Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest (24911 Views)

EFCC Releases Official Statement About Naira Marley / Alizee’s Management Releases Official Statement On Her Murder / Mr 2kay's Management Releases Official Statement About The Eko Hotel Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Witlee(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2019
xtrim1:

It means you will explain yourself to NDLEA same way the other guy is explaining to EFCC. It's just a chat anyway.
If you talk publicly about bomb planting, jokingly or not, you will chat with the FBI.

I stand to be corrected
Yes you will chat with the FBI no qualms there
But not in their custody for over a week, don't you people get it right?
I'm not saying crime is good but EFCC is violating his rights as a citizen haba
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 16, 2019
1. You can get arrested over public statements, people have been sent to jail for as little as a facebook comment, even in developed countries.

2. "he borrowed the laptop" how does that sound. If he borrowed it, why is he not telling efcc the real owner. Even if he does, he'd still get prosecuted for aiding crime by not reporting to the authorities.

3. "he doesn't believe he's above the law", but this same boy got arrested and was throwing that "you can't do anything" pose.

4. This letter is contradictory. In one paragraph you said efcc is abusing power by arresting him over his song. Then in another paragraph you're admitting that there are evidences against him, even though it's not his. So how come Zlatan and co were released but he's still being held despite the team of SAN on the case.

One lesson I always hold dear in life. My mother said "when you're eating don't talk". All these would have been avoided if he had either kept his mouth shut or was clean in his tracks. The boy has a "nothing dey happen" attitude.

Lastly the good book says and I quote "don't envy the evildoers for their end is near".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by StevenOba: 1:58pm On May 16, 2019
Really he borrowed a laptop to upload his music... really that's his defence? Then I wish him good luck. Are you a yahoo boy? Me know you are. As street smart as he is he isn't smart to know a loose mouth sinks ship. He is very stupid to think he can justify fraud no matter how the government has failed us. Fraud can never be justified EEFC charge him to court fast if he is found guilty then lock his ass up pronto!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by gbefun40(m): 1:58pm On May 16, 2019
Everyone seems to focus on someone else's issue while neglecting theirs.
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by ChijyWills(m): 1:59pm On May 16, 2019
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by F3dan: 2:01pm On May 16, 2019
kallmemrB:
but seriously does the song warrant an Arrest
He was not arrested solely for the song, they allegedly found some sensitive, incriminating evidence on him (according to the write-up) in which his management claims (from the write-up) were borrowed items or devices.
He ought to have been released along with others if were to be for the song alone.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by aremz(m): 2:01pm On May 16, 2019
vizkiz:

Misuse of power?

Are you sure you are educated?
of course he isn't educated someone who can't use I'm and am correctly
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 16, 2019
Trying to save what’s left of him. Getting him an endorsement in future will be difficult now.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by thatNUPEboy: 2:03pm On May 16, 2019
thesicilian:
EFCC has managed to make this guy unnecessarily popular. At the end of the day they will still not be able to get a conviction.
Do you even know what popularity means? There is a difference between popularity and notoriety, guy!
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Mannie92(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol this your mentality is the reason u were denied visa

Always looking for who to blame for your failure ,yahoo is a crime i accept but its not the reason o
Nigeria have bad name ...are we even in the top 15 list of cyber crime .....u think we have more yahoo boys then USA .....

My issue is EFCC is making a mess out of this case n it won't stand ...u arrest someone then start investigation ...lol thats crazy ...he is a british citizen so wont accept the plea bagan the rest accepted thats why he is still there

And if u foolishly think Efcc is fight yahoo boys cos of are image then im sorry for you

My crook or hook every country needs foreigne revenue ...and from the economics point of view yahoo has no disadvantage unique to it for nigerians

We are no1 on the list of cyber crime Mr!
Stop giving false information
STFU undecided

Here's a source
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wonderslist.com/countries-highest-number-scammers/amp/

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by thatNUPEboy: 2:05pm On May 16, 2019
Witlee:

I stand to be corrected
Yes you will chat with the FBI no qualms there
But not in their custody for over a week, don't you people get it right?
I'm not saying crime is good but EFCC is violating his rights as a citizen haba
What stupid rights? undecided undecided
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Koolking(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2019
thesicilian:
EFCC has managed to make this guy unnecessarily popular. At the end of the day they will still not be able to get a conviction.

'Unnecessarily notoriety' is the right phrase. Nobody is favourably popular on negative and damning publicity. Methinks, EFCC has a strong case against this guy, whereas he would have been released like others arrested with him. Aside, some influential artists would have influenced his release.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Stillthebest: 2:08pm On May 16, 2019
vizkiz:

Misuse of power?

Are you sure you are educated?

Not sure. Abuse of power when they found culpable evidences on items supposedly borrowed(according to his team). Their write ups even gave him up again. The management said he has turned his back at crime and focuses on music. This statement simply means that he was once a fraudster which is doubtful.

I pity him tho. He shouldn't be there till now. If they had found anything, le them charge him to court. I believe they are using him as a scape goat and sending a message
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 16, 2019
pek:
Funny how you read a piece you know where the writer is from. Op, it is has not as.
Oya judge your self, is your own grammar correct? Stupid and tribal bigot...
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by AgreatMan: 2:14pm On May 16, 2019
GadgetHunter:
POPULAR? no his image has been damaged, watch him being denied visas for his int’l shows, you think it’s easy to be prosecuted by the EFCC and when you come out you’ll find it easy to get things done solo without having one godfather someone where wey get mouth well well.

