Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965751 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
Alexgray:

But for the w 204 with eis fault, no Benz smart key would ever fail without giving signs except the driver is the kind that doesn't pay attention to little changes. It cannot just suddenly fail. And besides the latest model cla, glc and Co are equipped with push button. People are embracing keyless and smart driving now. If you still insist on conventional keys in 2017, then don't buy recent models. Even a 1998 c class w202 and e class w210 have some with smart keys. Bottom line, they never fail without giving signs
well said bro.
my benz has a smart key and no issues for 3yrs and counting. I travel a lot never have been disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SmartchoicesNG: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2017
shortgun:

well said bro.
my benz has a smart key and no issues for 3yrs and counting. I travel a lot never have been disappointed.
Lucky you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by femionasan(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
Alexgray:

But for the w 204 with eis fault, no Benz smart key would ever fail without giving signs except the driver is the kind that doesn't pay attention to little changes. It cannot just suddenly fail. And besides the latest model cla, glc and Co are equipped with push button. People are embracing keyless and smart driving now. If you still insist on conventional keys in 2017, then don't buy recent models. Even a 1998 c class w202 and e class w210 have some with smart keys. Bottom line, they never fail without giving signs

Point I am driving at. Ever since I changed my eis and esl haven’t had any issues for 3 years now.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

I don't like the smart keys. Hence I would not advice a Merc without traditional keys. Not worth the TROUBLE!
And you answer smartchoice.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SmartchoicesNG: 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
not as my only car sir.
nakoks:

And you answer smartchoice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ojeshola: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hello everyone

Pls guys i need ur advise on this my c240 4matic wont accelerate properly after some munite of driving, if u leave it for some time and start d vehicle again it will drive normal until the engine gets hot again.... I tried adding enough fuel then its start working perfectly unter after some hours again... Pls what could be the possible cause have checked all the plugs and they are all working... Pls i need suggestion on what could be the cause of this
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2017
ojeshola:
Hello everyone

Pls guys i need ur advise on this my c240 4matic wont accelerate properly after some munite of driving, if u leave it for some time and start d vehicle again it will drive normal until the engine gets hot again.... I tried adding enough fuel then its start working perfectly unter after some hours again... Pls what could be the possible cause have checked all the plugs and they are all working... Pls i need suggestion on what could be the cause of this
Are you sure your catalytic converter is not blocked?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ojeshola: 12:55am On Dec 15, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Are you sure your catalytic converter is not blocked?
where can we find the catalytic converter? The catalyc in d exsus as been removed
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 6:55am On Dec 15, 2017
ojeshola:
where can we find the catalytic converter? The catalyc in d exsus as been removed
I will advise you go for a physical examination.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OPUSDEI1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
@ Ojeshola, if your "catalyst" has been removed, then your problem is most likely a failing fuel pump.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by alexflash: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2017
Hello, My ML 350 2007 is having issues. unstable RPM. A scan points to the manifold. any ideas? How much does replacing the manifold cost, parts and labor. Best Lagos mechanic you know that can handle it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
alexflash:
Hello, My ML 350 2007 is having issues. unstable RPM. A scan points to the manifold. any ideas? How much does replacing the manifold cost, parts and labor. Best Lagos mechanic you know that can handle it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
Odubee
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ejunkie(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
Brabus Nigeria gave us the GLE & C450 to drive to the Xmas Autofest. We ended up drag racing them on Akin Adesola, Victoria Island!
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MOysgPxW6U][/url]
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:34am On Dec 26, 2017
Where Can I get a good Mercedes Mechanic in Lagos and Ibadan respectively?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Peacefullife: 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
Any serious Benz parts and engine seller on the thread? Please provide your contact. The one that I got his number on this thread is not serious.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Where Can I get a good Mercedes Mechanic in Lagos and Ibadan respectively?
The goodness or otherwise of your mechanic is 50% dependent on your knowledge and experience about your car.Good luck
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
My Mbenz C class 1998 model is showing a check Engine sign. Yet running very well. Help.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by vroom(m): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2017
I drive Benz 240 and I enjoy it so much until of recent when I noticed oil spill on the engine, it was fixed and yet the oil indicator on the dash board kept beeping, also on the dash board it display some messages like Break assistant system (BAS) visit workshop, ESP, my rewire n mechanic couldn't provide solution to it as I notice the car cannot move as it used to...pls any solution to this?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aquila3: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

