Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1051167 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rotile247(m): 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
jaybros:

If law degree use IQAS their report states it as professional degree which is equivalent to Masters. If it's not law you can use wes or ices (if you want to avoid waec)

please if you can avoid IQAS...please do.....it takes longest according to the thread.
If law degree..use WES as it will be seen as Professional degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bamingo: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
Keluma:
Good afternoon people, I edited my EE profile this morning, I changed my NOC although still in the O class, and I received a message shortly now that I'm no longer eligible for the express entry , I didn't change any other thing apart from the NOC and job title, pls where did I go wrong and what is the way forward?

are you post AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
Justwise grin come and ban these two boxers o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kaylash: 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hello everyone. Newbie here. I'm about creating my EE profile and I need clarifications. I evaluated my credentials but my husband didn't do WES at all. Under education history are we to select yes (meaning he has post secondary school education and then tick he didn't do an ECA) or no (meaning he has no post secondary school education).

Also, for work history are we to indicate he has work history? Please help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
grin grin

ednut1:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations to you and yours. May Canny land favour you

TITILOLA88:
Good morning
Ottawa has finally released us!
Details coming soon

Two questions: can any other person (my husband) aside from the primary applicant submit our passports?

Our application was processed at Ottawa, can we raise CSE that our passports be submitted to a nearer visa office, say Ghana?

May God grant the desires of our hearts speedily in Jesus'name.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
Woohoo! Finally!
and Amen to your prayers!

TITILOLA88:
Good morning
Ottawa has finally released us!
May God grant the desires of our hearts speedily in Jesus'name.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by princesschuks: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
ednut1:

Aswear. The thing tire me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
Kaylash:
Hello everyone. Newbie here. I'm about creating my EE profile and I need clarifications. I evaluated my credentials but my husband didn't do WES at all. Under education history are we to select yes (meaning he has post secondary school education and then tick he didn't do an ECA) or no (meaning he has no post secondary school education).

Also, for work history are we to indicate he has work history? Please help. Thanks
1- no( no eca means no education). 2. The work experience for spouse is the one gotten in canada. So its no
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kaylash: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
ednut1:
1- no( no eca means no education). 2. The work experience for spouse is the one gotten in canada. So its no

Work experience for spouse didn't specify whether it's gotten in canada or not on the profile. And you know these guys do a background check on people and all and i even hear thry go as far as your linked in profile.

I hope it won't result to misrepresentation if we tick no work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
You're right but just a little modification if you don't mind, especially for those just starting out..
You really don't need 8777 if you have all your ducks in a row, it helps to have that if you are lacking elsewhere and need a boost.
I say this because I saw a case of someone who with a high CRS (ITA worthy) but still attempting to rewrite IELTS because he thought he needed 8777 to get into the pool.

ednut1:
listening you need 8

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Keluma: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
No I'm not post AOR, I just got into the pool few weeks ago, expecting ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
Stencil:
You're right but just a little modification if you don't mind, especially for those just starting out..
You really don't need 8777 if you have all your ducks in a row, it helps to have that if you are lacking elsewhere and need a boost.
I say this because I saw a case of someone who with a high CRS (ITA worthy) but still attempting to rewrite IELTS because he thought he needed 8777 to get into the pool.

true. 6666 is the official score needed. But to score high most of us need that 8777 minimum
As we may not have siblings points, schooling in canada points, french Tef points . Or canada experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chibabe25: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hello everyone. Is there anyone who had their ICAN ATS certificate verifIed by WES recently? Because I noticed that the name of the certificate is not included in the drop down. Kindly help on how the certificate name was stated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mimi1999: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
ednut1:

Them don chop belleful���

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
Yup. You are correct. smiley

ednut1:
true. 6666 is the official score needed. But to score high most of us need that 8777 minimum
As we may not have siblings points, schooling in canada points, french Tef points . Or canada experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ladykeigh: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hi again, please I need help with this. Don't jump and pass, biko!

Ladykeigh:
Hello, please I need clarification regarding this situation I have found myself in.

I attended a culinary school in 2013 but wasn't issued a certificate. Now I need the certificate to support evidence of my current profession as a Cook (NOC 6322).

I contacted the head chef of the school and he's asking me to pay for a 2 months course that'll cost 175,000 before the school can issue me a certificate. I requested that I'd like to have it backdated to 2013 since that was when I attended initially and it was also in that same year I began my catering business.

My concern is, would it matter if I claim 6 years (2013 till date ) experience in this profession but only got certified 6 years after i.e. 2019, present year?

I am considering attending another culinary school because I feel the head chef is not being fair. He probably senses that I need the certificate and wants to make money off of me. In addition, the location of the culinary school is quite a distance from my home. I told him I am currently preparing for an exam and attending classes won't be feasible. He said I can pay now and attend later.

I'd rather attend (and pay) another culinary school and get my certificate than pay him again for a service he already rendered.

So, seniors please advise. @topsmamen @stencil @ladymarshall et al.

