Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (969563 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drhappy(m): 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
auztyno:

the prblm your car has is d fuel sender its blocked so your car uses only one side of the fuel in the tank instead of using both tanks,talking from experience,any good technician would be able to detect dis too...
i totally agree with you. that's exactly what my mechanic said. my coming here is to know whether it is rectifiable or I should just go for another tank.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auztyno: 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
drhappy:
i totally agree with you. that's exactly what my mechanic said. my coming here is to know whether it is rectifiable or I should just buy another tank.
dont buy another tank ask your mecanic their is a way the sender is brought out and constructed to work cus wat actually causes d prblm is rust
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kingtolus: 9:07am On Feb 13, 2017
pheonixdld2:
Please add me to the group 08149601061
please add me to this group 07037978961
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drhappy(m): 11:42am On Feb 13, 2017
auztyno:
dont buy another tank ask your mecanic their is a way the sender is brought out and constructed to work cus wat actually causes d prblm is rust
alright. thanks a zillion. Will sort it out tomorrow. Been looking up some videos on Google too. Quite helpful.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Coefficient(m): 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello guys,

Please my C180 99 model vibrates annoyingly. When in idle mode the slow running fluctuates; goes up abnormally and drops abruptly like the engine is going to switch off. It's worse when I drive with the AC.

When I'm moving, everything is fine until I slow down perhaps for traffic. When I engage the gear in D mode, it starts.

As for solutions, I've changed my plugs and cleaned out the injector, problem persists.

What could be the cause and what's the way out?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by burac: 6:33am On Feb 14, 2017
ENGINE CUT OFF
Quite a pity no one here tried to help me out when I requested for one. Got the 2009 ml350. Drove it around the city for a week with no problems. Then took it on a six hour journey. At the 4th hour the ignition cut off. Everything stiffened up (lucky me I was passing a town so wasn't speeding) anyway tried starting it but it went off again. Got it to start and pulled off road and it went off. Let it be for like 20 mins. Started it and it came on. Turned off my ac. And drove down. Had to make 2 stops of 20 mins each to finish up the journey but the engine never did cut off again. Been driving it around the city here since and it hasn't happened again. Please what's the problem. Don't want it happening at the wrong time again

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by burac: 6:38am On Feb 14, 2017
I still de wait for the whatsapp group add o
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ejire042(m): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
mercedes benz A160 for sale

working perfecttly....

i repeat, working perfectly with no issue at all...

First Body

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kengodson: 10:20am On Feb 17, 2017
i wink

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by king406(m): 3:34am On Feb 18, 2017
burac:
ENGINE CUT OFF
Quite a pity no one here tried to help me out when I requested for one. Got the 2009 ml350. Drove it around the city for a week with no problems. Then took it on a six hour journey. At the 4th hour the ignition cut off. Everything stiffened up (lucky me I was passing a town so wasn't speeding) anyway tried starting it but it went off again. Got it to start and pulled off road and it went off. Let it be for like 20 mins. Started it and it came on. Turned off my ac. And drove down. Had to make 2 stops of 20 mins each to finish up the journey but the engine never did cut off again. Been driving it around the city here since and it hasn't happened again. Please what's the problem. Don't want it happening at the wrong time again
i had ypur kind of problem. I first noticed the issue when i travelled for the first time with the car, a 2010 mercedes c350 sport. I have a heavy foot, i travel 400km every weekend to and fro, from abuja to kaduna. Well after about 100km from abuja heading to kaduna and after multiple kickdowns to overtake other cars, i noticed a sudden hesitation when i kicked my foot down again at about 5000rpm the car jerked, i released and depressed the throttle again, same thing happened so i stopped and turned off the car for about 5mins. Started the car again and everything was ok, i continued my journey again and after 10mins the same thing happened again, i stopped for 5mins again and continued my journey, the third time the engine cut off entirely. It came back to life after about 10mins, i had to complete my journey at 60kmh. To cut the long story short, the issue was only a blocked filter at the top of the fuel pump. Ask ur mechanic to remove the filter and wash it thoroughly, it is blocked with dirt.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by whatashock(m): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Plz if any could help out for a genuine spare part dealer for benz.......my make is c250 2012/2013.....am avn transmission issue.....am presently in ghana
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by whatashock(m): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2017
My number is 08169063070....the dealer can watsapp me on it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by whatashock(m): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Plz would appreciate any info frm anybody ere
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by burac: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
king406:
i had ypur kind of problem. I first noticed the issue when i travelled for the first time with the car, a 2010 mercedes c350 sport. I have a heavy foot, i travel 400km every weekend to and fro, from abuja to kaduna. Well after about 100km from abuja heading to kaduna and after multiple kickdowns to overtake other cars, i noticed a sudden hesitation when i kicked my foot down again at about 5000rpm the car jerked, i released and depressed the throttle again, same thing happened so i stopped and turned off the car for about 5mins. Started the car again and everything was ok, i continued my journey again and after 10mins the same thing happened again, i stopped for 5mins again and continued my journey, the third time the engine cut off entirely. It came back to life after about 10mins, i had to complete my journey at 60kmh. To cut the long story short, the issue was only a blocked filter at the top of the fuel pump. Ask ur mechanic to remove the filter and wash it thoroughly, it is blocked with dirt.

