Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC (16412 Views)

Mathew Manoso Ndagoso To Buhari: 'You don't have the capacity to govern' / Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos / Police Arrest Principal Of Ede Muslim High School Over Senator Adeleke’s Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by AceRoyal: 5:41pm On May 17, 2019
K
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by farem: 5:42pm On May 17, 2019
Chukwurah003:
An illiterate wants to be Osun Governor. What a joke

"Let’s remind the PDP that when Adeleke was rejected by the APC years back for the senatorial election, the PDP adopted him within hours and dumped their best qualified and professional minds."
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by sammyj: 5:43pm On May 17, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by slimfit1(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2019
Let us see 1 bill that he sponsored before he can be a governor.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by alen4smith(m): 5:46pm On May 17, 2019
TheMoniker:
grin
It’s truly beyond him cos he’ll marvel that a larger percentage of the state’s money goes to a thief in Lagos.
Naija is a cursed country. You see day light robbers (Buhari, Tinubu, Oyetola, Osibade) and wave at them but erection they get hearing about yahoo boys is alarming. People like Buhari should live in caves if that country is serious about good governance. If I was in Nigeria and I was a yahoo boy, I’ll make everyone around me suffer before getting a dime or favoring them cos I’ll know they don’t mean well for me.
Una never ready. Thank God I japa soon when I get my family out of that God forsaken shit hole I’ll only be reading about “it”
WAILER!
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by Racoon(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2019
Nigerian politics is a joke.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by Deepfeel(m): 5:54pm On May 17, 2019
Is Nigeria not beyond buhari's mental capacity? undecided
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by 2blessed01(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2019
...And Buhari Is..

Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by israelmao(m): 6:25pm On May 17, 2019
APC is accusing someone of incompetence, look at Gandollar,Bello and Buhari.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by legalwealth(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2019
Politics in Nigeria is now comedy. grin grin grin
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by Ezedavo12(m): 6:53pm On May 17, 2019
So Nigeria is not too big for Buhari to handle abi mumy people
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by YenYo: 7:06pm On May 17, 2019
Adeleke his better than the inept clown in Mecca.

Lazy ass man.

The only thing buhari knows is either to go and treat his ear in UK or to go deceive himself in Mecca.

Allah his tired of your constant lamentation.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by bareal(m): 7:06pm On May 17, 2019
Chukwurah003:
An illiterate wants to be Osun Governor. What a joke

Just like an illiterate is already presiding over Nigeria ��..... What a joke
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by felixomor: 7:11pm On May 17, 2019
omocalabar:
easy way to spot a Yoruba muslim, whose only dream for Nigeria is to achieve Hijab in schools

grin choi
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by BiafraIsFree: 7:24pm On May 17, 2019
Nigeria is a useless shiit hole.
TheMoniker:
grin
It’s truly beyond him cos he’ll marvel that a larger percentage of the state’s money goes to a thief in Lagos.
Naija is a cursed country. You see day light robbers (Buhari, Tinubu, Oyetola, Osibade) and wave at them but erection they get hearing about yahoo boys is alarming. People like Buhari should live in caves if that country is serious about good governance. If I was in Nigeria and I was a yahoo boy, I’ll make everyone around me suffer before getting a dime or favoring them cos I’ll know they don’t mean well for me.
Una never ready. Thank God I japa soon when I get my family out of that God forsaken shit hole I’ll only be reading about “it”

Abeg if you manufacture anything that can send a bomb to aso rock, legislative and Fulani jihadists barracks, you will make my day.

Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by capitalzero: 7:56pm On May 17, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Osun State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that the candidate of opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in last year’s governorship election in Osun, Senator Ademola Adeleke, is unfit to govern the state.

The party, in a statement issued by its spokesman, Kunle Oyatomi, said the scandals surrounding Adeleke’s personality and qualifications were embarrassing, which informed the reasons why some PDP members approached the court for clarity over his eligibility to hold such public office.

The APC said, “Adeleke’s personality is problematic and embarrassingly scandalous in regard to his educational qualifications.

“If the PDP as a political party is not embarrassed by the scandals surrounding Adeleke’s personality and qualifications, some of its members are concerned enough to seek clarity in court.

“But for the PDP through its chairman, Hon. Soji Adagunodo, to turn around and accuse the APC of instigating PDP’S members, led by Mr Ajayi Shuaib, to seek clarity in court appears dumb to us.

“Let’s remind the PDP that when Adeleke was rejected by the APC years back for the senatorial election, the PDP adopted him within hours and dumped their best qualified and professional minds.

“However, what they did not factor into their hasty adoption was the potentially obvious down sides of the young man. They did not really think it through,” the APC said.

