Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) (5012 Views)

10 Ways Young Ladies Act When They See A Handsome Guy They Like. / What Kind Of Sex Style Will They Like? Photo Included / Why Are Women Not Ashamed To Expose Their Bodies?(Explicit pic)Viewer discretion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 18, 2019
I bet you all have heard of the abortion issues now.
Abortion refers to the premature end or termination of a pregnancy after implantation of the fertilized ovum in the uterus and before fetal viability or the point in fetal development at which a fetus can survive outside a woman’s womb without life support.

I strongly believe in the right of the modern woman to absolute control of what she can do with her body. She is free to decide what she wants and don't want, but after conception things change slightly.

When a woman becomes pregnant it's no longer her body but a two person effort, and one extra life at stake, the child ( I do know the levels of embryonic growth, and developmental classification; I am a pharmacist wink )

And I still hold that clinically sanctioned abortions ( rape , medical issues , genetic and life threatening situations ) are important.
But she alone can't be allowed to decide the fate of the child alone, as it's no longer her alone.

What are your opinion guys ?

1 Share

Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Timmypromise(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2019
Murderers
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by BLUEJAYY: 1:24pm On May 18, 2019
For the first trimester I think she can do whatever she wants to do about it, but beyond that she must realize that it's a human inside of her and she can't just flush it out except of course on grounds of health risks to her or the baby which is the only reason, I think justifiable for abortion at that stage of pregnancy.

I wouldn't keep a foetus that's threatening my life, neither would I give birth to a physically, mentally or genetically deformed baby. If I were a woman, that is.

3 Likes

Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 18, 2019
Chineke
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by megaxart(m): 5:24pm On May 18, 2019
I feel like the woman has a right to abort the child in cases of rape, or where having the child could lead to complications for the mother and or child.
I think in cases of abortion shouldn't be allowed once the foetus has a heart beat as I feel that's when we can all agree that it's a living being and not a glob of cells. If a woman engages in Consensual sex I don't think she should have the right to abort the child after it has a heartbeat as long as it does not have a treat to her life or that of the babies after birth.
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by DesChyko: 7:39pm On May 18, 2019
That sight is pitiable.
But I strongly believe it's totally a woman's decision to choose to have a baby.
And if there is need to convince her, it should be done by the man responsible for the pregnancy, giving here strong reasons why they need the baby in their lives together as man and wife. undecided
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by LarryBee1k: 8:59pm On May 18, 2019
Apart from religion reason. Abortion should be encouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by CAPSLOCKED: 9:16pm On May 18, 2019
Amakavula:
I bet you all have heard of the abortion issues now.

I strongly believe in the right of the modern woman to absolute control of what she can do with her body. She is free to decide what she wants and don't want, but after conception things change slightly.

When a woman becomes pregnant it's no longer her body but a two person effort, and one extra life at stake, the child ( I do know the levels of embryonic growth, and developmental classification; I am a pharmacist wink )

And I still hold that clinically sanctioned abortions ( rape , medical issues , genetic and life threatening situations ) are important.
But she alone can't be allowed to decide the fate of the child alone, as it's no longer her alone.

What are your opinion guys ?

SO SHE SHOULD FORM A COMMITTEE WITH HER RAPIST TO DETERMINE WHAT TO DO WITH THE PREGNANCY?

ANYWAY PEOPLE WILL SAY ANYTHING JUST TO JUSTIFY THE THINGS THEY WANT EVEN IF IT MEANS SPEAKING WITHOUT LOGIC.

4 Likes

Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Makz: 9:31pm On May 18, 2019
When it gets to FP
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by BeardedKarma(m): 9:41pm On May 18, 2019
I'll start by stating that i don't identify as either pro-life or pro-choice. It simply means you can't tag me. Also, i'm in Abuja, if you don't agree with me, you can come and convert me here.

Now, what a woman decides to do with an embryo in her womb is completely her decision to make. People abort children for many reasons. Some for medical reasons, others just down to bad timing, while a whole different group entirely down to unfortunate situations.

