Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,678 members, 7,959,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo (31085 Views)

Past Administrations Who Owe Salaries Should Be Held Responsible Not Me — Otti / Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu / Funeral Service Of Rotimi Akeredolu In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:36am On May 15, 2019
These man has good intention and humble begining, i commend him for marijuana parts but sadly its almost 4 years have quit smoking after doctor warn thats its creating hole in my heart prompting me to pay 48k and ever since i quit all sort of smoke, me that normally spend 5 times in hospital year ,have never been to hospital since 3 years now and funny even everyday cattarh in my life stop permanent for 3 years now

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by lakesguy(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2019
Marijuana at work
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Oricha79(m): 7:38am On May 15, 2019
Great idea
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Nobody: 7:41am On May 15, 2019
legendsilver:

Go give ya family na undecided
i played along one day. He will gv diff outcomes to diff people . If urs enter he go come ask for cut
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Dchair2: 7:42am On May 15, 2019
VCE45:
so, u are telling me that their is no money to buy new ones?
why buy new ones when these could be fixed, moreover the culture of destroying and purchasing new ones encourage recklessness in the use and maintenance of the vehicles, when the drivers or users realize that you don't get a new vehicle when you destroy the current one assigned to you, I think they would be more careful using and maintaining whichever one they have at their disposal. This mentality of if e spoil government go give us new one and abeg make this moto quick finish make I collect another one has to stop! Believe it or not this is what happens in various government organizations

6 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by ishawlar: 7:42am On May 15, 2019
All na propaganda. Good work
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by uuzba(m): 7:44am On May 15, 2019
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by cluewebhost(m): 7:45am On May 15, 2019
At Government rate working on these might cost more than buying afresh
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by unitysheart(m): 7:45am On May 15, 2019
focus7:
Other governors are building repairing roads, building major projects, buying new vehicles but Akeredolu is further proven to the world that he's the worst governor ever produced in Nigeria by repairing workout vehicles and lying to us that Ondo State GDP is rising.

He think this is an Igbo state that drink lies.

So, he should buy new vehicles and waste further fund? Why can't we think and leave useless comments aside for God's sake?

8 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by rasakkenny(m): 7:46am On May 15, 2019
Pls where is insurance in all of these?!....
Were these vehicles not properly insured?
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by asogo1: 7:46am On May 15, 2019
Mickeybook:
Since they introduced marijuana to this man , I noticed his head is getting more balance

You ma u see wetin I see... Get high get balance
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Citizen0(m): 7:48am On May 15, 2019
You are ignorantly confused human, you could have wait, for him to publish his cost of running the government. For you, it would have be better to purchase new ones. What a thought.

focus7:
Other governors are building repairing roads, building major projects, buying new vehicles but Akeredolu is further proven to the world that he's the worst governor ever produced in Nigeria by repairing workout vehicles and lying to us that Ondo State GDP is rising.

He think this is an Igbo state that drink lies.

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by focus7: 7:50am On May 15, 2019
unitysheart:

So, he should buy new vehicles and waste further fund? Why can't we think and leave useless comments aside for God's sake?

You not from Ondo State. Aside from the work Mimiko left Akeredolu has nothing to point at for almost four years in power so it's vehicles repair that is important to Ondo State.

Please before you bring your senseless mention to my post next time think well
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by IamPatriotic(m): 7:52am On May 15, 2019
Akeredolu is a well packaged fraud! before you jump at the news, ask whoever brings it to you the cost of the repairs, then you will know what I'm talking about.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by bhella10: 7:55am On May 15, 2019
I'm a mechanic o. Contact me
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by ch3ckm8: 7:55am On May 15, 2019
naijaguy123456:
But at what cost ?
that's the important question

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by gcof(m): 7:55am On May 15, 2019
naijaguy123456:
But at what cost ?
that is the most important question. At the end of the day, the amount signed off on each of the cars will buy two new ones

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by coretechng1(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2019
You cannot manage the competenceif the mechanics. Best is to sell them off and use the money to buy lesser units that are actually needed.Most of those repairer vehicles wont last 3months.[1quote author=kuntash post=78401303]I would probably do same, if I can manage the competence and expertise of the mechanics

Moreso, its wisdom to revamp the ministry of transport that usually have such departments that handles these things [/quote]
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Globetroter(m): 8:01am On May 15, 2019
[Pls shut up if you dont know what to say or if you are too daft to comprehend what that message is saying. The man took a look at those vehicles and saw that they are not actually dead, but where physically mishandled, then chose to the physically damages on the vehicle. Would you rather he throw the vehicles that would take minimal amount to put back to good use, or to waste the state resources buying brand new vehicles when the ones there are fixable? quote author=focus7 post=78401361]Other governors are building repairing roads, building major projects, buying new vehicles but Akeredolu is further proven to the world that he's the worst governor ever produced in Nigeria by repairing workout vehicles and lying to us that Ondo State GDP is rising.

