Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966916 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by asamwababy: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
BamBamK:
looool

u sound like a product of a broken home
profane adult with zero sense.... u have nothing meaningful to share so ill pardon ur ill manners

Clown grin

Am sure you re pained.

Next time learn to mind your business or be ready to be dragged cos i never mentioned you at any point in time.

A broken home is better than one whose pregnancy was denied.

This is my last message.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
kuntash:
8000 Naira is more than $50, and thats what Mobil-1 of 4 liters is sold , , and its sold @ many Mobil Filling stations here in Nigeria.

I would look for 10w-40 as you recommended, I hope to get it cheaper.

I use Mobil-1 for my other car- , Camry: and I am anticipating oil replacement sometime in July/August after about 10-11 months,

I understand Mobil-1 could be cheaper in the long run, considering the cost of filter and the and the interval for other brands, in my Camry I use even less than 4-litre, but MB is 5 - 6 litres , I would do the estimation and revert,

Most likely, I am sure I can get a good brand like Mobil-1 in a 5-litre bottle as opposed to 4litre of Mobil-1 and @ a cheaper rate too, in any case, I would update you.

thanks alot.
9 years later... Mobil 1 is now 35k per keg... cry

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2020
weyreypey:

Ahize Liqui Moly! I die fighting (I can never buy it) Imported Mobil 1 is even 25k.Good riddance
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bizzle2: 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2021
Commonsense101:

Nice ride, That's a sweet colour
thanks smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 7:47am On Jan 02, 2021
weyreypey:

Life and times of being a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cessna150(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
Guys, I finally got my c300 2011 January. Soooo COMFORTABLE to drive. Mercedes are and will be a pinnacle of luxury and performance. But to say a Mercedes Benz is ‘the best car to drive’ would be an opinion, not a fact. I almost embarassed myself today, I had to quickly Google how to open the fuel port LOL.

So guys, who can recommend a very good mechanic for me that can be assisting anytime I need work to be done.

Thank you guys

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2021
cessna150:
Guys, I finally got my c300 2011 January. Soooo COMFORTABLE to drive. Mercedes are and will be a pinnacle of luxury and performance. But to say a Mercedes Benz is ‘the best car to drive’ would be an opinion, not a fact. I almost embarassed myself today, I had to quickly Google how to open the fuel port LOL.

So guys, who can recommend a very good mechanic for me that can be assisting anytime I need work to be done.

Thank you guys
Location?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cessna150(m): 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
weyreypey:

Location?

Mainland, Lagos.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
cessna150:

Mainland, Lagos.
Oluwaseunla, chibuzor, nakoks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
weyreypey:

Wizard
Somehow I don't agree with the post.
We all know that car designers and engineers are mostly boxed.
There are lines they can't cross while engineering a vehicle...they must follow standards,codes and regulations.
A car owner or a freelance tune dealer is not bound by these laws.
In many countries you can tweak ECMs,modify vehicles for any purpose you want.
For starters....removing the cat from any car that has one will improve fuel economy, acceleration e.t.c significantly.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
shortgun:

Somehow I don't agree with the post.
We all know that car designers and engineers are mostly boxed.
There are lines they can't cross while engineering a vehicle...they must follow standards,codes and regulations.
A car owner or a freelance tune dealer is not bound by these laws.
In many countries you can tweak ECMs,modify vehicles for any purpose you want.
For starters....removing the cat from any car that has one will improve fuel economy, acceleration e.t.c significantly.
You're correct
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2021
like i said earlier, "i'll pardon ur ill manners"

asamwababy:

Clown grin

Am sure you re pained.

Next time learn to mind your business or be ready to be dragged cos i never mentioned you at any point in time.

A broken home is better than one whose pregnancy was denied.

This is my last message.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
BamBamK:
like i said earlier, "i'll pardon ur ill manners"

I like your approach.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by checkolatunji: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hello my peeps

I will need your advice on this.

I want to buy MB GLA 250 (2015 or 2016) or Toyota Highlander 2015. Though, my first choice is the former why the latter is second choice.

But the problem im having is the maintenance between both. I know I will spend more on MB but I would like to know if I won't over spend compare to the Toyota Highlander.

I await your response.

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
checkolatunji:
Hello my peeps

I will need your advice on this.

I want to buy MB GLA 250 (2015 or 2016) or Toyota Highlander 2015. Though, my first choice is the former why the latter is second choice.

But the problem im having is the maintenance between both. I know I will spend more on MB but I would like to know if I won't over spend compare to the Toyota Highlander.

I await your response.

Thanks

The Highlander is much better in pretty much every aspect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by checkolatunji: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

The Highlander is much better in pretty much every aspect.

Thanks for your contribution
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
checkolatunji:

Thanks for your contribution
Be careful. They'll still yab you in the highlander

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by checkolatunji: 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
weyreypey:

Be careful. They'll still yab you in the highlander

Lolzzz. I know my people wella, so I no mind cos I know I will get answer to my question.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by macomrades(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2021
Guys! Long time lurker, first time poster.
I have an 06 c230 with the 722.9 transmission which needs an oil change. I was leaning towards using liqui moly top tec 1600 but I yesterday I saw a 'genuine' MB transmission fluid (pictures attached) so my question is: are the MB transmission fluids faked? I ask cos the price quoted for it sounded too good to be true to my ears. Is this the real thing?

1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 9:27am On Jan 06, 2021
Even going by the sticker that is loosing concentration, I wouldn't put than in my Benz. Trial and errors are for Toyotas. grin

PS: Don't come for me, iyam not fillin fyne

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2021
macomrades:
Guys! Long time lurker, first time poster.
I have an 06 c230 with the 722.9 transmission which needs an oil change. I was leaning towards using liqui moly top tec 1600 but I yesterday I saw a 'genuine' MB transmission fluid (pictures attached) so my question is: are the MB transmission fluids faked? I ask cos the price quoted for it sounded too good to be true to my ears. Is this the real thing?

I just serviced my gear and i used the Liqui Moly Top Tec 1800(goes for about 6k per litre) .That star oil you are holding is China clone.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2021
nakoks:

I just serviced my gear and i used the Liqui Moly Top Tec 1800(goes for about 6k per litre) .That star oil you are holding is China clone.

The 1600 is more expensive but am sure the 1800 will suit your ride.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by macomrades(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2021
Thanks guys. I guess better safe than sorry. Top Tec 1600 it is then.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
macomrades:
Thanks guys. I guess better safe than sorry. Top Tec 1600 it is then.

Best for your ride though an overkill.Its made for the 7 speed transmission ,although backward compatible.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nuwell(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
cessna150:

Thank you guys

Congrats, man. Care to share pictures and tell of your experience so far? I want one of those soon too
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
cessna150:

Thank you guys

What then will you call a ferrari or bugatti or a Rolls Royce or Bentley?

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cessna150(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
nuwell:

Congrats, man. Care to share pictures and tell of your experience so far? I want one of those soon too

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cessna150(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
[quote author=cessna150 post=97782371][/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2021
kingreign:

What then will you call a ferrari or bugatti or a Rolls Royce or Bentley?

Nothing compared to Mercedes, boss. We all know Mercedes is #1.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Nothing compared to Mercedes, boss. We all know Mercedes is #1.

The best or nothing!

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor266: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
kingreign:

The best or nothing!
I pity the kids who will see this comment in the future and take it literally.

Like the ones who argue that Benzedes do not somasult. I told him, don't worry, when the time reach, angels from Diamler and Geely will come and hold your four tyres to stop the vehicle from somasult. cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.