo, I want to be added to a WhatsApp group biko. Tnx in anticipation

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2019
Best of luck

DrDhe:
IELTS done.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2019
Abk2019:
Pls,is it the same account number I used in registering for BC exam ,that I will use for EOR?Secondly, what will I write in the center name, is it (British Council Abeokuta) Thanks
NO
Go the bank and raise a draft in favour of British council.take same draft to their office and fill he EOR form
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Yemsot: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
For those saying IELTS bodies are using us to make money, I would say it is not entirely true. I wrote IELTS once and made it LRWS 8777.5.
I knew my weak areas, I wasn't good in the reading and I am not the writng type. So I had to prepare fully for two weeks by watching JAy's youtube videos and studying the essay structures on ielts advantage. I also practiced with cambridge 13

Let me get to my point, the number of people writing IELTS has increased in Nigeria over the years, but are we sure if the number of people marking the scripts have increased. So many factors contribute to not being assessed well.
The people marking the scripts are also human and they have a time frame for marking those scripts, now imagine someone who has not written legibly and expecting the examiner to strain his eyes so as to understand what he/she has written, coupled with the fact that he has a lot more scripts to mark, you can imagine what will happen to that script. Same thing goes for someone whose introduction is not very clear. And I believe there are some things these examiners look for in our writing.

That is why we have to prepare very well before the exam and pray also. Why do you think people have their scores upgraded, this is because errors can occur in marking, one should just pray that the error should not occur on his own script.

As a WAEC exxaminer I can tell you that examiners are not perfect, so that is why the scripts are vetted before WAEC does the final collation of scores. I have seen a situation where a student is supposed to score 40/70 but the examiner marked him to 20/70, but thankgully the script was one of the 10% to be vetted so after being assessed by another examiner it was upgraded to 40/70. But that doesn't mean that every script vetted will be upgraded.
So are we now going to say WAEC is just using ua to make money?

In my own opinion, do not rush to write any exam. We should be able to assess ourselves before the exam, and if we can't do that let's get people to assess us. It is better to be sure of your level before registering for the exam. Because 75k/68k is not a small amount of money.

Prayer is also very important, it is the key to unlocking every doors and for obtaining favour from the examiners

Lastly please let us be cautious of the way we write on social media. The way we write always affects our writing in exam. Even if it is to ask questions, let us try and write correctly.

My 2 cents

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
dedutchess89:

Hello everyone I’m just confused with this ielts mod - I feel like they’re using us to make money incessantly. First time R7.5 S9 L8.5 W6, second time R6.5 S8.5 L7.5 W8. I’m just frustrated and don’t feel encouraged at all . I’m just tired , maybe I should try British council but I feel they’re all the same jo. Sigh

Maybe you should have it remarked, I have read on this platform that it can be remarked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by emeekaa(m): 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hi guys! Some years back, I had an agent arrange a us visa application for me and I was refused the visa. It also occurred to me that certain info like work and education the agent included in my application was untrue.

I’m currently expecting ITA cum Wednesday and I’m concerned about the prior visa refusal

I’m not sure how this is going to impact my express entry application

Would love every insight I can get on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jaybros: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
COPR:

When ECA was a big issue here, I wrote about it, titled: WES vs. ICES vs. IQAS, to help those evaluating their certs. It made it to page one and 'page 1 lovers' have benefited from it, while those that don't like page 1 are still asking already answered questions.

WRITING TASK 2 TEMPLATE FOR DE & AE ESSAY

Sorry for the long post. I pray this cheat sheet helps you to achieve your desired scores.

DE & PSE, AE meanings please? I think PSE means Problem Solution essay....but i am also on my way to page 1 in case its there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by fruitybranch007: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
Please I have a question. My husband's name on his passport, marriage certificate and educational documents is different from the name on his birth certificate. He has been asked to provide a legal name change document. He doesn't have this, as he only replaced his middle name while growing up, but never did a legal name change. Please what do you advice that we do?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bamingo: 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hello All,

Please treat urgent:

so i intended using Treasure bills via GTBank as my funds were in my Gt account. but for some reasons, today i decided to opt for the stanbic mutual funds options.

however, i'd like to know what the processes are and the required documents i should obtain from the stanbic mutual funds people. furthermore, i have a feeling i'd transfer the funds to my stanbic account (since i have one, or no need?).... also, do i need to submit any doc from gtbank (statement, reference letter etc).

many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
Increased to 200cents...*dt one sef dey*

Yemsot:

My 2 cents

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbelieve: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2019
Please is PMP plus bsc considered as two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vee121(f): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hello Everyone smiley Just submitted my application and got the AOR (ITA was 10th July). Now for the wait.... smiley

Wishing everyone the best, wherever you are in the process.. especially for ITA expectants smiley

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
emeekaa:
Hi guys! Some years back, I had an agent arrange a us visa application for me and I was refused the visa. It also occurred to me that certain info like work and education the agent included in my application was untrue.

