Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss (14630 Views)

Imported Rice From America For Sale / Why Nigerian Rice Is Expensive And Scarce - Fatimah Aliyu / Family Rice: Akwa Ibom Rice Is In Town (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by bewla(m): 7:34pm On May 16, 2019
Just Imagine
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Emmanuel226(m): 7:34pm On May 16, 2019
imported rice fall on us grin
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Emmanuel226(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2019
o boy abeg, go dey do ur work, go dey catch smugglers and leave foreign rice alone for us oh sad
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by matify83: 7:36pm On May 16, 2019
Poisonous, but you readily donate them to IDPs and recently, motherless babies homes.

Can we from deductive extrapolation insinuate that you are putting these disadvantaged persons in harms way?

Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by OSUigboKiller: 7:38pm On May 16, 2019
manuelbreez:
Doesn't stop Messi from winning the Ballon d'or!!
Get a job
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Bobbyfreshh(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2019
BruncleZuma:
And the job of NAFDAC and SON is?

Exactly my thoughts .......I've been saying that agency called nafdac is useless...imagine the incompetence of a very sensitive agency

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by christinme224(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2019
Nigga ate foreign rice in my house today oo, even Oga bubu
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 16, 2019
will not stop me from eating foreign rice. what is the need of staying here for eternity and eating all this local sand sand rice?
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 16, 2019
Emmanuel226:
but i must admit it our local rice is sweeter dan imported rice only dat, it has not bin filtered.
You mean ofada stoned rice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Emmanuel226(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2019
comshots:
You mean ofada stoned rice?
yeah exactly
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 16, 2019
nickxtra:
I have eaten locally produced rice. Infact, since December, I fell in love with local rice when I got a gift of The Bull(a locally produced rice) from a relative. It's not only sweeter, it lasts long in the pot. When the bag got finished, I bought another The Bull bag of rice. When it finished, I bought another bag that we are cooking now.

Bye bye to foreign rice, welcome to local rice.
You dey lie.
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by nickxtra(m): 7:46pm On May 16, 2019
comshots:
You dey lie.
U dey buy rice?
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by frfrank(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2019
Stay there they spew rubbish.. Very soon we start to dry import lemon grass....
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by SolexOlenin(m): 7:51pm On May 16, 2019
CeeJay9ja:
The Comptroller-General, Nigeria Custom Service, Col. Hameed Ali(rtd) at a news conference organised by the Ministry of Finance in Abuja on Thursday appealed to Nigerians to avoid eating foreign rice because it is poisonous.

He further declared that the Federal Government had not issued licence for importation of rice and that any rice seen on the streets that was not produced in Nigeria was smuggled. He explained that the reason imported rice is poisonous is because before it comes into the country, it must have spent a minimum of five years in the silos.

" A chemical must have been added to sustain its freshness and that chemical is harmful. It has been re-bagged with a new date given as the production and expiry dates, and that is what we consume here which causes diseases. So, I appeal to Nigerians to please patronise our own rice, it is available, more nutritious and if you do that you will assist Customs by making sure these people are put out of business", he said

He added that if Nigerians stop buying the imported rice, smugglers will go out of business and there will be no need to bring it in.

https://exposeitworld..com/2019/05/imported-rice-is-poisonous-custom-boss.html

Can this news be confirmed by NAFDAC?
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by perpeling22(f): 7:53pm On May 16, 2019
nickxtra:
I have eaten locally produced rice. Infact, since December, I fell in love with local rice when I got a gift of The Bull(a locally produced rice) from a relative. It's not only sweeter, it lasts long in the pot. When the bag got finished, I bought another The Bull bag of rice. When it finished, I bought another bag that we are cooking now.

Heard 'The Bull' is called Anambra Foreign Rice. How true?
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 16, 2019
Emmanuel226:

yeah exactly
tueh!
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Emmanuel226(m): 7:59pm On May 16, 2019
comshots:
tueh!
hw prove me wrong undecided
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Fourwinds: 8:00pm On May 16, 2019
KrystosCJ:
The Customs boss will not point a finger to the many wives and girlfriends of Customs officers and even fellow officers that sell rice and other contraband goods that they forcefully obtain from so-called smugglers. Idiotic raggamuffin!
exactly
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by Stanleyville(m): 8:01pm On May 16, 2019
grin

OFADA anyday anytime!
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by bixton(m): 8:04pm On May 16, 2019
jayred:
As if it is local rice he is eating in his house.....
Nonsense and ingredient.....SMH
do we produce enuf rice to feed this hungry country?
the sand inside local rice plenty pass the rice itself

There's much local rice to feed the country.

Anyone still eating local rice with stone is still buying from the wrong person.
Go ask for local rice without stone, its available in the market even in bags.
I've been buying and eating local rice for about 8 months now.

Just know how to cook it and you'll enjoy it.

3 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by jaxxy(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2019
Wait! I thought they said Nigeria now exports rice?
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by bigfather(m): 8:20pm On May 16, 2019
Na Dem !
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by nanizle(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2019
Yes! It is poisonous to ze economy.

angry
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by samcus(m): 8:39pm On May 16, 2019
useless people everywhere
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by mukthar2000(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2019
Oooya make I run go inform my people for city ooo

Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by jimi4us: 9:16pm On May 16, 2019
Bonapart:
What is not imported into Nigeria? Who even know what is causing suicide in the land
. Taaar, suicide na Buhari 100% sure.

Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by cjudy(m): 9:23pm On May 16, 2019
nickxtra:

Oga forget talk. Foreign Rices Nigerians have be eating for ages automatically become poisonous because of Buhari abi? Let me educate you, there's no politician in Nigeria that's eating local rice starting from your president to the local government councillors
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by rafindo(m): 9:34pm On May 16, 2019
That the way to encouraged rice production in Nigeria. The national orientation agency must do more to protect this rice policy.we always complain of lack of job but we are interested in eating foreign rice that makes our farmers,research institutes,package solution company, wholesalers and retailers loose their job.if you are smuggler why not invest in destoning of rice as a value chain business.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by pat077: 9:35pm On May 16, 2019
I'm sure for the man's mind na...... Do as I say and not as I do
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by emmanuelsea(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2019
Can Nigerians really do without smuggling rice. Even custom and other paramilitary do smuggle rice. Only GOD can help Nigeria.
Re: Hameed Ali: Imported Rice Is Poisonous - Customs Boss by FarmOfftake: 9:50pm On May 16, 2019
nickxtra:

We can attest to this at FarmOfftake. We also have sweet local rice, stone-free. We are even giving samples for cooking and tasting to bulk buyers.

We are working towards a local rice revolution where quality and affordable local rice will discourage people from eating the less healthier imported rice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? / Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer / ~ Favourite Biscuits/Cookies ?~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.