Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,389 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba (16160 Views)

5 Killed At Buhari’s Rally In Taraba, Governor Ishaku’s Convoy Attacked - Nation / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba / Danjuma And Ishaku In US; Insist Fulani Herdsmen Are Killing Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by strangest(m): 6:32am On May 21, 2019
bettercreature:
Nonsense! The same thing developed world are finding it difficult to ban
You can’t ban polythene bag it’s too useful though the disadvantages is too much but it’s simply impossible to Ban
Useless black men, they won’t copy development from another country except strange rules

Its already banned in Kenya for a long time know and they are using paper bag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Udoskybest: 6:32am On May 21, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
This state only exist on states and capital rhythms
Thats because u dnt travel, u are just like a fish in the well

1 Like

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Orpe7(m): 6:49am On May 21, 2019
Shoprite is part of the problem.
The way these guys give u polythene bags eh
Sometimes i have to complain that cant everything fit into one bag?
Even in Uk u pay for it
So its better u use the ones u have already
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Nobody: 6:57am On May 21, 2019
This is a very good one. I have been expecting stuff like this for long. Pure water sack littering our streets making the whole country look like a dump site.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Nobody: 6:58am On May 21, 2019
bettercreature:
You can’t ban polythene bag it’s too useful though the disadvantages is too much but it’s simply impossible to Ban
Useless black men, they won’t copy development from another country except strange rules

Your brain needs rewiring.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by frickyjohn: 6:59am On May 21, 2019
This is very commendable. Lagos should have done this long ago.
The floodings we are seeing are results of blocked drainage from this plastic materials

besti10:
Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, on Monday, prohibited the utilization of polythene and plastic sacks in the state.

NAN reports that he made the declaration and the presentation of 'paper packs' while propelling the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, WASH, arrangement in the state.

The senator additionally pronounced a 'Highly sensitive situation' on the water, sanitation and cleanliness segment, saying he would before long send an official bill to the state House of Assembly to sanction the boycott.

He praised the advancement accomplices, USAID and Japan International Cooperation Agency, JAICA, for their intercession in boosting water supply in the state.

He charged the state water supply office to guarantee steady support of water channels for better administration conveyance.

"On account of the enthusiasm my organization had on water supply, we have set out on an N7 billion Jalingo Primary Water venture to supplement the African Development Bank, AfDB, water venture in Jalingo to provide food for the developing populace of the city.

"We are likewise attempting endeavors to improve water supply over the state, and our endeavors are yielding outcomes," he said.

Prior, Emmanuel Gowon, the Commissioner for Water Resources, recognized the representative for the endeavors in improving the water supply in the state.

Mr. Gowon communicated the status of the service in conveying on the command of water supply to the state.

read more: https://gistok.ng/gov-ishaku-bans-polythene-bags-in-taraba/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by blackgold2018(m): 7:06am On May 21, 2019
bettercreature:
Your parent are useless fools including your unborn generation because I wasn’t talking to you dog
BITTERcreature
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by blackgold2018(m): 7:06am On May 21, 2019
bettercreature:
Your parent are useless fools including your unborn generation because I wasn’t talking to you dog
BITTERcreature
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Proffdada: 7:10am On May 21, 2019
I wonder how many trees will suffer for the sake of paper bags when we don't recycle our paper
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by coputa(m): 7:14am On May 21, 2019
I am surprised that this is coming from a largely agrarian state.The white sacks they use to package some agricultural products is made with strong polyethylene.He shouldn't have banned it outrightly,POLYETHYLENE(RUBBER) has their own usefulness, especially when used to package liquid materials, and for it's toughness and durability.So, sachet/can water will be affected also.
Paper bags are good for packaging light/ dry materials Even if the paper bags are glossy it cannot stand water/liquid materials for long.
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Flyingngel(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2019
Oma307 post:

which sense, we are far behind
my bro according to the world, the third world countries are still in the stone age.

