Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? (26117 Views)

Machine Learning And Artificial Intelligence. Any Recommendations? / Private Coach For Coding Robotics And Artificial Intelligence / Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 20, 2019
Ennyboy12:

Sir,
I have been following this thread as I really have interest but i am currently having my NYSC service year in kwara state to finish late next year.

How do i go about the trainee application later?
That's easy. Just send an application request by filling out the form on
www.rainigeria.com/available-courses
You can also apply for internship at RAIN if you feel you only want hands-on exposure, without certification.

The full course allows you to learn for 9 months, the theory and practicals as well as personal projects (product development) at a fee of 950,000naira with certification in Robotics or AI. While internships at RAIN are at a fee of 30,000 naira per month with full product development exposure, access to all facilities and facilitators, but no certifications.

For 6 months I.T interns, discounts apply.
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 20, 2019
Clinolit:

Good day Sir.

I've been following this thread albeit silently.

I seriously admire your earnest desire in helping to foster AI and Robotics education and practice in Nigeria and breed the next generation of talents in that sphere.

I almost gave up seeing the many people here with so much experience and know-how under their belts. Imposter syndrome almost got the better part of me.

Please I'd love to be a part of this program nonetheless. I noticed that there's a scholarship available for indigent individuals who cannot afford to pay for the program.

I wanted to know what other criteria would be considered to be eligible for the scholarship asides graduating with a first (experience? etc.), and which tracks of the program the scholarship applies to.

I have basic knowledge of Python and C and am currently taking some courses to further bridge the knowledge gap.

Thank you. Do have a very great week ahead.
Honestly it is very difficult for me to list out what criteria there is for full scholarship. To allow a fair process, I'll only encourage you to apply for trainee position and also send an email to scholarship@rainigeria.com making a case for why you think you should be given a scholarship.

You should never give up on your dreams. The future awaits you.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Ennyboy12(m): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2019
Cacawa2:

That's easy. Just send an application request by filling out the form on
www.rainigeria.com/available-courses
You can also apply for internship at RAIN if you feel you only want hands-on exposure, without certification.

The full course allows you to learn for 9 months, the theory and practicals as well as personal projects (product development) at a fee of 950,000naira with certification in Robotics or AI. While internships at RAIN are at a fee of 30,000 naira per month with full product development exposure, access to all facilities and facilitators, but no certifications.

For 6 months I.T interns, discounts apply.

Okay......Thank you
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2019
Cacawa2:

Honestly it is very difficult for me to list out what criteria there is for full scholarship. To allow a fair process, I'll only encourage you to apply for trainee position and also send an email to scholarship@rainigeria.com making a case for why you think you should be given a scholarship.

You should never give up on your dreams. The future awaits you.
Thank you very much, Sir.

I have applied for the trainee position. I am currently putting my personal statement together for the scholarship.

Do have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by BamideleAdeleke(m): 11:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
Using ssce certificate, can I also be permitted for the training? Is it an institution that offer one to be a robotic engineer? I love technology especially robotics aspect thanks
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Adegbem01(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hi OP, I am master student rounding up on my project (communication physics) I love to be a programmer or IT world proper, I have on my own study the basic and principles of Java and python alittle into embedded systems (arduino stuff). I love to enjoy this opportunity you are bring to Nigeria. But I don't have the money for the fee, any alternative or help you can render please, I wish I can learn robotics and AI.
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 26, 2019
Adegbem01:
Hi OP, I am master student rounding up on my project (communication physics) I love to be a programmer or IT world proper, I have on my own study the basic and principles of Java and python alittle into embedded systems (arduino stuff). I love to enjoy this opportunity you are bring to Nigeria. But I don't have the money for the fee, any alternative or help you can render please, I wish I can learn robotics and AI.

It’s understandable that not everyone can afford RAIN’s training fee.

There’s an option though, you can go online to learn AI for free on some video tutorials on udemy or coursera. Then when you are done, you can go to RAIN to just write a certification exam and become RAIN certified if you are successful. Learning AI at RAIN only gives you the extra advantage of inclass support and extensive practicals and at the end, a sponsored tech startup.

As for Robotics, I’m not sure how that can be done online but at RAIN, this is serious business. That’s why we have every aspect of product development covered...ranging from 3D design and printing, CNC machining, use of lathe machines as well as embedded systems development.

But again, not everyone can afford the training fees.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by mentro: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
@cacawa2 I hope RAIN will be opened by January?
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2019
mentro:
@cacawa2 I hope RAIN will be opened by January?

Yes surely.

Check this
https://rainigeria.com/available-courses

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
Cacawa2:
Hahahaha..it's okay. I will make it as equipped as the one in Manchester's Robotics lab.
Will keep you updated
Good day, Sir. Are you done with the lab?
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
Tobiee:

Good day, Sir. Are you done with the lab?
almost ready...I under estimated the time it takes to complete a building. Now I can confirm that in January RAIN will be open.

www.rainigeria.com

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
Cacawa2:
almost ready...I under estimated the time it takes to complete a building. Now I can confirm that in January RAIN will be open.

www.rainigeria.com

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2019
Tobiee:

I'm a 400lvl Mechatronics Engineering Student, soon to embark on a 6-month IT. I was wondering if the lab will be open to accepting IT students, and what procedure one should take in making an application for that. The details of my course is entirely on AI and Robotics.

