Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,090 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966536 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by daVinci1(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
I was unceremoniously delisted from the WhatsApp Benz forum. When I was added, no one listed the rules for me to follow. And no remedial chance was given for 'erring' members.
I'd like to be added again pls with the rules made known to me as well so I can follow and enjoy my membership of that forum.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good afternoon mercedes Gurus smiley

Two words . . .

Air supspension

Any advise please? Easy on me with technical terms pls.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
tearoses:
Good afternoon mercedes Gurus smiley

Two words . . .

Air supspension

Any advise please? Easy on me with technical terms pls.

Air Suspension the Rolls Royce of Suspensions fitted in Mercedes with mostly V8 engines.

The ride is so soft and smooth like you floating through, drive through a bad road with Air shocks and you won't even notice.

The only know con about the Air suspension is that the luxury comes at a very stiff price tag. A set not a pair I mean one unit depending on the model of the car can set you back about N100,000 to N250,000. If money no be problem then it's the best driving experience you get buy. at high speed the suspension reduces the ride height to give the car better grip and you can increase and reduce the height of the car.

I hope this is clear enough.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
cne010:

Air Suspension the Rolls Royce of Suspensions fitted in Mercedes with mostly V8 engines.

The ride is so soft and smooth like you floating through, drive through a bad road with Air shocks and you won't even notice.

The only know con about the Air suspension is that the luxury comes at a very stiff price tag. A set not a pair I mean one unit depending on the model of the car can set you back about N100,000 to N250,000. If money no be problem then it's the best driving experience you get buy. at high speed the suspension reduces the ride height to give the car better grip and you can increase and reduce the height of the car.

I hope this is clear enough.

Thank you for even bothering to respond & with not too much technical jargon
For a car thats driven for approx 4 weeks a year, is it worth it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
tearoses:

Thank you for even bothering to respond
For a car thats driven for approx 4 weeks a year, is it worth it?

Most German autos are made to be driven daily I can assure that if you park your car for a month or two you come back and meet a fault.

The shocks might still be in an excellent condition test the pump if the rides goes up and down perfectly you may have a winner.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
cne010:

Most German autos are made to be driven daily I can assure that if you park your car for a month or two you come back and meet a fault.

The shocks might still be in an excellent condition test the pump if the rides goes up and down perfectly you may have a winner.

As difficult as it is to beleive, I am beginning to agree with you
My previous car was a Bm that did only 65,000k, fell ill and it never really recovered.
Someone said it was due to lack of use & these cars are not meant to be left idle.

Same thing is playing out again and everytime we come back to this car, there is something wrong with it . .usually minor stuff though

As regards the suspension we noticed that the car sits really low on one side at the rear.
Its an intermittent problem (we drove it for a week like that). Sometimes is rises and sometimes it doesnt & and we just parked it again and left it.
Just wondering if its worth reparing it bearing in mind we hardly use it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
tearoses:

As difficult as it is to beleive, I am beginning to agree with you
My previous car was a Bm that did only 65,000k, fell ill and it never really recovered.
Someone said it was due to lack of use & these cars are not meant to be left idle.

Same thing is playing out again and everytime we come back to this car, there is something wrong with it . .usually minor stuff though

As regards the suspension we noticed that the car sits really low on one side at the rear.
Its an intermittent problem (we drove it for a week like that). Sometimes is rises and sometimes it doesnt & and we just parked it again and left it.
Just wondering if its worth reparing it bearing in mind we hardly use it.

The car is worth repairing if you would use it often, if not I would advice you to get another car the suspension is already given signs it should be checked out looks like it is on its way out.

Sadly if you're hardly in the country you should have someone that would be driving it often for you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
cne010:

The car is worth repairing if you would use it often, if not I would advice you to get another car the suspension is already given signs it should be checked out looks like it is on its way out.

Sadly if you're hardly in the country you should have someone that would be driving it often for you.

Thanks for the advise
No we wont use it often
Its mostly covered and parked
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
tearoses:

Thanks for the advise
No we wont use it often
Its mostly covered and parked

whats the car in Question? Set it free and find it a new home where the new owner will show it the loves and care it needs daily on the tarmac a v8 is a steady joy to drive.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
cne010:

whats the car in Question? Set it free and find it a new home where the new owner will show it the loves and care it needs daily on the tarmac a v8 is a steady joy to drive.

Now you want to show me up embarassed
I was hoping I wouldnt be asked any difficult questions
I think its a 4matic or something like that
I also know that its an E class
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
tearoses:

Now you want to show me up embarassed
I was hoping I wouldnt be asked any difficult questions
I think its a 4matic or something like that
I also know that its an E class

Good, I'm imagining that its a w211.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
cne010:

Good, I'm imagining that its a w211.