Merci.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
grin grin..thanks so much l..am dancing along with the senator....lolss

hayoakins:

No shekere this time, we are inviting the dancing Senator to celebrate with you. Congrats YemYem
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
Lol, I got you. I'll read it now

Ladykeigh:
Hi again, please I need help with this. Don't jump and pass, biko!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kentz3: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
Utoechi:
Please I need help with my situation. I have written IELTS with the score L9R9S7W7. Am also in the process of evaluating my BSC as that's my highest qualification for now although I have already started a diploma with NACETEM. Hubby s highest qualification is secondary education and even though taking IELTS will be tough, we decided he will anyway. I have 4 years work experience with noc 0621.

Now my question is, what other options do I have to improve CRS score? I even intend to retake IELTS in order to improve my W and S. I have thought of going with unaccomapying spouse by January when my PGD will be ready but I heard the process of spouse sponsorship is quite tedious and I have 4 kids. Please I need ideas on how to go about all these. Is it even likely from cutoff to be 456-460 by February 2020
what materials did u used for ielts pls?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hannamia007: 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
Who is ready for tomorrow's DRAW?
I wish all ITA expectant all the best kiss

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Judithomo: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
Ladykeigh:
Hello, please I need clarification regarding this situation I have found myself in.

I attended a culinary school in 2013 but wasn't issued a certificate. Now I need the certificate to support evidence of my current profession as a Cook (NOC 6322).

I contacted the head chef of the school and he's asking me to pay for a 2 months course that'll cost 175,000 before the school can issue me a certificate. I requested that I'd like to have it backdated to 2013 since that was when I attended initially and it was also in that same year I began my catering business.

My concern is, would it matter if I claim 6 years (2013 till date ) experience in this profession but only got certified 6 years after i.e. 2019, present year?

I am considering attending another culinary school because I feel the head chef is not being fair. He probably senses that I need the certificate and wants to make money off of me. In addition, the location of the culinary school is quite a distance from my home. I told him I am currently preparing for an exam and attending classes won't be feasible. He said I can pay now and attend later.

I'd rather attend (and pay) another culinary school and get my certificate than pay him again for a service he already rendered.

So, seniors please advise. @topsmamen @stencil @ladymarshall et al.

Merci.

You cannot use your culinary certificate from Nigeria for EE cause no ECA body will evaluate it, also trade evaluation can only be done by provincial trade bodies. Most province requires you an average of 4.5 year work experience as a cook with proof before you can sit for RED SEAL exam in Canada.

Please don't pay that chef 1 kobo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2019
Game of throne night watch!!! Congratulations to you and all who have supported you one way or the other on this journey.

We have alway preached elaborate and educating PPR story on this thread. So please I’ll be giving you 2/10 just for the timeline.

You can ask for a remark sha
omamofe:
Hello guys,

So I woke up to see the golden RFV email on my phone after battling this journey for this long. grin grin grin

This came after I posted that I raised a CSE expressing the travesty that was done in the evaluation of my POF by the case officer who stated an amount well below what I had declared. I prepared my counter-argument and requested that a review be done again as I believe that this could be a reason for the delay I have experienced which is totally unfair.

However, so the story goes and on this note, my watch has ended.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed by sharing info or providing updates of their journey as well.

VO: Ottawa
CRS 461
AOR 29th Nov 2018
Medical Passed Jan 8th 2019
Biometrics submitted 9th Jan 2019
The only update recently seen on my profile is that my Biometrics has been completed.
GCMS notes received 4th July
RFV 23 July 2019

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Judsy06: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2019
Good evening everyone, thank you for all the information put out here.
Please can someone recommend me to a post ITA WhatsApp group. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
It wouldn't matter. May I know why you are claiming 6 years? Is it for your personal history or for ITA? Because to get ITA you only need 3 years to get max points.

ps: Your post confused me lol, I typed and deleted several answers before this one.

Ladykeigh:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
You will raise a bank cheque for this in favour of British Council Lagos. You will need your original TRF and a copy of your international passport
Abk2019:
Pls,which account number will I pay the 15000 naira for remarking to?Will I pay in the bank or I can do online transfer? What will I submit for the remark?I wrote my exam in Abeokuta, will the center name be;British council Abeokuta?Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by stepheola(f): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
COPR:

Sorry for the long post. I pray this cheat sheet helps you to achieve your desired scores.
please could you be kind enough to explain some major abbreviations. TIA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ans123: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
Someone here got PPR through Saskatchewan PNP using baker certificate from Nigeria . I remeber everyone congratulating her as the first .I have forgotten her moniker. Search the thread and see how she did it

Judithomo:

You cannot use your culinary certificate from Nigeria for EE cause no ECA body will evaluate it, also trade evaluation can only be done by provincial trade bodies. Most province requires you an average of 4.5 year work experience as a cook with proof before you can sit for RED SEAL exam in Canada.

Please don't pay that chef 1 kobo

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ama85: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thank you all for very useful tips.

Please I need help with the steps in WES ECA and the cost and duration Also do I have to pay separate fees for Degree, BCS and WAEC ECA?

Please help a sister out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.