Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) (35415 Views)

Burnaboy Arrives Ghana Ahead Of “boxing Match” With Shatta Wale (photos) / Efia Odo Threatens Suicide After Alleged 3some With Shatta Wale And Junior US / Hushpuppi Fell Down During Fight In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nobody: 9:53am On May 19, 2019
Nanatrendy:
pls don't go and say this anywhere antenna is not a dancehall song its in afro pop/ hiplife category.

I get you but one thing you must know is that the whole genre of African music is confused while the musicians themselves don't know the type of music they do neither do they really stay in their genre they claim they represent, under a single genre in Africa, you will see different styles yet all of them claiming same genre, everything is just confused.
Afro beat today, reggae tomorrow, american hiphop at another time. There is no standard way to categorize African genre apart from generally calling them all african hip hop. And what Shatta Wale himself does cannot be regarded as a Jamaican dancehall song. He's just singing some confused music genre. I always regard all contemporary African song as simply african hip hop (rap, party track or whatever) and the slow as African rnb. It's a waste of time trying to categorize them into all the nonsense afro pop, afro beat etc. It can never follow.
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nobody: 9:56am On May 19, 2019
Nanatrendy:
he appeals to those in the streets and ghetto the messages in his music appeals to them he doesn't do hip hop I won't fault you because it seems every musician in your country is doing one genre so you can't differenciate, I must admit he s got some good tracks and he is talented, he actually writes his own music and is lively on stage but I will choose stonebwoy over him anyday and anytime. And he definitely does not deserve artist of the year this year because other artists such as kuami eugene worked harder than he did.

If you say his ghetto message appeals, i agree with you but if you say he's talented, i won't agree with that. He really knows how to play and use Ghanaians' emotions to his advantage, he's just a smart guy while you all will think he's really talented.
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Kurumaru: 9:57am On May 19, 2019
AllenSpencer:

You aint know Shatta man!

Nigeria has NO dance-hall artiste that can stand at par with him.

Great artiste, bad personality
U are very correct "great artist, bad personality"..
Naija no get dance hall artist na... I give it to Ghanaians.., whenever I hear Ghana dancehall ehn..my Belle dey sweet me.. Those guys are great..
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nobody: 10:01am On May 19, 2019
Nanatrendy:
there is a Ghanaian version of dancehall same way theres a Ghanaian version of hip hop which is hiplife so of course it cannot be the same as Jamaicans do. Ghanaian dancehall used to be recognised as hiplife in the early days like the 90s and that was what Samini and Co were doing so there is still the hiplife flow in Ghanaian dancehall but they do drop hardcore dancehall and reggae tracks as well that is close to what Jamaicans do.

You see, that's what i was telling you earlier, so called african genre is a confused stuff. The only few african genres that are easy to sort is for example the awilo from congo because of the beat. When you hear awilo in your sleep, you know what its is. It's hard to generally categorize African songs. American/white, Indian, Jamaican Ragae genres are easy to categorize than african genre and the reason is that blacks songs are mixture of borrowed white genre with the indigenous african styles.
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nanatrendy(f): 10:02am On May 19, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

If you say his ghetto message appeals, i agree with you but if you say he's talented, i won't agree with that. He really knows how to play and use Ghanaians' emotions to his advantage, he's just a smart guy while you all will think he's really talented.
that's true he's a drama queen and it's suprisinly working for him, it keeps him in the news always left for me alone he would be ignored but truth be told he is talented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nobody: 10:08am On May 19, 2019
Nanatrendy:
that's true he's a drama queen and it's suprisinly working for him, it keeps him in the news always left for me alone he would be ignored but truth be told he is talented.

