Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1048770 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:48am On Aug 22, 2019
Nice. But I wish you had not resubmitted the mutual funds letter again. There must have been a clause that might have made the VO question how easy it is to access your funds. There was a case here not too long ago with a gtb clause and the mistake was resubmitting the gtb letter again upon ADR request instead of liquidating the cash outright. Hopefully your bank account statements for raw cash would convince the VO. Let's stay positive.

gretop:
I already raised a CSE attaching bank account statements for raw cash that is accessible. I was transferred from 9ja to NA as at Feb when I applied but my salary account was just 3 months old then. So I added my NA salary account which is over the minimum in my CSE and also attached the mutual funds updated letter again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Gifty28(f): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2019
Thank you so much for your time, i appreciate.

RaptorTheNorth:

Hello Gifty28 to get the maximum CRS points from IELTS, you need a CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 10. This means aim for
Listening 8.5
Reading 8
Speaking 7.5
Writing 7.5
So I’m essence, 8 across all bands will not fetch you the maximum points because of Listening. I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 11:56am On Aug 22, 2019
gretop:
Is the CSE same as an apeal? Cos I already did that.
Below is the mail I sent out to Ralph and minister. The one I submitted on the CSE is not as detailed because if the 1500 word limit but it has the main point of raw cash available and both statement been sufficient. Please help review and if you can cone out with something more concise, I’m willing to resubmit

why not liquidate the mutual funds to prove to the learner VO

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2019
brogxy:

Can you please help with information on how to learn French as a beginner to a level that is ok for passing TEF. As in school recommended, the fees and during. Merci.

Alliance Francaise in or near your location. More info on TEF thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/2#71032314

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gretop(m): 11:57am On Aug 22, 2019
Can you help review the mail I sent out to the minister on page 501?

ladymarshall:
Nice. But I wish you had not resubmitted the mutual funds letter again. There must have been a clause that might have made the VO question how easy it is to access your funds. There was a case here not too long ago with a gtb clause and the mistake was resubmitting the gtb letter again upon ADR request instead of liquidating the cash outright. Hopefully your bank account statements for raw cash would convince the VO. Let's stay positive.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by NanaF: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
ladymarshall:

See a sample of my money market mutual funds letter. Its quite clear and says the funds can be liquidated at anytime.

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by topeolu1: 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hi gretop, you see why I requested for your refusal letter? The VO never said any word about not being able to use mutual funds. As a matter of fact he never mention any mutual let alone funds. What he said was that he is not convinced the funds can be moved to Canada which is the regulation.

That takes me to the type of mutual funds you used. Is it from the USA, if I'm right? It's not the same with what obtains here in Naija, especially the type we do with stanbic. Mutual funds are derivatives which is tied to other treasury indices and are subject to vagaries of the market. Hence, they are not as liquid as term deposits, though high yielding. Stanbic knowing that Nigerians don't have time for all those treasury nonsense only came up with a variation of this product under this name and xtics. That is why we can liquidate our stanbic mutual funds and get credit same say. Ordinarily, in the US or Canada, it's not always so.

Like @ladymarshall said, you should not have resent the MF you did again to your explanation since you already have sufficient funds in your account, because that is the crux of the matter. So many people have used MF from stanbic and got their ppr, so MF is not the problem, perhaps the type and clime it's coming from.

I join you in faith for a positive review on the strength that you now have sufficient funds in your personal account without even factoring the MF in contention.

It will end in praise by God's grace.

gretop:

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by NanaF: 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2019
linkin8k:

Please forgive me if this is a foolish question, but can someone get nominated by a province directly from the Federal pool without even applying for a PNP?

Thanks

Yes, with good scores and other conditions known to the province (e.g occupation.) You select the provinces you would want to live in when setting up your profile

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
topeolu1:
Hi gretop, you see why I requested for your refusal

I join you in faith for a positive review on the strength that you now have sufficient funds in your personal account without even factoring the MF in contention.

