Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane (1969 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by gabazin080(m): 7:28pm On May 19, 2019
my boy is too stubborn and I like his stubbornness to an extent because his mates can't bully him. there is no week without any any complain about him. he will either injure them, tear their books or throw their foods away.
now to the reason for these thread. he is always quiet in class . he won't respond to what they are teaching others, even though he can read and write ABC, he won't read it during class but when its break time he will stay behind in class and be reading and writing those things he refused to read or write earlier.
he is a very brilliant boy but won't respond in class until he is alone. he comes home everyday to complain his aunty beats him but no amount of beating will make him change.
I don't know what to do

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by Davash222(m): 7:30pm On May 19, 2019
You have nothing to fear. Don't worry, one day his mate would beat him blue and black, then, he will understand life.

Talking from experience.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by championship: 7:32pm On May 19, 2019
pray for him ...and encourage him more about life and his Education... when he gets home take him out and show him around the block ...and when his ask questions about what he sees ,...just tell him its because of their bad behaviour in school made them ended that way
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by statistics1(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2019
I pray he doesn't become what you won't be able to handle in the nearest future.. he's stubborn to not only the peer but also the teachers issokay... smileysmiley

spear d rod and..........

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by donbachi(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2019
Tell him to sit on d floor,with legs stretched out.then tell him to carry one leg up and hold his two ears...him go sweat 4 nyansh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by mcjohny(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2019
lols u never beat am, where even mad man dey fear Cain na pikin. u still handle him like a slay Queen those days ou mom go beat you ehh u go hear by force

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:49pm On May 19, 2019
He is just 3 let him grow.
He may be shy that is why he does not respond in class.
Do not leave his education to his teacher alone..He must not respond in class so long as he understands what is meant to be understood for a child his age. You can also take part in that as well and try to understand your boy's learning ability.

Why flog a three year old.
Cane solves nothing. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by etrange: 7:56pm On May 19, 2019
championship:
pray for him ...and encourage him more about life and his Education... when he gets home take him out and show him around the block ...and when his ask questions about what he sees ,...just tell him its because of their bad behaviour in school made them ended that way

Lol @pray for him. Pray for his stubbornness as if no be person the guy resemble.

Take him around the hood? Did you even see the age? What questions do you think the baby will ask when taken around the hood biko? You think he'd know who is suffering and who isn't? Or he'd rather want to play with the street kids and even wish he was born in the streets. Lol. Let's be practical biko.

@OP
I personally think the baby is very much normal. The mum and teachers only need to study him and find out what works for him. Apparently, they've been trying to get him to "conform". Flogging won't help. There's that thing that'd make him rethink, use it when he misbehaves. Every kid has that thing and mums are expected to know it. As a kid, canes and punishments meant nothing to me but I'd feel very bad the moment I saw a very sad look on my mum's face. Not anger or annoyance but that sorrowful sad look that comes with giving up and not knowing what to do. She mastered this and used it to tame me. So find your son's Achilles' hill!

4 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:58pm On May 19, 2019
Do not leave his education to his teacher alone..He must not respond in class so long as he understands what is meant to be understood for a child his age. You can also take part in that as well and try to understand your boy's learning ability.

Cane solves nothing rather teach your boy that acting violently is not right. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by shilenji(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2019
The End is really upon us,my guy I am 100% sure you never BEAT am,when your really beat am wey hin no say something enter hin bodyyy,the fear go japa,even bible talk am say 'craze dey mind of children na cane go pursue am',but beat am according to his age.

OR

Take something he likes away from him,him brain go reset,maybe seize him mama breadt comot him mouth
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by belladonna18: 8:10pm On May 19, 2019
use koboko on him
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by gabazin080(m): 8:20pm On May 19, 2019
belladonna18:
use koboko on him
use koboko on a 3 year old?