I think he's talking about parasitic drain of the battery power. Note the alternator keeps the battery charged after a drive. But it drains overnight! He needs a technician who can trace the leak.
pls sir what is your take on MB c180 with manual transmission and what year model can you recommend for student pls put cost of purchasing, fuel economy, part availability and second hand value in mind.thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by erico2k2(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
vroom:
I drive Benz 240 and I enjoy it so much until of recent when I noticed oil spill on the engine, it was fixed and yet the oil indicator on the dash board kept beeping, also on the dash board it display some messages like Break assistant system (BAS) visit workshop, ESP, my rewire n mechanic couldn't provide solution to it as I notice the car cannot move as it used to...pls any solution to this?
bross Scan car Scan car

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
erico2k2:

bross Scan car Scan car
Oga erico2k2, what's the progress with the conversion of your range rover sport?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kashif(m): 7:33am On Dec 31, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

I don't like the smart keys. Hence I would not advice a Merc without traditional keys. Not worth the TROUBLE!

Apart from the repair trouble, there could be security risk. I watched a video how car thieves stole a late model Mercedes parked at owner's drive in within seconds.

They came with a device which picked the transponder's signal from the house (they took the device to the window to do that), and relayed it to the car, fooling it to think the key was with them. The lights flashed and they entered and drove off. The ish about these smart keys is that they are always transmitting.

This happened in less than 20 seconds! Hope those guys don't come down here.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by erico2k2(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
dumo1:

Oga erico2k2, what's the progress with the conversion of your range rover sport?
ALl set, once I tidy up sonme lose ends here, I will ship it as I want to be on ground when it is being done, I no wan hear stories that touch, U know as E dey be with awon bois on ground grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
erico2k2:

ALl set, once I tidy up sonme lose ends here, I will ship it as I want to be on ground when it is being done, I no wan hear stories that touch, U know as E dey be with awon bois on ground grin grin grin
grin dem go do trial and error and if parts don't fit na to call baba kamoru to weld am.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
vroom:
The check oil level light indicates that ur engine oil is low....if u know how to check the oil level by pressing d buttons on d dashboard, you will be able to see the amount of oil you need to add.

as for BAS n ESP.....change your break light switch, its located under the break pedal.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EZEGE1: 8:28am On Jan 01, 2018
Who knows where I can get the original C class DVD player?

It looks like this

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by vroom(m): 6:08am On Jan 02, 2018
shortgun:

The check oil level light indicates that ur engine oil is low....if u know how to check the oil level by pressing d buttons on d dashboard, you will be able to see the amount of oil you need to add.

as for BAS n ESP.....change your break light switch, its located under the break pedal.
Good luck.

God bless u sir and Erico2k2, I will do all this and get back to u
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2018
Pls How often do I service my C class 1998 model thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by id4sho(m): 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
whatsapp ADMIN
add me
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Arizona1: 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hello guys, I need help for Mercedes Benz Vito CDI 112. It can't start. The kick rolls very well, changed battery, checked starting sensor, it's ok, changed gas filter, changed gas pump, pressure switch, heater plugs all I've changed still can't start. Nozzles are ok but no way.
What could be the issue?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chuka25(m): 7:52am On Jan 12, 2018
Hi Gurus in d house, ps how many fuel pump does a c240 has? Since I left d car with one kazeem over fuel pump issue d car has been nightmarish. After buying fuel and starting d car, within minutes d car will stall and on inspection will notice that all d fuel has been pumped to the other chamber and none to d engine. Many Kazeem hv tried to sort this but to no avail, rt now there r 2 pumps there, one In each chamber, as d fuel is being pumped to d second chamber chamber, d other pump returns it to the first chamber. With all these d car is still not moving well. Ps Gurus, ur advices are badly needed here.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fortune89: 8:58am On Jan 12, 2018
kuntash:
keep your experiences with this German ride coming,

I am presently using a 2001 full option c class w202. I have never had a better yesterday of driving since I got it for a year now..it drive excellently everything in it works fine like new although I got it as a tokunbo and I has served satisfyingly excellent with tours and travels doubtlessly but now am faced with a Choice and I hope I to make a good one that's why am asking my good people here...I want to get am ML 320 1999 due to where I stay and coupled with my need to carry more...please I need your full sincere opinion on this decision. Should i go for the ML320 and reasons please....plus how I can sell my c class fast......thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.