Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (973498 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2015
kayez:
Hello House, what is/are the possible reason(s) which will bring about a malfunction display of BAS and ESP.
One mech suggested I change the rotor(brake disc).
It's for a C24O 2002. Thanks guys, appreciate.

I don't think the rotor is your problem there are a host of other things the car needs to go through a star scanner so it would pinpoint the exact problem.

It would be the wheel sensor, yaw rate sensor, maybe a wire just pulled out. Get a mechanic with a star scanner are you in lagos?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kayez: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2015
cne010:

I don't think the rotor is your problem there are a host of other things the car needs to go through a star scanner so it would pinpoint the exact problem.

It would be the wheel sensor, yaw rate sensor, maybe a wire just pulled out. Get a mechanic with a star scanner are you in lagos?

Thanks a bunch mate for your response. I'm presently in Bayelsa State. From my inquires no one owns a star scanner in Yenagoa.
Dunno if anyone in the house knows where I can get a star scanner at PH, Warri or Benin. Those are the most proximate cities. Please @cne010 can I still drive that that distance?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Tokt: 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
Tokt:
Hello Whatsapp admin.
Kindly add 08055656954 to the MB whatsapp group.
Please i need it urgently.
Thanks.

To whoever is responsible, kindly help please. Thank u.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
Please house who knows how much its going to cost me to get a set of original 12 Bosh spark plugs for my 2005 ML 350 SE, am in PHC. I intend to do some servicing soon , my spark plugs are over due for replacement
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
kayez:

Thanks a bunch mate for your response. I'm presently in Bayelsa State. From my inquires no one owns a star scanner in Yenagoa.
Dunno if anyone in the house knows where I can get a star scanner at PH, Warri or Benin. Those are the most proximate cities. Please @cne010 can I still drive that that distance?

why don't you go to benz affairs in PHC
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kayez: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Thanks mate[color=#770077][/color]

dabosuker:

why don't you go to benz affairs in PHC
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
Come to Benin, at sapele road, ask of Mr lawrence , all your problems will be solved.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by benzmatic: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
loved w201 getting computerized alignment in Ibadan.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
benzmatic:

shocked
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
Please house who knows how much its going to cost me to get a set of original 12 Bosh spark plugs for my 2005 ML 350 SE, am in PHC. I intend to do some servicing soon , my spark plugs are over due for replacement
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
wizemoney:
I drove to chill at a nice bar, after parking my car and chilling for like 5 mins my car security alarm came on I thought it was nothing so I off it from the remote, like 2 mins later I heard a loud bang so i stood up to check my car, my chokes are down and I couldn't figure out what caused it but this cost me close to 200k it's a 2007 E350 watsapp admin add me 09031341434

chokes? or do you mean the shocks? please clarify...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Mlud: 4:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Mercedes GL450

Greetings

I am considering buying a GL450 and will like guidance please from Mercedes experts or those who know more about this motor.

I have opened a thread where I am making comparisons:-

https://www.nairaland.com/2582604/mercedes-gl450-v-range-rover

Please make any comments on the above quoted thread.

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
benzmatic:

This looks like Oando in Idi Ape
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
Good evening everyone. I have a problem I need help with.
Some weeks ago,my car a w123 with 1999 c-class(w202) engine started jerking intermittently especially when the engine is hot.
My mechanic said the problem was caused by a failing fuel pump. Now the pump has been changed to a new pump & the car is no more jerking but it always has a difficulty starting especially when the engine has rested for like 5 minutes and it also idles roughly.
I have changed plugs and plug wires, tested it with another distributor, crankshaft sensor and coil but the problem still persists.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
0rex:
Good evening everyone. I have a problem I need help with.
Some weeks ago,my car a w123 with 1999 c-class(w202) engine started jerking intermittently especially when the engine is hot.
My mechanic said the problem was caused by a failing fuel pump. Now the pump has been changed to a new pump & the car is no more jerking but it always has a difficulty starting especially when the engine has rested for like 5 minutes and it also idles roughly.
I have changed plugs and plug wires, tested it with another distributor, crankshaft sensor and coil but the problem still persists.
The pump not okay yet... Or a cold start sensor cum fuel filter
Join the Benz whatsapp group...drop your number
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Konnektions146(m): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Admin kindly add on WhatsApp group- 0805 205 4600
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 11, 2015
angels09:

The pump not okay yet... Or a cold start sensor cum fuel filter
Join the Benz whatsapp group...drop your number
Thanks for the reply.
The fuel filter was changed along with the pump. I'm currently thinking fuel pressure regulator based on some research I've done but some symptoms that should come with a faulty fuel pressure regulator are absent.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chibzee2: 8:20am On Sep 11, 2015
Angels09, I'll like to be added to the benz WhatsApp group please.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Dexmars(m): 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hey all,

I just got a Glk 350.

My first Benz.

Had been with the Japs for a while.

I'll need to join the group cos I'll need info such as Engine oil specs, service center etc.