I’m currently expecting ITA cum Wednesday and I’m concerned about the prior visa refusal

I’m not sure how this is going to impact my express entry application

Would love every insight I can get on this
declare it post ITA and also tell them out of desperation or your agent wanting to earn his fees did it without your knowledge. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jbelieve:
Please is PMP plus bsc considered as two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?
no
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2019
bamingo:
Hello All,

Please treat urgent:

so i intended using Treasure bills via GTBank as my funds were in my Gt account. but for some reasons, today i decided to opt for the stanbic mutual funds options.

however, i'd like to know what the processes are and the required documents i should obtain from the stanbic mutual funds people. furthermore, i have a feeling i'd transfer the funds to my stanbic account (since i have one, or no need?).... also, do i need to submit any doc from gtbank (statement, reference letter etc).

many thanks.
ref letter from stanbic asset management would do. You dont need to use your stanbic account. You can include your GtB Statement to show where the money came from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbelieve: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
ednut1:
no

Thanks, please what is considered as two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jbelieve:

Thanks, please what is considered as two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?
check page 1

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by blazetitov: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
Please House, I just got the mail below from ICES;

Thank you for your email. We are pleased to advise you that your report was completed and mailed to you on June 28. Both copies were sent to your address in Lagos by regular postal service; no courier fee was paid for this. As per the requirements given to us by the IRCC, they do not want nor request a hard copy sent to them. That is not the process they have set up. They view the assessment online only. Therefore both copies have been sent to you. The courier fee you paid for that was refunded.

Please how long does it take to get regular mail delivered to Nigeria? Who has similar experience? I have sent a mail back requesting for a tracking number if available. It is almost a month since it was sent. cry cry

As per the fee that was refunded, no credit yet to my account. Don't know if that is bank related.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
For the Lawyers in the house who've assessed their degrees with WES, CIC confirmed to me via Facebook that they will take your degree as a professional degree even if WES has assessed it as a 4 year Bachelor's degree. So claim the Professional degree points without fear.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vee121(f): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Thanks Silver! Very good to know.

Silversurfer1:
For the Lawyers in the house who've assessed their degrees with WES, CIC confirmed to me via Facebook that they will take your degree as a professional degree even if WES has assessed it as a 4 year lBachelor's degree. So claim the Professional degree points without fear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TemiGee: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
A good Samaritan posted this for guidance a while ago.
So, I guess the answer to your question is no.

dailynaijanews:
Hello,

Has anyone here evaluated '' Certificate in IT" from Bcs with CES?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by battousaiX(m): 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
Thanks!
Topsmamen:

Also check 9241. 9241 and 0714 seem close enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oluwaahmed: 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hello guys, pls I need assistance with my questions.
So am married but my international passport carries my maiden name. I have done both my WES $ IELTS in my maiden too, but since I am going with my spouse is it compulsory we do name change to have a harmonized name? Will it also affect the WES & IELTS done in maiden name especially as my international passport is about to expire?
Pls guys assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Shinningstar201: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
oluwaahmed:
Hello guys, pls I need assistance with my questions.
So am married but my international passport carries my maiden name. I have done both my WES $ IELTS in my maiden too, but since I am going with my spouse is it compulsory we do name change to have a harmonized name? Will it also affect the WES & IELTS done in maiden name especially as my international passport is about to expire?
Pls guys assist

It is not compulsory you change your name to your husband's and it won't affect anything
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Fybe(f): 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
Yemsot:
For those saying IELTS bodies are using us to make money, I would say it is not entirely true. I wrote IELTS once and made it LRWS 8777.5.
I knew my weak areas, I wasn't good in the reading and I am not the writng type. So I had to prepare fully for two weeks by watching JAy's youtube videos and studying the essay structures on ielts advantage. I also practiced with cambridge 13

Let me get to my point, the number of people writing IELTS has increased in Nigeria over the years, but are we sure if the number of people marking the scripts have increased. So many factors contribute to not being assessed well.
The people marking the scripts are also human and they have a time frame for marking those scripts, now imagine someone who has not written legibly and expecting the examiner to strain his eyes so as to understand what he/she has written, coupled with the fact that he has a lot more scripts to mark, you can imagine what will happen to that script. Same thing goes for someone whose introduction is not very clear. And I believe there are some things these examiners look for in our writing.

That is why we have to prepare very well before the exam and pray also. Why do you think people have their scores upgraded, this is because errors can occur in marking, one should just pray that the error should not occur on his own script.

As a WAEC exxaminer I can tell you that examiners are not perfect, so that is why the scripts are vetted before WAEC does the final collation of scores. I have seen a situation where a student is supposed to score 40/70 but the examiner marked him to 20/70, but thankgully the script was one of the 10% to be vetted so after being assessed by another examiner it was upgraded to 40/70. But that doesn't mean that every script vetted will be upgraded.
So are we now going to say WAEC is just using ua to make money?

In my own opinion, do not rush to write any exam. We should be able to assess ourselves before the exam, and if we can't do that let's get people to assess us. It is better to be sure of your level before registering for the exam.
My 2 cents
Funny though. Spoken like someone that passed at first attempt. You have not experienced the hard break of writing again and again even when you aced other module with the maximum score.
Just thank God for his grace in your life.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jjohndoe83: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
Vee121:
Hello Everyone smiley Just submitted my application and got the AOR (ITA was 10th July). Now for the wait.... smiley

Wishing everyone the best, wherever you are in the process.. especially for ITA expectants smiley
Kindly tell how much were you charged in all? Or the Naira to CAD rate charged by your bank
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
Vee121:
Thanks Silver! Very good to know.

Anytime grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Babyibi: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2019
Good evening everyone, can we use A'levels for the 2 or more degrees? Or diploma or something?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by HENRIETTAPOWER(f): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hello everybody

It seems there is no newbie in this thread o

Please will WES evaluate my acca advanced diploma in accounting and business?

Am I qualified for 2 or more certificates

Someone should please answer meeee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2019
Best of luck cheesy

Vee121:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vee121(f): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2019
Many thanks, CanadaGirl!

Canadagirl20:
Best of luck cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.