If at conception, something goes wrong at the cellular level and somewhere along the line, the embryo develops defects and the doctors notice it early. Defects that certainly mean the child might die before the birth or right after birth...what happens then? Do you ask the mother to keep the child? Go through the pains of completing the whole nine months, all these while developing stronger bonds with the embryo only for it to be born deformed and die afterwards?

What about a feotus diagnosed with a terminal illness or a severe defect that would make the childs live a misery if born..a living hell both to the parents and to the child himself.

Or a mother suffering from a physical or mental condition that could endanger her life if the pregnancy is continued.

What about in cases where there is a high probability that a woman’s pregnancy will result in her death (as in the case of a tubal pregnancy. What do you say then? I say it is a greater good that one human should live (the mother) rather than two die (the mother and her child). Or, to put it another way, in such cases the intent is not to kill the unborn (though that is an unfortunate effect) but to save the life of the mother.

What about in cases of RAPE. A group of filthy, disease carrying idiots go an their evil mission and rape a woman. She conceives from this incidence and doesn't want to keep the baby for many reasons. One, the child is a bastard. The father (fathers) is unknown, which in some way poses an issue of identity, in some case a sense of belonging. Two, the woman becomes infected and the childis too with HIV. What do you say in a situation like that? Go on and carry through to term and deliver the child. Thirdly, this child if delivered might never get the love of the mother. Most rape victims end up hating the children that come out of such circumstances. They refuse to love them, touch them or even breastfeed them.

The right to decide what you do with your body in all totality does not mean that People can go sleeping around, and unprotected because there is the option of abortion. It just isn’t your way out! For women who get pregnant by sheer carelessness and argue for abortion…for women who demand complete control of their body and their right to make the choice for abortion, i argue that they are wrong in some way. I say that your control should begin and include preventing the risk of unwanted pregnancy through the responsible use of contraception or, if that is not possible, through abstinence. (Although in some cases, women who have come for abortion will say it was due to failed contraceptive and they tried!)

Finally it falls on the woman to make a decision. I couldn’t possibly make that decision for any woman when i don’t bear the burden she bears, i don’t feel the pain she feels, the weight of the load she carries, i don’t know what tremendous pressure she’s under, i barely know her story.

Shalom!
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Nobody: 12:47am On May 19, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

SO SHE SHOULD FORM A COMMITTEE WITH HER RAPIST TO DETERMINE WHAT TO DO WITH THE PREGNANCY?

ANYWAY PEOPLE WILL SAY ANYTHING JUST TO JUSTIFY THE THINGS THEY WANT EVEN IF IT MEANS SPEAKING WITHOUT LOGIC.
If you don't understand learn to ask, stop quoting me , and lose the caps lock, hurts my eyes.
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Nobody: 12:54am On May 19, 2019
embarassed

I've decided not to put mouth in this lady's matter again. She's been through a lot already. If you like, abort all your eggs or even suffer eggs deficit, it's none of my business.

[img]https://media./images/1800972aa3c1cec0ec2c5609205262af/tenor.gif[/img]

No offence pls
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Nobody: 2:52am On May 19, 2019
Abortion shouldn't be illegal, also that doesn't mean one can terminate life whenever she wants, some actions in life require in depth reasoning not just to one self but as to how it'll affect others

I think a limit should be set for this kinda thing like how old the pregnancy has been
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by careytommy37(m): 5:09am On May 19, 2019
CAMP: How Progressives Use Logical Fallacies To Change The Abortion Debate

With the recent passage of anti-abortion bills in states like Georgia and Alabama, many progressive politicians and commentators have taken to social media in protest. These individuals rarely argue on the merits of the issue at hand, but pivot to peripheral debates, set up straw men, or employ other logical fallacies.

Such is the case with author and commentator Matthew Dowd, who sent out the following tweet on Wednesday: "One of my younger brothers sent this out to his nine living siblings today. He is a doctor, by the way. And we all grew up Irish Catholic. And I agree with him totally: "We should pass a woman’s heartbeat law: if a woman has a heartbeat, you can’t tell her what to do with her g**damn body, ever."