Talking abt stone age, how do we get out of stone age if we don't start implementing programs like this?
Look around, you will see the havoc caused by polyethylene bags in our ecosystem.
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Luvinghubby: 7:26am On May 21, 2019
I support the ban 100%

I also suggest establishment of recycling ♻ plant for pure water sachet, plastic cans and paper bag.
It will create employment and make the environment safer
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Surebet8838: 7:31am On May 21, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]See Below

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by Tonytonex(m): 7:41am On May 21, 2019
a lot of people are gonna lose their jobs and business.
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by gowaga68: 8:05am On May 21, 2019
Is that what the states's major problem at hand? A man that can't being development to his how town (local government) is there bribing strange thing to his people.
#Stopthepoliticalkillings
#Stop ethnic violence
#Stop kidnapping
#Liveandletlive
#kanasamba
God bless Taraba
God bless Nigeria
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by iAmViper(m): 8:19am On May 21, 2019
Yes the government should ban sachet water littering the country and force ♻ recycling rules on them including plastic bottles of water
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:27am On May 21, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:

even if a pdp person poos and ask you to swallow it, you will gladly do

What on earth is political about this post now you political bigot? Mr too know I'm politically neutral. Anyway I'm not surprised because. ...

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by cronsberg: 8:58am On May 21, 2019
strangest:
Kenya banned it in the whole country... Its a good move... Let's use paper bag
Where do we get paper from? So you will support cutting down more trees to produce paper for paper bags right? With all the deforestation and desertification that comes with it?
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by HeyCorleone(m): 9:00am On May 21, 2019
Oma307:

which sense, we are far behind
my bro according to the world, the third world countries are still in the stone age

So we shouldn't take a step forward or commend these very very little changes?

Does his action make sense or not? That's the most important thing.
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by HeyCorleone(m): 9:03am On May 21, 2019
cronsberg:
Where do we get paper from? So you will support cutting down more trees to produce paper for paper bags right? With all the deforestation and desertification that comes with it?

Ever heard of Recycling? It's way efficient. Do you know how many tons of paper gets wasted per day? Go to universities, and see immense waste of papers. What if these papers are put to good use? As for deforestation, policies can be enacted to make sure enough trees are planted for everyone cut. And it's not every tree that's used for paper making.

Or, going by your tone, should we stick to polythene and plastic? And continue to pollute the environment?
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by cronsberg: 9:10am On May 21, 2019
I think many people didnt realize the devil in the detail of this plastic bag banning charade, so let me spell it out. Plastic bags will continue to be used in that state as always nothing will change, but the catch here is the 7 billion naira whatever fund the governor approved in support of clean itiniatives and whatnot. That money will just vanish into thing air most likely into the governor's account. Mind you this is a governor that has already spent four years without building a single note worthy road or anything else for that matter. Out of 16 local governments in that state, only 4 are connected to the national grid, meaning the remaining ones are in utter darkness ones night falls. The state university is also on strike, about ten local governments are not paid two months salary now, but here is the governor approving 7billion naira for clean environment and banning plastic bags and he is a PDP governor o. Can theifs be more brazen than this?

1 Like

Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by OlawaleBammie: 9:11am On May 21, 2019
bettercreature:
pls why are u this retarding?? what do u want government to do for u per say?? soo bcus some developed contry could nt manage it means we cant?? u re too myopic for my liking joo, cant employ someone like u who doesnt embrace positiveness but do find negativity in everything. abeegi
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by capitalzero: 9:15am On May 21, 2019
nice development.
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by ThePreachersSon: 11:14am On May 21, 2019
You may insult him as much as you want, but the future generations would thank him for this.
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by gowaga68: 5:53pm On May 21, 2019
No future generation, I repeat no future generation would thank him. Under his watch a lot of atrocities have been happening to the state and his how town.

What has he done on ?https://www.nairaland.com/5165859/kidnappers-caught-dead-bodies-takum

quote author=ThePreachersSon post=78582075]You may insult him as much as you want, but the future generations would thank him for this. [/quote]
Re: Gov Ishaku Bans Polythene Bags In Taraba by nengibo: 7:07pm On May 21, 2019
Ekinematics:
This is a very good one. I have been expecting stuff like this for long. Pure water sack littering our streets making the whole country look like a dump site.
Plastics in the food and drink industry shouldalso be banned

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Nasir El-rufai Introduces KADGIS (photos) / Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami / NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.