Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1053843 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:24am On Sep 28, 2019
Congrats. I remembered that post. Wish you speedy PPR

WaleCanada:
I have come back to fulfil my promise. made IELTS on the second sitting.

I refer to this post today and say, to the glory of God, I'm over 50days post AOR. The lord that started this will definitely finish it. The POF issue was miraculously sorted by God Himself. He showed up for me and surprised me bountifully, in record time, i must say.

Thanks to everyone for your inputs.

And today, i declare, that i will refer to this post again and announce my PPR soonest. it shall end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ans123: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2019
You start also indicate your start and end date for ed each job role. The month and year . I think you should have just stated your admin officer role to simplify it

[quote author=jpj post=82644260]Hello fam, to cut long story short, I wrote my IELTS in 2017 without really thinking about relocating because my family was in the US at that time. Fast forward to 2018 my family returned and Nigeria didn't make sense anymore so I had to dust my IELTS and wifey started the whole work of filling forms and telling me how much we need to pay for WES evaluation, medicals etc. November 2018 we entered the express entry pool and with CRS of 456.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:31am On Sep 28, 2019
If the regular salary payments for that side hustle shows in your POF or work experience bank account statements, it’s a good idea to mention it so the VO is not wondering why there’s no mention of it. If there’s no mention of it anywhere online or social media, you can leave it out.
tekay:
Hello fam,
With regards to mentioning ones side hustle. For someone that studied abroad and often worked on weekends (16 hours )during the study period or 40 hours/week when uni is on 3 months summer vacation. Should such job be mentioned in personal history ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Elektra008(f): 11:39am On Sep 28, 2019
Eraytee:
grin We are going to page 700 grin
grin grin grin seriously!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ashiwajew: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2019
CanadaPR:

What's your current simulated crs score? This determine if you'll French exams in addition to any of the below.

You can quickly register and join HRDC. A new class begins next month and that will be all till October next year.

Or

Do CIMA if you're good with Accounting

Or

Either Qualifi or BTEC if you can write a lot

Or

BCS if you're an IT person.

Whichever suits you best.

Thanks for the info. My CRS score is 430. is there a way I can confirm acceptable certifications? Or are these ones based on personal experiences
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:53am On Sep 28, 2019
An interview wasn’t conducted. He appealed the refusal, it wasn’t granted so he took CIC to court but he lost the case.
Elektra008:

Yes, an interview was conducted. The guy in question was also on the board of directors of another coy he didn't mention at all in his application because he thought it was not necessary. Unfortunately, the mistake cost him.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ashiwajew: 11:57am On Sep 28, 2019
iaatmguy:
BCS CIMA, Learn french, be hopeful for PNP. Read page one, it would be beneficial to you

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chriswazo(m): 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
ladymarshall:
You’re not the first to use NYSC experiences, others have used only it and gotten PPR. Search the thread for their stories. Use your deployment letter and passing out certificate to prove the one year experience, in addition to the PPA letter. CIC knows actual work at the PPA is 10-11 months but activities continue with NYSC until the expiration of one year. This is why your deployment letter and passing out cert is important.

shocked shocked
Wow,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Elektra008(f): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
ladymarshall:
An interview wasn’t conducted. He appealed the refusal, it wasn’t granted so he took CIC to court but he lost the case.

Thanks for the clarification boss. How are you holding up? Your ppr announcement is very close in Jesus' name.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2019
Bro, these days they even search online presence of companies and also the PA, if neither have online presence, they note it in the gcms notes for review. If your company has no online presence, they send it to Accra who will do an online check with CAC. Everything will be documented in gcms. CIC considers online as an official source now o

johnnybravo1990:

This your story is somehow o. How can a VO rely on information he finds online which is not official. Did the VO invite the candidate for an interview to clarify things? I think there may be more to this story.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbzzyy: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
jpj:

I felt my whole world crumbled because I had put in everything into the application. I immediately wrote a letter of appeal for reconsideration stating that I have over 10 years of experience and linking the main duties with the reference letter my employer gave me.

So sorry about your ordeal JPJ. As a fellow FG worker, this is close to home. And I know our duties are practically the same on paper even after several promotions (until directorate level).