Thanks a lot. I will do that within the week. Been using it to move around town here and no problem yet. Appreciate the help.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by akyneswate: 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
Please where can I get an auxiliary cable for my mercedez benz c230 2006 and also fix it into the car ? Thank you all in advance.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 18wheeler: 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
House, I need to replace spark plugs for my C240 2003 model. What's the recommended type please?
Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2017
18wheeler:
House, I need to replace spark plugs for my C240 2003 model. What's the recommended type please?
Thanks.
NGK,Bosch,star.
They are good if every other engine components are good to go.
Don't waste money on any platinum or iriduim spark plugs, they serve no special purpose.
Some Itk peeps dat knows nothing from that whatsapp group will soon come n tell you to go for platinum or iridium spark plugs.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 18wheeler: 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2017
shortgun:

NGK,Bosch,star.
They are good if every other engine components are good to go.
Don't waste money on any platinum or iriduim spark plugs, they serve no special purpose.
Some Itk peeps dat knows nothing from that whatsapp group will soon come n tell you to go for platinum or iridium spark plugs.
Thanks so much.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
You are welcome
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ican2020: 4:49am On Mar 13, 2017
My Mercedes Benz E230, 2001 model and it has gear problem.
Switching from one gear to another is difficult, in most cases, the car will not exceed gear 3 and in some case the car will enter neutral when driving on high way.
The mechanic said I need to change the brain box.
Is him right?
Experts in the house I need help
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by modenyn: 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hello gurus in d house,
i'm a newbie..ok.. got this c240 '03 model recently... now i hv 2 issues with her...

1.it gives me this 'engine oil level low' mssg.is it possible dat d engine burns oil excessively or a sign of weak engine or bad oil used..nb she was serviced with mobil1 in dec.'16.

2. the rear feels light and swerves a bit on high speed esp wen u drive thru little gallops/bumps on d high way

sm1 pls help with possible cause of d problems and viable solutions
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by austinkenneth: 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2017
Pls add 08056099080
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by computerglobal(m): 11:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

We offer wide range of vin checks and report

Sms Your Vin To 08060365068

Available All Day and All Night

Support team is always here for you - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Any good Mercedes Benz Mechanic, capable of fixing my ML350 2007 and my friends ML350 2010. Drop your contact or recommend me to someone
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shyling(f): 5:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ahmed711(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
Greetings all,pls between benz 2003 c320 and benz 2003 c230 which one is more balance with better shocks durability cheap parts and fuel economy? thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by computerglobal(m): 4:52am On Mar 15, 2017
computerglobal:
The more you know about the vehicle the safer you will be. Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

We offer wide range of vin checks and report

Sms Your Vin To 08060365068

Available All Day and All Night

Support team is always here for you - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by scripted(m): 5:00am On Mar 16, 2017
Hi Alexkene contact me on 09030846334
Alexkene:
Any good Mercedes Benz Mechanic, capable of fixing my ML350 2007 and my friends ML350 2010. Drop your contact or recommend me to someone
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by callmedaboss: 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello houx iv got a vboot..e230...fully padded, 3mnth old tires bought new... best of all is dat d ride is automatic wit a fully functional, economical c-class engine swapped into it. d ride is located in zaria, kaduna state to b sold for 400k...slightly negotiable. call Joe on 07068273560.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SmartchoicesNG: 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2017
callmedaboss:
Hello houx
iv got a vboot..e230...fully padded, 3mnth old
tires bought new...
best of all is dat d ride is automatic wit a fully
functional, economical c-class engine swapped
into it.
d ride is located in zaria, kaduna state to b
sold for 400k...slightly negotiable.
call Joe on 07068273560.
Not factory fitted. It's a conversion
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by callmedaboss: 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
yep....and it rides smoothly...n very frugal on fuel consumption!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bayooz(m): 4:02am On Mar 31, 2017
PLEASE, ADD ME TO THIS GROUP.
THANK YOU

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.