Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (970570 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
DAVE5:

My driving style!!!! Hmmnn

Run, match brake, run again, match brake, run run run

Lol

Then add the Lagos factor, legs on brake very often

Nah only for Lagos you fit use brake drive from your house go office then come back without actually matching throttle at all

Lol

LoL.... I am in Lagos also... Ikeja Axis reduce braking , it puts pressure and wear on the pads and disk

I agree with you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 12:02am On Jul 20, 2020
DAVE5:

Ehen, 2 years is a long time, that means it's not that bad, I usually don't expect things such as supposed original car battery to last, I just have it at the back of my mind that I'll change it sooner or later

I change my breakpad today and my guy bill me 25k just for the breakpad alone, then adding his bill

Abeg how much dem dey sell breakpad cos someone else confirmed to me that same mech guy told him 15k for an oil which actually costs 7500 from other peeps in the market

25k for brake pads? I find it difficult to believe this from ur mechanic. I think is necessary we also do our survey once in a while bcus it won’t be funny that ur mechanic will use u as his ATM machine.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by donprosper6(m): 12:47am On Jul 20, 2020
How much would it cost to fix front parking light for c300?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2020
ibbabah:

25k for break pads? I find it difficult to believe this from ur mechanic. I think is necessary we also do our survey once in a while bcus it won’t be funny that ur mechanic will use u as his ATM machine.

No mind us joor, sometimes we just overlook important things cos of impatience or lack of time
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
DAVE5:

Ehen, 2 years is a long time, that means it's not that bad, I usually don't expect things such as supposed original car battery to last, I just have it at the back of my mind that I'll change it sooner or later

I change my breakpad today and my guy bill me 25k just for the breakpad alone, then adding his bill

Abeg how much dem dey sell breakpad cos someone else confirmed to me that same mech guy told him 15k for an oil which actually costs 7500 from other peeps in the market
My pads are due for replacement every 15months.I buy Toks complete hubs, brake disk,calipers and sensors with of course pads from Trinity at less than that price.And change everything whether good or bad.W203
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
ibbabah:

25k for break pads? I find it difficult to believe this from ur mechanic. I think is necessary we also do our survey once in a while bcus it won’t be funny that ur mechanic will use u as his ATM machine.
It's called brake pads. Endeavour to spell correctly

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
nakoks:

My pads are due for replacement every 15months.I buy Toks complete hubs, brake disk,calipers and sensors with of course pads from Trinity at less than that price.And change everything whether good or bad.W203

Every 15months, ewwwwooooooo

My brake got worn out basically cos the brake fluid was leaking from underneath as a result of impact from something I don't know [fixed it though]

Toks complete hub
brake disk
Calipers
Sensors
And brake pad

All at less than 25k which you use for a 15months duration, wow, that's over cheap ohh if you asked me, this one shock me ohh, I wish that would be my story too ohh but I know/guess that's impossible for me
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
searchng4love:

No mind am, nah me start the error, it was after I had written breakpad like 3x I realized I was spelling it wrong

You know when you rarely use certain words, you tend to forget their correct spelling
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2020
searchng4love:

Thank you English teacher.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2020
ibbabah:

Thank you English teacher.
You're welcome my student
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by samadex2007: 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
Approved for Mercedes Benz
08158865642 ( whatsapp / call) .

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by samadex2007: 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bosch Oil Filter for Mercedes Benz.
08158865642 ( whatsapp and call) .

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ogbuefi677(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
samadex2007:
Bosch Oil Filter for Mercedes Benz.

08158865642 ( whatsapp and call) .

You no fit add price?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by udy4real(m): 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
kingreign:

Next time walk into a reputable outlet, get genuine Panasonic or renota battery. If you so desire you can get OEM Denso toyota or even Benz Star brand battery. These brands are very good and would easily do 5+ years.
Please do you have idea of the price of this ba3s?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:12am On Jul 28, 2020
udy4real:

Please do you have idea of the price of this ba3s?
This batteries could range from 1500-10,000
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by samadex2007: 8:43am On Jul 28, 2020
ogbuefi677:
You no fit add price?

There are different bosch oil filter for Mercedes benz models, kindly provide your model/year and price will be given.

