Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites (51710 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run / The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) / Ikeja Bus Terminal That Was Commissioned Has Not Been Completed. See Why (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Ovamboland(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2019
Detolanny:

Don't mind them, let them be lying to themselves. I'm not arguing the completion rate along the Abeokuta-Ibadan axis of the rail {which terminated before the level crossing at Iju (he area where there was a train accident 2 weeks ago involving a stupid keke driver that claimed the lives of all passengers, including the stupid keke driver)} but there's still a whole lot of work to be done on the Iju-Lagos axis of the project. The rail passes through the front of my gate at iju-ishaga and I can categorically tell you guys that that this project can never be ready by December this year. I don't even know why Rotimi Ameachi is in a hurry to deliver this rail project by May 2019 except if they want to do the Ambode magic by commissioning a project that is still WIP. Iju-Fagba is still pending, they are still trying to clear the land from Fagba - Agege, Agege-Ikeja is still untouched, Ikeja-Oshodi is still untouched, Oshodi-Mushin is still untouched, Mushin-Yaba is till further notice. Except if the 90% completion they are talking about is for a different rail project but if it's the same Lagos-Ibadan rail project being handled by the Railway arm of CCECC, then It can't be completed in 2019. They are still battling with the Crictical Path of the project (which is clearing the land, levelling it and pouring granite) not to talk of laying the tracks proper. Even the Station they are building at Agbado Crossing is not even up to 20% completion. I would have posted pictures but it's dark now and light no dey.

Complaints and more complaints, if we survived 16 years of do nothing government, we will surely more than survive the one that you claim are too slow with projects.
Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 21, 2019
Today at Omi Adio.

Drone videos at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db-ayJNFWWo

Re: 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites by rexesq(m): 6:35am On May 27, 2019
ceaser:

I don't think 3 years is sufficient to get to this stage you suggest. The owners of that place shown in the picture actually attained that stage after DECADES of SUSTAINED CONSTRUCTION of those. They didn't "cash out" and left jobs undone.

Therefore we should plan for yesterday faded glories. Is the budget not sufficient to birth those projects?

Rethink... Else naija go remain.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas / Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.