Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Nigeria Is Not Rich. A Must Read Nigeria Has A Smaller National Budget Than Alge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not Rich. A Must Read Nigeria Has A Smaller National Budget Than Alge (2746 Views)

2024 Budget: Debt Servicing To Gulp 31% Of National Budget / Video Of Buhari's Children Singing "We Go Blow National Budget" Trends / Senate Seeks 20% Of National Budget As Their Constituency Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Not Rich. A Must Read Nigeria Has A Smaller National Budget Than Alge by Tomide007: 9:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
@ Holyman3 This is relative, in my own opinion, Nigeria is rich, what we have is a reveue problem....we have the lowest revenue to GDP ratio in the world......take for instance we don't even know how much fuel we produce, NNPC will give you a figure, DPR has another figure...Gas is being flared in Nigeria....per day we flare gases worth over a billion naira just because NLNG does not have the capacity to process them and you know why (Corruption), when you pay for Land C of O, guess who embezzles the money (Staffs), for years Jamb and other institutions didnt remit any substantive money, tax should be paid on every new house in Nigeria, do we pay? Do Businessmen pay tax....I'm not talking of dangote and the likes but the millionaires that sell cows, cars etc......Nigeria has the second largest bitumen in the world after Canada its in Ondo/Edo states and it's left there untouched, we have gold and other mineral resources in various states but government used to earn next to nothing due to smuggling .....in my own opinion, i dont see us as a poor nation but a rich nation with revenue problem...Nigeria is the 28th biggest economy in the world (Nominal GDP), even bigger than a lot of European countries we just need to get out acts right.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Rich. A Must Read Nigeria Has A Smaller National Budget Than Alge by Tomide007: 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

Where did you get this idea that we have abundance of natural resources from
Of course we do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Rich. A Must Read Nigeria Has A Smaller National Budget Than Alge by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
Na wao Nigerians doesn't like the truth... When people compare Nigeria VS other developing African countries.. I laugh at their stupid comparison.. Common sense should tell anyone that Nigeria population is the main culprit in Nigeria problem..

Like it or not, the non-sensible ones out numbers the sensible ones.. And the non-sensible ones are giving birth daily while also voting for their fellow non-sensible to power..

We are left with few people who can think Clearly and most are moving into countries where they are valued..

Last last... We need another extra 100yrs to look like most countries that are developed today with people buhari in power.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Rich. A Must Read Nigeria Has A Smaller National Budget Than Alge by respect80(m): 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

Where did you get this idea that we have abundance of natural resources from

Well, this is just a case of individual opinion.

Aliko Dangote, Tinubu, Innoson, Ote$ etc may not consider having 500 million naira in their account to be enough money but trust me, there are others who will consider themselves to have arrived if they could get 50 million naira in their account so I don't know the level of resources you consider enough on your own side but I know that with what Nigeria has as it is, there are other nations (set of human beings) who would have done better with what 9ja has on ground.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Rich. A Must Read Nigeria Has A Smaller National Budget Than Alge by Ovamboland(m): 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
GreyLaw:

With the set of criminals we have had, and still have, and would most likely continue ton have as leaders, even $80bn will not suffice for uninterrupted power supply; they'll loot it and use one-third for the project.

We need that $80bn every year for the next 10 years and beyond to guarantee uninterrupted power supply but we are still crying over $16bn invested over 12 years ago
Re: Nigeria Is Not Rich. A Must Read Nigeria Has A Smaller National Budget Than Alge by Ovamboland(m): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:
With a gdp of about $400billion we should easily be getting $75billion and above for our budget.Why is the government so inept at revenue generation.Everything about this country is just spoil sad

But most Nigerians cry about VAT increase, transactions charges, toll gate etc as they were paying any meaningful taxes.
They just don't understand these facts, that we are going nowhere if govt revenue is not substantially increased and then properly directed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Earmarks N6bn For Cargo Airport / In The Igbos I See The Future Of Africa- Artur Alves Pereira / Omo Agege Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.