Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050332 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ucheuju: 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
ednut1:

1 - yes
2- use 1111. More chances for pnp if your scores is not enough. If you have enough points use any

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
kingkhalil:
Hi all,

I am post ITA and currently uploading documents on my Express Entry profile so I can submit. Under which section do I upload my IELTS TRF?

Under the section for your degree. You have to merge the documents because there's only one placeholder. Use the camscanner app or ilovepdf.com

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chukwuemeka275(m): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
Silversurfer1:

Under the section for your degree. You have to merge the documents because there's only one placeholder. Use the camscanner app or ilovepdf.com

Good advice! I had that problem before
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hey my oga...who will now take over from our amiable PPR script marker.

I nominate @Tina grin

wasseynewest:
Yes! Thanks to the ever faithful God that never forgets his/her own. The "Boss Marshall grin" of the NL thread. You came into the thread just like atomic bomb and suddenly blew everyone away�. I used to marvel at your energy on this thread boss and I bless the day we ordained you to take over from the "Senior Boss Ifeoma" herself grin. Your wonderful deeds on this thread will 4ever be remembered and am glad to be rejoicing your special day with you.
Super Congratulations boss and all the best always!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hephzibah2018: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
ladymarshall:
First, let me say a big thank you for your wishes and prayers since I first announced. I’m so overwhelmed as I type not just because of the happy shock of PPR but also because I never expected the outpouring of love. Thank you. I really appreciate you all.

Second, to those post-AOR awaiting PPR, please check your emails even as you read this script. Golden email can come at anytime like play. Only two nights ago I was so depressed at the thought of CIC, I ate only once, had a sleepless night, woke up yesterday expressing my frustration in group chats early morning until 9.05am and from nowhere, golden email came in at 9.06am. There is hope.

It's tears of joy....your story, patience, rush of sorts of emotions. Wow.....just wooooow!!!! I'm so happy for us sis, I tap into this PPR testimony. It'll end in praise for us in Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ananne: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
Pwinkle1:

The center that I did mine in, is in Oregon, Ikeja.

I think you are supposed to put IRCC in the application but I forgot to include mine.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by justthinking: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
jovids:

I think you should call them to know what exactly is happening. From experience, IQAS takes about 4 months to acknowledge receipt. So its surprising that they have acknowledged your application which only got there last month.
Actually you are right. My application got there since May. But anytime i track my application using Nipost website it keeps telling me is still in Lagos, so i went to nipost office in june to report the issue and the man told me that they are having a problem in south Africa, only for me to receive a main from IQAS in September 20 that my application is received, so i assumed that's when Nipost delivered the package. Also regarding my transcript issue. I sent a mail to them and they replied that i have nothing to worry about and should not resend. They said they will use the information in the transcript to match my application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hello guys, after you have made an EE application and before receipt of ITA, is it possible to view the information you supplied? How can this be done? I noticed that you can put it new information but I was not able to view what was entered previously.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Abiodunnn:
My exact thoughts about @Adun.nee, sis your PPR is closer than you imagine. But @iaatm.guy has always said in the past that his wife is an accountant while @Adunnee said she's HR...
I don't know who started relating the two of them together though.

inspector tafa
inspector moshood
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

are you sure ??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Drahl(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Dinma27:
I need help with reading o in IELTS. I don't seem to understand why I can't still get it. It still looks like the hardest for me. Somebody helpppppp embarassed embarassed

The books I used are:
1.Barron's for IELTS(It is good for reading and has three model tests but it is not ideal for listening probably that was why I failed listening twice)
2.Official IELTS practice materials(It's the conventional red book sold by British council but it has two model tests on reading that are very resourceful).

Online resources:
Road to IELTS(You can only access this when you book with BC and it has two model tests.
I also combined it with MOD reading model tests.
I wouldnt advice using ieltsonlinetests.com(it's too easy),I would recommend mini-ielts.com(it's very very good). [my opinion]
I also used Cambridge academic reading.It is very hard but it will make the actual reading on test day feel like cereals.
There's also a Japanese lady called Toneka(that lady is ingenious,infact, I love her).She has a video where she answered ielts reading and showed all the tricks.you can search for her on youtube.You might find her boring and her English is not too coherent and fluent,but trust me,she is very good.