The APC castigated the PDP for failing to take responsibility for the baggage it invited to their party because it was desperate to win election.

“We have no interest in Adeleke. We rejected him long ago. Now that the PDP is discovering why the APC dumped him, it is just reasonable that the PDP carries its cross,” it said.

The APC maintained that, “the PDP is still living in darkness. No matter how hard that party tries, it cannot get Osun people to repeat the tragedy of 2003.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/17/osun-beyond-senator-adelekes-capacity-govern-apc/

if this is true, buhari is only fit to rear cow.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by Born2Breed(f): 7:58pm On May 17, 2019
This statement is very ridiculous.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by naijajobx: 7:59pm On May 17, 2019
Hmm
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by LazyGold(m): 8:19pm On May 17, 2019
omocalabar:
easy way to spot a Yoruba muslim, whose only dream for Nigeria is to achieve Hijab in schools

Every Yoruba on Nairaland is a Muslim to you guys, you are just deluded
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by jeff1993: 8:25pm On May 17, 2019
krebdawise:
Nigeria politics is synonymous to Funny Politics...
it's a joke.

Helo Nairalanders, am damn broke in school now(EKSU).... a/c: 0054187884. Bank: UnionBank...
any amount....
..... come and join our group NBA(nairaland beggars association)!!!!
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by omocalabar(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2019
LazyGold:

Every Yoruba on Nairaland is a Muslim to you guys, you are just deluded
The non MUSLIMs use to have sense.... meanwhile, na ur papa dey deluded
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by LazyGold(m): 8:33pm On May 17, 2019
omocalabar:
The non MUSLIMs use to have sense.... meanwhile, na ur papa dey deluded

You are talking about sense that you lack
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by chimex001(m): 8:44pm On May 17, 2019
undefeateds:
It is not your right to decide who to rule, it is d people's will that should prevail but what do I know, since the judiciary has been hijacked, they can now talk shit from every corner of their mouth, nonsense!
But Justice Mary Idyllic is not compromised? Hypocrite
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by femolii: 9:43pm On May 17, 2019
TheMoniker:
grin
Trach, you are a man without sence.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by TheMoniker: 10:19pm On May 17, 2019
femolii:
Trach, my father is a man without sence.

Fixed.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by lereinter(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2019
Aregberascal that talks like a lunatic, spent 8yrs
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by Optionalx: 5:58am On May 18, 2019
ladiesreject:
I don't like APC but I support them on this.
Imagine having an illiterate as a president and governor.

That man will be a disaster.
With all the wealth in his family, he couldn't go to school.

I've watched few of his interviews on TV and he's an absolute disgrace.

He will never smell that seat.
Pack well jare... you have no say in the matter.
He wins... he governs...
You can’t do nothing
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by Joshinvent(m): 7:22am On May 18, 2019
The APC led government itself knows that the Judiciary itself is compromised. So !!! What else should the people of Osun expect
This APC is just trying to cover up the mess of Ogbeni.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by press9jatv: 8:28am On May 18, 2019
HOW THE LAGOS THUG AND HIS INTELLECTUALLY MORIBUND FOLLOWERS RUINED OSUN STATE ECONOMY (1)

By Nobleman

The ruins former governor of Osun State, Raufu Aregbesola and his co-Lagos slaves brought to the once one of the best states in South West Nigeria, will continue to hurt State of the Living Spring, for not less than four decades.

Those who are familiar with the state and sincere with their own mind by jettisoning sentiments, will agree with me that our unborn children will surely be part of evil acts perpetrated by that Lagos Fuji dancer.

In 2010, when Rauf was coming from Lagos to Osun after the controversial judgment at Court of Appeal in Ibadan, he came with some of his co-thugs whom had once lived under Lagos bridges before they were picked up.

When he reached the state, he used his gathered experience under Lagos' bridges to deceive Osun people and carted away their meagre resources.

The pictures of Aje International Market below clearly show one of the dubious ways, that Ibadan-polytechnic dropout used to siphon Osun's meagre resources.

For those who don't know, Aregbesola, as former governor, has no single personal property in the state - be it residential house or business. He did this in order to give impression that he never stole anything from State's coffer.

Now, let's look at the pictures below: In the first tenure of Raufu Onijibiti, he told Osun people that he was ready to develop the commerce of the state and ‘facilitate development’.

Aje International Market is among the projects aimed towards booming the economy of the state but sadly, surrounding the market today are weeds battling for space with the structure.

