Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052705 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chamberlain76: 10:10am On Jul 24, 2019
Hi all,

Please is there anyone who has done one and same person affidavit in Kaduna?

Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bamingo: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2019
Hey friends,

finally got to open the stanbic mutual funds stuff ystday. i was told i'll get my e number within 48hours.

so i want to ask, what letters specifically shld i request they give me? i hard something about reference letter from them and letter of ingenuity (i hope i got that spelling).

also, seeing part of the money was a gift deed, shld i include the gift deed and other docs from my original bank accout - gtb (letter of reference, non indebtedness & statement). please advice sirs.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2019
Euchi:
Hello everyone. I'm sorry to disturb you on this; I've heard things about how one ielts body is tougher than the other from some people and i think it's better to hear from people with experience. My question is,
Between BC and MOD which will you encourage someone to take ielts with? I wouldnt mind if you give your reasons too ASAP pls
just prepare adequately

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 11:47am On Jul 24, 2019
Good day my beautiful e-fam,

Reading previous posts about IELTS results and what people attributes to their success. I'll like to say that we should stop being judgemental and criticizing those who wrote the exam and aced it once or after several attempts. And whatever anyone says is the reason for his success..its none of anybody's business and not for us to judge. What works for me might not work for you and vice-versa. So instead of throwing shades at each other, why don't we look for ways to help each other succeed. While I was attempting this exam, I was also tutoring some people in the reading module and some of them had aced it even before me the tutor. Many of them never knew I was still writing too. When we rejoice with others, good things will come to us too.

Secondly, please there is no fail or pass in IELTS. IRCC did not even say you must have 8777. For some, they must even get higher than these scores to get a higher CRS. For others, they don't even need 8777 if they have a Canadian work experience or even a job offer from Canada. If someone keeps scoring 6 or 6.5 in the Writing module, it does not mean the person does not know or understand English.
So let's stop attacking each other, rather divert your energy into rendering selfless service to others. That is what the Indians are doing.

In this Canny waka, its not how far but how well.
We will all celebrate at the end.

Gracias.

52 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dave4eva: 11:54am On Jul 24, 2019
He will lose only 2 points. He is not the primary applicant.
pyruvateluv:

How? He will lose over 30 points, there are no two ways about it. Kindly be patient until the strike is over
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by careerwoman(f): 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
Josefuadjr:
Una welldone o.
For those worrying about Indians and Scandinavians, do you know that learning a language entirely as a second language, especially at adulthood increases your chance of passing it in an exam. I'll explain... remember your primary school French classes, how did you answer the comprehension bit? Copy and paste. You didnt try to understand it or anything. Simply recognition and matching most of the time, your chances of success are higher that way. Do you know your Nigerianism affects your understanding and use of the English language eg, our use of continuous tense in our local language affects us in English such as : 'm na-ana kita' which means I'm going now... what if I told you that's wrong in English? 'I'll take my leave now' is a better way to put it (I nearly wrote 'of putting it' now) but you get my drift....
Spot on!!
I totally agree with you.. While in university, I found out that colleagues who were taught in their mother’s tongue in primary school became good English users after they attended “very sound” secondary schools. Nigerian English is very different from proper English. We use a lot of colloquial terms, I noticed this when I began interacting with people from diverse backgrounds. Now, I’m unlearning and learning English every day..

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Meoos: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
Well done E-fam, silent readers and everyone in general grin grin
Congrats in advance to today's ITA grabbers!!
Wishing you quick application devoid of errors.
Keep moving, we're coming. Slowlybutsurely.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nwanyioma4ever: 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
It took 5months to get the report. They have so many documents to evaluate that the 8 weeks does not follow. Sorry...but you have to wear patience like a robe.
CTOBY:
Hello Pharmacist on board,
How long did it take for your PEBC reports to be ready?
PEBC informs that it takes 8 weeks. I had a gap of 10 days trying to submit additional documents after acknowledgement email. Its 9 weeks already excluding the 10 day gap. I have sent emails but no response. Waiting to jump into the pool. ECA is delaying.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
Bazbaby:

No. You also need letter from your bank. Please ensure u double check the requirements...

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.

Letter(s) must

be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
include your name
list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
include, for each current bank and investment account, the
account numbers
date each account was opened
current balance of each account
average balance for the past 6 months

Thanks

It's not an actual letter. It's a statement of account. You don't need a letter from your bank. What is the letter going to state? That it's your money?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
Gbam!
Babes! Come and chop kisses kiss

In another news, I am waiting for your ITA, Trendy09's, Avidreader748's, galibat and all the ITA hopefuls here.
It will end very well in praise!

yemblaze:

Reading previous posts about IELTS results and what people attributes to their success. I'll like to say that we should stop being judgemental and criticizing those who wrote the exam and aced it once or after several attempts. And whatever anyone says is the reason for his success..its none of anybody's business and not for us to judge. What works for me might not work for you and vice-versa. So instead of throwing shades at each other, why don't we look for ways to help each other succeed. While I was attempting this exam, I was also tutoring some people in the reading module and some of them had aced it even before me the tutor. Many of them never knew I was still writing too. When we rejoice with others, good things will come to us too.