MY ADVICE AND STRATEGIES:.
1. Don't go beyond the word count limit.no more than two words means maximum of two words.
2.Write all answers in block letters,that way you won't forget to capitalize a proper noun.
3.Time Management:
passage 1 is 13 questions.passage 2 is 14Q. passage 3 is 13Q.
Passage 1 is the easiest and passage 3 is the hardest.I recommend 15mins for P1(or less),15mins for P2,at least 30mins for P3.When you do practice tests,ensure you time yourself so that you don't go overboard.it is imperative.
4.When I get my question booklet,I DONT read the passages,you will be wasting valuable time.Go straight to the questions,For me i read 4 questions once,then i underline the keywords and circle some and replace them with two synonyms,I then go back to the passage and find the answers.Quickly finding answers is a skill that takes time to build.Taking 4Q once helps you save time because in the bid of finding the answer to number 2,you might find the answer to number 3 or 4.(this is better than one question at a time).secondly,the questions in section 1 and 2 are chronological(if you found the answer to number 7 and you cant find the answer to number 6,most probably,the answer to 6 is just above number 7)[this doesnt apply in passage 3].
5. For matching headline with paragraph:you dont need to read the entire paragraph.Read only the first two sentences,the topic sentence is always there.This is enough to summarize the paragraph.If you cant still match it because the information is not enough,read the last sentence(it will contain the summary).I think sometimes(rare cases) they put the summary in the middle.Also,sometimes a paragraph may have quotation marks expressing the speakers thought,that is all you need to read to match it.Another thing i do is;I look at the list of headings and rewrite them with my own words.
for instance,a heading like 'the robots main function'......I replace 'main' with synonyms like primary or key.....i replace 'function' with importance,use or purpose.That way,when i read the first 2 sentences of the passage,the answers are staring at me brightly.
6.For T/F/NG..Most people tend to answer these question based on their knowledge(it is WRONG)If the passage says the capital of Nigeria is Paris,then the capital of Nigeria is Paris.dont infer or deduce.
Passage:Baron pierre de coubertin,the founder of modern olympics aim was to bring together,once every four years,athletes from all countries on the friendly fields of amateur sport.
question:only amateur athletes are allowed to compete in the modern olympics.
answer:NOT GIVEN

Here's another one:John jumped from the 8th floor of UBA house.
question:john died as a result of the fall
Answer:NOT GIVEN(even though we know john would die but it wasnt mentioned in the passage).

Passage: The architectural design of the building is shoe-box shaped.
question :the building has a shoe-shaped design
answer:FALSE

7. It is good to circle peoples name(Xerxes, Einstein), dates, countries, cities etc.For instance, a passage might say 50 years ago,if you focus on 50 years in the passage,you might not see your answer.what i would do is to look for synonyms like 'half a century' or '5 decades ago'.this technique also works for 'SENTENCE COMPLETION' and 'FLOWCHART' questions.
Also, in sentence completion,use ONLY words used in the passage. Dont change the form of the word(if its simple present , write simple present)and the sentence must be grammatically correct with the word/words you have chosen.
8.Learn to practice skimming and scanning:quickly look for key information and quickly read for the main idea.
9.Lastly, I always underline key points on all the passages and find appropriate synonyms to replace them except the ones that cannot be replaced(I think you should because it saves time and you will find the answers easily).{my question paper always looks like a baby learning how to scribble...plenty jaga jaga because na so so underline and circles full my question booklet}

I think the easiest module on the IELTS is reading[my opinion] because the answers are staring at you,all you need to do is search for them.unlike listening,where if you dont hear the word it is finished.These are the tips i have applied.
Lastly, i save 5-8mins to go over my answers.

Disclaimer:There might be better ways to ace the reading module but these are strategies that I have used.

39 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Austinbani(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hmmm, this is serious.
Ladywinterfell:

David Amedu. Busted on 2telegram groups,removed from one post ITA group. He's here again shocked

Uncle David atleast change your handwriting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ananne: 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
[quote author=Drahl post=83013388]

The books I used are:
1.Barron's for IELTS(It is good for reading and has three model tests but it is not ideal for listening probably that was why I failed listening twice)
2.Official IELTS practice materials(It's the conventional red book sold by British council but it has two model tests on reading that are very resourceful).

