Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,218 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Comparing 3 Genius Of Football "Guardiola, Ferguson And Mourinho" Who's Best??? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Comparing 3 Genius Of Football "Guardiola, Ferguson And Mourinho" Who's Best??? (460 Views)

Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame / Cr7 With Ferguson And Ole / Legends Cantona, Ferguson And Solskjaer Pose After Win Vs PSG (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparing 3 Genius Of Football "Guardiola, Ferguson And Mourinho" Who's Best??? by Blabbermouth: 3:40pm On May 19, 2019
Needless to say, after city conquering the premier league with an incredible domestic treble history. A lot of comparisons has ensued and surprisingly it wasn't involving "messi-ronaldo saga".. Its a debate of coaches who is or was better??
A brief analysis on the 3.
SIR ALEX FERGUSON:
Although retired, is widely regarded to be the greatest coach of all time... This claim though is not far fetched. He has 47 trophies to his name, a lot more than any other coach... Notable achievements: i. 2 champions league cup
ii. The man behind the pompous machester devils fans. He made Manchester united a dominating side in england while winning numerous trophies for them..
iii. Defended the premier league back to back {3 consecutive seasons}
Style: He oriented fast paced attacking football, a style he developed during his Scottish times...
CRITICS:
i. Used 27 years to win just 2 champions league
ii. won the champions league with only a club{same with pep}

JOSE MOURINHO:
A pragmatic coach whose style of play has evoked a lot of criticism. But don't dare say, He still is a great football genius, with 25 titles to his name.
Notable achievements:
i. 2 champions league trophy. One with FC porto , with players who were past their prime and aging. The other Inter Milan with an amazing defensive and counter attacking performance that was able to outdo the Almighty Barcelona of 2010..
ii. Won the LA liga with a 100 points {Before MSN thrashed this}
CRITICS:
I. Couldn't deliver the champions league for real madrid during his stint there, despite resources at his disposal
ii. Out fashioned style of play that couldnt stop him from getting sacked at Manchester united
iii. Got sacked despite being the special one

PEP GUARDIOLA:
An ardent disciple of the great Johan Cruyff. He evolutionised his own style of play {with some blueprint of cruyff's total football} . His style of play has also influenced other great teams (with england and Spain clubs now adapting a similar style of play).
Notable Achievement:
I. Won all six trophies in his first year as a senior coach with his impressive tiki-taka defeating the great SAF 2-0 back in 2009
ii. Won Two champions league in his 3 seasons at Barcelona and reaching at least the semi finals . {3-1 defeated the great SAF year 2011)
iii . Won 3 bundesliga in 3 seasons at Bayern, reaching on the semi finals those seasons
iv: Won the first domestic treble in england with an all conquering Manchester city
v. Won the supposedly-hyped premier league with 100 and 98 points respectively {Back to back}..
CRITICS:
i. He cant survive anywhere except spain {before he went to germany and dominated}
ii. He cant survive the physicality of epl. {Before he went to england and defending his EPL title and won the first EPL domestic treble}
iii. He burst the bank and yet couldnt deliver the Epl for man city
iv. He only won the UCL with Messi's barcelona {same as ferguson albeit manchester utd}
With any additions/subtraction to this,, Who do you think is the best?

Re: Comparing 3 Genius Of Football "Guardiola, Ferguson And Mourinho" Who's Best??? by Jokerman(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2019
Lol.... My Bottlelona fan brother grin

Talked of Ferguson and Mourinho flaws, Buh didn't talk of Guardiola flaws.... grin

1 Like

Re: Comparing 3 Genius Of Football "Guardiola, Ferguson And Mourinho" Who's Best??? by Blabbermouth: 3:49pm On May 19, 2019
mynd 44 Dominique lalasticlala{even tho its not abt snake}
Corrosiveman,, Mjbolt,, cr7lomo,, ree loa ded
Re: Comparing 3 Genius Of Football "Guardiola, Ferguson And Mourinho" Who's Best??? by MJBOLT: 4:06pm On May 19, 2019
Pep is the best of the 3
Re: Comparing 3 Genius Of Football "Guardiola, Ferguson And Mourinho" Who's Best??? by blackboy(m): 4:21pm On May 19, 2019
How much was the squad Ferguson used to win the trebble compared to the cost of Pep, Jose etc. Ferg to me is the best

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING! “i’m Sorry I Let My Friends And Supporters Down” – Anthony Joshua / Two People To Appear In Court Over Sala's Mortuary Photos. / Who Do You Think Will Win The Ballon D'or? Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo Or Va

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.