Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? (880 Views)

Should A Man Be Forced To Marry A Lady He Impregnated By Mistake? / Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Cuterboy(m): 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
Men cook, we know! And some cook very well because they were properly taught by their mothers or fathers. Mothers teach their boys to cook because they don’t want any girl to make iyanga for their sons.
Yet why is it that when we see a man cooking for his lady, it looks special or even abnormal? We throw jibes at the lady, asking her what she is there for while her husband is cooking. We question the manhood of the man asking if he belongs in the kitchen.

A newly wedded couple, who are hopelessly in love with each other, go to the market to buy vegetables, meat and pepper. The market women start to shame the man by asking what he is doing in the market following the woman. Could it be that he is trying to monitor how the wife spends money, they ask.

We tie the total worth of the woman to performance in the kitchen and if peradventure, her husband cooks better, we say, “And you are a woman o!“

There are homes in Nigeria where the wife is indifferent towards cooking or hates cooking and the husband gladly makes the meals in the home. You know they exist, I know it too.

There are families that whenever they intend on entertaining visitors, the husband cooks before the visitors arrive. But the wife serves when the visitors arrives. Thus creating the illusion that Madam has done them well when the truth is that Oga is the one deserving of the praises.
In Nigeria, we attach so much importance to a woman’s performance in the kitchen. It is surprising how Nigerian women are not clinching all the international cooking competition prizes.

Don’t get me wrong, food is important. Everybody loves a palatable cuisine. But using that to determine a woman’s worth is total nonsense and should be treated as such.

If women were made to be custodians of the kitchens, God would have sent them to the world with a ladle in one hand and Knorr cubes in the other

Continue Reading...@ https://9jababa.com/cooking-why-should-the-man-be-in-the-kitchen/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nigerians are so far behind in many things and learning to mind their businesses is one of it. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by LewsTherin: 9:30am On Jun 12, 2020
My wife and I go shopping together. In the early days when we always had to go to the local market, is it wierd that we never got any negative reception from the market women? They tended to give my wife more respect and whenever I had to go alone, I was generally fetted over.

So I take exception to your comment that the market woman
"shame the man by asking what he is doing in the market following the woman. Could it be that he is trying to monitor how the wife spends money, they ask."

7 Likes

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by bukatyne(f): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2020
@market:

Some women think it wierd their husbands going with them to the market or men going at all.

Some actually 'fought' their husbands for it.

Some market women subtly mock men especially those who look old enough to be married.

Some women think it is OK when men are cheated in the market: they should get a wife or leave her to come to market alone.

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by sisisioge: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2020
I'm sorry I can't be reading all of this...you've got to make up your mind on what you want. A traditional or modern woman? Before you do, get familiar with the characteristics of a traditional woman versus modern woman. Nice you're clear, by God make your choice.

Meanwhile, I'm in search of a previously owned 1-1.5HP affordable inverter AC in pristine condition. Please mention me if you have one in Lagos. Budget is around 70kThank you! May the good Lord bless you grin

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Cuterboy(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2020
bukatyne:
@market:

Some market women subtly mock men especially those who look old enough to be married.

Like me...
Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by bukatyne(f): 9:52am On Jun 12, 2020
LewsTherin:
My wife and I go shopping together. In the early days when we always had to go to the local market , is it wierd that we never got any negative reception from the market women? They tended to give my wife more respect and whenever I had to go alone, I was generally fetted over.

@bold:

We used to go to the local market together when we just got married.

Lasted a few weeks: he was seriously cramping my style.

We still do monthly grocery shopping together and he has given up on my style. cheesy
Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by bukatyne(f): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2020
Cuterboy:

Like me...

Sorry o.

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by LewsTherin: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

We used to go to the local market together when we just got married.

Lasted a few weeks: he was seriously cramping my style.

We still do monthly grocery shopping together and he has given up on my style. cheesy

In our early days when we ALWAYS had to go to the LOCAL markets.

Now, Baba God has picked my call. I do shopping malls and online markets. I can't identify a local market if the gate is slammed on my face right now cool

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by LewsTherin: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

he was seriously cramping my style.

and he has given up on my style. cheesy

Wise man. He will live long! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by merieam16(f): 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
LewsTherin:

In our early days when we ALWAYS had to go to the LOCAL markets.

Now, Baba God has picked my call. I do shopping malls and online markets. I can't identify a local market if the gate is slammed on my face right now cool
hmm. yimu

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Ugaboy: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
I dönt give any bleep over any human thought over how i live my life with a woman i call my wife...i will find very romatic if for sometimes we going to market together, price and bargain some item, rack jokes and smile back home. prepare the meal in the kitchen together...personally i love cooking as a man...cooking sometime while my woman watch aint a bad idea...since we are entitle to each other, responsibility at home and away should be equal.
WHEN IT COMES TO ME BLEEP DIA GOTDAMN IDEOLOGY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by lilyheaven: 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Cuterboy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
lilyheaven:

But I cook more than my husband but he can negotiate goods more than me.
So he does the purchase while I do the cooking.

If he is providing the money, then i think once in a while, a man should negotiate the food items. This way he remains current with the turn of events in the country. He will then know if to ask his boss for pay upgrade or find a better job. But first, his wife must understand that these negotiations doesn't mean he is being stingy with funds.

https://www.9jababa.com

I like to think that i cook better than my wife but when it comes to large scale cookings sha...i surrender!

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by lilyheaven: 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Cuterboy:

If he is providing the money, then i think once in a while, a man should negotiate the food items. This way he remains current with the turn of events in the country. He will then know if to ask his boss for pay upgrade or find a better job. But first, his wife must understand that these negotiations doesn't mean he is being stingy with funds.

https://www.9jababa.com
Yeah
Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by ibkayee(f): 1:14am On Jun 13, 2020
My mum didn't cook when she started dating my dad, there was a time when her friend suggested that she prepare a meal for my mum to pass as her own, to give my dad on his first visit or something but my mum declined because she gave no f*cks lol and he ended up cooking for her when he got there instead hahaha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 13, 2020
I find it nauseating to even imagine myself being in the kitchen, that's her job not mine, I don't like house chores either.
Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 13, 2020
Every rational adult should know how to cook. If you can eat, you should know how to prepare your own meals.
Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by OgwuEgo: 10:25am On Jun 13, 2020
Match made in heaven.
ibkayee:
My mum didn't cook when she started dating my dad, there was a time when her friend suggested that she prepare a meal for my mum to pass as her own, to give my dad on his first visit or something but my mum declined because she gave no f*cks lol and he ended up cooking for her when he got there instead hahaha

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by cooooooks(m): 10:36am On Jun 13, 2020
Many people look down on market and other working women.

They don't know that those are the biggest feminists. Those are the people who believe in equality by what they do and not just what they say.

LewsTherin:
My wife and I go shopping together. In the early days when we always had to go to the local market, is it wierd that we never got any negative reception from the market women? They tended to give my wife more respect and whenever I had to go alone, I was generally fetted over.

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
ibkayee:

Your mum is my spirit animal lol grin

1 Like

Re: Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? by ibkayee(f): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
fieryy:

Your mum is my spirit animal lol grin
Lol she’s a character sha cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Must Be Done To Secure This Marriage... / Flat Mate Needed In Lekki Axis / Help!at What Age Can I Leave My Parents House? Am Tired!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.