Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? (404 Views)

Should A Man Be Forced To Marry A Lady He Impregnated By Mistake? / Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? / I Need A Young, Dark Skinned, Wealthy Igbo man for Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 18, 2019
I just saw this on a Facebook group and decided to share with you guys here. So what do you think?

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/05/must-man-be-wealthy-before-he-write-his.html?m=1

Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 18, 2019
Mods please do the needful
Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by Omihanifa: 1:49pm On May 18, 2019
Which kind question be this nah undecided If you no get money or assets, wetin you wan come write inside the will undecided

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by thesicilian: 2:03pm On May 18, 2019
Don't have to be extremely wealthy before you write a will, as long as you have something worth giving out to someone or worth fighting for.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by Mariangeles(f): 2:11pm On May 18, 2019
collinsuchendu:
I just saw this on a Facebook group and decided to share with you guys here. So what do you think?

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/05/must-man-be-wealthy-before-he-write-his.html?m=1
It mustn't be about properties .
One can still write their last wish/ message too.
Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by IamD18: 3:46pm On May 18, 2019
Unless the man want to write will on who to inherit his boxers, singlets and slippers angry

Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by Jayslicky: 3:48pm On May 18, 2019
First we have to know the terms you define as wealthy, a person may be wealthy to you but not to me.

Anyone can write a will, there is no person who doesn't have atleast one property whether it's clothes, houses, money, shares, lands, jewelleries, books, position(in the case of mornachy), jets, cars etc but the question to be asked is if this properties are divisible.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by Uyi168: 4:16pm On May 18, 2019
If there are no monies and property to be inherited,of what use is will??
Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by babyfaceafrica: 4:39pm On May 18, 2019
not necessarily... you can will few things you have and give them farewell message
Re: Must A Man Be Wealthy Before He Can Write His Will? by Richy4(m): 7:08pm On May 18, 2019
In my opinion, It's not compulsory that one has to be wealthy before drafting a will..

For example... One(student ) can decide who should inherit his or her text books...It could be a son, Daughter, Family relative or friend that he/she knows that's gonna be useful to...

Pets... Some might not be rich but owns pets like dogs and cats etc... while alive they know whom in the family / friends that can look after those pets and decides to will it to them...

Shoes. .shirts, dresses.. suits...Handbags ... wristwatch lovers... if one is single, there must be this particular friend of yours for example that like one Handbag.. Dress.. suit or wristwatch that u own.... if u like him/her, U can always say on your demise.. Mr X or miss Y must have that...

It is also important for singles to draft their Wills too.. for Example... Some people got friends whom they really relied on...... Besides some friends are better than Brothers..... if in the event that due to some circumstances the person passed on, and there's a will in place.. that friend will not loose out.. he/ she will have something to remember u by.. it could be Novels, watches... Laptops etc... That's because you want him or her to have that instead of everything going to the immediate family...

I know this is gonna be hard for every day Nigerian to swallow... I also know that my God forbid/not my portion crew are gearing up to say it ... But everyone knows that if it didn't happen today then it's been postponed for another day... but it must happen someday...

So no matter what you have, every one on this planet got something that they value and cherish... So in the event of one's demise, it feels kinda right to state whom you want that particular thing u loved so much to go to... Not only when you have landed properties, Shares, Fat account or cars that u must draft a will...

(1) (Reply)

COME IN HERE If You Reside Outside Lagos But Buy/wish To Buy From Lagos / Life Partner / Back To School Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.