Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1048767 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2019
You will enter travel history for you and your spouse.

Family members in the context of your EE application means spouse and kids.

amoskitto:
Post AOR guru's please; I need your advice:

"Has Jon Snow, and if applicable, Jon Snow's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc?"

Are we expected to include details of travel history of every one of our family members? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2019
gretop:

I have attached the refusal letter. I don’t know why the VO disapproved mutual funds as POF
what type of mutual funds did you use money market
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ifevictor: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2019
Like how old was your mutual fund account when you applied and what other documents did you provide with the mutual fund statement as POF?

gretop:

I have attached the refusal letter. I don’t know why the VO disapproved mutual funds as POF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 10:34am On Aug 22, 2019
New extended hours at 10 offices across Canada
Ottawa, August 21, 2019

There are 10 offices across the country now offering extended hours on Thursday evenings and Saturdays as part of the government’s commitment in Budget 2019.

The following office locations are now offering extended hours:

Calgary
Etobicoke
Halifax
Mississauga
Montréal
Ottawa
Scarborough
Vancouver (Expo Office)
Vancouver (Hornby Office)
Winnipeg
Select services are available by appointment only during the extended hours. These services include citizenship testing, citizenship ceremonies and the granting of permanent resident status.

Extending office hours allows clients to make appointments outside regular business hours, which saves them time and money, as they are less likely to have to take time off from work. The new extended hours also allow more people to attend citizenship ceremonies, giving new Canadians a better opportunity to celebrate and share this memorable experience with their friends and family.

In the past year, the government has also been working on a number of other service improvements by:

hiring more than 170 new staff members at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Client Support Centre and expanding the hours of operation of its call centre
offering more permanent resident landing services, so new permanent residents can have their final interview with an immigration officer, sign their confirmation of permanent residence and apply for their permanent resident card (PR card)
streamlining and improving the process for issuing PR cards and delivering them within 7 days to applicants who are applying from within Canada
exploring new ways to make the citizenship process faster for applicants, for example, Scarborough’s immigration office’s test pilot project, where some clients are immediately scheduled to attend their citizenship ceremony the day after passing their knowledge test
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Share this page

There are 10 offices across the country now offering extended hours on Thursday evenings and Saturdays as part of the government’s commitment in Budget 2019.

The following office locations are now offering extended hours:

Calgary
Etobicoke
Halifax
Mississauga
Montréal
Ottawa
Scarborough
Vancouver (Expo Office)
Vancouver (Hornby Office)
Winnipeg
Select services are available by appointment only during the extended hours. These services include citizenship testing, citizenship ceremonies and the granting of permanent resident status.

Extending office hours allows clients to make appointments outside regular business hours, which saves them time and money, as they are less likely to have to take time off from work. The new extended hours also allow more people to attend citizenship ceremonies, giving new Canadians a better opportunity to celebrate and share this memorable experience with their friends and family.

In the past year, the government has also been working on a number of other service improvements by:

hiring more than 170 new staff members at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Client Support Centre and expanding the hours of operation of its call centre
offering more permanent resident landing services, so new permanent residents can have their final interview with an immigration officer, sign their confirmation of permanent residence and apply for their permanent resident card (PR card)
streamlining and improving the process for issuing PR cards and delivering them within 7 days to applicants who are applying from within Canada
exploring new ways to make the citizenship process faster for applicants, for example, Scarborough’s immigration office’s test pilot project, where some clients are immediately scheduled to attend their citizenship ceremony the day after passing their knowledge test

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/extended-hours-canada.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Gifty28(f): 10:40am On Aug 22, 2019
Good Morning guys pls i used the crs score just to calculate my score, haven't written ielt yet, just estimated scores where used and i got 441. bsc, 3yrs work exp and 28yrs. quick question can an IELTS score of 8 all through increase the score or what ielt score can increase the crs score. thanks and pls your responses are needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by NanaF: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2019
Gifty28:
Good Morning guys pls i used the crs score just to calculate my score, haven't written ielt yet, just estimated scores where used and i got 441. bsc, 3yrs work exp and 28yrs. quick question can an IELTS score of 8 all through increase the score or what ielt score can increase the crs score. thanks and pls your responses are needed.

With what you have chosen to get 441, you have used the highest bands in each category. Meaning, 441 is the highest you can get if you are under 30, single, sufficient work experience and Bsc only.

Write ielts, evaluate your degree and get in the pool (you can be nominated by a province), all these while considering other avenues to increase your score.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 10:50am On Aug 22, 2019
Gifty28:
but you can check on the crs tool na. 441 is the max . you need to do an extra diploma, masters or acceptable prof exam

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2019
amaya21:
You will enter travel history for you and your spouse.