In view of this, you need to get a new reference letter from your place of work. I would also suggest you provide a sample for the HR person highlighting requirements from IRCC plus job responsibilities over the past years, in bullet points, regardless of under which rank you were (these should align closely with your chosen NOC), then you can mention your promotion timeline altogether in a separate paragraph or leave it out all thesame.

This will make the reference letter more logical and straight forward without altering any of your roles or promotions.

Although I think this can be attempted to reopen the previous case, I dont know if it is too late. However, you can also try using this method for the new application.

This is my opinion, you can checkout possible ways around it from others.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2019
@raphrulz

successhungry:
Hi, guys! Please,can the ppr hall of fame be updated? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2019
joo2018:
Welcome to Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program Thread - Part 8

SISTER THREADS

cc: @justwise, @raphrulz, @ifeoma77. @Topsmamen, @ladymarshall
is there anyone studying library and information science in canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by magastefan: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
[quote author=jpj post=82644260]Hello fam, to cut long story short, I wrote my IELTS in 2017 without really thinking about relocating because my family was in the US at that time.

From my little knowledge here...ur reference stated so many Nocs within short period of time..from HRM to Public admin to Pension Dept etc...hence would make the VO wonder which one lasted for 1-3 years u are claiming point for...it's best you look for the NOC within your years of experience that lasted for continuous 1yr and/or 3yrs and get a reference for it only.. others can be added to history.

My thoughts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by junewandra: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2019
ladymarshall:
2-3 weeks/Within a month at most. It’s unusual for it to take more than a month except there’s some miscommunication with VFS or some life changing updates from your end. You will get an email from VFS that passport is ready for pickup

Kk. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by magastefan: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
Within a week we got out ITA, made all our payments and submitted all the documents requested plus the NOC I picked was 1221 which falls with my over 10 year experience as a government employee where I got my reference letter.

Everything was good up until May 2019 when I received a heart breaking mail of refusal because my VO stated he is not satisfied that I have enough experience in the NOC 1221 I selected. I have a B.Sc and Masters both in Public Administration.

I felt my whole world crumbled because I had put in everything into the application. I immediately wrote a letter of appeal for reconsideration stating that I have over 10 years of experience and linking the main duties with the reference letter my employer gave to me.

From my little knowledge I here...your reference letter States so many NOCs from HRM to Public Admin to Pension etc...the VO may be wondering which of them lasted for 1 or 3 years you are claiming points for...it's best you look for a NOC within your years of experience lasting for continuous 1 and or 3 yrs and get reference for only it...others can be in work history ..

My thoughts

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2019
I am so sorry to hear the painful ordeal of your refusal and non-refund. But I really commend you on your determination and doggedness to rewrite ielts and get an invite from SINP, despite your refusal. Congratulations on the nomination. I really admire your determination.

You would need to thread carefully because SINP has a very thorough bg check on its applicants and the fact that you have been refused before will further make them more rigorously meticulous with your application before it gets to CIC who would also zoom in some more.

Without sounding harsh, the first mistake you made after the refusal was to argue with your VO on the NOC Choice when it is glaring from your reference letter that he/she was right. Your NOC choice was partially right but the duties as stated in your reference letter that you performed were insufficient for that NoC. The issue is not whether you have 10 years of experience in that Noc, the issue is whether your reference letter proved that you performed sufficient duties to claim that NOC. Also the line of argument in your appeal that you mentioned that you have a Bsc and MSc in your NOC expertise must have infuriated your VO. We all know that education is irrelevant when it comes NOC. Only work duties matter.

Your reference letter is very problematic and confusing (pardon my bluntness). The major mistake was that you lumped all different NOCs together when you were only claiming points for one NOC. No idea why you did that. Point 2 is arguably Noc 1221. Point 3 appears like Noc 1221 from your job title but the duties are closely related to HR officer NOC 1223 or 1121. Point 4, 5 and 6 are managerial Nocs so your chosen Noc 1221 does not even apply. The jobs titles of points 4,5 and 6 in your ref letter look like Noc 0114 but the duties you performed are closely related to HR manager Noc 0112. For Point 7, the title and paragraph intro looks like it’s a managerial NOC but the roles look more like an HR officer NOC 1223 or 1121 roles. Do you see the problem? You chose your NoC based on the job title but your roles show otherwise. Also the NOC you used for EE only has 3 roles @ point 2 which is why VO refused you for insufficient duties performed. And you reappealed using this same problematic reference which is why your GCMS shows what you’re seeing there. Nothing will change in your case if you don’t get a new reference letter.