That guy is not using the same stupid green passport that u n I are using. He can visit most countries worldwide without a Visa
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Witlee(m): 2:19pm On May 16, 2019
thatNUPEboy:
What stupid rights? undecided undecided
Huh shocked
Oh sorry I forgot you are a Nigerian
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by oluwaahmed: 2:22pm On May 16, 2019
Naira Marley down burna boy next! Burna if u like dey smoke Igbo for your car or for streets ur own go worse pas mumu Marley. Instead of you to use your voice against evil like davido u were showing your lean self, now thunder don fire you. Nigerian musicians continue singing and praising corrupt politicians KARMA is just around the corner
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 16, 2019
frankmoney:
your last paragraph just shows you are quite dumb no offense. How can you say fraud has no disadvantage that's unique to Nigerians ? Dude we are blacklisted by PayPal you can't receive money through them, several other online payment platforms have strict regulations on us . Doing business online is equally a problem , sites like Amazon don't accept Nigerians on some of thier platforms . It's very hard to convince a foreign client to do business with you once you mention Nigeria . And you are here saying it has no negative effect
This is what I suffer right now, i created account on amazon kindle to sell my stories online but amazon kindle can't pay to Nigeria, I'll have to look for foreign bank account before my account can be fully activated
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by AgreatMan: 2:27pm On May 16, 2019
vizkiz:

I'm not referring to the formulation of words but the fact that you mentioned a criminal organization misusing power while apprehending and investigating a criminal.

It's not like they are having any forceful interrogation with naira merely in a cell without windows. So what exactly is the misuse of power here?

You sounded like an uneducated internet criminal.

Stop screaming at the guy just to prove whatever point. By law, u cannot detain anyone for more than 48hours without charging him to court or granting him bail.

Any yes, it is the "Yahoo boy" today but it could be u or someone close to u tomorrow.
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Elobless: 2:32pm On May 16, 2019
He should defend himself well
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by tolustwart: 2:34pm On May 16, 2019
Freedom of speech is limited, whatever you say can be used against you.. this is an example. Be mindful of what you say.
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by oluwamaich(m): 2:36pm On May 16, 2019
And it if be say na 5 people put head together write this shit too

Chai... I sorry for you, i sorrry for you my brother look(in AG voice)
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by vandertommy: 2:36pm On May 16, 2019
vizkiz:

I'm not referring to the formulation of words but the fact that you mentioned a criminal organization misusing power while apprehending and investigating a criminal.

It's not like they are having any forceful interrogation with naira merely in a cell without windows. So what exactly is the misuse of power here?

lol, forgive him for he does not know what he is saying
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by princeade86(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2019
kallmemrB:
sorry bro... Am not a yahoo Boy.. Crime has no gain but sometimes we need to respect freedom of speech... My reference was to EFCC on abuse of power... So u mean everyone that sang a song abt yahoo should be arrested...

When we don't defend our freedom of little things like this then why do we fight then.... Tomorrow it may be a case against something damaging
this is not about the issue sir. The issue is, they found incriminating things on his laptop. At least they released zlatan and jago when they don't have anything that will incriminate them on their laptop.
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 16, 2019
xtrim1:

It means you will explain yourself to NDLEA same way the other guy is explaining to EFCC. It's just a chat anyway.
If you talk publicly about bomb planting, jokingly or not, you will chat with the FBI.
that's a different case na...vut seriously what warranted the arrest in the first instance....
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 16, 2019
AgreatMan:

Stop screaming at the guy just to prove whatever point. By law, u cannot detain anyone for more than 48hours without charging him to court or granting him bail.

Any yes, it is the "Yahoo boy" today but it could be u or someone close to u tomorrow.
don't mind the guy... When his family get accused wrongly... He come on NL and start lamenting

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by gidimafia: 3:13pm On May 16, 2019
If anyone is not educated here it is you..only a judge can tag someone(suspect ) a criminal nd u just sit down behind keyboard calling a suspect criminal when he not even being tried..shaii so much for educated fellow..over to u
vizkiz:

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 16, 2019
AgreatMan:

That guy is not using the same stupid green passport that u n I are using. He can visit most countries worldwide without a Visa

okay sir
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by naijajobx: 3:28pm On May 16, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by zamanii: 5:35pm On May 16, 2019
AgreatMan:

You have not said anything new. His management team who released the statement know this, why have they not gone to court to enforce his fundamental human rights?

And no it cannot be "you" tomorrow because EFCC will not invite anyone for questioning on unfounded basis. Statements like naira Marley has turned from his old ways and the laptop belongs to someone else only point to one fact; there are damning evidence against him. So, yes he is a yahoo boy and not a "yahoo boy"

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by AgreatMan: 6:10pm On May 16, 2019
zamanii:

You have not said anything new. His management team who released the statement know this, why have they not gone to court to enforce his fundamental human rights?

And no it cannot be "you" tomorrow because EFCC will not invite anyone for questioning on unfounded basis. Statements like naira Marley has turned from his old ways and the laptop belongs to someone else only point to one fact; there are damning evidence against him. So, yes he is a yahoo boy and not a "yahoo boy"

1. My aim was not to say anything new, just a reminder of what d law says.
2. He was arrested in the house, not invited, and yes, d same can happen to anyone including you.
3. He is still a "Yahoo boy." No matter what u think about him, he needs to first be SUCCESSFULLY convicted. Very innocent until proven guilty.

And yes, my comments regarding this guy makes me appears pro-yahoo. But look at Nigeria as a whole, who can u really say it worthy to emulate?
Consider Yahoo boys, politicians, polices-EFCC-SARS, jet flying pastors. 3 of those people have stolen n extorted directly from us, only one hasn't but today, we now focus on d irrelevant while leaving out d real criminals. So no, I am not buying these cosmetic parade of d efcc. It's my opinion anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2Face Idibia On His Marriage: "Una No Fit Make Me Crase" / Gandoki Reacts To Tonto Dikeh's Marriage Crisis And Instagram Stunts! / Moyo Lawal Gorgeous In Native Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.