Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,665 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965499 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2021
Kewtt:

Fault like Xmas lights.... blinking here and there...

This thing can drive one crazy lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 11:40am On May 01, 2021
Sbclothings:
now I guess I have to find one pls am paying on Tuesday pls anyone with a contact pls

I am not in Ogun state anymore now in Benin. Ask friends that use benz so they can introduce you to a good technician for inspection
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2021
Sbclothings:
lol ...omo this una Benz come they fear me now oooo....I have been driving a Peugeot 407 for 3 yrs now and people nearly killed me for buying a Peugeot but the best car I have had all my life ....Dependable and reliable ....So am a little inclined towards buying European car becos of the thrills that comes with them
Get an infiniti G35/37, its got more thrills than a 6 cylinder benz.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 11:25pm On May 01, 2021
Guys e be like say I don enter one chance. My ml500 w164 was diagnosed with a bad compressor
and this was confirmed by 3 different auto workshops before I decided to fix cos the heat na die. The guy I gave it to changed the whole system just to make sure no stories. He added a manual compressor however because he said it's more durable and he can return if any issues arise. He also added a manual thermometer to regulate. I got the car back with AC working but the fan speed is in full gear. I mean the sound is like a plane about to take off when the compressor picks up. Took it back immediately and he diagnosed and says the ECU needs to be changed!!! Abeg gurus, what's the way out of this mess?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 2:28am On May 02, 2021
toyeoye:
Guys e be like say I don enter one chance. My ml500 w164 was diagnosed with a bad compressor
and this was confirmed by 3 different auto workshops before I decided to fix cos the heat na die. The guy I gave it to changed the whole system just to make sure no stories. He added a manual compressor however because he said it's more durable and he can return if any issues arise. He also added a manual thermometer to regulate. I got the car back with AC working but the fan speed is in full gear. I mean the sound is like a plane about to take off when the compressor picks up. Took it back immediately and he diagnosed and says the ECU needs to be changed!!! Abeg gurus, what's the way out of this mess?
Put back factory compressor.
The ECU no dey communicate well again with cooling unit(the sensor on it) so the car thinks there is a heating problem and blow high fan all because of the conversion the technician do,nothing else.
Na so benz dey ,no cutting corners!
Always replace parts with exactly what oyibo said,no imaginations abi construction.
And I also think that technician is crazy,nothing is wrong with your ECU.
If benz ECU get problem trust me,no be AC guy go tell you wink,
When e show you shege finish,you go know grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 6:15am On May 02, 2021
toyeoye:
Nope. Don't embark on a journey of no return. Where's your location? If Lagos find gazzuzz, nakoks, oluwaseunla (that one dey dodge work) mosbus, or kamo.

Now stop. Pause collect everything they've removed. And bail out!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 7:38am On May 02, 2021
Kewtt:

Nope. Don't embark on a journey of no return. Where's your location? If Lagos find gazzuzz, nakoks, oluwaseunla (that one dey dodge work) mosbus, or kamo.

Now stop. Pause collect everything they've removed. And bail out!

Thank you for the feedback. I'm in Abuja abeg o
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 7:41am On May 02, 2021
SeaTrade:
The ECU no dey communicate well again with cooling unit(the sensor on it) so the car thinks there is a heating problem and blow high fan all because of the conversion the technician do,nothing else.
Always replace parts with exactly what oyibo said,no imaginations abi construction.

So should he just get the automated compressor? Instead of the manual?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 7:45am On May 02, 2021
toyeoye:

So should he just get the automated compressor? Instead of the manual?
Yes and also remove any nasty connection/modification he made.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 7:52am On May 02, 2021
SeaTrade:
Yes and also remove any nasty connection/modification he made.

Okay, doing this tomorrow. Returning the factory compressor and removing his dodgy connection. All other items can be left in place and I run for my life. So way forward is to get the factory compressor installed. Noted bro, thanks a million
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 7:56am On May 02, 2021
toyeoye:

Okay, doing this tomorrow. Returning the factory compressor and removing his dodgy connection. All other items can be left in place and I run for my life. So way forward is to get the factory compressor installed. Noted bro, thanks a million
Yes and yes again.
Goodluck to you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:00am On May 02, 2021
SeaTrade:
You have spoken very well.Na this thing i dey always shout.........The engineers in Stuttgart are not stupid.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 11:02am On May 02, 2021
nakoks:

You have spoken very well.Na this thing i dey always shout.........The engineers in Stuttgart are not stupid.