Solution.

1. Raise a new CSE reappealing your current appeal since VO has not made the final decision officially to you via email on your case. (Which is also why you have not gotten a refund yet). Get a new reference letter for your 2009-2012 role which kind of aligns with Noc 1221 containing 10 duties in that Noc and attach, begging the VO that you were wrong earlier and kindly request to reconsider your case and consider your new documents that you have attached in making their final decision. Also mention that you would like to move the rest of your experiences and promotions in those other Nocs to your personal history. You can add another attachment showing a table for your new personal history. Pm me if you like me to look through the drafts. Then the VO would reconsider your new reference letter and the new personal history table to reopen your case and give you PPR. You should be happy that you’ve been waiting for months for a new appeal decision and that your GCMS revealed this to you. You should also pray that the Vo does not get back to you on his final decision via official mail before you get your new reference letter.

2. For SINP, which Noc were you nominated for? That would determine your next course of action. If it is for Noc 1221, you can’t use this current reference letter. You would need that new reference letter that you want to use for reappeal. So hurry and get that letter. If you can get it early next week, do it sharp sharp, don’t waste time.

I wish you all the best.

jpj:
Hello fam, to cut long story short, I wrote my IELTS in 2017 without really thinking about relocating because my family was in the US at that time. Fast forward to 2018 my family returned and Nigeria didn't make sense anymore so I had to dust my IELTS and wifey started the whole work of filling forms and telling me how much we need to pay for WES evaluation, medicals etc. November 2018 we entered the express entry pool and with CRS of 456.

Within a week we got out ITA, made all our payments and submitted all the documents requested plus the NOC I picked was 1221 which falls with my over 10 year experience as a government employee where I got my reference letter.

Everything was good up until May 2019 when I received a heart breaking mail of refusal because my VO stated he is not satisfied that I have enough experience in the NOC 1221 I selected. I have a B.Sc and Masters both in Public Administration.

I felt my whole world crumbled because I had put in everything into the application. I immediately wrote a letter of appeal for reconsideration stating that I have over 10 years of experience and linking the main duties with the reference letter my employer gave to me.

After waiting for months without reply I had to request for my GCMS notes and in it I saw my VO stated that no new document was presented and my case remains closed. Prior to receiving the notes I had written a follow up letter to Ghana VO copied Ottawa office informing them I am yet to get a respond. We are still waiting.

The IELTS result I used in entering the pool expired after I submitted my ITA and so I retook the IELTS again twice and also submitted an Expression of interest to Saskatchewan express entry and was lucky enough to get an invitation to apply but the help I presently need is for someone to help me by going through my reference letter and telling me what the problem was or is with it my reference letter because I have to submit another one with my new invitation.

Lest I forget, I am yet to be refunded by IRCC and according to my GCMS notes refund has been made. I contemplated getting advice from a lawyer but for 30 minutes consultation I have to pay a minimum of $250 depending on the quality of the firm at the same time I have to pay $350 Canadian to Saskatchewan as I apply into their express entry.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by magastefan: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2019
I just want to rant...imagine my University cannot check WES verification email sent to them because they haven't had light in the whole school for 1 week now...

This is enough reason to want to relocate...It will end in praise eventually

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hey sis, I’m fine o. Still waiting and trying to be positive. My file has no issue for now, just delay. Amen o. From your lips to God’s ears. Thanks for asking kiss

Elektra008:

Thanks for the clarification boss. How are you holding up? Your ppr announcement is very close in Jesus' name.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2019
If any of us get refusal, address the issues raised by the VO directly before you write your appeal. Also share the refusal with trusted sources and get good advice so you don’t get it wrong again the second time. These VOs are experienced, dealing with thousands of applications. Most times from what I have seen, their reasons for refusals are legit and they would only reconsider if you upload new docs to rectify the error. Also pray.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2019
@bold matters only for Manitoba PNP

MissHillz:
Hello house! Hope we’re all having a good day?
I’ve been following this thread for a while as a silent observer and i must commend everyone for their detailed and honest explanation.