Alright if you say he is talented, i won't dispute again, but i do really know he's just a smart Nigga.
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by bb7Ewelikeb79: 10:10am On May 19, 2019
hiann

@@@@@>>
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nanatrendy(f): 10:17am On May 19, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

I get you but one thing you must know is that the whole genre of African music is confused while the musicians themselves don't know the type of music they do neither do they really stay in their genre they claim they represent, under a single genre in Africa, you will see different styles yet all of them claiming same genre, everything is just confused.
Afro beat today, reggae tomorrow, american hiphop at another time. There is no standard way to categorize African genre apart from generally calling them all african hip hop. And what Shatta Wale himself does cannot be regarded as a Jamaican dancehall song. He's just singing some confused music genre. I always regard all contemporary African song as simply african hip hop (rap, party track or whatever) and the slow as African rnb. It's a waste of time trying to categorize them into all the nonsense afro pop, afro beat etc. It can never follow.
ok I get you but I don't know if your musicians are confusing you but in ghana there are clear cut genres and they are done in a way that will appeal to their market once awhile they may want to try their hand s on other genres but always have one genre they are dominant in. If you take sarkodie for eg everyone knows he does rap but has some good highlife tracks where he tries to sing but that doesn't meant he's no longer belongs to the hip hop genre. Even in us rnb musicians switch to pop and hip hop every now and then so it's acceptable so long as the individual is dominant in one genre
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nobody: 10:38am On May 19, 2019
Nanatrendy:
ok I get you but I don't know if your musicians are confusing you but in ghana there are clear cut genres and they are done in a way that will appeal to their market once awhile they may want to try their hand s on other genres but always have one genre they are dominant in. If you take sarkodie for eg everyone knows he does rap but has some good highlife tracks where he tries to sing but that doesn't meant he's no longer belongs to the hip hop genre. Even in us rnb musicians switch to pop and hip hop every now and then so it's acceptable so long as the individual is dominant in one genre

Yea, i get you, perhaps Ghanaian are more aware of their genres more than Nigerians. The only clear cut genre i can really agree with in Nigeria is the Afrobeat which was popularized by fella. It's easy to sort afrobeat, any other type of song are just nothing but African hip hop. Moreover, the son of Fella recently disagreed with the type of music we call afrobeats these days. So, i don't waste my time on the shiitty African genres.

However, like the Nigerian Fuji now is a unique unambiguous genre, you will surely know fuji when you hear fuji. The only thing is that such genres are more like local or tribal genre, not even 50% of Nigerians know what fuji is because it's from just from a single tribe and not the whole country, other Nigerian tribes too have their local ambiguous genres.

So, apart from the local genres, the general african classifications are just mere shiit.
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by bb8Ezesinachi: 12:11pm On May 19, 2019
Okay

@@@@@>>
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by tokrizy: 12:47pm On May 19, 2019
Nanatrendy:
so?
Ghanaians are kinda funny to me..funny people
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 19, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

Yea, i get you, perhaps Ghanaian are more aware of their genres more than Nigerians. The only clear cut genre i can really agree with in Nigeria is the Afrobeat which was popularized by fella. It's easy to sort afrobeat, any other type of song are just nothing but African hip hop. Moreover, the son of Fella recently disagreed with the type of music we call afrobeats these days. So, i don't waste my time on the shiitty African genres.

However, like the Nigerian Fuji now is a unique unambiguous genre, you will surely know fuji when you hear fuji. The only thing is that such genres are more like local or tribal genre, not even 50% of Nigerians know what fuji is because it's from just from a single tribe and not the whole country, other Nigerian tribes too have their local ambiguous genres.

So, apart from the local genres, the general african classifications are just mere shiit.

Bros sorry to delve in but your ignorance about dancehall and music is disturbing. Especially when you try to insist you know what you are saying.

Shatta Wale does real dancehall and is VERY recognised in the International community as a dancehall artist.

Ghana and few African countries still promote and have good market for dancehall unlike Nigeria. It's a misconception to assume only Jamaicans do dancehall, when even the best of dancehall Artists in Jamaica steady famz Ghanian dancehall artists.

