Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) (33428 Views)

Remembering Sam Okwaraji: 31 Years After His Death / In Remembrance Of Sam Okwaraji: 5 Facts About Nigeria’s Football Martyr / Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by pchiz: 6:19am On May 19, 2019
Naija going places
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Mcreloaded(m): 6:22am On May 19, 2019
Samuel Okwaragi a professor he came to play for Nigeria, as he was playing he just fell down, that's the end of his life, Okwaragi may your soul rest in perfect peace, Okwaragi may your soul rest in perfect peace.

Thanks Google

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by davillian(m): 6:24am On May 19, 2019
rentAcock:
While growing up, we were told the legendary story of Samuel Okwaraji the Nigerian player who lost his life after scoring our only goal in the 99-1 match against India. You see, India was beating us 99-0 simply because they used jazz that turned the ball into lions whenever the Nigerian players tried to score. Nigeria needed to score just one goal to win the match and Samuel Okwaraji was the only one to courageous enough to put the ball behind their net but he died instantly as a result. I know doctors will always conjure some fancy diagnosis to explain his sudden death but in the hearts of many Nigerians, Samuel Okwaraji died a legend.
I also believed this story lmao
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Nobody: 6:25am On May 19, 2019
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by showafrica(m): 6:31am On May 19, 2019
daddytime:
This is so cool and touching.

God bless you guys Google for remembering this selfless legend of ours.

Keep resting on the learned one.

Nigeria no care... If you die serving Nigeria, you died in vain
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by FGodsgift(m): 6:34am On May 19, 2019
Samuel, the greatest hero lives on
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by landmark86: 6:36am On May 19, 2019
rentAcock:
While growing up, we were told the legendary story of Samuel Okwaraji the Nigerian player who lost his life after scoring our only goal in the 99-1 match against India. You see, India was beating us 99-0 simply because they used jazz that turned the ball into lions whenever the Nigerian players tried to score. Nigeria needed to score just one goal to win the match and Samuel Okwaraji was the only one to courageous enough to put the ball behind their net but he died instantly as a result. I know doctors will always conjure some fancy diagnosis to explain his sudden death but in the hearts of many Nigerians, Samuel Okwaraji died a legend.

I love stories like this, infact they give me an erection. In 1994, another legend made history by scoring against Bulgaria in the 20th minute at cotton bowl stadium Dallas. Rashidi Yekini became the first Nigerian player to score in the World Cup.

Indomie generation

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by bubykay01: 6:47am On May 19, 2019
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Okwaraji

He died in Lagos

rentAcock:

I love stories like this, infact they give me an erection. In 1994, another legend made history by scoring against Bulgaria in the 20th minute at cotton bowl stadium Dallas. Rashidi Yekini became the first Nigerian player to score in the World Cup.
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Divepen1(m): 6:51am On May 19, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
I just checked google now, didn't see anything like that
It's a google doodle
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by coputa(m): 7:03am On May 19, 2019
Divepen1:
It's a google doodle
Google doodle is a temporary alteration of Google logo to comemorate events, birthdays,anniversaries etc, it's temporary, it must have been removed.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by BleedTears: 7:05am On May 19, 2019
rentAcock:

That line is so true and it happens all the time.

Medical Doctors and Science are so deceitful. Always Conjures one big English but those who know, Knows

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by oluplus(m): 7:06am On May 19, 2019
Princedapace:
Nice one Google. Funny how Google helped us to do what we should have done..

Nairalanders, a very good friend of mine is doing her PhD and she needs our help. She needs us to help answer her survey questions which is part of her course requirements. It is an online survey from university of Florida and it won't take more than five minutes of your time.
Pls, let help a sister to meet part of her course requirements. If you are led and you care to help, simply visit the survey form here:

Hello dear. I am conducting a study to test the role of chemists or road side drug sellers in determining drug competency in Nigeria. Please follow this link and help me take a quick survey https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0jNcmnnAygN1BYx

Thank you so much for your help.

