Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,089 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns (30857 Views)

Crowd Storm Loom Headquarters In Lagos To Demand For Their Money / Loom Money Nigeria: Crash Of Ponzi Scheme Imminent As SEC Warns Nigerians / ‎Avoid Ponzi Schemes! SEC Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by Bizibi(m): 6:51am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
loom cannot crash because it doesn't have website. ...it's just WhatsApp group tinx. ...abi WhatsApp go crash?
it's more or less like contribution stuff....It can only slow down but it can't crash
just like mmm,una don start peter pay Paul cycle again.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by Agugbadin: 6:53am On May 17, 2019
LOOM will lead someone to DOOM, Be guided do not LOOM.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by onatisi(m): 6:58am On May 17, 2019
megrimor:
I hope Nigerians listen to this
They will never listen, reason why history keeps repeating itself. Many Nigerians feel and think they are even smarter than wisdom itself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by Awesomefred32(m): 6:58am On May 17, 2019
grin grin grin

If you do LOOM, And they DOOM you, Don't cry come my ROOM, Coz na BROOM i go take ZOOM you out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by haweezee: 7:08am On May 17, 2019
Aderewah:
An average Nigerian will not be successful. They don't want to learn skills, they don't invest in themselves. They don't go to seminars, they will never read. They prefer to be hunting for use 1k to get 500k. As if that makes any sense.
very true! since the day I discovered the internet has almost all the solution in this life, I was able to fix problems in my car without going to the mech,repair my computer,phones,bake cakes,the list is endless, instead of waiting for miracles ,make use of the internet and become an entrepreneur and a billionaire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by samtiyelov1(m): 7:09am On May 17, 2019
This happens when you have a talking government rather than an activé government. Thèse things only thrive where poverty has a stronghold. Do you blame people who would jump at anything to survive or a government that fails to provide support and balance for its people?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by maasoap(m): 7:12am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
loom cannot crash because it doesn't have website. ...it's just WhatsApp group tinx. ...abi WhatsApp go crash?
it's more or less like contribution stuff.... It can only slow down but it can't crash

Dullard. Slowing down means gradual death. People are already regretting participating in it, I heard.

7 Likes

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by maasoap(m): 7:16am On May 17, 2019
samtiyelov1:
This happens when you have a talking government rather than an activé government. Thèse things only thrive where poverty has a stronghold. Do you blame people who would jump at anything to survive or a government that fails to provide support and balance for its people?

You are wrong saying that Ponzi thrives because of poverty and failure on the part of the government. Ponzi thrives everywhere: China, Russia, USA because it is driven by greed, pure and simple. Are you telling me that someone who invests 5 million naira is also poor financially?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by jaxxy(m): 7:31am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
it's more or less like contribution stuff....It can only slow down but it can't crash

It’s like a contribution bt in an unsustainable Manner cos it’s not monthly or weekly rather u look for more people. U pay only once and reap 100 folds. Normal contribution u pay till it’s ur turn to collect, there’s a cycle. Loom has no finite cycle.

5 Likes

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by martineverest(m): 7:31am On May 17, 2019
Boyooosa:

Don't u read well?
They mentioned that they will invest minimum of 1k to 13k. Always read to understand and not read to comment.
learn to understand comment B4 replying...the dude is correct

what are investing in that u want to reap?

6 Likes

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by martineverest(m): 7:35am On May 17, 2019
tunwumi:
What an embarrassment that you can't shut down a scam group simply because it is operating on internet.
true.but ........

what happens to people who just invested but waiting for their investment returns.
mmm and loom reveal how greedy and lazy nigerians are
Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by sonnie10: 7:35am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
You are unintelligent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by EgusiShankly: 7:39am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
continue grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by DWJOBScom(m): 7:42am On May 17, 2019
post=78457319:
We hope they listen...

Greediness is not a disease...it's something worse!

Especially when you think MMM left enough brokes and enemies and now this is breeding up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by Ozkar: 7:45am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
this is the same nonsense people were saying about MMM. It cannot crash, it cannot crash.

Did the internet crash before MMM crashed? How come WhatsApp has to crash before a ponzi scheme that is unsustainable and has no financial backing can crash?