He think this is an Igbo state that drink lies.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Okuda(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2019
A nation of waste
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Nobody: 8:05am On May 15, 2019
omokiri5:
This is one of the ways government funds are wasted in Nigeria. Most administrations will just come in and buy new ones while the old ones are either abandoned to rot or mysteriously ends up as private property of a top govt official. Kudos to the Governor for thinking differently.

[img]https:///65535/40841117773_be528b3c4f_o_d.jpg[/img]

I recognize your position but a better way is as follows.

In the automotive arena we have what is called TCO, Total Cost of Ownership. This includes the purchase price, any taxes, repairs and maintenance. There’s also another important accounting practice called depreciation.

These heaps should be auctioned off to the public. New ones that would be more efficient, more durable and possibly cheaper should be procured from indigenous companies like IVM, Nissan and KIA.

At the end of the day, these refurbished vehicles will not serve the citizens well as they will cost more to maintain and the inconvenience of frequent breakdowns.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by gbagyiza: 8:06am On May 15, 2019
kuntash:
I would probably do same, if I can manage the competence and expertise of the mechanics

Moreso, its wisdom to revamp the ministry of transport that usually have such departments that handles these things

I am an expert in automobile engineering but from what I saw in the pictures above, d governor needs someone who will give him an honest advice regarding the cars. They just want to milk d governor by advising him to fix those cars. Most of these cars can't work efficiently again after fixing them going by their conditions from the pictures. He will end up regretting this move in the future because what will be spent for regular maintenance of the renovated cars will end up blowing his mind. He should sell the cars to civil servants n plan a monthly deduction from their salary for d period of four years, then source for money to purchase New ones n draw terms n conditions on how the cars will be use for all the department's in the various ministries. Also engage d drivers on a regular car maintenance course to aid maintenance culture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by femi4: 8:07am On May 15, 2019
naijaguy123456:
But at what cost ?
not as costly as buying 300 new buses
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2019
Nice one from aketi
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by omokiri5(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

I recognize your position but a better way is as follows.

In the automotive arena we have what is called TCO, Total Cost of Ownership. This includes the purchase price, any taxes, repairs and maintenance. There’s also another important accounting practice called depreciation.

These heaps should be auctioned off to the public. New ones that would be more efficient, more durable and possibly cheaper should be procured from indigenous companies like IVM, Nissan and KIA.

At the end of the day, these refurbished vehicles will not serve the citizens well as they will cost more to maintain and the inconvenience of frequent breakdowns.
You may be right about the refurbished vehicles not performing well like new ones. But do you realize that the auction you're talking about is the medium by which these government properties ends up in the hands of top govt officials? They won't even announce it but do some shady paperwork underground and everything is over. That's just a coded form of corruption. I read somewhere that Okorocha is trying to take over Imo government scraps by similar means.
I still maintain that maintenance culture should be promoted as it saves cost and reduces waste of public funds.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2019
gbagyiza:

I am an expert in automobile engineering but from what I saw in the pictures above, d governor needs someone who will give him an honest advice regarding the cars. They just want to milk d governor by advising him to fix those cars. Most of these cars can't work efficiently again after fixing them going by their conditions from the pictures. He will end up regretting this move in the future because what will be spent for regular maintenance of the renovated cars will end up blowing his mind. He should sell the cars to civil servants n plan a monthly deduction from their salary for d period of four years, then source for money to purchase New ones n draw terms n conditions on how the cars will be use for all the department's in the various ministries. Also engage d drivers on a regular car maintenance course to aid maintenance culture.
if it's in US, automobile companies will rise from this automobile repairing .Infact more jobs will be created here. Nice one from Aketi.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by unitysheart(m): 8:19am On May 15, 2019
focus7:

You not from Ondo State. Aside from the work Mimiko left Akeredolu has nothing to point at for almost four years in power so it's vehicles repair that is important to Ondo State.

Please before you bring your senseless mention to my post next time think well

And you don't appreciate that on a normal day he will still buy new vehicles for officials and parastatals. Instead, he chose to repair. See, I don't like that man, but on this, I applaud him. Or you think I don't know him personally or I don't come to the state?

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by dokyOloye: 8:25am On May 15, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
These man has good intention and humble begining, i commend him for marijuana parts but sadly its almost 4 years have quit smoking after doctor warn thats its creating hole in my heart prompting me to pay 48k and ever since i quit all sort of smoke, me that normally spend 5 times in hospital year ,have never been to hospital since 3 years now and funny even everyday cattarh in my life stop permanent for 3 years now
true true?
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Champneys: 8:27am On May 15, 2019
This is commendable.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo by Christafarian(m): 8:28am On May 15, 2019
My State.

My Prayer daily is for thee.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano / Osun Guber : APC Shares N500 To Market Women, Okada Riders And Artisans (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.