Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (969923 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KHARS1: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2022
Good day everyone, this is my first comment on any thread for years on nairaland I want to appreciate the contributors to this thread as it's my favorite in the car talk section.

I have a question I want to ask, people say that the w205 c300 is not suitable in Nigeria due to hydolock issues caused by lack of premium fuel. I see a lot of C300 around recently, how do they cope with the fuel?

I heard some add lead booster,how often are they supposed to do so? and is the c300 reliable in this country if maintained properly?

Or is someone just expected to go with the C400 if none of the issues can be solved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 10:40am On Sep 02, 2022
KHARS1:
Good day everyone, this is my first comment on any thread for years on nairaland I want to appreciate the contributors to this thread as it's my favorite in the car talk section.

I have a question I want to ask, people say that the w205 c300 is not suitable in Nigeria due to hydolock issues caused by lack of premium fuel. I see a lot of C300 around recently, how do they cope with the fuel?

I heard some add lead booster,how often are they supposed to do so? and is the c300 reliable in this country if maintained properly?

Or is someone just expected to go with the C400 if none of the issues can be solved?
Welcome. I will comment soon. Your question is not one.
A. You asked about premium fuel Vs regular fuel issues in Nigeria. Liquimoly octane booster will solve that. Ask nakoks for original supply.

B. Hydrolock engine is not related to lack of premium fuel. Rather water leakage onto the piston chambers. Bearing in mind that water is not compressible.

Simply put "Hydrolock occurs when a volume of liquid greater than the volume of the cylinder at its minimum (end of the piston's stroke) enters the cylinder. Since liquids are nearly incompressible the piston cannot complete its travel; either the engine must stop rotating or a mechanical failure must occur." Source Wikipedia
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KHARS1: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2022
Thanks for your response, I look forward to your remaining answers
searchng4love:

Welcome. I will comment soon. Your question is not one.
A. You asked about premium fuel Vs regular fuel issues in Nigeria. Liquimoly octane booster will solve that. Ask nakoks for original supply.

B. Hydrolock engine is not related to lack of premium fuel. Rather water leakage onto the piston chambers. Bearing in mind that water is not compressible.

Simply put "Hydrolock occurs when a volume of liquid greater than the volume of the cylinder at its minimum (end of the piston's stroke) enters the cylinder. Since liquids are nearly incompressible the piston cannot complete its travel; either the engine must stop rotating or a mechanical failure must occur." Source Wikipedia
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
KHARS1:

Thanks for your response, I look forward to your remaining answers
Datsall. You may want to know why people tend to avoid it in Nigeria.... I'll leave that to others. Cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
Felicity0001:
Does anyone has a w203 m111 or m271 1.8L/2.0L registered C-Class for sale in Lagos? Or her neighboring States I don't mind traveling down to buy provided the car is in good shape.

DM if you've one
0806 917 7946
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bizzyliss:
0xxxxx 79

Thanks you can pull down your contact now if you don't mind.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
KHARS1:

At every fill up, meaning you should allow yor fuel gauage get to the quarter mark.For me in 5 years my guage has never reached that mark(cannot come and be having fuel pump issues anyhow). Meanwhile i know someone with a similar type of engine that always adds that octane booster. The day the cousin took the car out and fueled without adding the booster , that was the day the engine had issue( maybe that is what you are referring to as hydrolock).

One day someone called me that he was at a fuel station and saw a guy in a BMW X6 popped open his trunk and pick a can of liqui moly injector cleaner from a carton before refuelling.

Anyways las las you will be alright , get the W205 if its what you desire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
KHARS1:

Life is too short dude.

Buy anything you want, life's too short.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bayooz(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
I’m looking for a very good clean and competent Mercedes engineer in Ibadan that can solve an issue I have on my truck. It shudders on take off.

Thanks.

Can you contact Mr Sunday at Sharp Corner in Oke Ado?
He handles my cars well.
+234 803 424 1650

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
bayooz:

He handles my cars well.
+234 803 424 1650
He'll spend money there. But I trust egunmogaji2

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Life is too short dude.