The former Commissioner for Information and Strategy in the state, Adelani Baderinwa, while meeting with the Young Mandate Group in 2017 stated that “the market has expanded economic activities…” This market as quoted by Bolarinwa seems not to be contributing any kobo to the economy of the State let alone expand it.

Immediately after the inauguration of Ogboni Cuba as Governor, he reiterated that he was ready to make Osun a commercial nerve centre by building markets of international standard.

Consequently, three international markets were proposed, namely: Aje International Market, Dagbolu International Market and Ayegbaju International Market.

These markets were proposed to drive commerce in the state, and to ensure important commodities are purchased at cheaper prices.

For the Aje International Market, the old Trade Fair Complex along the Osogbo – Iwo Road in Ido Osun, Egbedore Local Government area of the state was chosen, and the Trade Fair Complex was demolished to cater for the project.

On Monday, September 10, 2012, the Governor of the state along with important government functionaries turned the sod, and promised to use the project to enhance the living standard of the masses.

When journalists visited the abandoned project, a staff of the Ministry of Commerce who pleaded anonymity said, contrary to the initial belief in the public space that the project is being solely funded by the state government, it is a Public Private Partnership [PPP] project with Conduas Pendragon and Osun state Government. The Aje International Market is a market proposed to be of international standard by the two parties.

The staff, whom newsmen met at the abandoned site, claimed that government owns the land and therefore the stake of the government is 10% and the private developer owns the remaining 90% which will include cost of construction and management.

During the investigation, it was discovered that the company, Conduas Pendragon has no presence on Social Media and none of its company operations was found on the search engine, Google. The terms of arrangement of how the investors intend to recoup its investment are still not clear.

Surprisingly, the project was listed among the completed projects of Odua Investment Limited, a company created to cater for business interests of the South-Western states.

Did the state government partner Odua Investment Company in building Aje International Market without communicating the decision to the public? Is Odua Investment among the strategic partners? These questions are begging for answers.

It was gathered that shops already put in place are close to six hundred (600) units, a claim that was found to be accurate. The shops are in different sizes: 7.5 square kilometer, 12.5 square kilometer and 15 square kilometer.

According to the official, most of the shops have been rented out but the tenants have not resumed their business operations because government is still not serious about commencement of business in that district.

When asked the cost of purchase, the official revealed that some of their shops were sold for N1million and some for N600,000.

Due to the neglect of the market, the space is already being encroached by people. Almost five shops are being used to store onions that were seen scattered all over the floor of the shops.

A 60-year-old woman, whom journalists met was amending clothes using sewing machine. She was shocked when she saw reporters with their camera.

When asked questions in local language, she refrained from answering questions thrown at her. When asked, “Who gave you this space?” She answered, “Please go and meet the man in charge”.

At the back of the market are Hausa traders roasting fish to be sold in the market. All of them are men and they were exchanging conversations in Hausa language.

There is also a large scale-water melon market there. They claimed that most retailers selling water melon at different junctions in the city of Osogbo visit their ‘store’ to procure it and the place is a 'Mecca' of some sorts in the morning.

When asked whether government is aware about their activities, they answered yes but the government has not sent them packing and they are making huge sales there.

Despite the fact that the market has not been commissioned officially for use, the structure is already in disrepair. Some of the PVC ceilings have started falling off and the woods already infested by termites. It is also pathetic that the paintings on the wall are gradually fading.

As stated earlier, the project was discovered to be owned by Osun state government and Conduas Pendragon, a non-existing company.

Meanwhile, the state government noted that N2.8 billion had been spent on the project. The government mandated most traders in Orisumbare to rent the Aje International Market as the Orisumbare space is owned by Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, saying they can be evicted any time.

However, the traders have refused to leave Orisumbare Market for fear of inadequate sales at the new location which is substantially distant from the Osogbo metropolis.

What has happened to the vision for Aje International Market? How much funds have been committed by the State Government to this project? Who are the faces behind Conduas Pendragon? Is the market another white-elephant project?

Unfortunately, some political jobbers whom their parents have no means of livelihood except money they are getting from ill-gotten wealth at Bordilliorn will still be defending this barbaric act.

What I am sure of is, whatever will do today, posterity will surely judge.

•Additional information from Oderinu Adedayo website.
Re: Osun Beyond Senator Adeleke’s Capacity To Govern – APC by press9jatv: 8:30am On May 18, 2019
lereinter:
Aregberascal that talks like a lunatic, spent 8yrs
yes, 100% yes. Aregbese is a clueless treasury looter .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges / Kidnapped Niger Students: Settle Your Mercenaries – PDP To Buhari, APC / IED Explodes, Kills 8 Repentant Boko Haram Members At Scavengers Site In Bama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.