Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (976381 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dwilliams: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Why not look at a 2007/2008 Acura MDX? It's better than the GL and the Highlander. Cheaper too.

I dont know about the Acura
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:28am On Dec 17, 2020
dwilliams:

I dont know about the Acura

Acura is Honda's luxury division.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Anisiobi2: 9:33am On Dec 17, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Naturally aspirated , it's a good SUV... 320 and CClass is also great one go for C 320 naturally aspirated they seem to useM112 engine

Iga enweta parts na Nkpor ... They are available and rarely get damaged... The gears are built like tank

Thanks bro will check out the C320 natural aspirated as you said that's c class pls what year or model is it V6 or v4
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Acura is Honda's luxury division.

Beautiful something wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2020
dannybrasky:

Beautiful something wink

Meanwhile Mercedes was churning out garbage interiors like this in their flagship SUV.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Meanwhile Mercedes was churning out garbage interiors like this in their flagship SUV.

Same year for sure,as much as I love Mercedes,no doubt the Acura MDX interior of same year gives the benz a run for her money on this one. Good finish,simply (ELEGANT).
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2020
Anisiobi2:

Thanks bro will check out the C320 natural aspirated as you said that's c class pls what year or model is it V6 or v4

actually there is nothing like v4... it's just a 4 cylinder engine

in benz anything from 320 upwards is a 6 cylinder and a V6

anything from 450 upward in benz is an 8 cylinder and a V8

C320 is best ....

w203 ... go for 2005 model
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

one thing about Honda (Acura ) is that they have fantastic interior and that GL has the same interior with ML 350... that was where benz got it wrong

you are right about the interior... what's your take on engine and handling
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2020
IkpuMmadu:
one thing about Honda (Acura ) is that they have fantastic interior and that GL has the same interior with ML 350... that was where benz got it wrong

you are right about the interior... what's your take on engine and handling

The MDX handles better. The GL has a better engine.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

C320 is best ....

Lol, apart from the GL450, every other Mercedes 450 model is a turbo six cylinder.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 11:07am On Dec 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, apart from the GL450, every other Mercedes 450 model is a turbo six cylinder.
oh .... I see but GL IS V8

Noted
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The MDX handles better. The GL has a better engine.
oh I see
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2020
kingreign:

A lot to be afraid of pls.

You're coming from an 06 Pilot which probably had the dreaded transmission and the rear suspension squat issues, doesn't mean you should try the GL. The GL is an advanced technology and very complex. It competes with the 2008-2012 S class as a flagship model for Benz.
The suspension is air suspension and when they fail, they'll hit your pocket hard.
The intake manifold runner flaps also fails and these will cause misfires, loss of power, stalling etc.
The front rear SAM module failure could cause the power operated boot, tail lamps etc not to operate. These will cost you some good amount of cash.
The 7G tronic 722.9 transmission was in its early stages of integration during that era and was known to fail especially its Valve body or TCM.
Then is the vacuum air leaks and oil leaks these vehicles are known for.

Every wondered why they sell tokumbo around 7m and Nigerian used around 3m?

Your best bet of the trio will actually be a highlander because that was a new designed vehicle, its the most economical of the trio, its also not as fugly as the pilot 2nd gen, and its faster.

I'm saying this in a Mercedes Benz thread, not becauze I hate benz, but because I am a realistic person. Do not listen to folks who are going to tell you fantasies and coerce you with sweet words so you can buy their preferred brand in this benz thread. If you do, when the bills start loading, you'd be the one to bear the brunt alone.
you said the truth.. GL450 is a huge car
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drhappy(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

C320 is best ....

in Benz, anything from 320 240 upward is a 6 cylinder(inline) or a V6 engine (240, 280, 300, 320 and 350)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
drhappy:
in Benz, anything from 320 240 upward is a 6 cylinder(inline) or a V6 engine (240, 280, 300, 320 and 350)

Again, false. Any car with a 300 badge is a turbo four cylinder. Apart from the W204.

A 250 is the same.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Anisiobi2: 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

If you want to do her well, buy an RX330 or something. Very comfortable ride.

That ML is awful. Awful ride quality, awful road manners, rust issues, electronic issues.