Amuwo Odofin area

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by YoungDaddyB: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dexmars:
Hey all,
I just got a Glk 350.
My first Benz.
Had been with the Japs for a while.
I'll need to join the group cos I'll need info such as Engine oil specs, service center etc.
Amuwo Odofin area

Yo Dexmars, changed my mind on buying the RRS SHE 09 and instead getting the Mercedes GLK 2010. Just want to know what you do considering the gasoline wahala ( Premium required but only regular dey our 9ja ), octane boosters? I tried sending MBZ NG an email but no reply 1 week after. The question is also directed to anyone that can answer the question genuinely, thank ya.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by camaro(m): 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
Join the forum and get answers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
YoungDaddyB:

Yo Dexmars, changed my mind on buying the RRS SHE 09 and instead getting the Mercedes GLK 2010. Just want to know what you do considering the gasoline wahala ( Premium required but only regular dey our 9ja ), octane boosters? I tried sending MBZ NG an email but no reply 1 week after. The question is also directed to anyone that can answer the question genuinely, thank ya.

If you read through the pages of this thread,you will notice that this question have been answered because i also asked same. Some members have tried and confirm that XFT will address the issue. Octane boosters are ok but the challenge would be the number of points it will boost because the minimum RON required is 91 but that number fluctuates in our fuel(between 87 to 89) though it was argued that it can sometimes cross 91 cheesy but we aren't sure.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
camaro:
Join the forum and get answers

What Forum Can't answers be gotten here?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
Eyop:

What Forum Can't answers be gotten here?
Y are you hyper
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
angels09:

Y are you hyper

I only asked a simple question and am not being hyper. This thread was created to assist Mercedes Benz users and potential users so i don't know why one should join a particular forum to get answers.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 16, 2015
Eyop:

I only asked a simple question and am not being hyper. This thread was created to assist Mercedes Benz users and potential users so i don't know why one should join a particular forum to get answers.
Was he being coerced? No! He was only invited. That's where being hyper comes in to your response. Does he need answers real-time online? If yes the group does a better job of that! He's stranded and needs urgent assistance the group does a better job of that! He gets to meet physically a community of Benz users in his locale who share same ideals the group does it better. This thread created by kuntash is also well appreciated and is serving good purpose for non urgent needs. Cos it's not all the time people log in here unlike alerts on mobile devices. Which some also do not like due to messages gushing in. So our thread here and our forum serves us to make our Benz life better. But each has its advantages and disadvantages.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 5:32am On Sep 16, 2015
angels09:

Was he being coerced? No! He was only invited. That's where being hyper comes in to your response. Does he need answers real-time online? If yes the group does a better job of that! He's stranded and needs urgent assistance the group does a better job of that! He gets to meet physically a community of Benz users in his locale who share same ideals the group does it better. This thread created by kuntash is also well appreciated and is serving good purpose for non urgent needs. Cos it's not all the time people log in here unlike alerts on mobile devices. Which some also do not like due to messages gushing in. So our thread here and our forum serves us to make our Benz life better. But each has its advantages and disadvantages.

The gentle man asked a question on this thread and the next thing was "join the forum to get answers". Again i asked a simple question of why forum or whatsapp group & can't answers be gotten here? You are the only one that is seeing my question as being hyper. Joining the group should be a thing of choice and so many have requested to join even without having any challenge. It would have been better if an attempt was made to answer that question and after which a suggestion of joining the group and not by the message of "join the group for answer".

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Eyop:

The gentle man asked a question on this thread and the next thing was "join the forum to get answers". Again i asked a simple question of why forum or whatsapp group & can't answers be gotten here? You are the only one that is seeing my question as being hyper. Joining the group should be a thing of choice and so many have requested to join even without having any challenge. It would have been better if an attempt was made to answer that question and after which a suggestion of joining the group and not by the message of "join the group for answer".

I agree with you on that.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ladipodeal: 6:53am On Sep 16, 2015
@all
Please in need the address of the popular benz market at Ojuelegba, my W202 CDI smokes. I need a competent mechanic to work on it.
My mechanic seems to be busy and been telling me to wait for weeks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by YoungDaddyB: 7:09am On Sep 16, 2015
Eyop:

If you read through the pages of this thread,you will notice that this question have been answered because i also asked same. Some members have tried and confirm that XFT will address the issue. Octane boosters are ok but the challenge would be the number of points it will boost because the minimum RON required is 91 but that number fluctuates in our fuel(between 87 to 89) though it was argued that it can sometimes cross 91 cheesy but we aren't sure.
Thanks man, I appreciate . Concerning joining the forum for the guy that's asking, I do not know how to do that, simply thought signing up for nairaland meanings being in the forum. No vex.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2015
YoungDaddyB:

Thanks man, I appreciate . Concerning joining the forum for the guy that's asking, I do not know how to do that, simply thought signing up for nairaland meanings being in the forum. No vex.

By joining the forum,he meant joining a whatsapp group which is off Nairaland. I am not a member and i don't intend joining anyway. If you are interested,drop your number and whoever is in charge will add you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.