I weak sef, hopefully nothing else is damaged
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 11:05am On May 02, 2021
toyeoye:

Call me on 07034581213.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 12:32pm On May 02, 2021
toyeoye:

Call kingreign.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 1:18pm On May 02, 2021
kingreign:

Call me on 07034581213.

Yes boss, calling asap
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 1:19pm On May 02, 2021
Kewtt:

Call kingreign.

Thanks bro, I'd do that
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 8:26am On May 04, 2021
Good morning All,

Please this is for those with daily users experience and not for mechanics or the I sabi Benz people.
Honest feedback please. I beg una

I am about buying any of 2007-2012 ml350. My mechanic advised I should go for it that i can use it for all round daily use.
I mean from house to office to meetings etc. (Monday to Sunday use)

That is why I want those who use their everyday to share their experience

1. Is it possible and how long have you been using yours?
2. Do you use it during raining season where most part of lagos are flooded?

Thank you for your responses
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 10:47am On May 04, 2021
awesome9ja:
Good morning All,

Please this is for those with daily users experience and not for mechanics or the I sabi Benz people.

I am about buying any of 2007-2012 ml350. My mechanic advised I should go for it that i can use it for all round daily use.

You dey beg abi?U don drive your Corolla finish abi?.Anyways ML has a good ground clearance so no fear flood(i no talk say make you swim river o).For 54 months i dey crank my C class daily no issues.The ML is more solid so i expect better performance.The economy is good too so nothing to worry.The only thing be say if your AC do kpakam like this KAMO go use bill tear you(smiles).Enjoy your ride

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 4:05pm On May 04, 2021
Heavenlybang nakoks Jewry gazzuzz
My cls 500 vibrates when idled and I don’t know what the suspect is.

Any ideas?
Please help

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 4:05pm On May 04, 2021
awesome9ja:
Good morning All,

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 4:06pm On May 04, 2021
OfficialDJ:
Heavenlybang nakoks Jewry gazzuzz

Any ideas?
Please help
You see a check engine light there. Scan the thing .... And post codes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 4:08pm On May 04, 2021
Kewtt:

You see a check engine light there. Scan the thing .... And post codes.
alright. I’d revert back
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:13pm On May 04, 2021
[quote author=OfficialDJ post=101376371]Heavenlybang nakoks Jewry gazzuzz

Any ideas?
Please help[/quot

It could be as simple as engine seats ......check them
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 7:03pm On May 04, 2021
You na our chairman nau.
Thanks for your feedback
[quote author=nakoks post=101367239][/quote]
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 7:35pm On May 04, 2021
[quote author=nakoks post=101380162][/quote] it was the plugs. Just one. I’ve had it changed and it’s back to normal.
Just one code p0444.

Any help?

Gazzuzz nurey kingreign etc
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:39am On May 05, 2021
toyeoye:
contact mosbus here on Nairaland, do anything he tells you to
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:46am On May 05, 2021
Sbclothings:
lol ...omo this una Benz come they fear me now oooo....I have been driving a Peugeot 407 for 3 yrs now and people nearly killed me for buying a Peugeot but the best car I have had all my life ....Dependable and reliable ....So am a little inclined towards buying European car becos of the thrills that comes with them
is your Pug having a manual or Auto transmission ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by austinkenneth: 8:33am On May 05, 2021
Abeg someone should help me with the prizes of the following so the mechanics would chop me finish
Car is 2008 ML 550 (Engine: M273.. 5.5L V8)

1. Left Side mirror
2. Rear left tail (trafigator) bulb
3. O2 (oxygen) sensor
4. Knock sensor
5. 4 wheel sensors for the tyre pressure monitoring system
6. Engine oil filter
7. Engine air filter (2)
8. Cabin air filter
9. Brake fluid
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:15am On May 05, 2021
austinkenneth:
Abeg someone should help me with the prizes of the following so the mechanics would chop me finish
Car is 2008 ML 550 (Engine: M273.. 5.5L V8)

1. Left Side mirror
2. Rear left tail (trafigator) bulb
3. O2 (oxygen) sensor
4. Knock sensor
5. 4 wheel sensors for the tyre pressure monitoring system
6. Engine oil filter
7. Engine air filter (2)
8. Cabin air filter
9. Brake fluid

Trafficator
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 10:46am On May 05, 2021
the correction no necessary

help am with him request

Philadelphia:

Trafficator

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 12:10pm On May 05, 2021
BamBamK:
the correction no necessary

help am with him request

Sh!thole

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.