Online resources:
Road to IELTS(You can only access this when you book with BC and it has two model tests.
I also combined it with MOD reading model tests.
I wouldnt advice using ieltsonlinetests.com(it's too easy),I would recommend mini-ielts.com(it's very very good). [my opinion]
I also used Cambridge academic reading.It is very hard but it will make the actual reading on test day feel like cereals.
There's also a Japanese lady called Toneka(that lady is ingenious,infact, I love her).She has a video where she answered ielts reading and showed all the tricks.you can search for her on youtube.You might find her boring and her English is not too coherent and fluent,but trust me,she is very good.

MY ADVICE AND STRATEGIES:.
1. Don't go beyond the word count limit.no more than two words means maximum of two words.
2.Write all answers in block letters,that way you won't forget to capitalize a proper noun.
3.Time Management:
passage 1 is 13 questions.passage 2 is 14Q. passage 3 is 13Q.
Passage 1 is the easiest and passage 3 is the hardest.I recommend 15mins for P1(or less),15mins for P2,at least 30mins for P3.When you do practice tests,ensure you time yourself so that you don't go overboard.it is imperative.
4.When I get my question booklet,I DONT read the passages,you will be wasting valuable time.Go straight to the questions,For me i read 4 questions once,then i underline the keywords and circle some and replace them with two synonyms,I then go back to the passage and find the answers.Quickly finding answers is a skill that takes time to build.Taking 4Q once helps you save time because in the bid of finding the answer to number 2,you might find the answer to number 3 or 4.(this is better than one question at a time).secondly,the questions in section 1 and 2 are chronological(if you found the answer to number 7 and you cant find the answer to number 6,most probably,the answer to 6 is just above number 7)[this doesnt apply in passage 3].
5. For matching headline with paragraph:you dont need to read the entire paragraph.Read only the first two sentences,the topic sentence is always there.This is enough to summarize the paragraph.If you cant still match it because the information is not enough,read the last sentence(it will contain the summary).I think sometimes(rare cases) they put the summary in the middle.Also,sometimes a paragraph may have quotation marks expressing the speakers thought,that is all you need to read to match it.Another thing i do is;I look at the list of headings and rewrite them with my own words.
for instance,a heading like 'the robots main function'......I replace 'main' with synonyms like primary or key.....i replace 'function' with importance,use or purpose.That way,when i read the first 2 sentences of the passage,the answers are staring at me brightly.
6.For T/F/NG..Most people tend to answer these question based on their knowledge(it is WRONG)If the passage says the capital of Nigeria is Paris,then the capital of Nigeria is Paris.dont infer or deduce.
Passage:Baron pierre de coubertin,the founder of modern olympics aim was to bring together,once every four years,athletes from all countries on the friendly fields of amateur sport.
question:only amateur athletes are allowed to compete in the modern olympics.
answer:NOT GIVEN

Here's another one:John jumped from the 8th floor of UBA house.
question:john died as a result of the fall
Answer:NOT GIVEN(even though we know john would die but it wasnt mentioned in the passage).

Passage: The architectural design of the building is shoe-box shaped.
question :the building has a shoe-shaped design
answer:FALS

Thanks

For the mini-ielts.com

How do we differentiate academic practice texts from general praCtise texts? Are we to practice all?

For Cambridge 1-9 there don't seem to be an audio button for the listening..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kingkhalil: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
Thank you very much. Hope there is no particular order? I arranged thus: ECA Assessment, University Degree, IELTS TRF

Silversurfer1:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Alosezele: 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for your willingness to help God will continue to bless people like you.
I can help with writing just PM me
[quote author=Drahl post=83013388]

The books I used are:
2.Official IELTS practice materials(It's the conventional red book sold by British council but it has two model tests on reading
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Drahl(m): 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
Alosezele:
Thanks for your willingness to help God will continue to bless people like you.
I can help with writing just PM me

I was also helped on this forum.The good people of this forum gave me tips on how to ace listening.God bless you too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hocmeum: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
Congratulations Lady....May Canada favour you. Will be with you shortly

ladymarshall:
My people o, it's Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, as in PPR

Just now. I can't breathe. Oh my God. This feeling is indescribable o. I was sleepless last night and ranting on whatsapp group early this morning o.