Done
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Evince(m): 7:07am On May 19, 2019
rentAcock:

ur growing up is full of fictional lies

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by BravoDe: 7:14am On May 19, 2019
rentAcock:

Is this sarcasm or u believed that moonlight tales?
Omg!! Is google banned in ur area?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Delfinopeters: 7:18am On May 19, 2019
Your name lives on

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by bellooyin(f): 7:19am On May 19, 2019
ALAYORMII:
Ohhhh Okwarajiiiii

That song that year
oooohh okawarajiiii ooooh okawajii iwo nikan lo wo baba, iwo nikan lo wo mama, to ba gba boloo loru Ko gee won le ge ara

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by BiafraIsFree: 7:19am On May 19, 2019
What if he was killed by envious Yoruba friends in Lagos stadium for been a Biafran.

Whatever way Igbo, Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw and all the other Biafrans died, we will remember you on 30th May Sit-At-Home Biafra remembrance day.

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2019
coputa:
Google doodle is a temporary alteration of Google logo to comemorate events, birthdays,anniversaries etc, it's temporary, it must have been removed.
Just checked now, it is still there.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Nobody: 7:21am On May 19, 2019
Thank you guys for remembering dis hero.
In our country,governments don't remember heroes. They don't even honour our dead gallant soldiers who fought tirelessly in d desert with just a little ammunition.They don't give a dem a proper burial. As I am talking to u now,our blood sucking president is in Saudi Arabia running helplessly and entertaining Saudis with his lifeless body.
Thank you all and God bless u

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:22am On May 19, 2019
Princedapace:
Nice one Google. Funny how Google helped us to do what we should have done..

Nairalanders, a very good friend of mine is doing her PhD and she needs our help. She needs us to help answer her survey questions which is part of her course requirements. It is an online survey from university of Florida and it won't take more than five minutes of your time.
Pls, let help a sister to meet part of her course requirements. If you are led and you care to help, simply visit the survey form here:

Hello dear. I am conducting a study to test the role of chemists or road side drug sellers in determining drug competency in Nigeria. Please follow this link and help me take a quick survey https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0jNcmnnAygN1BYx

Thank you so much for your help.

Done!
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by gidimafia: 7:37am On May 19, 2019
Who elsewent to check google again just.becos of this this post??..gather there
BuhariIsBURIED:
I just checked google now, didn't see anything like that
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by AreaFada2: 7:40am On May 19, 2019
vastolord4:
Legend... haven't heard of any of his family members, hope the government remembers a fallen hero like him
According to news some years back govt did little for his family. They went to interview his elderly mum and relatives. You know how 9ja govt never fulfil promises. When they do anything, it's always sporadic and at times decades later.

Some medal winners in various international games are still waiting for houses and other benefits promised.
As a Buhari critic, I can say this is one area he has performed at least a little bit. Better than most before him. At least from the news we hear. Assuming there is no Lai Mohammed spin to them o.

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 7:44am On May 19, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:

Done!

Thank you so much. I'm really happy with the support here. Thank you guys.
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Indomie001: 7:44am On May 19, 2019
ALAYORMII:
Ohhhh Okwarajiiiii

That song that year
too emotional cry

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 7:45am On May 19, 2019
oluplus:

Done

God bless you. I'm super excited with the love. Thank you.
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by equityadeoti(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2019
Oh okpwaraji... Iwo nikan lowo papa, iwo nikan lowo mama, ti won ba gba boolu lorun ko ge won lege ara.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Horus(m): 7:52am On May 19, 2019
Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Zimmermann(m): 7:55am On May 19, 2019
WE DON'T EVEN CELEBRATE OUR OWN...SMH undecided
Re: Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) by Kennyideal(m): 7:59am On May 19, 2019
You mean Sam OPARAJI grin
rentAcock:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating / Emmanuel Dennis Becomes 3rd Nigerian To Score Vs Real Madrid In Champions League / Liverpool Dominate UEFA Award Shortlist - See Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.