How many Nigerians know Vybz Kartel, Alkaline, Govana, Massica or the modern day dancehall artists.

As for Shatta Wale, he is only acting the Dancehall script. The genre is notorious for cult like following, violence, beef and all.

At every point in time in dancehall there must be two rivals. Gaza and Gully like in Jamaica. Even now Vendetta and Gaza have supple beef.

It's nothing new. And no reason am at all Shatta Wale is very talented and intelligent.
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by olisaEze(m): 12:54pm On May 19, 2019
Ekpa!! U drew without shooting is that supposed to make us believe ure gangsta? If na Ekpan u do dis thing, dem for don confirm u mugu! Sleeping chairman!grin
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by b73Imbiana3b5: 1:30pm On May 19, 2019
hiann

@@@@@>>

Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Kingso1414(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2019
When they are talking about music even shitty ugly Ghanaians will show face.
When it comes to entertainment, Nigeria is a thousand miles ahead of Ghana. Yet these ugly mofos beat their hollow chests always.
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by bigfather(m): 4:44pm On May 19, 2019
on a LIVE show for that matter ?! shocked
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by bbbEserovweb: 4:50pm On May 19, 2019
hiann

@@@@@>>

Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by bb7Ewelikeb79: 6:52pm On May 19, 2019
Okay

@@@@@>>

Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 19, 2019
markdonpuzo:

Bros sorry to delve in but your ignorance about dancehall and music is disturbing. Especially when you try to insist you know what you are saying.

Shatta Wale does real dancehall and is VERY recognised in the International community as a dancehall artist.

Ghana and few African countries still promote and have good market for dancehall unlike Nigeria. It's a misconception to assume only Jamaicans do dancehall, when even the best of dancehall Artists in Jamaica steady famz Ghanian dancehall artists.

How many Nigerians know Vybz Kartel, Alkaline, Govana, Massica or the modern day dancehall artists.

As for Shatta Wale, he is only acting the Dancehall script. The genre is notorious for cult like following, violence, beef and all.

At every point in time in dancehall there must be two rivals. Gaza and Gully like in Jamaica. Even now Vendetta and Gaza have supple beef.

It's nothing new. And no reason am at all Shatta Wale is very talented and intelligent.

Nothing Jamaican like that about what Wale does, I'm still trying hard to think about his music that really sounds Jamaican dancehall. I never said only Jamaicans do dancehall, i rather said, only Jamaicans can do dancehall well because it's a song style depended on their language and tongue unlike pure reggae that is dependent on the beat and tune.
Wale's style of dancehall is just like the Galala style that was very popular in Lagos and Nigeria some years ago, different Africans have their own local derivative or local version of Jamaican styles but it's only the reggae we can perfectly get, trying their dancehall bla bla bla is just wack. You can never sound like em.
If i want real Jamaican stuff, i will listen to Jamaicans not wack African artists trying hard to do what dey can't do.
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by dehi: 10:04pm On May 19, 2019
Na mumu and yeye de worry stonebouy why you go mumushly carry rubber gun come stage... With their dead musics
Re: Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 19, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

Nothing Jamaican like that about what Wale does, I'm still trying hard to think about his music that really sounds Jamaican dancehall. I never said only Jamaicans do dancehall, i rather said, only Jamaicans can do dancehall well because it's a song style depended on their language and tongue unlike pure reggae that is dependent on the beat and tune.
Wale's style of dancehall is just like the Galala style that was very popular in Lagos and Nigeria some years ago, different Africans have their own local derivative or local version of Jamaican styles but it's only the reggae we can perfectly get, trying their dancehall bla bla bla is just wack. You can never sound like em.
If i want real Jamaican stuff, i will listen to Jamaicans not wack African artists trying hard to do what dey can't do.

I get your point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sikiru Adepoju Celebrates His 68th Birthday / Chidiogo Akunyili Pictured With Her White Boyfriend / Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.