Your comment says it all, "life is too short"

grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Life is too short dude.

facts only.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
bayooz:

He handles my cars well.
+234 803 424 1650

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KHARS1: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
Thanks once more, it has being answered
searchng4love:

Datsall. You may want to know why people tend to avoid it in Nigeria.... I'll leave that to others. Cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KHARS1: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
I really appreciate your response.....thanks
nakoks:

At every fill up, meaning you should allow yor fuel gauage get to the quarter mark.For me in 5 years my guage has never reached that mark(cannot come and be having fuel pump issues anyhow). Meanwhile i know someone with a similar type of engine that always adds that octane booster. The day the cousin took the car out and fueled without adding the booster , that was the day the engine had issue( maybe that is what you are referring to as hydrolock).

One day someone called me that he was at a fuel station and saw a guy in a BMW X6 popped open his trunk and pick a can of liqui moly injector cleaner from a carton before refuelling.

Anyways las las you will be alright , get the W205 if its what you desire.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KHARS1: 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
I agree....thanks
EgunMogaji2:

Life is too short dude.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gluck4cars: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Life is too short dude.

Epic answer grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:14am On Sep 03, 2022
KHARS1:

I don’t know where you guys heard or read that story from but C300 W205 isn’t always failing due to hydrolock from non premium fuel. It fails from manufacturing defects and highly cheaply built parts. Nothing stops Mercedes Benz from manufacturing their M274 with forged pistons and cylinder walls with better reinforcement for the type of boost their turbos gained, but hey, It’s a Mercedes culture to always cut corners and cheapen out on key areas of their manufacturing processes and the result is there for all to see!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 6:44am On Sep 03, 2022
kingreign:
I don’t know where you guys heard or read that story from but C300 W205 isn’t always failing due to hydrolock from non premium fuel. It fails from manufacturing defects and highly cheaply built parts. Nothing stops Mercedes Benz from manufacturing their M274 with forged pistons and cylinder walls with better reinforcement for the type of boost their turbos gained, but hey, It’s a Mercedes culture to always cut corners and cheapen out on key areas of their manufacturing processes and the result is there for all to see!
I've never seen an entire post riddled with more bullsh.it than this..

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2022
Djreloaded:
I've never seen an entire post riddled with more bullsh.it than this..

K
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2022
kingreign:

K
LOL no time to prove anything.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Blackzero: 11:07am On Sep 05, 2022
Felicity0001:

Kirikiri road is the best land mark for him or Fidelity bank, Kirikiri road or Pepples bus stop still along kiriekiri road.

At pepples bus stop coming from boundry turn right, 2nd turn left. Drive pass the RCCG on the street and ask for Mr. Victor or Oga Okezie... Okezie is an electrical engineer with over 25yrs experience in auto mobile design, conversion and reinstallation of all kinds of vehicles... Dis man na guru he knows his onions very well.
Victor is a mechanic.
please i need his phone number engine was change on my kia 2012 but the car has refused to start
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 5:41am On Sep 06, 2022
Blackzero:
please i need his phone number engine was change on my kia 2012 but the car has refused to start

Call or send a WhatsApp mgs 080 35 1.3 2 8.7,6
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NewNigeriaMind: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2022
How where can I get Authentic Mobile 1 5w-30 for my 2013 c300 4matic.

Not the fake sold in Ladipo, I scanned the oil and this what I got

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2022
Please who has this for sale and in stock in Nigeria?

Mercedes Driveline Vibration Damper #A0004111100

Thanks.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
NewNigeriaMind:
How where can I get Authentic Mobile 1 5w-30 for my 2013 c300 4matic.

Not the fake sold in Ladipo, I scanned the oil and this what I got

Have you considered Fanfaro?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by izang87(m): 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Please who has this for sale and in stock in Nigeria?

Mercedes Driveline Vibration Damper #A0004111100

Thanks.
Try Mr. Emeka at Okebola area of Ibadan.
I will send his contact via WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NewNigeriaMind: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Have you considered Fanfaro?

Is that a vendor?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2022
NewNigeriaMind:

Is that a vendor?

It’s an oil brand like Motul. Only available at their outlets. It’s what I use on my vehicles.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

It’s an oil brand like Motul. Only available at their outlets. It’s what I use on my vehicles.

Where did you get this?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2022
searchng4love:

Where did you get this?

They have franchises around town here in Ibadan and I’m sure all over Nigeria.

https://fanfarooil.com.ng/

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

They have franchises around town here in Ibadan and I’m sure all over Nigeria.

https://fanfarooil.com.ng/

Contact please if you have?

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.