Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Sad: Young Girl Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper After Failing Jamb, - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sad: Young Girl Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper After Failing Jamb, (722 Views)

FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) / Katsina Graduate Sets All His Certificates On Fire After Failing To Get A Job / Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad: Young Girl Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper After Failing Jamb, by optomedic: 7:53am On Mar 18, 2020
Very sad. I saw this story this morning in one of the popular news site and I was touch. Please to all jambites out there. Failing jamb is not the end of the road, it is not the end of world, it is not the end of you it is not the end of your career. Please suicide is not an option. Many years ago I was in this pit many times I wrote jamb I failed my first 3 trials I couldn't get up to 180 but the fourth time I passed very well and that gave me admission into the medical field and today am doing very well. What is the difference? I simply refuse to refuse to give in to my failures, I refuse to give up on myself knowing that my best years was ahead of me. So please don't kill yourself because of one exam that cannot even define your tomorrow, your define your future your are the first mentor of your destiny not jamb.

A prospective university student simply identified as Zainab has committed suicide in the Northern part of the country because she flunked her Jamb exam.

Zainab, who was said to be displeased and embittered with the low score she garnered in the ongoing United Tertiary Matriculation Examination took a bottle of sniper and ended her life.

Recall that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) yesterday, released the result of 312,157 candidates that sat for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) last Saturday.

Zainab, an ambitious young girl was among the first batch who took part in the computer-based exam. She however, felt disoriented after seeing her Jamb result thus leading her to commit the dastardly act.

This reporter gathered that Zainab's sister was the person who shared the shocking WhatsApp's text Zainab sent to her online before committing suicide.

According to sources, Zainab reportedly was asked to send food to her pregnant aunt in the hospital when she learnt of the release of the Jamb's result. She immediately checked hers her phone and felt despondent subsequently, not just because that was the second time she was failing Jamb but because she really worked hard for the exam.

Unfortunately, before anyone anyone could reach her, Zainab had already taken sniper and given up the ghost. Zainab was a talented aspiring footballer who could have become the next biggest star in the world of soccer but she was too lily-livered to bite the bullet of failure

Her family is reportedly broke by her impulsive decision and is yet to release a public statement as regards to that.
For prospective university student out there: Please, suicide should not be an option. Do not end your life because of exam failure. Your life is worthy much more than that. You can definitely scale through the exam tomorrow. Just be plucky and pertinacious. There is much more to life than flunking an exam. Just know your worth.

To parents out there: Please, I beg you in the name of whatever you deify, please, let these kids be. Stop putting them through unnecessary pressure. Stop the comparisons and hurling of invectives. Just encourage them. Every child is special. I know you want the best for them but please remember they are young, naive and impressionable. Do not compel them to study courses they detest. Allow them choose those they have absolute advantage over others. Allow them breathe. Stop choking them. They will still make you proud. It is just a process.

Zainab, may your soul rest in peace, Amen!

Re: Sad: Young Girl Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper After Failing Jamb, by NextD18: 7:55am On Mar 18, 2020
cheesy
Re: Sad: Young Girl Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper After Failing Jamb, by Totilopussylick(m): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2020
Rip
Re: Sad: Young Girl Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper After Failing Jamb, by TheTourist: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2020
Suicide is not the option.

(1) (Reply)

Application For 2021/2022 Petroleum Technology Development Fu (PTDF) Scholarship / 'High-Tech' Malpractice: How Student Hid Earphones And Phone For Exam (Video) / How To Mitigate Static Electric Shock In This Harmattan Dry Weather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.