Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest (24910 Views)

EFCC Releases Official Statement About Naira Marley / Alizee’s Management Releases Official Statement On Her Murder / Mr 2kay's Management Releases Official Statement About The Eko Hotel Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Tsam96(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol this your mentality is the reason u were denied visa

Always looking for who to blame for your failure ,yahoo is a crime i accept but its not the reason o
Nigeria have bad name ...are we even in the top 15 list of cyber crime .....u think we have more yahoo boys then USA .....

My issue is EFCC is making a mess out of this case n it won't stand ...u arrest someone then start investigation ...lol thats crazy ...he is a british citizen so wont accept the plea bagan the rest accepted thats why he is still there

And if u foolishly think Efcc is fight yahoo boys cos of are image then im sorry for you

My crook or hook every country needs foreigne revenue ...and from the economics point of view yahoo has no disadvantage unique to it for nigerians

So I didn't want to talk on this thread before but seeing this comment got me riled up. It's obvious u have no idea how much damage has been done to Nigeria's reputation abroad as a result of online fraud.
just so you know episodes of popular shows in the US like the Simpsons, Family Guy S14E12 and so on has referenced cyber crime in Nigeria over and over. Ever heard of the (Nigerian Prince scam)

And as for why Nigeria is not on the Top 15 of cyber crime index. Technically, Yahoo is a low tech cyber crime.. issues like phishing, and identity theft will be used to rank cyber crime index not money scams...but do we even have to compete on such an index? Why should the fact that we are not top fifteen on Cyber crime index be a motivation for us to commit crime.

And what exactly do you mean by foreign revenue (that's the most annoying part of ur entire statement). All these fake-ass Robin Hood mentality just shows how senile and ill-informed Nigerians are. (Am disgusted) this same logic should work for money rituals too now. Those men are bringing money from the land of the spirits and making our economy better. U should never use a good course as a justification for your greediness otherwise nothing would be a crime at the end of the day.

The fact remains that bad is bad and fighting it in any form is right. Call it witchhunt, call it making someone a scapegoat, but the truth is the truth..Someone asked a very important question and I will ask it again: was incriminating evidence found on him or not?? If Yes let him explain himself.. if he isn't the owner of the laptop let him provide the owner either ways he has some questions to answer.
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 16, 2019
GadgetHunter:
POPULAR? no his image has been damaged, watch him being denied visas for his int’l shows, you think it’s easy to be prosecuted by the EFCC and when you come out you’ll find it easy to get things done solo without having one godfather someone where wey get mouth well well.
Na gou go deny his shows abi... someone that spent most of his life in the Uk and a uk citizen for that matter
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 16, 2019
ogun kill anyone that says it's yahoo yahoo that is spoiling the country's image, before this bullshit of a crime started Africans as a whole has always been scrutinized well before being granted visa....
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 16, 2019
the idiot that said they denied him visa because of cyber fraud shouldn't be allowed to travel anywhere because of his senseless mentality...... fraud is just part of the problem.... there are several problems you didn't mention.... illegal immigrants, corruption, drug peddlers etc... you didn't mention it.......na una type dey travel out ans refuse to come back and blaming someone else's for your own misfortune.... I'm not justifying cyber crime what am trying to say is cyber crime isnt the our inly problem in Nigeria..... channel this same hatred to every categories of people spoiling the country's image
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 16, 2019
segunmelvin:
Na gou go deny his shows abi... someone that spent most of his life in the Uk and a uk citizen for that matter
who said anybody is going to deny him shows? Any way thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 16, 2019
segunmelvin:
the idiot that said they denied him visa because of cyber fraud shouldn't be allowed to travel anywhere because of his senseless mentality...... fraud is just part of the problem.... there are several problems you didn't mention.... illegal immigrants, corruption, drug peddlers etc... you didn't mention it.......na una type dey travel out ans refuse to come back and blaming someone else's for your own misfortune.... I'm not justifying cyber crime what am trying to say is cyber crime isnt the our inly problem in Nigeria..... channel this same hatred to every categories of people spoiling the country's image
and you do not have to call anyone names after airing your opinion, fraud is part of the reason why they denied young Nigerians visa, you’ll only feel the pain when you start traveling frequently and the treatment you’ll be receiving when immigration see you’re holding a Nigerian passport, until you’ve go through that phase befo you’ll understand how damaging this fraud issue as damaged Nigeria’s image overseas coupled with other aspects too
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 16, 2019
GadgetHunter:
and you do not have to call anyone names after airing your opinion, fraud is part of the reason why they denied young Nigerians visa, you’ll only feel the pain when you start traveling frequently and the treatment you’ll be receiving when immigration see you’re holding a Nigerian passport, until you’ve go through that phase befo you’ll understand how damaging this fraud issue as damaged Nigeria’s image overseas coupled with other aspects too
stop saying only fraud issue.... mention drugs, prostitution, corruption, gang wars etc mention all those things people going over there are doing there also to damage our reputation too.
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by xolomonstrides(m): 7:51pm On May 16, 2019
kallmemrB:
sorry bro... Am not a yahoo Boy.. Crime has no gain but sometimes we need to respect freedom of speech... My reference was to EFCC on abuse of power... So u mean everyone that sang a song abt yahoo should be arrested...