Secondly, please there is no fail or pass in IELTS. IRCC did not even say you must have 8777. For some, they must even get higher than these scores to get a higher CRS. For others, they don't even need 8777 if they have a Canadian work experience or even a job offer from Canada. If someone keeps scoring 6 or 6.5 in the Writing module, it does not mean the person does not know or understand English.
So let's stop attacking each other, rather divert your energy into rendering selfless service to others. That is what the Indians are doing.

Gracias.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mimi1999: 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
Nwanyioma4ever:
It took 5months to get the report. They have so many documents to evaluate that the 8 weeks does not follow. Sorry...but you have to wear patience like a robe.
Wow!
Mine took 10 weeks and I was so vexed. This was September to November last year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Suspectzero(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
You are ignorant of the process. Don't mislead people. The Account Statement will not have everything required by CIC which the letter would.

Refer to the link below from the Canada Government website: It clearly states "For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Silversurfer1:

It's not an actual letter. It's a statement of account. You don't need a letter from your bank. What is the letter going to state? That it's your money?

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2019
Silversurfer1:

wrong . Check the requirements

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2019
yemblaze:

Reading previous

Gracias.
we dont care about all this long talk babes. Its your ITA today that matters tongue

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Suspectzero(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
Do not acknowledge the first response telling you that a statement of account is enough. It isn't and your application would be rejected.

Refer to the link below from the Canada Government website. It states:

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.

Letter(s) must

be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
include your name
list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
include, for each current bank and investment account, the
account numbers
date each account was opened
current balance of each account
average balance for the past 6 months

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Gshun:
Good morning house, please if i'm using my savings account for POF, would the 6MONTHS statement of account be enough proof or i still need a letter from my bank ?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
yemblaze:

Gracias.
Very polite comment. Thanks smiley You have said it all.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
People should desist from using foul and intimidating languages at correcting people. Let’s not cause quarrel here every time.

Everybody go dey alright cool

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
People should desist from using foul and intimidating languages at correcting people. Let’s not cause quarrel here every time.

Everybody go dey alright cool
if one is not sure of an information he or she should not state it as fact. Someone might take it as a fact. The corrections are all in good faith i suppose

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bekayy: 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
It is amazing how people don't research, read CIC's website well, watch videos etc and come here to ask mundane questions. This is your life, your future. You should be able to invest ample time in it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by boco2126: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
Abeg any July AOR whatsapp group? I'll love to be added please. Meanwhile, all the best to all ITA hopefuls today.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
boco2126:
Abeg any July AOR whatsapp group? I'll love to be added please. Meanwhile, all the best to all ITA hopefuls today.

Congratulations on your AOR. Wishing you speedy PPR.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Orange1234: 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
I thank God for seeing me through this incredible journey. I am yet to get PPR but I decided to share my experience regarding the IELTS General test. I am currently awaiting PPR. This is an EPISTLE because I want to help people who are new to this journey the same way this thread has helped me. There may be grammatical errors lol because I do not have the time to proofread. I may forget to share this when I get my PPR so I decided to do this now.

My Canadian dream started in early 2017. A friend of mine who got PPR explained the process to me and referred me to cic’s website. I wrote IELTS the time in 2017 when I was unfamiliar with the exam format. I used one of Baron’s IELTS textbooks. That was my first mistake. My overall score wasn’t great and I scored 6.5 in writing but that was to be expected because I didn’t know much about the test format. Eventually I learnt that Cambridge IELTS series was the better option. I downloaded as many Cambridge IELTS general books I could find online and practiced with them for my second IELTS test.

I read everything I could about the writing test on websites such as Liz’s website, and practiced very well. A friend of mine introduced me to this Nairaland thread. I read many threads to make sure I had a sound understanding of the entire process. This took many weeks. When I saw my second IELTS General result, I still fell short of the required score in writing alone with a 6.5 score yet again. The third time I wrote the IELTS test (January 2018), I took a different approach and decided to spend an equal amount of time evaluating my writing via independent sites such as www.slickwrite.com/#!home. I like the slick write site because it checks grammatical errors and sentence structure, so I was able to learn to ensure that I expressed myself with an active voice instead of a passive voice. This was the main area of improvement I noticed because I enjoyed constructing my sentences in both passive and active sentences. I like writing in different styles but this may not work in IELTS tests since it appears the examiners favour academic writing to an extent in IELTS task 2. I even paid for ‘Cambridge English write and improve’ to evaluate my writing. This website is owned by Cambridge, the same organization that organizes IELTS-British council tests. A registered user is able to click on IELTS general or academic profiles and practice with the blank spaces provided under each question. I noticed the technology kept scoring me a 6.5 so I decided to test their algorithm by placing essays that scored 7.5 or above of various IELTS ex-examiners under the same question type, this technology still scored these essays a 6.5 score. Therefore, how could I expect my score to be any different? I just used a graph below to critic my writing, the graph shows you if your previous score improved after making changes to the same essay. I saw improvements with every change so I knew I was on the right track. I decided to just keep practicing and using the different essay-evaluation sites to rate my writing. I could not afford to pay online professional evaluators because the quoted prices were too expensive. I also didn’t have much faith in them. In addition, I paid for an Udemy IELTS tutorial, which helped me tremendously.