Family members in the context of your EE application means spouse and kids.

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking I had to fill for my parents and siblings
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:00am On Aug 22, 2019
The VO says you can't use equity or property to claim POF which is true. What kind of mutual funds is this? You need to read your mutual funds letter again and see the conditions. Perhaps the equity is the issue. Also did you use property for POF?

See, liquidate the cash before the end of today if possible, transfer to a savings account, print out the bank statement and raise a CSE appealing the decision before the end of this week. You need to act fast. The VO wants to be sure you can access your funds. Prove to him/her you have unfettered access to that money. Your case will be reopened and you will get PPR.

At this stage, questioning why the VO disapprove mutual funds is irrelevant. Damage control is important, infact tell the VO if he/she wants to see raw cash, you will kuku parcel it as proof to touch and feel it grin grin Going forward as a lesson to us all, if you have invested your funds in any kind of investible funds and VO has doubts you can access it, please liquidate and show your raw cash in a savings/current account.

Paragraph 7 also caught my eye, the VO evaluates eligibility from the time you get ITA as well as post-AOR.

gretop:

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by linkin8k(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2019
NanaF:

With what you have chosen to get 441, you have used the highest bands in each category. Meaning, 441 is the highest you can get if you are under 30, single, sufficient work experience and Bsc only.

Write ielts, evaluate your degree and get in the pool (you can be nominated by a province), all these while considering other avenues to increase your score.

Please forgive me if this is a foolish question, but can someone get nominated by a province directly from the Federal pool without even applying for a PNP?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2019
amoskitto:
Post AOR guru's please; I need your advice:

"Has Jon Snow, and if applicable, Jon Snow's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc?"

Are we expected to include details of travel history of every one of our family members? shocked

Yup! You, your spouse and kids.

"Has Jon Snow, Khaleesi (ex Mrs. Drogo) and the 3 dragons taken trips outside Winterfell or House Targaryen in the last ten years. Include all trips: dothraki training, tourist trip to buy Missandei, invasion of Westeros, trip to burn down King's landing, etc?" grin

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by urblackpearl: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2019
Yes you can. This happened to me just last week when I got Ontario NOI

linkin8k:

Please forgive me if this is a foolish question, but can someone get nominated by a province directly from the Federal pool without even applying for a PNP?

Thanks

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2019
beckycute1:
Wow...

What a read...Massive congrats to you both
#loveislove

I'm a single parent, my child fully bears my name cos the father denied the preg and has never been in her life.

For my application, i included the NPC certificate showing just my name as her parent ( no father name indicated) and an affidavit stating she is exclusively under my care since her birth.

Do you think this will affect my application in any way or elongate the process?

in no way will it affect your application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mariesio: 11:13am On Aug 22, 2019
urblackpearl:

whats your CRS and NOC pls?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by linkin8k(m): 11:15am On Aug 22, 2019
urblackpearl:

Thanks buddy!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2019
Mariesio:

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/08/ontario-draw-targets-express-entry-candidates-with-management-and-financial-work-experience-0812671.html#gs.xgkdxs
Express Entry candidates who received an invitation were required to have work experience in one of 10 occupations, as well as a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score between 439 and 465.

The 10 targeted occupations were:

0114 Other administrative services managers
0601 Corporate sales managers
1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
1111 Financial auditors and accountants
3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
0111 Financial managers
1114 Other financial officers
0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rotile247(m): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2019
Gifty28:
Good Morning guys pls i used the crs score just to calculate my score, haven't written ielt yet, just estimated scores where used and i got 441. bsc, 3yrs work exp and 28yrs. quick question can an IELTS score of 8 all through increase the score or what ielt score can increase the crs score. thanks and pls your responses are nelleded.

Select 8.5 For Listening

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DanMisla: 11:24am On Aug 22, 2019
linkin8k:

Thanks

I believe you get invited to apply for nomination.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gretop(m): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2019
ednut1:
what type of mutual funds did you use money market
I used money market.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by profeddor15: 11:26am On Aug 22, 2019
Good morning sir/ma, please am waiting for your response on the question I asked on 21st August,2019 at 10:11pm on the issue of POF.
Thanks for your kind response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gretop(m): 11:27am On Aug 22, 2019
ifevictor:
Like how old was your mutual fund account when you applied and what other documents did you provide with the mutual fund statement as POF?

