Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967383 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Ahhhhhhhhh.. I usually use "I was today years old when..."

Too convoluted. wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Too convoluted. wink

When has anything with me ever been simple grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ThisisBuhari: 5:57am On Sep 18, 2020
Please how much will it cost to get a replacement key for mercedes GLE 350 2016 And 2017 models
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 9:41am On Sep 18, 2020
Morning folks, can anyone help with the price of this steering wheel? It's a 2012 c63 steering
I'd like to upgrade my W204
Also, will the speedometer for the 2012 work on the prefacelift c300?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2020
blackfm:
Morning folks, can anyone help with the price of this steering wheel? It's a 2012 c63 steering
I'd like to upgrade my W204
Also, will the speedometer for the 2012 work on the prefacelift c300?

You'll need both the wheel and airbag. Ebay is your friend.

It's very doable, you'll just need to swap the module inside. Last I checked, both will cost over $500. The wheel is probably much cheaper here but I don't think you'll find the airbag easily.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You'll need both the wheel and airbag. Ebay is your friend.

It's very doable, you'll just need to swap the module inside. Last I checked, both will cost over $500. The wheel is probably much cheaper here but I don't think you'll find the airbag easily.
Thanks I'm trying to source it locally, probably from a salvage vehicle.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
blackfm:

You'll get it from any 2012+ Mercedes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
blackfm:

You want to try my brothers in Ladipo or trinity.If you manage see that steering be ready to pay 200k for it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 12:27am On Sep 19, 2020
nakoks:

You want to try my brothers in Ladipo or trinity.If you manage see that steering be ready to pay 200k for it.
trinity is always cheaper.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 12:28am On Sep 19, 2020
Please how do i get the 5 digit security code to activate benz radio.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 7:27am On Sep 19, 2020
chukel:
trinity is always cheaper.
Not always,it depends on the part you are getting.I use both on a regular though am more disposed towards trinity cos of ties.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2020
chukel:
Please how do i get the 5 digit security code to activate benz radio.
pls someone should help with this. Radio code needed.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ThisisBuhari: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2020
chukel:
pls someone should help with this. Radio code needed.
google is your friend
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2020
ThisisBuhari:
google is your friend
not as easy as you think
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:09am On Sep 19, 2020
blackfm:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFJBhlAnSGb/?igshid=1l7djjngddysh

Check these guys.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 7:05am On Sep 20, 2020
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 7:06am On Sep 20, 2020
nakoks:

I'll explore this too thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DreCharles(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6125789/accident-free-2007-mercedes-benz#94019025

Guys I have this for sale...Holla me if anyone is interested. Also slightly negotiable
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2020
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
HeavenlyBang

1990 560 SEC - seat belt is stuff out of sci-fi movies.

Mercedes ma pa mi na kiss
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2020
Eddee:
HeavenlyBang

1990 560 SEC - seat belt is stuff out of sci-fi movies.

Mercedes ma pa mi na kiss

Was surprised to see it, actually.

Most Mercedes coupes still have it. Quite surprising to know that it's been a thing for at least 30 years. Not all, though, just the coupes without a B Pillar. CLK, E Class Coupe, CL, and S Class Coupe.

No B Pillar to put the seat belt in, so it has to be worked into the body and offered by an automated extender.

Pretty nifty.

Images below for those who may not understand. First two are E Class Coupes. No B Pillar. Third is W204 Coupe, which has a B pillar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auPNUHd2U-U

Worth the watch.

Soooooo any idea where the 300SL is stored? Asking for a friend

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by phadriz(m): 5:06am On Sep 23, 2020
Good morning everyone,

Please is Benz A160 a good car to use in Nigeria, considering maintenance and fuel economy.
Thank you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2020
phadriz:
Good morning everyone,

Please is Benz A160 a good car to use in Nigeria, considering maintenance and fuel economy.
Thank you.
seriously why do you guys do this all the time. Benz generally is a luxury car even the C class that is a bit economical. You don't mention luxury in same sentence with fuel economy. If you seek fuel economy please go for corolla, yaris or city.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2020
phadriz:
Good morning everyone,

Thank you.
It has good fuel economy. I do not know if it's a good car to use in Nigeria. I see very few of them. However, I suspect the parts will be available in trinity and ladipo.
Chukel, Benz also makes economy cars which the A and B class fall into. They are targeted at people who want the Benz logo but do not want to create holes in their wallet at the filling station.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:34am On Sep 23, 2020
chukel:
seriously why do you guys do this all the time. Benz generally is a luxury car even the C class that is a bit economical. You don't mention luxury in same sentence with fuel economy. If you seek fuel economy please go for corolla, yaris or city.
Say only what you know. Never ignorantly make statements out of empty arrogance!!

W169 A170 Vs 2007 Corolla 1.6 vvti the Benz beats the Corolla in fuel efficiency land sea and air... morning noon and night.... City MPG, combined MPG and highway MPG!!

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:48am On Sep 23, 2020
chukel:

Lol, the A Class is an economy car. Not a luxury car. Even the latest generation doesn't really qualify as luxury. It's literally MB's cheapest car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2020
weyreypey:

Say only what you know. Never ignorantly make statements out of empty arrogance!!

W169 A170 Vs 2007 Corolla 1.6 vvti the Benz beats the Corolla in fuel efficiency land sea and air... morning noon and night.... City MPG, combined MPG and highway MPG!!
Mr. Arrogant know it all, are the parts economical too? Its3actually your emptiness that makes you think you know it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
chukel:
Mr. Arrogant know it all, are the parts economical too? Its3actually your emptiness that makes you think you know it all.
The parts are readily available if you know your way. Stop empty arrogance.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by phadriz(m): 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2020
9icetoo:

It has good fuel economy. I do not know if it's a good car to use in Nigeria. I see very few of them. However, I suspect the parts will be available in trinity and ladipo.
Chukel, Benz also makes economy cars which the A and B class fall into. They are targeted at people who want the Benz logo but do not want to create holes in their wallet at the filling station.

Thank you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by phadriz(m): 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
chukel:

Thank you, it would have made alot of sense if your response comes without Savage.
For your information the car was put in a truck I bought from Germany, since the shipping cost will be saved, so I am contemplating giving it to my wife or sell. Not everyone that ask questions are novice they just need clarification from the experienced.
Have a great day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.