It will end in praise by God's grace.

chai chai. Learn to read na. He used stanbic money market funds. The vo is only showing his incompetence. Even quotes the law wrongly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2019
I'm on it. Give me 5 minutes.

gretop:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mariesio: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
urblackpearl:
449 - 1114

Noted with thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bambarino: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
Bambarino:
Good morning All, please I have a question, I had my masters degree in UNILAG, so I decided to use it for evalution using Wes, I sent waec, then applied for transcript in unilag and that also has been sent but I forgot negligently to send certificate also, now wes has updated my profile that my waec, scratched card and transcript has been approved but certificate/statement of result has not been received, My question is I have collected attestation letter but have not collected my certification, can I send the attestation/to whom it may concern to WES, would it be accepted and approved? Please I need urgent reply on This, anybody that has used his/her attestation and it was approved, this is only what is pending my evaluation. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by topeolu1: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
Check my post again

ednut1:
chai chai. Learn to read na. He used stanbic money market funds. The vo is only showing his incompetence. Even quotes the law wrongly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
topeolu1:
Check my post again

ok. Its 9ja mutual fund ur mind went faaaaaar cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by topeolu1: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2019
If it's Naija MF, then he will get his groove back. I thought it was from the US. However, it's clear the VO was in the wrong cos I know several people who have their ppr with the same stanbic MF. Stanbic MF is not the MF type your see in the US or Canada. Their dollar variant comes close to that though, cos of the terms of liquidation. Let everyone planning to us stanbic MF dollar fund take note. You can't liquidate at will without penalties

ednut1:
ok. Its 9ja mutual fund
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Influential101: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cheanoks(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
jaybros:
.. if the MSc is from Nigeria....YES....else "sharperly" send to WES...it will be done quickly

Please Can someone help with this. I have a masters from Nigeria do i need still do verify my BSC or professional certification. Or Do I just verify just WAEC and Masters. Also How long is WES taking to verify results? ICES is saying nothing earlier than 20 weeks....
This is an SOS call
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
Sure. First of all, Ralph and minister are only intermediaries. They can inquire on our application for information purposes but they can't influence CIC decisions or teach CIC to do their jobs. It's not like Nigeria where politicians can dictate to civil servants as they like. In cases of rejection, the VO, CIO and the court are your best resorts. Note that when your case is reopened, it is the same VO who would re-review your case. If you are still not satisfied and you take it to court, the case will be you versus the VO. In other words, the VO is most powerful at this point.

But no need for court, what I would advice is send a direct email to your VO and copy CIO sydney. Refer to the CSE you raised yesterday. Personally I find this current tone in this draft problematic, it sounds defensive and questions the VO's intelligence. The VO knows investments and mutual funds are acceptable funds but each case is different and investments have different clauses which the VO must closely examine. Most importantly, the VO must be convinced of your access to your funds.

Introductory paragraph of your draft is fine.

Paragraph 2, 3, 4 and 5 are unnecessary.

Sample:

Dear Visa Officer,

I am writing to make an appeal in respect to the refusal of my permanent residency application. I got a refusal letter on 20th of August 2019 on the basis of proof of funds. I raised a CSE appeal yesterday but decided to kindly explain further in this email. In my refusal letter, you indicated in paragraph 4 that you were not convinced that I have at my disposal "with sufficient liquidity and with the ability to transfer those assets the necessary threshold of funds to support my establishment in Canada on arrival". You indicated that I cannot use equity or property as settlement funds and in my original application, I actually did not. I used a mutual investment fund as my proof of funds as at February... with NGN....equivalent to CAD...The letter backing my proof of funds stated that the investment can be liquidated anytime by me.

To prove to you that the funds for settlement in Canada are readily available to me with sufficient liquidity, I have liquidated the mutual investment cash and transferred it into my savings account, please find attached. (if you cannot liquidate it or if you decide not to, remove @ bold).

I have attached my US bank statements for a 6 months period and my payslips. I did not include the US account in my original application because I was transferred from Nigeria to US in November 2018 and as such the US account was less than 6 months old as at the time I applied 11th of February 2019.

