Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry (4835 Views)

Between Lexus ES330 03-06 And Camry 08-10 / Between Matrix And Camry Sports 2008 / The Real People Who Were Used As Car Crash Test Dummies In 1970s Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by Egelife(m): 8:08pm On May 15, 2019
I have been pondering on this accident, how come this toyota venza happens to damage this stationed Toyota camry to this degree without having major issues, just a minor scratch. Is their a scientific backing for this or do I simply believe that venza is much more physically stronger than camry

Last week Saturday I got a call from a friend who wasn't in town asking me to rush to an accident scene, it happened that the wife called him that she had just hit a car with his venza and area boys have started roaming about. After been told nobody sustained injury he was so mad ranting on the phone why the venza, why not any of his smaller cars.

I rushed over to the scene where many angry people have surrounded. I came from the opposite direction with the parked venza and while driving closer and having a view of it, I said to myself ,oh it’s a minor thing . Low and behold, when I got out of my car I was so wrong because the damages I saw on the other cars was so unbelievable. At first I was in denial the venza I saw did such destructible damage and still looked this good.

The Venza hit the Camry which in turn hit the Peugeot 406 in its front. The bumper and the hood of the Peugeot was slightly squeezed while the camry’s two bumpers, trunk, tail lights and chassis were damaged.

Take a view of the two cars at the exact spot of the accident

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by overdrive(m): 8:17pm On May 15, 2019
haba nothing do the venza na.abi na another venza u dey talk about,

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by epistleNow(m): 8:23pm On May 15, 2019
Its most likely that the red car (a camry, I think) is one of those badly totalled accidented cars with serious structural damage that was repackaged.

A little impact and it will give way.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by Egelife(m): 8:29pm On May 15, 2019
overdrive:
haba nothing do the venza na.abi na another venza u dey talk about,
i dey tell o, the thing tire me. nah that venza wey u dey see there
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by diportivo: 8:45pm On May 15, 2019
epistleNow:
Its most likely that the red car (a camry, I think) is one of those badly totalled accidented cars with serious structural damage that was repackaged.

flesh and blood did not reveal this to u bros grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by seanfer(m): 4:32am On May 16, 2019
That particular Camry was already a walking corpse putting on the best attire. If you know you know.

9 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by mejai(m): 7:30am On May 16, 2019
diportivo:

flesh and blood did not reveal this to u bros grin
the guy na spirit...
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by CityNGR: 7:38am On May 16, 2019
epistleNow:

That's how I believe all Camry's are..

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2019
Front end of car has the most weight vs backend of another car with, perhaps, a shitty plastic Chinese bumper.

No surprises.
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Front end of car has the most weight vs backend of another car with, perhaps, a shitty plastic Chinese bumper.

No surprises.
not logical in this case.
I've had a 2000 honda accord rear end my c230k with full force.his front was totalled while I only sustained minor scratches on the rear number.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2019
Logobenz:
not logical in this case.
I've had a 2000 honda accord rear end my c230k with full force.his front was totalled while I only sustained minor scratches on the rear number.

>shitty plastic Chinese bumper.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by qwertygeni: 12:47pm On May 16, 2019
This is about physics. The force of the venza = it's mass (kg) x acceleration (m/s) is so greater than the force of the Camry considering it's mass and acceleration = zero because of the state of rest. The energy from the venza therefore at the point of collision will be converted to some force which was seen to damage the Camry.

A similar reverse scenario can be created with relative damage if the venza is at rest and the Camry is at the right acceleration since it's mass can't be altered but acceleration can be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2019
qwertygeni:
This is about physics. The force of the venza = it's mass (kg) x acceleration (m/s) is so greater than the force of the Camry considering it's mass and acceleration = zero because of the state of rest. The energy from the venza therefore at the point of collision will be converted to some force which was seen to damage the Camry.

A similar reverse scenario can be created with relative damage if the venza is at rest and the Camry is at the right acceleration since it's mass can't be altered but acceleration can be.

Newton's third law invalidates all you've said. There is always an equal, opposite reaction.