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by gabazin080(m): 8:21pm On May 19, 2019
mcjohny:
lols u never beat am, where even mad man dey fear Cain na pikin. u still handle him like a slay Queen those days ou mom go beat you ehh u go hear by force
I don't beat him but his aunty and mom does yet no changes
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 19, 2019
Lmao,

The boy na nonconformist.

He will make a good freedom fighter grin

3 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by ValCon888: 8:35pm On May 19, 2019
The important thing is that he is learning. Never leave his side as he grows up and make sure to impart words of wisdom into his ears as he gets older. He is a boy and needs more attention from you as a man.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by LadySarah: 8:42pm On May 19, 2019
They should stop beating him.I have a son around that age and believe me when i say that this child you are beating barely understands the reason why.

Stop flogging him first,sit him down and talk with him.eyeball to eyeball.
If he is given work to do.Speak in a polit way to him,if he remains headstrong,you could punish him by taking something he likes away.
For instance,when my son wouldnt do his work at school and his teacher always complained.we agreed to not give him snacks during their snack break.The fiest day,he watched others eat theirs and became verysad,next he rushed to his teacher to giv him his work to do.Now anytime he misbehaves,he is threatened with him and he immediately complies.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by CAPSLOCKED: 8:47pm On May 19, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Cane solves nothing rather teach your boy that acting violently is not right. undecided

I'M TIRED OF MY FELLOW CITIZENS. EVERYTHING MUST BE FORCE.
I WON'T LIE TO YOU, MOST PEOPLE FAIL AT PARENTING IN THIS COUNTRY. MAYBE PARENTING SHOULD BE A COMPULSORY COURSE LIKE CRK (IN SECONDARY SCHOOL) AND MATHS 101 (IN COLLEGES). PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT RIGHT...
ELSE WE'LL KEEP RAISING FAILED, VIOLENT, STUBBORN, CRUEL, STAGNANT PEOPLE WHO GOT THE TRAITS FROM US.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 19, 2019
I am no expert but it sounds like a mild form of autism.
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 19, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Nice!

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by bid4rich(m): 9:19pm On May 19, 2019
If you don't mind you can push him to me. He has not seen life, in fact I may say you are not in charge.

The best time to correct him is NOW. Like someone will say 'it will take only God to bend a dry fish without breaking it'

Now that he is still fresh @ 3, this is the time you can mould him to whatever shape and form you want him to take but if you allow him to dry (becoming mature with this kind of character) hmmmm I pray you will not have a regret that you neglect what you suppose to have done

You even say you like his stubbornness, the day he will be fully mature at it, you will know that you have love the wrong thing in his life from inception.

Note: A child you pamper today will tamper with your peace tomorrow.
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by giftfromGod(f): 9:37pm On May 19, 2019
@op, I hope you are not like my neighbor who beat her child over every little thing and now the child is stubborn eh. Pls avoid beating him for now, his still very young . All you need is patient and with time he would be the good boy you so much desire.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by onward4life(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2019
Try karate kick

And upper cuts

Choke slam

A 720 kick

And a mo shan kick

Goggle or YouTube to practice
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by gabazin080(m): 9:45pm On May 19, 2019
bid4rich:
If you don't mind you can push him to me. He has not seen life, in fact I may say you are not in charge.

The best time to correct him is NOW. Like someone will say 'it will take only God to bend a dry fish without breaking it'

Now that he is still fresh @ 3, this is the time you can mould him to whatever shape and form you want him to take but if you allow him to dry (becoming mature with this kind of character) hmmmm I pray you will not have a regret that you neglect what you suppose to have done

You even say you like his stubbornness, the day he will be fully mature at it, you will know that you have love the wrong thing in his life from inception.

you think flogging is the solution?