Dowd’s tweet is what’s known as an "appeal to false authority." Logically Fallacious has perhaps the best definition of this particular fallacy:

Using an alleged authority as evidence in your argument when the authority is not really an authority on the facts relevant to the argument.

Dowd’s tweet contains two appeals to false authority.

First, Dowd mentions that his brother, who sent the message, is a doctor. This is meant to imply that his brother is an authority regarding all things having to do with the human body. Therefore, if Dowd’s brother states that a law pertaining to abortion is bad, immoral, or otherwise unacceptable, who has the medical and social credentials to challenge him?

Second, Dowd notes that his family "grew up Irish Catholic." This is meant to imply that he and his siblings have more experience with pro-life apologetics than most others. Therefore, if Dowd and his siblings oppose the new laws from Georgia and Alabama, what argument could a pro-life individual possibly present that they haven’t already heard and discredited?

Both of these appeals sidestep the actual arguments at the heart of these laws, which are:

When does life begin?
Is a fetus less human than a post-birth infant by virtue of the fact that it’s developing inside another person?
Does development dictate humanity?
Is abortion ethically acceptable?

These are questions that abortion supporters don’t like to answer.

While the pro-life movement believes that life begins at conception (and science backs that up), the pro-abortion movement often sets the arbitrary standard of "viability." Such a standard is indeed arbitrary because "viability" not only changes where technology changes, but it can vary from person to person.

The "viability" argument is linked to the next question. If a fetus is less human because it is dependent on another for survival, there are numerous children and adults who are also less human. Infants and young children depend on their parents or guardians to feed them, clothe them, and keep them safe. Those with moderate to severe physical and mental disabilities depend on caretakers, doctors, and sometimes machines to survive. Those in a coma also survive only with the help of others.

Further, if development dictates humanity, if a fetus is less human because it is less developed physically and mentally than an infant, a toddler, a teenager, or an adult, where does the right to terminate end? Does a 35-year-old have the right to call for the termination of a teenager because the teenager is not as far along in their life cycle? Is the 35-year-old justified in calling a teenager "less human," and therefore of less value to the species? It may seem farcical, yet that’s what’s being said of the pre-born.

Considering the above points, how can one claim that abortion is ethically acceptable? They cannot.

These are the arguments that those in the pro-abortion movement do not want to have. Instead, they pivot, or indulge in feel-good logical fallacies such as appealing to false authority in order to protect their glass castle.

When debating those in the pro-abortion movement, do not let them pivot. Do not let them engage in fallacious arguments. Keep them on point, and you will have a chance to alter their perception.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47400/camp-how-progressives-use-logical-fallacies-change-frank-camp
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Nobody: 6:01am On May 19, 2019
Ladies are the number one serial killers on earth. Funny how they only murder the defenceless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Nobody: 6:03am On May 19, 2019
Debramaye:
Abortion shouldn't be illegal,

Muderer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by KingLennon(m): 6:36am On May 19, 2019
If God treats Abortion as Murder then many girls walking on this earth are serial killers.
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by Failure44: 6:42am On May 19, 2019
There's nothing wrong with abortion.
If you want a child, have it.
If you don't want one then abort it.
Would you prefer to have a child you can't maintain while you both live in poverty and suffering?
I support abortion!

2 Likes

Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by PLATO1U(m): 6:52am On May 19, 2019
In european countries
Abortion should be done at the will of the woman carrying the pregnancy. For a lot of reason, posing a risk to her health or the health of the foetus-but can be done between 1st-2nd trimester.

In Africa abortion is murder!
Re: Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) by rex444(m): 7:36am On May 19, 2019
Am speechless but somehow this seems to be a hard nut to crack.....to each their opinion

(1) (Reply)

Is She Tired Of Me / So You Think You Are Romantic / Nairalanders. My Elder Bro Just Caught Me Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.