Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS (4213 Views)

Can One Graduate With First Class After Failing A Course? / Katsina Graduate Sets All His Certificates On Fire After Failing To Get A Job / Sad: Young Girl Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper After Failing Jamb, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS by LawrenceOnline: 12:25pm On May 16, 2019
I wrote jamb 5 times, I mates had graduated before I got admission.

I am well and okay now, graduated too... it wasn't easy , but I didn't have to die.

1 Like

Re: Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS by Tarytaomon: 12:30pm On May 16, 2019
This is so sad. Maybe this guy has failed before and was seriously threatened by the parents.
Parents should learn to enjoy their children.
Re: Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS by ikemesit4477: 12:47pm On May 16, 2019
I think is high time the Federal government should ban sniper! Because that is the only thing people can lay their hands on! under depression!
Re: Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS by MisterBash(m): 1:48pm On May 16, 2019

Re: Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 16, 2019
Suicide has not really been a common thing among native Africans in the last decade.

Factors such as communal living, religious beliefs and sense of belief that we are developing countries(tomorrow go better) mindset has always keep an average African going..

Unfortunately, all that has eroded has eroded now with the advent of Internet, social Media etc where it is very easy to compare lives and see oneself as an unfortunate being..

Of course, all that glitters is not gold but Instagram pictures, Facebook and Whatsap updates will not tell us this.

In the past, when failure knocks, you just have to brace yourself and face the situation until you conquer. That is not the case nowadays, people want to die to avoid failure or pain..

I will say that is an abnormal response to unfortunate happening. There are people going through something worse than you are. But you will never know how they are able to surmount

Thomas Edison failed about 60 times before he could invemt the Argon bulb that serve as a precursor of the light bulb that the world enjoy now...

Imagine if he committed suicide at first trial(because of his failure despite his plethora of knowledge!!!), do you think we will enjoy this discovery of light bulb

When you die, your potential die with you and that constitute problem for your grieving families and your nation..

When trouble comes it is not a time to quit, just brace yourself, allow family members to encourage you, apply more faith in your God and most importantly seek professional mental health therapist for help...

End Suicide ...
Re: Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS by Jman06(m): 5:15pm On May 16, 2019
LadyEsther:
When some of us write posts encouraging one another to hold on, in this struggles of life, a certain group of people believes that those who write motivational posts are jobless people who are not ready to work but choose to encourage themselves with motivational posts.

It's so sad to see that some people commit suicide thinking it's the solution to their problems.
Let me tell you what those that kill themselves believe in before carrying out the act. They believe that when they kill themselves, then they don't have to suffer any longer. But is that truly the case?
People are going through tough times. There's no money, no job, not even true love. When someone works so hard to succeed and things are not working for him, he's not expected to be happy. This sadness if not handled can be dangerous; the victims begin to consider suicide as an option. You can never understand the pains of this set of individuals until you find yourself in their shoes.
So, try as much as you can not to judge the victims of this act, especially when you have never done anything to help a friend in need.

Suicide is not an option. It will never be. When one begins to consider suicide and the Spirit of God is not there to caution him (that is if he listens), neither is there anybody to talk to him, it may be too late.

Surrender to God and allow him to guide you. He will never lead you into killing yourself.
Hold on to whatever it is you believe in. But please, don't allow suicide thoughts to win.

Learn to talk to people.
Before now, I have always been a person of my own. I don't tell people my problems because of the fear of being insulted. Even up till now, you will never understand my battles until I tell you. Recently, I have discovered the importance of talking to someone about my battles. This is it. People that you talk to may not be able to help you with the materials you need at that time, but they can always talk to you. They can always encourage you. Sometimes, we discover that the battles we think we are facing is nothing to be compared with that of others. I can't remember the number of times I shared my worst fears with someone, but at the end of the day, I am the one that summarizes the discussion with motivational speech because then I realized that the person needed it more than me. Talk to someone.

Don't lock up yourself indoors while you bath yourself with hot tears. Come out and have a view. I'm sure that you will see/hear something to be grateful for.
There's always something to be grateful for but the evil one will not let you see it.

Understand that without challenges, then life is incomplete. Embrace the challenges and use it for your good.

Allow yourself to be loved. Don't be the one giving out love to a particular person all the time, and when it's not reciprocated, you start considering suicide. Allow someone to love you.

Help one another. The person you refused to help even when you can, may be the next suicide victim. Help someone overcome their battles.

Check up on your loved ones once in a while; they may be going through hell and they only need your little care to be fine. You may not be able to forgive yourself when you hear they are gone and you couldn't do anything for them.

Stay strong. Stay happy. Stay blessed.

✍Chinenye Omogo-Igwe

#Nwa_Omogo-Igwe
#SuicideIsNotAnOption
Never mind those fools who claim that those writing motivational posts are jobless.

One thing I have observed about Nigerians is that those who readily call others lazy or jobless are usually the lazy ones who perhaps got favoured in one way or the other and they now feel that every other person is lazy and jobless. Even politicians and their children who loot our Commonwealth dry would still call other Nigerians lazy--talk about insult upon injury.

1 Like

Re: Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS by Olorunnim: 6:15pm On May 16, 2019
Nigerians that cannot gather to protest are suddenly suicidal! this is definitely the height of it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mapoly Post Utme And Registration / If You Attended A Nigerian Secondary School, You Will Understand This Pictures. / Download Lasted Kmspico 10.2.0 Which Is Updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.