Just friendly advice. wink
thanks bro but what about rx300
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
Anisiobi2:

Looks quite outdated these days.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
Anisiobi2:
Buy your ML350 or 320 and enjoy it. Forget these naysayers. The problems associated with the proposed ventures will cost you plenty If they ever surface

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 5:26am On Dec 18, 2020
drhappy:
oh that is amazing
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 5:28am On Dec 18, 2020
Kewtt:

Buy your ML350 or 320 and enjoy it. Forget these naysayers. The problems associated with the proposed ventures will cost you plenty If they ever surface
I didn't respond... I just refered the guy to youtube to get a review and see what the real users of the SUV said... Some people that have used the car reviewed it there and here. I believe that and I will take them serious not naysayers as you tightly said

From what I saw in that youtube. 85% of the users of that ML 320 4matic were happy with their suv some said they are. Not willing to sell while others love 350

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 5:33am On Dec 18, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Looks quite outdated these days.

Bro,I think that the concept of outdated is just funny, cars still maintain the same principles ... Example the engine combustion haven't changed much and the trans hasn't either

In USA folks still drive 1980s cars oh europe is the worst, you still get vintage citroen cars and moris minor

So I think it is all about maintainnce... Many cars of old are even much better of today's plastics

Maybe I am wrong

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drhappy(m): 7:39am On Dec 18, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Bro,I think that the concept of outdated is just funny, cars still maintain the same principles ... Example the engine combustion haven't changed much and the trans hasn't either

In USA folks still drive 1980s cars oh europe is the worst, you still get vintage citroen cars and moris minor

So I think it is all about maintainnce... Many cars of old are even much better of today's plastics

Maybe I am wrong
you are not wrong but full of wisdom.
I personally believe the "newness" of anything is a function of time as a brand new car today will end up as outdated eventually. My views about vehicles bothers on reliability and my comfort before considering the perceptions of others. As long as a car can move me from point A to B without hassles, the year of production is inconsequential. I would rather channel the extra cash on more enduring legacies unlike cars that you will get tired of after a couple of years on our terrible roads.
Lastly, do you realise those who have money they truly worked for are usually not "latest" freaks?
Kindly look up Bill Gates, Carlos Slim or even Dangote. Their common lifestyle reflects why they are up where they are today.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2020
drhappy:
I personally believe the "newness" of anything is a function of time as a brand new car today will end up as outdated eventually. My views about vehicles bothers on reliability and my comfort before considering the perceptions of others. As long as a car can move me from point A to B without hassles, the year of production is inconsequential. I would rather channel the extra cash more enduring legacies unlike cars that you will get tired of after a couple of years on our terrible roads.
Lastly, do you realise those who have money they truly worked for are usually not "latest" freaks?
Look up Bill Gates, Carlos Slim or even Dangote.
Dangote is driven in brand new landcruisers.What are you talking about?
Oga old cars are trash,make we no dey use because of poverty(low purchasing power+lack of credit) dey talk gibberish.
It's better to buy a brand new Toyota rush than a 10 year old mercedes.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:02am On Dec 18, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Oga old cars are trash,make we no dey use because of poverty(low purchasing power+lack of credit) dey talk gibberish.

The truth is somewhere between.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:10am On Dec 18, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The truth is somewhere between.
You know me,supreme convener of the truth. smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2020
drhappy:
I personally believe the "newness" of anything is a function of time as a brand new car today will end up as outdated eventually. My views about vehicles bothers on reliability and my comfort before considering the perceptions of others. As long as a car can move me from point A to B without hassles, the year of production is inconsequential. I would rather channel the extra cash on more enduring legacies unlike cars that you will get tired of after a couple of years on our terrible roads.
Kindly look up Bill Gates, Carlos Slim or even Dangote. Their common lifestyle reflects why they are up where they are today.

Having been to a couple of nations and one thing I noticed about blacks and Africans is that we love showmanahip... Once a car comes out, you go to dealership, trade the other one then impress your fellow black Folks with the car not impressing them with your strides or intellectual sagacity... This is the black culture in europe and usa

Now we as Nigerians have copied that mentality, we say this car is old and that car is old, let's take the C Class benz of 2003 model, to some folks they would say it's old but in Germany and Austria even UAE, They still drive that ride well maintained...

That C class has 6 airbags (2 dashboard and 4 at the doors ) some 2020 cars don't even have the number of those airbags , full 4matic

With ESP, BAS , ETS and all those safety features in that C Class most 2018 cars don't have them apart from basic ABS

Now people would look at the C class as old without asking how does it handles , drives, corners and the 0 - 60 km ...

No the average black Nigerian would say he is driving a 2003 benz while I am driving a 2015 Camry without asking what and why ?