When we don't defend our freedom of little things like this then when do we fight then.... Tomorrow it may be a case about sovmething damaging
the statement reads that some incriminating items where found with naira Marley. In their defence they claim that he borrowed the items for upload of music... He is not being arraigned because of what he said. We need to be objective here.
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 16, 2019
segunmelvin:
stop saying only fraud issue.... mention drugs, prostitution, corruption, gang wars etc mention all those things people going over there are doing there also to damage our reputation too.
when those things come up here it’ll be talked about too, but this thread is about Naira Marley and fraud, not Naira Marley and prostitution,

When u talk fraud, it can be categorized alongside corruption, because if you’re not corrupt you won’t do fraud
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol this your mentality is the reason u were denied visa

Always looking for who to blame for your failure ,yahoo is a crime i accept but its not the reason o
Nigeria have bad name ...are we even in the top 15 list of cyber crime .....u think we have more yahoo boys then USA .....

My issue is EFCC is making a mess out of this case n it won't stand ...u arrest someone then start investigation ...lol thats crazy ...he is a british citizen so wont accept the plea bagan the rest accepted thats why he is still there

And if u foolishly think Efcc is fight yahoo boys cos of are image then im sorry for you

My crook or hook every country needs foreigne revenue ...and from the economics point of view yahoo has no disadvantage unique to it for nigerians
you are Mad!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by zamanii: 8:33pm On May 16, 2019
AgreatMan:

1. My aim was not to say anything new, just a reminder of what d law says.
2. He was arrested in the house, not invited, and yes, d same can happen to anyone including you.
3. He is still a "Yahoo boy." No matter what u think about him, he needs to first be SUCCESSFULLY convicted. Very innocent until proven guilty.

And yes, my comments regarding this guy makes me appears pro-yahoo. But look at Nigeria as a whole, who can u really say it worthy to emulate?
Consider Yahoo boys, politicians, polices-EFCC-SARS, jet flying pastors. 3 of those people have stolen n extorted directly from us, only one hasn't but today, we now focus on d irrelevant while leaving out d real criminals. So no, I am not buying these cosmetic parade of d efcc. It's my opinion anyways.

Stating your opinion doesn't make you pro-yahoo, it's not that easy. You are standing for the law but I dare to say the law is a major chunk of our problems as those who make the law still use the same law as a shield to perpetrate their shenanigans.

Nigeria is as much a house of commotion as much as America is under Trump and we as citizens are part of the problem. Yes, they have left out the real criminals and arresting smaller fish but a fish is a fish. We will not stand by and let the likes of naira Marley tell our kids that it is okay to engage in fraud because the white man colonized us.

Let the politicians keep being politicians, their day of Reckoning is near. We will continue to fight that morals reign supreme and the right messages are passed across

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by xolomonstrides(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2019
kallmemrB:
sorry bro... Am not a yahoo Boy.. Crime has no gain but sometimes we need to respect freedom of speech... My reference was to EFCC on abuse of power... So u mean everyone that sang a song abt yahoo should be arrested...

When we don't defend our freedom of little things like this then when do we fight then.... Tomorrow it may be a case about something damaging

The statement reads that some incriminating items where found with naira Marley. In their defence they claim that he borrowed the items for upload of music and video... He is not being arraigned because of what he said. We need to be objective here. He has to prove that the incriminating (laptop I assume) is not his and that he is not into fraud...
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 16, 2019
xolomonstrides:

The statement reads that some incriminating items where found with naira Marley. In their defence they claim that he borrowed the items for upload of music and video... He is not being arraigned because of what he said. We need to be objective here. He has to prove that the incriminating (laptop I assume) is not his and that he is not into fraud...
you are right sìr
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Nobody: 1:58am On May 17, 2019
GadgetHunter:
when those things come up here it’ll be talked about too, but this thread is about Naira Marley and fraud, not Naira Marley and prostitution,

When u talk fraud, it can be categorized alongside corruption, because if you’re not corrupt you won’t do fraud
console yourself well... sweet dreams
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by AgreatMan: 2:11am On May 17, 2019
zamanii:

Stating your opinion doesn't make you pro-yahoo, it's not that easy. You are standing for the law but I dare to say the law is a major chunk of our problems as those who make the law still use the same law as a shield to perpetrate their shenanigans.

Nigeria is as much a house of commotion as much as America is under Trump and we as citizens are part of the problem. Yes, they have left out the real criminals and arresting smaller fish but a fish is a fish. We will not stand by and let the likes of naira Marley tell our kids that it is okay to engage in fraud because the white man colonized us.

Let the politicians keep being politicians, their day of Reckoning is near. We will continue to fight that morals reign supreme and the right messages are passed across

I agree with this 100percent. Every Yahoo boy must be charged according to due process. Besides, the maximum sentence I have seen in recent times is 6 months for a Yahoo boy with no option of fine which makes me think our laws is a joke. Why go through all d stress if those guys could be freed without doing any serious time?

However, we must not lose sight of the real criminals while chasing d smaller ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by Farakay10: 2:34am On May 17, 2019
kallmemrB:
Me am not a yahoo Boy.... But seriously this is abuse of power... Because around the world people do such and its no crime... Does that mean if I call myself Pablo Escobar does that mean am a drug lord
I question your thinking ability
Re: Naira Marley Management Releases Official Statement About His Arrest by TheStarsAlign: 11:42pm On May 17, 2019
This management sef no sabi. Rhetorical question without question mark. Abeg let the dude spend like 2weeks for cell, him head go clear small.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma Eze Welcome Their First Child / Gandoki Reacts To Tonto Dikeh's Marriage Crisis And Instagram Stunts! / Moyo Lawal Gorgeous In Native Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.