08060883679 - Call / Whatsapp
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Inception(m): 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Just imagine spending productive time in a workshop looking for "Male and female" gum to patch one hose that is falling apart or "knacking bushing" into a suspension part or carrying all sorts of oils in your booth to be topping up the engine and the ever shortening steering pump oil undecided
I'm sure he and his mechanic are now on first name bases and probably spend his free time gisting and playing draft with his mechanic.
The most important person to him right now might be his mechanic.
Better to buy Okada than to drive a 20+ year old luxury car.
If you want argue just log into your banking app and see the deplorable state of your account balance... grin grin
You'll realise the only thing you've achieved since 3 years is repair Bill's for mechanic.
Your contact list be like;
Jeremiah steering pump
Odinaka oil cooler
Emeka radiator
James brainbox...etc ..

Chai!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jmk9292(m): 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Just imagine spending productive time in a workshop looking for "Male and female" gum to patch one hose that is falling apart or "knacking bushing" into a suspension part or carrying all sorts of oils in your booth to be topping up the engine and the ever shortening steering pump oil undecided
I'm sure he and his mechanic are now on first name bases and probably spend his free time gisting and playing draft with his mechanic.
The most important person to him right now might be his mechanic.
Better to buy Okada than to drive a 20+ year old luxury car.
If you want argue just log into your banking app and see the deplorable state of your account balance... grin grin
You'll realise the only thing you've achieved since 3 years is repair Bill's for mechanic.
Your contact list be like;
Jeremiah steering pump
Odinaka oil cooler
Emeka radiator
James brainbox...etc ..
very funny
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
Had fun in a 1988 Mercedes Benz sedan...... Beautifully crafted.... The grunt, the hum ... Beautiful was the day the car was conceived...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
samadex2007:

There are different bosch oil filter for Mercedes benz models, kindly provide your model/year and price will be given.

08060883679 - Call / Whatsapp

2010 C300 4matic
2001C200 Kompressor (Red Top)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 4:09am On Jul 29, 2020
searchng4love:
Had fun in a 1988 Mercedes Benz sedan...... Beautifully crafted.... The grunt, the hum ... Beautiful was the day the car was conceived...
those times where when Benz were looking at some top notch quality and sacrificed fuel economy ...it was a great car....especially 230 flat booth ....

Was raised up in my street ,we had Benz mechanics, I was around their shops they wereu friends learnt a couple of things about that model like the flat engine, straight engine , American spec and diseal
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Smarte724(m): 4:32am On Jul 29, 2020
Good day everybody, please I need a honest advise from gurus in the house, my Mercedes ac compressor was bad and I was planning on replacing it, the issue I face was that every technician and even the seller is asking me to buy peugeot ac compressor and do some reconstruction that it is what every one is doing. That compressor for my model, c200 compressor is always having issues, though within me am not comfortable with the so call reconstruction , please what is ur opinion on this ,
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 5:46am On Jul 29, 2020
Smarte724:
Good day everybody, please I need a honest advise from gurus in the house, my Mercedes ac compressor was bad and I was planning on replacing it, the issue I face was that every technician and even the seller is asking me to buy peugeot ac compressor and do some reconstruction that it is what every one is doing. [b]That compressor for my model, c200 compressor is always having issues, [/b]though within me am not comfortable with the so call reconstruction , please what is ur opinion on this ,

This is the first issue(hasty generalisation).A couple of guys i know here have had that model for 4 years with no Compressor issue.The problem is that they aren't sure of the state of the automatic compressor they would buy.My advice,take the gamble and source the compressor from a newly imported engine. The chances are higher it would work.Thats what someone i know did last week and it has been fine till today.All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Smarte724(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2020
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by daprojectbaby: 12:30am On Jul 30, 2020
Newest member here
My Cla 45 Amg 2017 ....

[img]https://i.ibb.co/6tdxTZv/0-C19-B628-7393-4270-ADDB-141492799-B9-F.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Furrylow: 10:43am On Jul 30, 2020
daprojectbaby:
Newest member here
My Cla 45 Amg 2017 ...

Nice car, with great looks. Congrats
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2020
daprojectbaby:
Newest member here
My Cla 45 Amg 2017 ...

Pictures?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by daprojectbaby: 11:21am On Jul 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Pictures?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2020
Pls who can help with a reputable Benz mechanic in lagos. I need to fix my mother's c230 2006 model. It has erratic gear shift during the day only works well early morning period.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
skj1377:
Pls who can help with a reputable Benz mechanic in lagos. I need to fix my mother's c230 2006 model. It has erratic gear shift during the day only works well early morning period.
Contact nakoks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
searchng4love:

Contact nakoks

Ok thanks but any phone number will be there on Saturday and give feed back
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sent nakoks mail request

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.