In my attached US bank statement, the latest balance as at August...is USD... This amount exceeds the minimum proof of funds required for my family, a family of three (Please reprint the latest balance showing today or this week's date)

Kindly consider reopening my application. I understand the integrity of the application process is paramount to Canada and I appreciate the work that you do. I plead and kindly request that you favourably re-evaluate my application in the light of my updated documents. Thank for the work that you do and I look forward to a positive response.

Sincerely,

PS: After sending your VO a direct email, raise another CSE directly to your VO, put this explanation in an LOE and attach with your updated US bank statements (and NGN savings account showing the liquidated mutual funds, if you decide to liquidate). That way, the 1500 word limit doesn't affect you.

All the best to you and I am positive your application would be reopened but personally I would still advice that you still liquidate your mutual funds and transfer to your savings account. Because if you decide to use only the US bank statement, the VO can still refuse you a second time and claim that at the time of your application in February 2019, you did not have the sufficient funds in your US bank account eligible for your family size. I'm basing this on paragraph 7 of your refusal letter. So my question to you is from November 2018 to February 2019 when you applied, how much was in your US bank, was it sufficient for family of 3 (exchange rate fluctuation aside)? If no, I pray the VO shows mercy. To avoid any loophole for another refusal or non-reconsideration, please liquidate your mutual funds.

gretop:

55 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Icecreamy: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
Good day, please can someone help me with this issue.
I need to know the cost of the processing fee for a family of 3(i.e parents and 1 child). Also as regards the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), how much is it and am I to pay for each member of the family.

Kindly let me know if there are other fees/charges to be paid aside these two I mentioned.
Please note that the child is below 18years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
If indeed the funds can be liquidated at anytime and the VO claims he/she is not convinced that you can liquidate, why argue? Why not just liquidate it and prove the VO wrong? Arguing it creates more suscipicion in the VO's mind.

Besides every case is different, that a person gets PPR with a particular investment doesn't guarantee another will get PPR, VOs are different. Actually nothing in this application is guaranteed.

NanaF:

See a sample of my money market mutual funds letter. Its quite clear and says the funds can be liquidated at anytime.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
[quote author=Bambarino post=81495455][/quote]
Yes you can. Use hellofax
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gretop(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
Is there a way I can get my VO’s email? I want to do just as you advised. I can’t find it in my GCMS note.
ladymarshall:
Sure. First of all, Ralph and minister are only intermediaries. They can inquire on our application for information purposes but they can't influence CIC decisions or teach CIC to do their jobs. It's not like Nigeria where politicians can dictate to civil servants as they like. In cases of rejection, the VO, CIO and the court are your best resorts. Note that when your case is reopened, it is the same VO who would re-review your case. If you are still not satisfied and you take it to court, the case will be you versus the VO. In other words, the VO is most powerful at this point.

But no need for court, what I would advice is send a direct email to your VO and copy CIO sydney. Refer to the CSE you raised yesterday. Personally I find this current tone in this draft problematic, it sounds defensive and questions the VO's intelligence. The VO knows investments and mutual funds are acceptable funds but each case is different and investments have different clauses which the VO must closely examine. Most importantly, the VO must be convinced of your access to your funds.

Introductory paragraph of your draft is fine.

Paragraph 2, 3, 4 and 5 are unnecessary.

Sample:

Dear Visa Officer,

I am writing to make an appeal in respect to the refusal of my permanent residency application. I got a refusal letter on 20th of August 2019 on the basis of proof of funds. I raised a CSE appeal yesterday but decided to kindly explain further in this email. In my refusal letter, you indicated in paragraph 4 that you were not convinced that I have at my disposal "with sufficient liquidity and with the ability to transfer those assets the necessary threshold of funds to support my establishment in Canada on arrival". You indicated that I cannot use equity or property as settlement funds and in my original application, I actually did not. I used a mutual investment fund as my proof of funds as at February... with NGN....equivalent to CAD...The letter backing my proof of funds stated that the investment can be liquidated anytime by me.