Let me quickly refer you to this page, https://rainigeria.com/available-courses
scroll to where it reads "Research Memberships and Internships"

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Officer4: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2019
Lalasticlala FP material

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by mentro: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2019
Officer4:
Lalasticlala FP material
Yeah, front page material indeed. Lalasticlala
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by mentro: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
Lalasticlala, this deserves front page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by mentro: 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
@cacawa2 What's the update now?
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2019
Hello, guys.

How are we all doing?

Please, prospective trainees, did you receive any mail subsequently or were you contacted after applying?

I applied a couple of weeks ago but wasn't contacted by a representative as is said on the website.

Boss @Cacawa2, you must be super busy with preparations? Well done, Sir. I would like to know if I need to do anything else.

I already submitted the personal statement.

Thank you very much.
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by mentro: 9:07am On Dec 27, 2019
Happy holiday guys.
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
mentro:
Happy holiday guys.
Wish you same, Sir. Happy new year in advance.
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2020
Clinolit:

Wish you same, Sir. Happy new year in advance.

You are amazing.

Here you go. https://rainigeria.com/news-%26-events/f/theoretical-engineers-why-traditional-degrees-just-won%E2%80%99t-cut-it

2 Likes

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by nappy760(m): 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Cacawa2:

You are amazing.

Here you go. https://rainigeria.com/news-%26-events/f/theoretical-engineers-why-traditional-degrees-just-won%E2%80%99t-cut-it

That write-up is on point

2 Likes

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
Cacawa2:

You are amazing.

Thank you very much, Sir. I am flattered.

It's such an honor to be published. The accompanying pictures were spot on. Kudos to you and the entire editorial team.

Do have a splendid weekend, Sir.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
nappy760:

That write-up is on point
Thank you, Sir.

I am honored and humbled.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Officer4: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
SeunStats juniorstar BoleAndFish PrinceCEE Darivie04 nappy760 EngrBouss jbblues24 foxxydude Chrisemeka1 spyglaxx Ajibolatao gokay19 EvilSec ivumar Ennyboy12 lewis512 alterego17 mechtronics mikezuruki Maths125 Emmaxyz90 Frezhkid10 gensteejay Damolux01 Abcruz Pdsco mentro thelino ugwum007 princejude icecream2 TheWalkingMind xerxes456 Dthinkerman promisedeco EngRichie pseudonomer abimbola121 gbolly1151 Avast Koleski Danny012 plat0 cdor777 gensteejay horlahsunbo225 Millerules helpsystem Jarvismag Savotech NaHiim pixey Nosainwe Chem101 Kyrx emkrayons Xperienx Ennyboy12 Adegbem01 Tobiee Officer4

Here is the update about the AI Robotics Facility we have all been waiting for. I know it took almost a year, but here we go.
https://rainigeria.com/news-%26-events/f/rain-to-the-world-as-ibadan-takes-its-place-on-the-global-stage

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by mentro: 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Cacawa2:

Yes surely.

Check this
https://rainigeria.com/available-courses
At last. Thank you so much for bringing this great and unprecedented opportunity to Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by mentro: 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
Guys, let's take advantage of this great opportunity. Let's maximize this opportunity and change the narrative about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Officer4:
SeunStats juniorstar BoleAndFish PrinceCEE Darivie04 nappy760 EngrBouss jbblues24 foxxydude Chrisemeka1 spyglaxx Ajibolatao gokay19 EvilSec ivumar Ennyboy12 lewis512 alterego17 mechtronics mikezuruki Maths125 Emmaxyz90 Frezhkid10 gensteejay Damolux01 Abcruz Pdsco mentro thelino ugwum007 princejude icecream2 TheWalkingMind xerxes456 Dthinkerman promisedeco EngRichie pseudonomer abimbola121 gbolly1151 Avast Koleski Danny012 plat0 cdor777 gensteejay horlahsunbo225 Millerules helpsystem Jarvismag Savotech NaHiim pixey Nosainwe Chem101 Kyrx emkrayons Xperienx Ennyboy12 Adegbem01 Tobiee Officer4

Here is the update about the AI Robotics Facility we have all been waiting for. I know it took almost a year, but here we go.
https://rainigeria.com/news-%26-events/f/rain-to-the-world-as-ibadan-takes-its-place-on-the-global-stage
Finally!

Great, great news. Go RAIN!
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by Frezhkid10(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
Has the training started??..and is there any space for workers already in engineering field??
Re: Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? by nappy760(m): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Frezhkid10:
Has the training started??..and is there any space for workers already in engineering field??

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiince, check their Facebook page

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Create A Shipping Tracking On Website.? / Alx Software Programming / Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.