Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

What To Know About Labour Pain, By Expert - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Know About Labour Pain, By Expert (183 Views)

Lady Who Pays 1.6m For Surgery Left In Severe Pain By Dr Anu (video) / Protest As Pregnant Woman In Labour Dies At Ogun Police Checkpoint Over Facemask / Bauchi Pregnant Woman Slices Her Stomach Due To Labour Pains (graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Know About Labour Pain, By Expert by shehuolayinka(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2019
A UK-based Nigerian Medical Doctor, Harvey Olufunmilayo has disclosed that there are injections and other options available to ease the pain of women going through labour.

Dr Olufunmilayo made this known on Tuesday in a tweet on his verified and official twitter account.

See his tweets below…

Talking of Labour Pain, it’s no child-play at all. Whatever you think it is, it’s infinitely worse than your worst thoughts. I once read a lady say it’s like someone slamming a car door on your little finger for 8hours. Once you are in labour, make sure you ask for pain relief.

These are examples of what some women had to say: “The pain was all-encompassing” “At first I didn’t know I was in labor. It hurt, but it was bearable” “I felt like I was being run over by a train” “I begged my husband to throw me out of the car on the way to the hospital”

Apparently the description of the pain varies for women- especially for experienced mothers. But for first timers and even some second timers, it’s usually an unbelievably painful experience. One woman even said “it was like somebody put a burning candle inside my vagina”

So what’s the aim of all these? It’s to let you know far ahead that doctors have many options available to make the whole labour process absolutely bearable and pain free. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUFFER. All you need to do is ask and discuss these things with your midwife or doctor.

Many women are not aware there are injections and options that are available to them when going through labour. It’s called “Pain Management Options in Labour”. You must make sure that you discuss this particular topic with your doctor. Especially if you are a first time mother.

So let’s talk about Pain Management Options in Labour today. Shall we? Now if you are a woman who already has a child and planning to have more, if you have never had a child but planning to have one, if you are a man whose sister or wife is pregnant- Please pay attention here.

Read more: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/05/15/what-to-know-about-labour-pain-by-expert/

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Know About Breast Cancer / Cleanse And Support Your Body System With Bounty Herbal / Nutri-care Tablet A Natural Remedy Against Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.