Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966343 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Any preferred source?
my 08 cls was converted at ladipo, and the guy did a perfect job..

My 015 still uses the airmatic, and I only ply the city with it.

Felicity001 can help.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by duality(m): 10:43am On Nov 29, 2022
cessna150:

Okay and what about 2015 C400?

There are recommendations that c400 is better and it's most likely true.

C300 is not as strong.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 11:09am On Nov 29, 2022
Felicity001:

I can relate sir it's really not easy with the rate of FX it's really not easy keeping up with almost 80k for just servicing of an old car like that.

A can of mobile 1 now is around 27/30k
Cost of filter and mechanic you're the asking about 70/80k already. You've even talk about cost of fueling and maintenance, how about children's school fees among others.

I was in your shoes b4 I simply down graded to semi synthetic oil.

You can try Northwest full synthetic oil the oil is okay if you insist on synthetic blend but best alternative is semi synthetic not that 20w50
lord bless you....semi synthetic is the best for him....

using full synthetic for an old car like that isn't advisable
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Diza46(f): 7:50am On Nov 30, 2022
OfficialDJ:

Felicity001 can help.
good morning sir how was your night
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Diza46(f): 7:51am On Nov 30, 2022
OfficialDJ:

Felicity001 can help.
please sir I send you a mail can you please respond to it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2022
OfficialDJ:

Felicity001 can help.

Do you still have the contact of the person? I’m not opposed to doing this because my truck specifically shared suspension bits with Jeep Grand Cherokee due to Benz being owned by Chrysler then.

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 10:22am On Nov 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Do you still have the contact of the person? I’m not opposed to doing this because my truck specifically shared suspension bits with Jeep Grand Cherokee due to Benz being owned by Chrysler then.

Thanks.

Daimler's acquisition of Chrysler failed because the professed goal of “integration” proved genetically incompatible with the predominantly German belief in the purity of the Mercedes brand and the expectations of its customers worldwide.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/columnists/daniel-howes/2018/05/09/years-merger-equals-stands-cautionary-tale/34741549/&ved=2ahUKEwi-oZ6VytX7AhX5aqQEHcqpBkIQFnoECAQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1KBO6Z2BBudoQ0wRbYWKWN
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 11:37am On Nov 30, 2022
Kewtt:

Daimler's acquisition of Chrysler failed because the professed goal of “integration” proved genetically incompatible with the predominantly German belief in the purity of the Mercedes brand and the expectations of its customers worldwide.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/columnists/daniel-howes/2018/05/09/years-merger-equals-stands-cautionary-tale/34741549/&ved=2ahUKEwi-oZ6VytX7AhX5aqQEHcqpBkIQFnoECAQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1KBO6Z2BBudoQ0wRbYWKWN
what does this have to do with his issue at hand Tunde?

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 11:45am On Nov 30, 2022
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2022
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
It has finally happened, Elebu road don kill one of my bags grin

Before I start overthinking replacement like an American, what will a Nigerian living in Nigeria do to fix this?

1) Simply replace the bag? From where?

2) Convert to traditional springs?

Thanks.
And live with the error on the dash angry grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tunene: 12:16am On Dec 01, 2022
Benz lovers,
Good evening. My soul wants to buy a Benz GL450 2013/14/15 model but then I am afraid of what issues that big car can bring. Most of the ones in the market are US used with more than 100k miles on them. I am not one that has time to tinker with cars. I would rather start the car, get easy repairs and move on but I just hate the Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot, too bland. Yet, I have got a family to move around with everyone on their seat.

Should I run away from this car or its a good buy? What are the likely issues? Does this Benz also suffer from electrical problems?

Expecting your advise with thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 7:42am On Dec 01, 2022
tunene:
Benz lovers,
Good evening. My soul wants to buy a Benz GL450 2013/14/15 model but then I am afraid of what issues that big car can bring. Most of the ones in the market are US used with more than 100k miles on them. I am not one that has time to tinker with cars. I would rather start the car, get easy repairs and move on but I just hate the Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot, too bland. Yet, I have got a family to move around with everyone on their seat.

Should I run away from this car or its a good buy? What are the likely issues? Does this Benz also suffer from electrical problems?

Expecting your advise with thanks.
Enjoy your life. Suffice for a day is the day's own problems. If your heart desires the gl450 or the gelandewagen and you can afford it, please go for it.
Enjoy your life....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 7:49am On Dec 01, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Before I start overthinking replacement like an American, what will a Nigerian living in Nigeria do to fix this?

Thanks.
Please replace with some after market that have been reputed to be better than the Mercedes Benz balloons. The conversion may turn into a downward spiral with different attendant issues. Like balance being an SUV, I had same with my w211 E500 that was converted to normal shocks. Then as someone pointed out, can you live with the error messages on your dash...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2022
ariesbull:

A full synthetic oil is not suitable for high mileage vehicles or older ones. In fact, synthetic oil is slipperier than conventional oil, which is lower in viscosity, less compatible with seals, and therefore more likely to leak or leak in places conventional oil would not be. It is completely untrue once again.

It is designed to resist the buildup of sludge and deposits, resulting in a longer life and reduced wear. Amsoil Extended Life Synthetic Motor Oil is suitable for all engines, although it is particularly good for higher mileage vehicles.

It is possible to use synthetic oil in older cars, as long as the oil is properly maintained. Fenske said that Porsche has been filling its cars with synthetic oil since 1996 and that synthetic options are available even for classic cars.

In any case, he advised checking manufacturer recommendations. A full synthetic oil is not suitable for high mileage vehicles or older ones. Older vehicles with higher mileage will benefit from synthetic oils, just as they will from new engines that are designed for new vehicles.