Are you guys really this mentally shortsighted, or just blinded by greed?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by UncleJudax(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2019
Mummyimbecile:
lol,bro...they wont even close the whatsapp group,the criminal admins behind it,will just pack the whole money to themselves and leave the group for them to continue looming themselves,i know how all this things works,i can tell you that loom wont last 2weeks from now,they are shaking already,the criminals behind it are matching all the money wey dey enter to themselves,there is paucity of funds there as at now
Many Nigerians are greedy and too desperate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by kalu61(m): 7:59am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
you are novice actually

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by kalu61(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
you are a novice if you aren't joking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by trapQ: 8:06am On May 17, 2019
A collosal embarrassment.
tunwumi:
What an embarrassment that you can't shut down a scam group simply because it is operating on internet.
Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by DarkJeddi(m): 8:07am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
Gospel according to mirabel001.. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by tunwumi: 8:08am On May 17, 2019
martineverest:
true.but ........

what happens to people who just invested but waiting for their investment returns.
mmm and loom reveal how greedy and lazy nigerians are

I agree with you but it is the utmost responsibility of the government to protect citizens Not just from Bokoharam and others but also from fraudsters

1 Like

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by trapQ: 8:08am On May 17, 2019
Why does the efcc arrest Yahoo boys?
Do Yahoo boys force people to give them money? Common sense is not common.
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Arrest? Are they forcing anybody to part with their money?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by gaskiyamagana: 8:15am On May 17, 2019
Campusparot:
How will you sow APC and expect to reap good

How will you sow Buhari and expect to reap Atiku
Source:
PDP FOOLORSOPHER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by martineverest(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2019
tunwumi:

I agree with you but it is the utmost responsibility of the government to protect citizens Not just from Bokoharam and others but also from fraudsters
I think the reason they haven't shutbit down is because of those that have invested...the best way to go about it is to sensitise the people on the consequences so people will pull on gradually and also stop people from investing..

but,no matter how u educate Nigerians on this scams they won't listen.thwir greediness beclouds their thinking.
Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by tgmservice: 8:30am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
this one na big OLodo

1 Like

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by horlabisi93: 8:33am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
werey re ooo, them don brainwash this one�

1 Like

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by Platony(m): 8:46am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:

U don't say..

2 Likes

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by BLUEJAYY: 8:55am On May 17, 2019
valx2:
IF YOU DO LOOM AND THEY DOOM YOU NO CRY COME MY ROOM OOO COZ NA BROOM I GO TAKE ZOOM YOU!
Hahahaaaa
Nice one.
Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by mvem(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2019
mirabel001:
..see as people dey insult you because you showed your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by shiki(m): 9:22am On May 17, 2019
sthecy:
they won't listen
till someone commits suicide

MMM was even better than this Loom, those looking for quick money would surely die
Re: Stay Off ‘loom Money Nigeria’, SEC Warns by lawrsmith(m): 9:26am On May 17, 2019
unclesuruoffi:
Nigerians have been warned to stay off Loom Money Nigeria by the Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC, who alleged that it is being ran by fraudsters. According to Mary Uduk, acting director-general of the commission, the scheme targeted young people, luring them to participate in a pyramid model of the Ponzi. In a news conference in which she was represented by Efe Ebelo, SEC’s head of media, she stated that Loom Money Nigeria had taken over the social media.

She further revealed that those behind the ponzi scheme “carry out their illegitimate activities” via social media platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp, and they lure young Nigerians to invest as low as N1,000 and N13,000 and to get as much as eight times the value of the investment in 48 hours. The SEC who warned Nigerians to stay off Loom Money Nigeria which has no tangible business model, said;

“Unlike MMM that had a website and the promoter known, the people promoting Loom are not yet known and this pyramid scheme operates through closed groups mainly on Facebook and WhatsApp. If it were a local Ponzi scheme with known offices, it would be very easy for the Commission to seal their offices and freeze their accounts."

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/17/stay-off-loom-money-nigeria-sec-warns/

no be only loom, na Doom await all the participants

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If I Give Bank 1 Million Naira How Much Will They Pay Me Per Month? / 86 Fb Football Ponzi Investment Legit Or Scam 86 Fb 86 Z 86 W Football Review / Three Reasons Why You Are Always Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.