To prove to you that the funds for settlement in Canada are readily available to me with sufficient liquidity, I have liquidated the mutual investment cash and transferred it into my savings account, please find attached. (if you cannot liquidate it or if you decide not to, remove @ bold).

I have attached my US bank statements for a 6 months period and my payslips. I did not include the US account in my original application because I was transferred from Nigeria to US in November 2018 and as such the US account was less than 6 months old as at the time I applied 11th of February 2019.

In my attached US bank statement, the latest balance as at August...is USD... This amount exceeds the minimum proof of funds required for my family, a family of three (Please reprint the latest balance showing today or this week's date)

Kindly consider reopening my application. I understand the integrity of the application process is paramount to Canada and I appreciate the work that you do. I plead and kindly request that you favourably re-evaluate my application in the light of my updated documents. Thank for the work that you do and I look forward to a positive response.

Sincerely,

PS: After sending your VO a direct email, raise another CSE directly to your VO, put this explanation in an LOE and attach with your updated US bank statements (and NGN savings account showing the liquidated mutual funds, if you decide to liquidate). That way, the 1500 word limit doesn't affect you.

All the best to you and I am positive your application would be reopened but personally I would still advice that you still liquidate your mutual funds and transfer to your savings account. Because if you decide to use only the US bank statement, the VO can still refuse you a second time and claim that at the time of your application in February 2019, you did not have the sufficient funds in your US bank account eligible for your family size. So my question to you is from November 2018 to February 2019 when you applied, how much was in your US bank, was it sufficient for family of 3 (exchange rate fluctuation aside)? If no, I pray the VO shows mercy. To avoid any loophole for another refusal or non-reconsideration, please liquidate your mutual funds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
Who is your VO? If you know the office, we can find the email. Or which email sent you the rejection, we can tell from that too.

gretop:
Is there a way I can get my VO’s email? I want to do just as you advised. I can’t find it in my GCMS note.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tessie89: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
damola832000:

Would be grateful if you could help with the paid IELTS paid materials too
damola832000@yahoo.com
God bless you

Not gotten any from anybody, but if I do trust me, I will send to u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pejuhazel(f): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
ladymarshall:
@pejuhazel sis how far? I'm eagerly waiting to read your PPR script.
My sister I'm still waiting on AVO , thanks for checking. Once it lands, I'll make sure to come here and share the good news.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by onyexx: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2019
sayveetwice:
To avoid complexities. Just change your passport before it expires. While waiting for your ECA, your new passport can be out too.

The problem is with the availability of booklets
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gretop(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
My primary office is: Montreal Immigration while my secondary office is: Centralized Intake Office. The letter was updated on my profile on the website. It wasn’t sent to my mail directly.

In parallel, I have started the liquidation process. Can’t do more than N2.5m online so I have to do it over 3 days. It takes a max of two days for online redemption.

ladymarshall:
Who is your VO? If you know the office, we can find the email. Or which email sent you the rejection, we can tell from that too.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by emmatrack(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
@ladymarshall and other gurus, I suggest you reach out to our brother and provide every necessary help that is required behind the curtain. That, in my opinion, will be quick and effective. We look forward to a positive resolution and PPR testimony.
gretop:
I already raised a CSE attaching bank account statements for raw cash that is accessible. I was transferred from 9ja to NA as at Feb when I applied but my salary account was just 3 months old then. So I added my NA salary account which is over the minimum in my CSE and also attached the mutual funds updated letter again.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scbhoviv: 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
millybushy:

Any word yet from AVO, I am in a similar situation

No word yet oh . Still waiting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2019
profeddor15:
Good evening my handsome and beautiful elders in the house, please,I need a clarification on the pof
you don't need to do put this in the open. justwise please !!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by charzyh2: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2019
I have OND. How many stages of the BCS course do I need to pass in order to have evaluation of "2 or more degrees"?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dinma27: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.