6 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by tillaman(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2019
The Camry is prolly one of those badly dented vehicle that was beaten to shape but any little impact then the owner would have to tow it to the panel beater’s workshop where it will be re-beaten! Funny thing is the Owner prolly paid a reasonable sum for that car ignorantly! These car dealers ehh

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 16, 2019
qwertygeni:

logical,but still does not explain the level of damage.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Newton's third law invalidates all you've said. There is always an equal, opposite reaction.
meaning What?
That both cars should sustain equal damage levels despite mass and build differences?
The physics I have seen here so far is correct but is out of context in this case.
Yes the venza weighs more and would impact a great deal of force on the motionless Camry.
Yes the motionless Camry will exert an equal but opposite force(reaction).
But why isn't anyone talking of build material and structural integrity?
They both took equal forces no doubt,but resisted the forces differently hence one got damaged more than the other.
Structural integrity;
Which has gone through more wear,built like a tank more?
Perhaps the Camry has rusted a great deal or even accidented,therefore have welds at the oddest places in its skeleton,hence will collapse like a house of cards when subjected to impact.
I hope I helped

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by dokyOloye: 12:59pm On May 16, 2019
qwertygeni:

Correct man

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 16, 2019
dokyOloye:

Correct man
good physics,wrong scenario.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:19pm On May 16, 2019
Logobenz:
meaning What?
That both cars should sustain equal damage levels despite mass and build differences?
The physics I have seen here so far is correct but is out of context in this case.
Yes the venza weighs more and would impact a great deal of force on the motionless Camry.
Yes the motionless Camry will exert an equal but opposite force(reaction).
But why isn't anyone talking of build material and structural integrity?
They both took equal forces no doubt,but resisted the forces differently hence one got damaged more than the other.
Structural integrity;
Which has gone through more wear,built like a tank more?
Perhaps the Camry has rusted a great deal or even accidented,therefore have welds at the oddest places in its skeleton,hence will collapse like a house of cards when subjected to impact.
I hope I helped

Umm, didn't you see my comments about the Camry having, possibly, a cheap, Chinese rear bumper?
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Umm, didn't you see my comments about the Camry having, possibly, a cheap, Chinese rear bumper?
yeah but check the picture again,you will find out the bumper didn't sustain any major tear.
But look at the body close to the rear,see how mangled it is?meaning the bumper just came off from where it attaches to the body.
Also look at the exhaust as it fell to the ground.tells me that where it attaches to the body has undergone a great deal of rust.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2019
I'd have loved to see the Peugeot!

that Camry was badly refurbished! shikena.

who knows the amount of rust packing underneath that sweet Red?

5 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by nurey(m): 10:59pm On May 16, 2019
The Venza is an accidented car, during its fixing a lot of filler was used in the front area this made the front extremely extra strong, that bonnet Should hit a human at 15km you did get a broken bone.

The Camry isn't fitted with plastic Chinese parts but the original part, the Camry rear was built to absorb force (crumble zone) to avoid injury to cabin area.

The Camry wasn't parked but at a stop the venza came at it with brake depressed so it actually hit the Camry like a bull would hit its target, the Camry is a short wheel base of the Venza so the rear has no definite protective chassis which could have dealt a blow to the venza.

The collision that happened is called inelastic collision but in this scenario the Venza transferred energy to the camry while the camry acted as a cushion because at the initial collision, the driver let go of the brake which could have been an external force dealt back to the Venza.

why the Venza sustained no damage to the bumper also is due to its design, the bumpers are held by retractable plastic clips.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by oluwaseunla(m): 4:41am On May 17, 2019
If that Venza has no comprehensive insurance, well...
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by sholarb(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2019
Transfer of energy/collision force. When a moving car collides with a stationary car of similar mass/weight, the stationary car encounters the greater collision force transfered from the moving car.
Key words: mass/weight, moving/speed.

In this case all odds were against the camry because the venza was moving (more speed) and again has more mass/weight, thus more collision force/damage is transfered from the venza to the camry.

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by qwertygeni: 11:19pm On May 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Kindly note that my explanation is Newton 2nd law, so you need to understand that the 3rd law isn't about momentum that was explained in my analysis.