By the time I wrote my third IELTS test, I was very convinced that I would get a minimum of 7. Lo and behold, I got a 6.5 yet again. I expressed my frustration to my friend and he told me to re-mark. He was under the impression that IELTS examiners sometimes scored the tests wrongly. He said the request for remark would be forwarded to UK so I had a better chance of getting a fair score. I told him that I had read on Nairaland that most people that asked for a remark were unsuccessful in gaining a higher score. He persuaded me and I asked for an Enquiry on Results (EOR) regarding my writing score only. My score was upgraded after few weeks to a 7. I was overjoyed. My funds were returned to me after several weeks. By this time, I had evaluated my Bachelors degree with WES. I requested for an additional evaluation relating to my ACCA advanced diploma. My ECA came out successfully and I dived in the pool and got ITA on June 12th 2019.

My brother had a Masters so I coached him on the entire journey specifically the IELTS. He had great results FIRST TIME but a 6.5 in writing. I just looked at him and said ask for a remark because I was sure his writing was good. Why was I so convinced? Because he has used my method and split his time equally between practicing and evaluating his writing. He is now in Canada. I didn’t even claim points for sibling because he went too close to when I submitted. That’s how I know that when God says it is your time, everything will work in your favour. I have not been following this thread for a while so I may not see responses but if you have further questions, you can send me a message. Although I am sure I have divulged my entire IELTS strategy here.

My advice to future IELTS Test takers: Make use of Cambridge IELTS books when preparing, that’s all you need for the listening tests. The audio for each test is provided. The Cambridge textbooks won’t help you with your IELTS writing because I feel the answers to the essays given are too simple. The skeptic in me thinks this may be deliberate on their part. I’m surprised at the essay scores attributed to these essays. It’s better to find out what you are doing wrong regarding writing than seeking to place the blame on the test system in general. Remember you are the one with the Canadian dream not British Council or MOD IELTS examiners. If you are convinced your writing is adequate then please ask for a remark. Make use of Youtube videos to practice your speaking test; imagine the examiner is asking you the question and not the respondent. You can easily download books with various questions on speaking to practice but be weary of using the answers because there may be a lot of grammatical errors. Finally, you can choose to use any of the sites I mentioned to evaluate your writing. I wish you all the best. May God favour you all.

Thanks for reading.

My humble self.

55 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by stepheola(f): 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
Please can someone knowledgeable about POF enlighten me about this. I am the principal owner of a limited liability company and I have the bulk of my money in an account with the company name. My question is for my POF do I transfer the money to another account that has my name or will a reference letter from my bank stating I own the account and that i'm the principal signatory to the account be enough. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2019
stepheola:
Please can someone knowledgeable about POF enlighten me about this. I am the principal owner of a limited liability company and I have the bulk of my money in an account with the company name. My question is for my POF do I transfer the money to another account that has my name or will a reference letter from my bank stating I own the account and that i'm the principal signatory to the account be enough. Thank you

It has to be in your personal account and remain there till you get PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Meoos: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
Just type POF on the NairaLand search bar on top of this page and you will be shocked on the result and amount of information you'll get. When you're done taking the ones that apply to your situation, come back and thank me later cool cool
I'm serious.

stepheola:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by asikiye: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
This is amazing news. Thank you Jesus.

Silversurfer1:
For the Lawyers in the house who've assessed their degrees with WES, CIC confirmed to me via Facebook that they will take your degree as a professional degree even if WES has assessed it as a 4 year Bachelor's degree. So claim the Professional degree points without fear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Meoos: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
Thank you so much Orange1234, it'll end in praise.

Orange1234:

My advice to future IELTS Test takers: Make use of Cambridge IELTS books when preparing, that’s all you need for the listening tests. The audio for each test is provided. The Cambridge textbooks won’t help you with your IELTS writing because I feel the answers to the essays given are too simple. The skeptic in me thinks this may be deliberate on their part. I’m surprised at the essay scores attributed to these essays. It’s better to find out what you are doing wrong regarding writing than seeking to place the blame on the test system in general. Remember you are the one with the Canadian dream not British Council or MOD IELTS examiners. If you are convinced your writing is adequate then please ask for a remark. Make use of Youtube videos to practice your speaking test; imagine the examiner is asking you the question and not the respondent. You can easily download books with various questions on speaking to practice but be weary of using the answers because there may be a lot of grammatical errors. Finally, you can choose to use any of the sites I mentioned to evaluate your writing. I wish you all the best. May God favour you all.

Thanks for reading.

My humble self.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
[quote author=2nri post=80571986][/quote]

Hi people, please I need advice on the best way to deal with these @topsmamen @ladymarshall
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by boco2126: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
Amen, thanks Adunnee!
Adunnee:

Congratulations on your AOR. Wishing you speedy PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by whoknew: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,600th or above

Date and time of round: July 24, 2019 at 12:55:38 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 459

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by safex(m): 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
459!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.