Did a google search on the image
Yes thats it . . .an estate
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
tearoses:

Did a google search on the image
Yes thats it . . .an estate

Estates are way cooler... Especially the shooting brakes in the 2014 CLS 550.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
biko,i also want to be in the benz whatsapp group, i come with a humble w202 c180. Thank you.
My number is 08069779910.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheRealGEJ: 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Thanks Eyop and cne010, I really appreciate your contributions. I will stick to your advice and get the 2004 or 2005 model

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by davetwitzy: 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please how much can one get a neat 2008 c300 in Lagos
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
a visit to cheki, carmudi et al will give you an idea note cheki is usually on the high side in prices

davetwitzy:
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
davetwitzy:

From 3.5m depends on the specs like Pano roof, Navi, Rev cam etc some even sell from 4m.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
cne010:

They carry my suitcases grin
What else are they good for?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2015
Happy Sunday to my MB Guruz.
My 2003 C200 Kompressor sport Coupe is showing a fault * service b exceeded by 26days* even after servicing.
Please, how will i go about this?.

Thanks

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2015
Happy Sunday Whatsapp Admin.
Kindly add 08038239988 to the MB whatsapp group.
Have requested for this over 5times.
Is there anything i need to put in place?
Kindly guide through.

GREAT MB fans
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
LeylowDee:
Happy Sunday to my MB Guruz.
My 2003 C200 Kompressor sport Coupe is showing a fault * service b exceeded by 26days* even after servicing.
Please, how will i go about this?.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQj2qp2VmiE
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Tokt: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2015
Hello Whatsapp admin.
Kindly add 08055656954 to the MB whatsapp group.
Please i need it urgently.
Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2015
Trac:

I might not be practical on this but it isn't worthless disclosing it. It is true there are essentials owing a Mercedes Benz. These essentials affect long-term ownership (if it'll be short or not).

Fortunately for NL, there are people who make imports. In corroboration, an appeal can be made that will seem enticing. If enough people can commit to suggest and attest to pay, a market then has been produced. It will start as a thread. Interested people will include their input as a pledge of interest. Parts like plugs, lubrication (all or certain genres), carbon-controlled additives (Techron) and so on can be petitioned. The higher the numbers of committed numbers, the easier these "dealers" will embrace the provocation.

The ingredients for such petitions are available. There is a forum (which is NL), there are two related portals (Car-Talk and Auto). All that is left is the awareness.

This has been my thoughts.

I already did that.

Am bring in a few cartons by month end of Techron concentrate, so buzz me by September 7, 2015 if interested

Cartons of 20oz Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner are now in Nigeria, buzz me if you need same
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
cne010:

Hi Cne
Out of curiosity, how much would you sell one of these for?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by egesie(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pls how reliable is the 2007 W203 C350 6-speed manual? and what are its cons?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 18wheeler: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hi house. I noticed a creamy oily substance in the cooling pressure can of my ç240. Its a 2003 model. What could it be? And please if I drain the coolant, what's the recommended brand for refill? Help a brother. its my first time using Mercedes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
18wheeler:
Hi house. I noticed a creamy oily substance in the cooling pressure can of my ç240. Its a 2003 model. What could it be? And please if I drain the coolant, what's the recommended brand for refill? Help a brother. its my first time using Mercedes.
Transmission oil mixing or engine oil you'll have to check to be sure... Transmission may be worse
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by autofreak1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nice thread. I drive a w212 E350 4matic as my daily ride. So far so good, can't go back to Japz except for the Nissan 350z I just picked up for restoration. The Nissan makes me feel like I'll be in the next Fast and Furious movie grin . Fastest car I've owned till date.

How do I join the WhatsApp group pls 08092779834?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 18wheeler: 12:29am On Sep 01, 2015
angels09:

Transmission oil mixing or engine oil you'll have to check to be sure... Transmission may be worse
I noticed it in the coolant reserve can. Pls help me because I don't want to mess this car up. its my.first Mercedes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 01, 2015
park it ....stop driving it and get it checked by a competent benz mech....cos if its transmission then be assured theres a possibility of the water going into your tranny also....and that you do not want .... i can assure you!

18wheeler:

I noticed it in the coolant reserve can. Pls help me because I don't want to mess this car up. its my.first Mercedes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 01, 2015
eyop hi gmorning please i need to talk with you off forum..

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.