You see that is black folks mentality and it has to do with rap culture carry over ... As you age in life , maybe in 40s you will realize that you don't need to start changing cars everyday... That is if you are legit... You start planning for your retirement

In 30s or late 20s you are mad about models and age in cars... We understand, it is their age ( if you look at those guys theey fall into that age bracket ) new moneys

If your in late teens and early 20s, you will be mad about phones, every year you change phones to impress and you are mad about Gucci, Versace, givenchy , prada etc

Now if you are in your 50s and getting matured you are thinking about holiday homes, investments, kids graduation etc

So at a point don't blame them in a way... It's their age but most of them carry this mentality to late 40s and at the end of the day 50s would be a life of regret

So , when I see them talk here on nairaland and social media... I just laugh and move on... I learnt this from wise old men that are living comfortably

I will not want to say in my late 40s and 50s that I drove so so so and so cars and I drove 10 cars

I would want to say, I am happy for the life lived and I am staying in my home and can travel for vacation anywhere I wannt .... People rarely impress me with the model of cars but how it is well maintained.

I would value a citroen 1985 model (vintage ) to 2018 model of Honda... The 1985 model would turn heads

That's how I want to roll in future... Driving clean vintage cars

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:23am On Dec 18, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Having been to a couple of nations and one thing I noticed about blacks and Africans is that we love showmanahip... Once a car comes out, you go to dealership, trade the other one then impress your fellow black Folks with the car not impressing them with your strides or intellectual sagacity... This is the black culture in europe and usa

Now we as Nigerians have copied that mentality, we say this car is old and that car is old, let's take the C Class benz of 2003 model, to some folks they would say it's old but in Germany and Austria even UAE, They still drive that ride well maintained...

That C class has 6 airbags (2 dashboard and 4 at the doors ) some 2020 cars don't even have the number of those airbags , full 4matic

With ESP, BAS , ETS and all those safety features in that C Class most 2018 cars don't have them apart from basic ABS

Now people would look at the C class as old without asking how does it handles , drives, corners and the 0 - 60 km ...

No the average black Nigerian would say he is driving a 2003 benz while I am driving a 2015 Camry without asking what and why ?

You see that is black folks mentality and it has to do with rap culture carry over ... As you age in life , maybe in 40s you will realize that you don't need to start changing cars everyday... That is if you are legit... You start planning for your retirement

In 30s or late 20s you are mad about models and age in cars... We understand, it is their age ( if you look at those guys theey fall into that age bracket ) new moneys

If your in late teens and early 20s, you will be mad about phones, every year you change phones to impress and you are mad about Gucci, Versace, givenchy , prada etc

Now if you are in your 50s and getting matured you are thinking about holiday homes, investments, kids graduation etc

So at a point don't blame them in a way... It's their age but most of them carry this mentality to late 40s and at the end of the day 50s would be a life of regret

So , when I see them talk here on nairaland and social media... I just laugh and move on
grin
It's all about disposable income my man,its got nothing to do with the age of a person.
When you've got good money,you tend to go for the good things of life.
My chairman is in his late 40s,a family and homely man,has country homes,etc...both in Nigeria and the US.
Yet somehow he still managed to squeeze a Range rover,landcruiser and an incoming G wagon(2020 ooo) to his fleet.
So you see how obsolete your point about age is?
Truth is,old luxury cars make you look poor,wannabe,wretched and stupid.
If you are thinking about investments and all that,please buy a basic car and leave luxury alone,before you tell the world you are too poor to own luxury yet you want luxury.
I am very investment savvy,run a good business and very careful with money yet I would never make the mistake of buying a luxury car older than 5yrs ever again!
As I can't afford it now ehn,I will keep driving my corolla till I can,end of story.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
sir he made his point and you don't have to impose yours on him.. it's a conversation...some people live for something

I am am igbo guy and in Onitsha , I have seen people , I know many of my people that have serious busineesses , I mean real money, like 5 storey buildings like 5 or 6 in a hot city like Onitsha driving a V Boot...ask around.. these guys are rich in all ramification! Their wives drives good cars but they love vintage...I have seen a lot of them

For instance, Microsoft co-founder and world's richest person Bill Gates recently bought himself a Porsche 911 supercar. Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson, likewise, famously drives his amphibious Gibbs Aquada around the U.K. But there are other billionaires who never let go of the thrifty habits that contributed to their success.

The founder and CEO of Facebook, the world's largest social networking platform, is often seen driving a black Acura TSX, a car valued around $30,000. He says he prefers the choice because it's "safe, comfortable and not ostentatious."

