Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market (19315 Views)

Bandits Kill Four In Zamfara Raid, Govt Closes Market / Unknown Gunmen Behead Saboteur In Orie okporo PHOTOS, / Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:24pm On May 17, 2019
so successive governments saw all these obstacles near the so called enugu international airport and kept mute...i thought OBJ and lately GEJ carried out repairs and maintenance at the airport so why is it still LOCAL?

1 Like

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 17, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Anambra state government is searching for dumb like you to send to new rehabilitation center at ogugu shrine, Umueri. please stop dragging Obiano and Anambra people to your stupidity, dumbo.

1 Like

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by Rizan3349: 11:22pm On May 17, 2019
I still find it hard why Politicians see it fun to degrade masses..the market has been there before the so called international airport .... How can government give such order for not less than 50, 000 persons who are involved without constructing another market that they will relocate to ? The election has come and gone . This is how Gov Ugwuanyi want to thank people for their support...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by 2blessed01(m): 11:25pm On May 17, 2019
Osagyefo98:
lolzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

Enugu state is really backward.

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by Henri8: 11:28pm On May 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:

You are not a traveller

Thats the best state in the South-East

If Enugu is backward, What will you call Abia and Anambra? Buried?

Enugu is the most structured and Western oriented state in the East

Take that to the bank!
Abia and Anambra are not backward either
Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by LZAA: 11:35pm On May 17, 2019
Ahhhh
Ds mrkt that year o
042 kwenu

2 Likes

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by CaptainFM1: 12:25am On May 18, 2019
Yankiss:
What we would want to know is whether the Airport came after the market or vice versa. It is common place for government to site projects in the wrong places and later begin to encroach on the spaces of law abiding citizens. The closure of the market has also put on hold the income of many a home but our governments do not reckon with the effects of some of their actions. There should be palliatives. The suicide rate in Nigeria has skyrocketed due mainly to hardship and inability to make ends meet.

It doesn't matter whether the egg or the chicken comes first. What is important is if adequate compensation is given to affected parties. For development to occur anywhere in the world, things and especially people need to shift for one another.

5 Likes

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by AllenSpencer: 12:44am On May 18, 2019
SLAP44:

What about ibadan grin

Best browns in the southwest, take that to world bank.

Hello, No South Eastern state can stand at par with Oyo state

Thats a city you know? The South East has no city.

Am opened to constructive discussions

3 Likes

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by AllenSpencer: 12:47am On May 18, 2019
Henri8:

Abia and Anambra are not backward either

But Enugu leads? Do you accept that fact?

2 Likes

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by Elemosho478: 2:24am On May 18, 2019
SLAP44:

What about ibadan grin

This is Ibadan, Ibadan is more developed than any South East city, take that to World bank

1 Like

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by olalat(m): 2:33am On May 18, 2019
Elemosho478:

This is Ibadan, Ibadan is more developed than any South East city, take that to World bank
you get time to respond to idiots fah.

1 Like

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by mamatwiny(f): 3:47am On May 18, 2019
Yankee101:
Why build a state sponsored mast in the part of an airport's runway?

That mast has been there b4 1982.
That airport is slowly turning to a curse to ppl there. It was converted to Intl airport on paper and ppls land revoked without compensation, now this.

1 Like

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by anambraamaka: 4:47am On May 18, 2019
Nawa
Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by BeautifulMind2: 5:57am On May 18, 2019
Elemosho478:

I know Ibadan very well, I spent a year and two Months there, please can you name the streets in Ibadan

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by BeautifulMind2: 6:04am On May 18, 2019
Elemosho478:

If you're not ashamed of IB why posting fake pictures , t
Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by traihit: 6:52am On May 18, 2019
BeautifulMind2:
If you're not ashamed of IB why posting fake pictures , t

Everything all boils down to the fact that we like showing superiority and tribalism with which state is beautiful, which one is not. Ibadan is an ancient city with so many brown zinc and I can tell you that many of the houses you're looking at are either empty or going empty.
On the other hand, Ibadan is a city with so many exotic and luxurious houses offices, plazas, roads etc. It depends on the part of Ibadan that you want to see. You can't compare Ibadan and Enugu. Not because one is better than the other but because of the different status and people in the two places. I've lived im both cities well enough to know. Let's just stop this tribalism of a thing.

1 Like

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by BeautifulMind2: 7:04am On May 18, 2019
traihit:

[s]Everything all boils down to the fact that we like showing superiority and tribalism with which state is beautiful, which one is not. Ibadan is an ancient city with so many brown zinc and I can tell you that many of the houses you're looking at are either empty or going empty.
On the other hand, Ibadan is a city with so many exotic and luxurious houses offices, plazas, roads etc. It depends on the part of Ibadan that you want to see. You can't compare Ibadan and Enugu. Not because one is better than the other but because of the different status and people in the two places. I've lived im both cities well enough to know. Let's just stop this tribalism of a thing[/s]
No need for long story, where is these locations in Ibadan very simple question, Ibadan I know is very backward when compare to Enugu

4 Likes

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by centoqoh(m): 8:05am On May 18, 2019
NUJABEZ:
Orie Emene is an ancient market. Ukwu oji is also another settlement that was allowed to take shape.

I'll miss Orie. Rehab road, Nkwubor, Emene. LOL.

Hmm... Memories!

But if you've ever been in that Orie market when a plane is landing, you'd know tht d market is too close to d market. You'd think d plane is landing in the market. You'd see d tires, windows, everything!
Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by NUJABEZ: 8:06am On May 18, 2019
centoqoh:

Hmm... Memories!

But if you've ever been in that Orie market when a plane is landing, you'd know tht d market is too close to d market. You'd think d plane is landing in the market. You'd see d tires, windows, everything!

Lol. I grew up in Enugu, and yeah, that market is too close to the airport.
Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by traihit: 10:04am On May 18, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

No need for long story, where is these locations in Ibadan very simple question, Ibadan I know is very backward when compare to Enugu

You read what you choose to read and that shows the kind of education that you have.
I don't go about proving things to people when I know I really have it. I've advanced more than that. You should too if you're not feeling insecure.
Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by 9jaRealist: 6:55am On May 19, 2019
Yankiss:
What we would want to know is whether the Airport came after the market or vice versa. It is common place for government to site projects in the wrong places and later begin to encroach on the spaces of law abiding citizens. The closure of the market has also put on hold the income of many a home but our governments do not reckon with the effects of some of their actions. There should be palliatives. The suicide rate in Nigeria has skyrocketed due mainly to hardship and inability to make ends meet.

It doesn't matter, because the government has the constitutional power of Eminent Domain to acquire any land for public purposes...

Meanwhile, I am sure that the traders are likely to be relocated or compensated. Nevertheless, having a safe airport that investors and others can use will increase economic activity in Enugu State, create more jobs and put more money in the pockets of those traders' customers.

2 Likes

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by traihit: 10:13am On May 22, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

You only open your eyes to what you want to see. The shakers of the world are of the most quiet group.
Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by teufelein(f): 12:32pm On May 22, 2019
Never forget....

Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by Alejobs: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
A good deal can earn you a brother instead of just another customer
Re: Airport Safety: Enugu Govt Closes Orie Emene Market by Seetto: 6:17am On Jun 17, 2019
SLAP44:

What about ibadan grin

New Ibadan city shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi Visits Ureje Collapsed Bridge / Maina: I Have No Case To Answer / Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.