Let me assist you to understand the scenario better; why does a small bullet with high velocity cause a significant damage ( penetrate) a thick piece of wood at rest? Simply put, the bullet has higher momentum because of its velocity and therefore causing considerable impact upon colliding with the wood.

Another factor ( 2°) to consider is the shape of the bumper of the venza - somewhat convex (just like a bullet tip [ ) ] while the receiving bumper of the Camry is concave, giving room for impact to be more pronounced as a result of its larger surface area upon collision. Worthy of note also as other 2° factor is the quality of materials used in their plastic bumpers and their attachments ( elastic properties),
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by Goors1n: 8:21am On May 04, 2020
In order to solve any problem related to your car, I can confidently recommend Convenient, Quality Repair Service you will definitely be satisfied because it has the highest quality staff. 1 week ago I had an accident and with the help of this repair center, I managed to bring my car in very good condition and quickly. Also, they have Better access to rental and loan vehicles. They have agreements with local rental car providers to extend their fleet to our location with added support staff. Assures all your vehicles safety systems and autonomous driving features are re-calibrated to factory specifications.
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by AshipaEk0: 9:01am On May 04, 2020
qwertygeni:

Kindly note that my explanation is Newton 2nd law, so you need to understand that the 3rd law isn't about momentum that was explained in my analysis.

Let me assist you to understand the scenario better; why does a small bullet with high velocity cause a significant damage ( penetrate) a thick piece of wood at rest? Simply put, the bullet has higher momentum because of its velocity and therefore causing considerable impact upon colliding with the wood.

Another factor ( 2°) to consider is the shape of the bumper of the venza - somewhat convex (just like a bullet tip [ ) ] while the receiving bumper of the Camry is concave, giving room for impact to be more pronounced as a result of its larger surface area upon collision. Worthy of note also as other 2° factor is the quality of materials used in their plastic bumpers and their attachments ( elastic properties),

But the bullet sef dey deform na

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by idtwo: 4:01pm On May 04, 2020
There is oil on your head oga Nurey! Very plausible explanation. I completely agree with your explanation of crumpled zone.
That Camry and virtually all modern cars are built now with crumpled zone; areas that will absorb impact in an accident and get destroyed easily to prevent transmitting the impact or force to the occupants of the car or other vital areas. That way, the likelihood of human fatality is reduced. So u have a car that seems badly damaged but repairable as opposed to a car with little damage but dead occupants.
The concept of crumpled zone explains this accident correctly.

nurey:
The Venza is an accidented car, during its fixing a lot of filler was used in the front area this made the front extremely extra strong, that bonnet Should hit a human at 15km you did get a broken bone.

The Camry isn't fitted with plastic Chinese parts but the original part, the Camry rear was built to absorb force (crumble zone) to avoid injury to cabin area.

The Camry wasn't parked but at a stop the venza came at it with brake depressed so it actually hit the Camry like a bull would hit its target, the Camry is a short wheel base of the Venza so the rear has no definite protective chassis which could have dealt a blow to the venza.

The collision that happened is called inelastic collision but in this scenario the Venza transferred energy to the camry while the camry acted as a cushion because at the initial collision, the driver let go of the brake which could have been an external force dealt back to the Venza.

why the Venza sustained no damage to the bumper also is due to its design, the bumpers are held by retractable plastic clips.
Re: Unbelievable Car Crash, Venza And Camry by JavieCoentr: 9:48pm On May 06, 2020
Goors1n:
In order to solve any problem related to your car, I can confidently recommend Convenient Quality Repair Service you will definitely be satisfied because it has the highest quality staff. 1 week ago I had an accident and with the help of this repair center, I managed to bring my car in very good condition and quickly. Also, they have Better access to rental and loan vehicles. They have agreements with local rental car providers to extend their fleet to our location with added support staff. Assures all your vehicles safety systems and autonomous driving features are re-calibrated to factory specifications.
Are they so good? Where are they? I might be interested to give them a few questions.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Toyota Camry 2007 / A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) / Mr Olodo In A New Buggati pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.