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:46pm On May 19, 2019
the boy is just 3 tame him with what he like most

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by momokiddies: 9:49pm On May 19, 2019
gosh! flog a three year old? that's pathetic! let him him be, that's his own way of growing up and his pace of learning for goodness sake! if he won't write until break time , then that's his own time and pace. you , the teacher and mum are abusing that lad. learning at his own age should be fun. you just have to keep talking to your child and reach an agreement with him. if you say he injures and tear other pupils books and pour their food , have you found out how the situation started ? what is the mindset of the teacher? has she concluded that he's a trouble child ? then trouble child she will get from him.
I'm an early child educator. and I see nothing wrong with your child. at 3 they are restless and hate to be controlled.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by General2COAS(m): 10:37pm On May 19, 2019
gabazin080:
my boy is too stubborn and I like his stubbornness to an extent because his mates can't bully him. there is no week without any any complain about him. he will either injure them, tear their books or throw their foods away.
now to the reason for these thread. he is always quiet in class . he won't respond to what they are teaching others, even though he can read and write ABC, he won't read it during class but when its break time he will stay behind in class and be reading and writing those things he refused to read or write earlier.
he is a very brilliant boy but won't respond in class until he is alone. he comes home everyday to complain his aunty beats him but no amount of beating will make him change.
I don't know what to do

My kid bro was once like that but the old man had to use the military setting to tame him.

Always watch out for his temperamental changes while this is going on.

For the flogging issue, have you tried bathing him using warm water and a menthol contained soap then using the Fulani typed Bulala?

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:39pm On May 19, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I'M TIRED OF MY FELLOW CITIZENS. EVERYTHING MUST BE FORCE.
I WON'T LIE TO YOU, MOST PEOPLE FAIL AT PARENTING IN THIS COUNTRY. [color=#990000]MAYBE PARENTING SHOULD BE A COMPULSORY COURSE LIKE CRK (IN SECONDARY SCHOOL) AND MATHS 101
(IN COLLEGES). PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT RIGHT...
ELSE WE'LL KEEP RAISING FAILED, VIOLENT, STUBBORN, CRUEL, STAGNANT PEOPLE WHO GOT THE TRAITS FROM US. [/color]
grin

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by giftfromGod(f): 10:45pm On May 19, 2019
For the flogging issue, have you tried bathing him using warm water and a menthol contained soap then using the Fulani typed Bulala?
[/quote]

On a three years old child? This is wickness, haba.

1 Like

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by bid4rich(m): 11:09pm On May 19, 2019
gabazin080:
you think flogging is the solution?

Nope! That is a tiny fraction of what can be done even though the good book said we should not spare the rod.

Let me put this straight, for his stubbornness, check whether its not genetic either from you or the mother.

But where he got it from notwithstanding, it can be corrected. NOTE: No matter how you beat a child, a child is a child and he will not see you as enemy, he will always come to you as a father and that is every child's weak point but put a bit of your fear in him lovingly.

How will you do that? Carrot and stick approach with a bit of cane discipline.
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by spongeisback: 12:47am On May 20, 2019
Wtf is any teacher beating a three year old? A three year old is a toddler for crissake. What kind of a school's that and why would you as a parent subscribe to such method? Every child has his/her own personality, since his only problem is not responding why not try to find out what the problem might be instead of beating him? Stop beating that child.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by maureen44(f): 5:08am On May 20, 2019
bid4rich:

I beg to disagree Ma, Kids adjust their character as they grow and developed.
Re: Help! My 3 Yr Old Boy Is Too Stubborn. Doesn't Fear Cane by bid4rich(m): 9:52am On May 20, 2019
maureen44:

I beg to disagree Ma, Kids adjust their character as they grow and developed.

I guess your kids are not in the same category of the ones we are talking about.

You need to see the one we are talking about, then you will understand.

I have one at my disposal as I speak and I bet if we have done nothing, the future is very much predictable. God will do it, is the language of those who refuse to take responsibility. Take charge!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quality Weavons, Wigs, Human Hair, . @ Affordable Price In Benin City, Edo State / My Dignity Is Crushed / Between A Male House Help And A Female House Help, Which Would You Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.