God has humbled me. I'll be back with my full script. Let me catch my breathe. I wish I can send voicenote so you can hear my screams and fast breathing.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jovids: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2019
Great! I am happy for you.

justthinking:
Actually you are right. My application got there since May. But anytime i track my application using Nipost website it keeps telling me is still in Lagos, so i went to nipost office in june to report the issue and the man told me that they are having a problem in south Africa, only for me to receive a main from IQAS in September 20 that my application is received, so i assumed that's when Nipost delivered the package. Also regarding my transcript issue. I sent a mail to them and they replied that i have nothing to worry about and should not resend. They said they will use the information in the transcript to match my application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbelieve: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
Snowflake27:

Hi can i be added to the August AOR group

Yes ask on nairaland to be added. I'm not in the group.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
kingkhalil:
Thank you very much. Hope there is no particular order? I arranged thus: ECA Assessment, University Degree, IELTS TRF

Well, you should place the degree first but I don't think it matters. So long as it's there, the VO should see it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zinggi(f): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
[quote author=ladymarshall post=82997659]First, let me say a big thank you for your wishes and prayers since I first announced. I’m so overwhelmed as I type not just because of the happy shock of PPR but also because I never expected the outpouring of love. Thank you. I really appreciate you all.

Congratulations Dear,

You have been so selfless and simply amazing here and in other groups. Most times I wonder how you do it.

Your blessings and rewards have just started....go forth and prosper.
���

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AdetonaDami(m): 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
ladymarshall:
My people o, it's Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, as in PPR

Just now. I can't breathe. Oh my God. This feeling is indescribable o. I was sleepless last night and ranting on whatsapp group early this morning o.

God has humbled me. I'll be back with my full script. Let me catch my breathe. I wish I can send voicenote so you can hear my screams and fast breathing.

Congratulations to the English marshall herself. A selfless being Ive met on this journey. I have been waiting for your ppr because I remembered when you announced ITA if I'm not mistaken. I feel refreshed reading your gist. God is good. We are coming to join you soon #Wemove.
More so ,God bless you for your effort, help and the emotional support youve rendered on this journey.
It might be difficult but not impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dinma27: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
Drahl:

The books I used are:

Disclaimer:There might be better ways to ace the reading module but these are strategies that I have used.

Thank you! God bless. I need to go get the hardcopy, maybe that will help.
The British council office is the one at Ikoyi yeah?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yvonneigwe: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
If they've been paying for up to 6 months, then I don't think you need the cash certificate
babyfaze514:
all protocol duly observed .....
congratulations ladymarshall

I have a quick question

I've gotten a reference letter from my former place of work (i'm using the experience as my primary job Noc) but the issue is I spent three years there .... the first two years I was paid cash ...... it was later all staff had to open a bank account for salary payment ... do I need to get a cash salary payment from the company to support the reference letter and also add the statement of account from when salary started entering the account

thank you in anticipation of a response

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by eghosaadeghe: 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
Big congratulations Lady Marshall. You've indeed been a huge blessing to so many on this thread. May God reward you for your selfless efforts.
ladymarshall:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Drahl(m): 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
Dinma27:

Thank you! God bless. I need to go get the hardcopy, maybe that will help.
The British council office is the one at Ikoyi yeah?

I think you should use the online resources.(Cambridge and mini-ielts).They are very good.if you want,I could send you both BC and MOD practice questions on reading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mobilipia(f): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
[quote author=ladymarshall post=82997659]First, let me say a big thank you for your wishes and prayers since I first announced. I’m so overwhelmed as I type not just because of the happy shock of PPR but also because I never expected the outpouring of love. Thank you. I really appreciate you all.

[/quote
]
Congrats Lady M grin grin
Second, to those post-AOR awaiting PPR, please check your emails even as you read this script. Golden email can come at anytime like play. Only two nights ago I was so depressed at the thought of CIC, I ate only once, had a sleepless night, woke up yesterday expressing my frustration in group chats early morning until 9.05am and from nowhere, golden email came in at 9.06am. There is hope.
]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2019
majjj:
i apologise in advance for the epistle. Semi- Silent reader here!

IT’S PPR PEOPLE!!!!

Congrats to you and your family

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jinnyz: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2019
WOW SO DETAILED, CONGRATS MAY YOUR NEW COUNTRY FAVOUR YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by elohim24: 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2019
Drahl:

I think you should use the online resources.(Cambridge and mini-ielts).They are very good.if you want,I could send you both BC and MOD practice questions on reading.
Can you help me with the practice questions on reading also?

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.