I chose Ontario because i have relatives there that are citizens . Cousins, uncles and aunty.

Any advice on my choice of NOC and province will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hello everyone,
Please can I join my ICES BSc ECA report with my WES CIMA report?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by safex(m): 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
magastefan:
I just want to rant...imagine my University cannot check WES verification email sent to them because they haven't had light in the whole school for 1 week now...

This is enough reason to want to relocate...It will end in praise eventually
My dear, if I were in your shoes, I'd carry my generator with fuel to the school and get the problem solved once and for all. Don't give devil any chances abeg!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
The French guru himself! Ifeoma no 1 crusher! grin grin And senior member of this great thread. Congratulations again! I’m so excited for you. Looking forward to the COPR sendoff party grin

I’m waiting patiently to mark your script. I owe you bonus marks for your selflessness but you owe me marks too tongue And you will pay before you come near my sis @ifeoma77 angry

I wish you all the best in Canada. Looking forward to our Niagara Falls tour. Luckily it’s cold now, so you won’t visit e no go sweet grin until next summer, I’ll get my PPR before then.

etrange:
People, gather! Everyone!

It's PPR announcement!

My name is etrange and I've gotten my PPR! Here is my timeline:

One thing I believe is, provided your application is complete and sincere, time is the highest it can take! As for those doing one thing or the other to get ITA, please do not give up. Hang in there, the end goal is worth it. The feeling is indescribable. I woke up every one hour to check my mail again just to convince myself it was not a dream!

Happily ever after with Ifeoma77

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2019
grin grin grin
etrange:

Me, cope without Ifeoma77? Is that remotely possible? Even Ralph had to do something eventually grin

As for the rest of your questions, I'm coming...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
ObeBabyJay:
Hello everyone,
Please can I join my ICES BSc ECA report with my WES CIMA report?

Thanks
yes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
ladymarshall:
I am so sorry to hear the painful ordeal of your refusal and non-refund. But I really commend you on your determination and

I wish you all the best.

100% correct. That letter was all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Eraytee: 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
they dont even have to send it to Accra, they can search the name themselves on CAC website, the date of registration, reg. number and address will be displayed. its that simple. the link is not opening from here would have attached it. google "how to search a company's existence from cac" you will surely get it.

ladymarshall:
Bro, these days they even search online presence of companies and also the PA, if neither have online presence, they note it in the gcms notes for review. If your company has no online presence, they send it to Accra who will do an online check with CAC. Everything will be documented in gcms. CIC considers online as an official source now o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AdesegunSanni89: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2019
Enculer:

Hello,

I did not get what you wrote. Is WAEC no longer a requirement?
Yes if you didn’t enter the University with direct entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thanks, I've seen it
ladymarshall:
The sample format is on page 1 under sample documents

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
Congratulations I’m so happy for you.
All the best for your ITA and PPR

jovids:
Good morning everyone.

I have learnt so much from this thread and I want to appreciate everybody.
Thank you @ cookeed (for taking out time to share your tips with me) @ johnnybravo (the intensive coaching really paid off) @ladymarshall @ jjohndoe83 and to everyone who keep contributing one way or the other to this thread.

All Glory to God!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
No they don’t have to but they do. I know the website very well and I have shared it here in my earlier posts. I’m speaking in reference to a particular case. Ottawa couldn’t verify the employer via online presence and the file was transferred to Accra who then did the CAC online checks. Usually when there’s confusion or any checks relating your locale, they transfer you to your local VO. I think it’s based on the assumption that a local VO can easily understand the case. Or just file redistribution.

Eraytee:
they dont even have to send it to Accra, they can search the name themselves on CAC website, the date of registration, reg. number and address will be displayed. its that simple. the link is not opening from here would have attached it. google "how to search a company's existence from cac" you will surely get it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.