Heiress to the Wal-Mart fortune, Alice Walton is now the wealthiest woman in the world after Liliane Bettencourt passed away this week. Her vehicle of choice is a 2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch, with a modest price of around $40,000

Her late father Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart, drove around the 1979 version of the same truck until he died in 1992.

The owner of the Los Angeles Clippers and former CEO of Microsoft has proudly driven Fords throughout his life because his father was a manager at Ford Motor Company.

In 2009, Ballmer was personally delivered a new Ford Fusion Hybrid by Ford's CEO at the time, Alan Mulally, in celebration of their one-millionth vehicle equipped with SYNC, an in-vehicle communications and entertainment system.

The car's original retail price was around $28,000.

How many of these guys are you richer than sir? I am not saying buying a latest car isn't good but people have choice in life...some people can decide to spend their money on cars and latest trucks while some wood say okay, I need a yatch, I need to invest in startups or I need to buy a property in a city

It's all about trash...a C 320 car has a speedometer of 220 and if we have a Lexus that has the same speedometer of 220 of 2021 with same speedo do you think that the Lexus would outrun the C class (equilibrium constant ) or things being equal ? It's simple physics ..what we should be comparing between the two are handling , conering or even stability

Some folks don't aren't even bothered about the latest rides trust me , just like some folks aren't even bothered with the latest phones ...what they believe is due maintained cars no matter the age

It's all about individual preference

My personal opinion...I might be wrong to you though

Peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
grin
It's all about disposable income my man,its got nothing to do with the age of a person.
When you've got good money,you tend to go for the good things of life.
My chairman is in his late 40s,a family and homely man,has country homes,etc...both in Nigeria and the US.
Yet somehow he still managed to squeeze a Range rover,landcruiser and an incoming G wagon(2020 ooo) to his fleet.
So you see how obsolete your point about age is?
Truth is,old luxury cars make you look poor,wannabe,wretched and stupid.
If you are thinking about investments and all that,please buy a basic car and leave luxury alone,before you tell the world you are too poor to own luxury yet you want luxury.
I am very investment savvy,run a good business and very careful with money yet I would never make the mistake of buying a luxury car older than 5yrs ever again!
As I can't afford it now ehn,I will keep driving my corolla till I can,end of story.

I said some , it's an individual thing .. your chairman is a family man right? He has homes in Nigeria and USA right? He has paid his dues and can treat himself to a Range

My own is that you see someone that is staying in one room apartment bought a tokunbo 2010 car, now he would say that someone driving a BMW 1997 model or Benz 190 Is an old car yet the guy with thee BMW has houses and businesses while he with his 2010 Benz is still in a room sefl contained and earning salary every month while the BMW is paying salary every month

We don see these things in Lagos . All na packaging... I have come to realize that I don't value people based on cars and phones

Looks can be deceptive

That's just my submission.. I prefer a well maintained cars , need cars, pimped rides and vintage cars gives me an erëction

How I wish I can see a 404 peugeot that is clean, I would buy it and pîmp it up rim to dash.

That is me .... I am not crazy about latest stuff .. it doesn't freak me,...I am crazy about how the future would look like

That is my own perception.. it's like channging phones every year. Bro . We have grown pass that level naaa...

Once a phone can sync my emails, multi task, do my office work on the go... I am good. Why change the phone yearly

Once it's not broken you don't fix it bro

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2020
IkpuMmadu:
sir he made his point and you don't have to impose yours on him.. it's a conversation...some people live for something

I am am igbo guy and in Onitsha , I have seen people , I know many of my people that have serious busineesses , I mean real money, like 5 storey buildings like 5 or 6 in a hot city like Onitsha driving a V Boot...ask around.. these guys are rich in all ramification! Their wives drives good cars but they love vintage...I have seen a lot of them

For instance, Microsoft co-founder and world's richest person Bill Gates recently bought himself a Porsche 911 supercar. Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson, likewise, famously drives his amphibious Gibbs Aquada around the U.K. But there are other billionaires who never let go of the thrifty habits that contributed to their success.

The founder and CEO of Facebook, the world's largest social networking platform, is often seen driving a black Acura TSX, a car valued around $30,000. He says he prefers the choice because it's "safe, comfortable and not ostentatious."

Heiress to the Wal-Mart fortune, Alice Walton is now the wealthiest woman in the world after Liliane Bettencourt passed away this week. Her vehicle of choice is a 2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch, with a modest price of around $40,000

Her late father Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart, drove around the 1979 version of the same truck until he died in 1992.