It was over 6 months. I didn’t use any property ad proof of funds
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by okokobiokoman: 11:28am On Aug 22, 2019
Congratulations to you, bae and son. All the best in CANADA.

[quote author=Sandydav post=81353959]How the lesbians got PPR��
TIMELINE:
IELTS(ONCE) LSWR 8.5, 8, 7, 7.5
Spouse 3rd Attempt 8777(PA)
Spouse ECA: WES- Applied in May received July- B.A and CIPM
CSR: 454
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gretop(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2019
I already raised a CSE attaching bank account statements for raw cash that is accessible. I was transferred from 9ja to NA as at Feb when I applied but my salary account was just 3 months old then. So I added my NA salary account which is over the minimum in my CSE and also attached the mutual funds updated letter again.

ladymarshall:
The VO says you can't use equity or property to claim POF which is true. What kind of mutual funds is this? You need to read your mutual funds letter again and see the conditions. Perhaps the equity is the issue. Also did you use property for POF?

See, liquidate the cash before the end of today if possible, transfer to a savings account, print out the bank statement and raise a CSE appealing the decision before the end of this week. You need to act fast. The VO wants to be sure you can access your funds. Prove to him/her you have unfettered access to that money. Your case will be reopened and you will get PPR.

At this stage, questioning why the VO disapprove mutual funds is irrelevant. Damage control is important, infact tell the VO if he/she wants to see raw cash, you will kuku parcel it as proof to touch and feel it grin grin Going forward as a lesson to us all, if you have invested your funds in any kind of investible funds and VO has doubts you can access it, please liquidate and show your raw cash in a savings/current account.

Paragraph 7 also caught my eye, the VO evaluates eligibility from the time you get ITA as well as post-AOR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by urblackpearl: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2019
449 - 1114

Mariesio:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gretop(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2019
The VO misinterpreted it. What we have on the Canadian website for PoF states that you can’t use “equity on property” but the VO intepreted it as “equity or property”. Further down the website page, it then says you can use investment accounts etc and also stated type of money you can bring into Canada upon landing which includes stocks etc.

Like you said earlier, trying to proof him wrong is not the point but instead showing that I have sufficient funds which I have done. It will end in praise IJN.

ladymarshall:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2019
gretop:

I used money market.
then the VO is high on crack. Abeg appeal and send mails to ralph and the minister too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by efueh: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2019
Buddy, kindly do as advised by Ladymarshal. As the onus now lies on you to prove your unfettered access to the said funds. It’s time to embark on a convincing mission of the VO and his supervisors,with strong evidence that you have total access to the funds by liquidating asap.
Note, you need a compelling and systematic LOE. Infact, consult Ladymarshal as I see her doing this well enough for you. I pray she has time to help you out. Your swift response is highly recommended.

gretop:

It was over 6 months. I didn’t use any property ad proof of funds

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gretop(m): 11:38am On Aug 22, 2019
Is the CSE same as an apeal? Cos I already did that.
Below is the mail I sent out to Ralph and minister. The one I submitted on the CSE is not as detailed because if the 1500 word limit but it has the main point of raw cash available and both statement been sufficient. Please help review and if you can cone out with something more concise, I’m willing to resubmit

ednut1:
then the VO is high on crack. Abeg appeal and send mails to ralph and the minister too.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2019
Rence22:
Good evening. I have sincerely been trying to upload a document and the requirements is 30 kg in jpeg or pdf. The least I have been able to reach is 130kb through a screenshot. Can someone please advise how to get it done. Thanks.
use i love pdf

google it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by RaptorTheNorth: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2019
Gifty28:

Hello Gifty28 to get the maximum CRS points from IELTS, you need a CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 10. This means aim for
Listening 8.5
Reading 8
Speaking 7.5
Writing 7.5
So in essence, 8 across all bands will not fetch you the maximum points because of Listening. I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 11:42am On Aug 22, 2019
gretop:
Is the CSE same as an apeal? Cos I already did that.
cse rather. mail those guys too and tell them the VO has caused you emotional trauma. he must be punished o .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2019
Amen. Great that you have acted fast and proved you can access the funds. I'm positive it will be reopened and PPR is assured. Don't worry and share your PPR story with us once you get the golden email.

gretop:
The VO misinterpreted it. What we have on the Canadian website for PoF states that you can’t use “equity on property” but the VO intepreted it as “equity or property”. Further down the website page, it then says you can use investment accounts etc and also stated type of money you can bring into Canada upon landing which includes stocks etc.

Like you said earlier, trying to proof him wrong is not the point but instead showing that I have sufficient funds which I have done. It will end in praise IJN.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.