The owner of the Los Angeles Clippers and former CEO of Microsoft has proudly driven Fords throughout his life because his father was a manager at Ford Motor Company.

In 2009, Ballmer was personally delivered a new Ford Fusion Hybrid by Ford's CEO at the time, Alan Mulally, in celebration of their one-millionth vehicle equipped with SYNC, an in-vehicle communications and entertainment system.

How many of these guys are you richer than sir? I am not saying buying a latest car isn't good but people have choice in life...some people can decide to spend their money on cars and latest trucks while some wood say okay, I need a yatch, I need to invest in startups or I need to buy a property in a city

It's all about trash...a C 320 car has a speedometer of 220 and if we have a Lexus that has the same speedometer of 220 of 2021 with same speedo do you think that the Lexus would outrun the C class (equilibrium constant ) or things being equal ? It's simple physics ..what we should be comparing between the two are handling , conering or even stability

Some folks don't aren't even bothered about the latest rides trust me , just like some folks aren't even bothered with the latest phones ...what they believe is due maintained cars no matter the age

Peace

Every single person you listed has million dollar cars in their garages, don't play yourself. Mark, for example, has a $1.4m Pagani Huayra.

The ones that don't, have ridiculous expensive yachtes or jets. You get to a point and cars aren't an indication of wealth at all. A million dollar car is nothing to Jeff Bezos, which is why you may see him in a Corolla while he owns a $70m yacht by the side.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 8:59am On Dec 18, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Every single person you listed has million dollar cars in their garages, don't play yourself. Mark, for example, has a $1.4m Pagani Huayra.

The ones that don't, have ridiculous expensive yachtes or jets. You get to a point and cars aren't an indication of wealth at all. A million dollar car is nothing to Jeff Bezos, which is why you may see him in a Corolla while he owns a $70m yacht by the side.

Cars aren't an indication of wealth just like flaunting big phones indicates wealth.... Wealth don't make noise .. I mean legit wealth

If you have been to europe, USA Canada and some sane nations .. you will see how differently the whites behave. The Africans and blacks are very noisy and loud trust me ....

I have seen stinking rich folks in Onitsha and Nnewi driving very sinokee cars ... But dudes are with over billions .. I am saying this because that is where I come from....

To them cars don't freak them .. what you can afford over and over don't freak you

What freaks them are business expansion and I choose to be like them

It's like buying phones every year and throwing away the ones that you have just to impress... People would even start seeing thee person as stupid . They will hail in front and laugh at the back

I am particularly about my 50s not even now.. I don't value people based on cars

I have a Range Evogue sports in my mechanic, the dude couldn't maintain it , the car is rusting there and the mechanic have used the car as a packing store... I can snap the picture and show you... He wants to sell the car for 400k... And nobody is buying

I don't look at models, I look at well maintained ! Trust me.. what freaks me is investment. I would respect a man that drives a C 320 2005 model and have a firm paying salaries to folks than a dude that drive E 450 2015 model renting flat and earning salaries

I have mad respect for entrepreneurial dudes , I respect them die.. even if they are the smallest... That is what freaks me not cars

Personal opinion

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:01am On Dec 18, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Peace

I'm sure you know the Mark Zuckerberg you guys always make reference to owns a pagani sha,and we all know what it's worth.
Also about the C320 and the lexus,yes the lexus will outrun the C320 with both having 220 as their speedo limit.
What you measure in cars is acceleration,not top speed.
Which will get yo a higher speed first,that's how you know which car can outrun the other.
Also,I don't know about the so called "fake boys" because I'm not one,neither do I roll with them nor live in a selfcon so i wouldn't know.
But my point is simple,if the so called rich man wasn't trying to make a statement,then why buy a luxury car in the first place?
It just shows they want luxury and the lustre that comes with it but somehow cant afford proper luxury.
And also,I don't see people in Onitsha as rich,neither do I think they are sane.
It cost so little to develop all those their poorly finished tall houses you see littered obosi up until nkpor(we have a lot so I know) and the rental value of those too are very shitty,so I don't expect people that own those to have enough disposable income,reason why they all live like pigs.
It's one thing to have cash flow(their usual trading businesses),and it's another thing entirely to have disposable income,I hope you know the difference.
One single 4 storey building in GRA PH can be worth 10 of those shabby things in Onitsha and can produce 10 times their rental income,so who do you think will be able to buy better cars?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.