It is necessary to break in a new car with conventional oil: Some people may think they have to use conventional oil for cars for a while before switching to synthetic oil. It is not recommended by any vehicle manufacturer for this procedure.

The synthetic oil industry claims that synthetic oils provide better protection than conventional oils, but switching back and forth between synthetic and conventional oils will not harm the engine in any way.

Samuel Benson

Personally for cars above 10yrs I prefer semi synthetics... I said personally
Your personal preference duly noted. But I make bold to say that this argument is neither here nor there.

1. If your engine has sludge already, you're better off with semi synthetic and mineral oils. Reason: synthetic oils will wash off the sludge formed inside the engine which may lead to blowbys hence shortages and in extreme cases smoking.
However if you are meticulous, you can still go ahead and change to synthetic oils while carefully monitoring the impact on your engine as regards shortages in oil levels. If such shortages is above the normal thresholds then semi synthetic oils or mineral oils for you!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 7:57am On Dec 01, 2022
FASASI1:
After scanning my Benz I go an error code of p24could that be why my car is in limp mode ??
Please
Write the error code properly and state the Mercedes Benz car you need assistance with.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 8:25am On Dec 01, 2022
Kewtt:

Your personal preference duly noted. But I make bold to say that this argument is neither here nor there.

1. If your engine has sludge already, you're better off with semi synthetic and mineral oils. Reason: synthetic oils will wash off the sludge formed inside the engine which may lead to blowbys hence shortages and in extreme cases smoking.
However if you are meticulous, you can still go ahead and change to synthetic oils while carefully monitoring the impact on your engine as regards shortages in oil levels. If such shortages is above the normal thresholds then semi synthetic oils or mineral oils for you!
you made sense ...My own is simple MAKE ALL THESE PEOPLE HERE NO DEY MARKET SYNT
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2022
kingreign:

And live with the error on the dash angry grin

That’s easily remedied. Not an issue at all.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tunene: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2022
Kewtt:

Enjoy your life. Suffice for a day is the day's own problems. If your heart desires the gl450 or the gelandewagen and you can afford it, please go for it.
Enjoy your life....

Na wa o. Make enjoyment no come turn to suffering!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by PromiseUche(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pls Help!!!
My rear SAM 2011 ML 350 4matic last batch was stolen from Wharf.
I need to purchase it now, my challenge is that the car has been delivered to me in Abuja.

I need a trusted dealer I can get it from in Ladepo and waybill it to Abuja for me and it should be working.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sir,
To buy SAM that will work with your car does work that way o. You need to test first and ensure it’s working properly before paying o.
From experience you might need to drive down to the part seller. Then he will test your ride with as many SAMs as possible. The reasons for this is if he test with the first SAM everything may work but if you do not check properly you won’t know your fuel gauge and front seat or wiper not responding . So you have to test until you get a tokunbo that works well.
PromiseUche:
Pls Help!!!
I need to purchase it now, my challenge is that the car has been delivered to me in Abuja.

I need a trusted dealer I can get it from in Ladepo and waybill it to Abuja for me and it should be working.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by PromiseUche(m): 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
awesome9ja:
Sir,
To buy SAM that will work with your car does work that way o. You need to test first and ensure it’s working properly before paying o.
From experience you might need to drive down to the part seller. Then he will test your ride with as many SAMs as possible. The reasons for this is if he test with the first SAM everything may work but if you do not check properly you won’t know your fuel gauge and front seat or wiper not responding . So you have to test until you get a tokunbo that works well.

I went to market in Abuja, they brought like 4 (164 model 2006 - 2008) but my fuel gauge did not rise.
Mine is 2010/2011 Model Last Batch.

Thanks for your prompt contributions tho.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
If I may add you may need to do some digging up and investigaion. This is the first time I am hearing they stole SAM at Wharf. The location of this SAM. Will it permit easy theft in port. Hope it’s wasn’t stolen while been delivered.
PromiseUche:
Pls Help!!!

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Angelawhite(m): 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
Hello Benz lovers.
I have a w204 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic with a very terrible exhaust. The exhaust according to the mechanic has been welded before and catalyst removed.
The mechanic is suggesting a replacement of the whole exhaust and estimated a fairly used to be N800k.

Only exhaust 800k ? Is it possible?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Itsrm(m): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
awesome9ja:
If I may add you may need to do some digging up and investigaion. This is the first time I am hearing they stole SAM at Wharf. The location of this SAM. Will it permit easy theft in port. Hope it’s wasn’t stolen while been delivered.

A lot things are stolen before the vehicle even leaves the US or before it gets to Naija. It may not have happened in Naija

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2022
Itsrm:

A lot things are stolen before the vehicle even leaves the US or before it gets to Naija. It may not have happened in Naija

On this I agree.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
Angelawhite:
Hello Benz lovers.
I have a w204 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic with a very terrible exhaust. The exhaust according to the mechanic has been welded before and catalyst removed.
The mechanic is suggesting a replacement of the whole exhaust and estimated a fairly used to be N800k.

Only exhaust 800k ? Is it possible?

Just straight pipe the thing

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by InvertedHammer: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.
/

That's should have been the first thing to do.

Convert the airbags suspension to traditional spring suspension.

The kit comes with an error override harness that turns off dashboard display suspension error messages.

If you replace the airbag, there is no guarantee that it won't leak again next week considering the "nice" roads we have in Nigeria

/

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 7:15am On Dec 03, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/

That's should have been the first thing to do.

Convert the airbags suspension to traditional spring suspension.

The kit comes with an error override harness that turns off dashboard display suspension error messages.

If you replace the airbag, there is no guarantee that it won't leak again next week considering the "nice" roads we have in Nigeria

/

Thanks Sir.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by FASASI1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
Kewtt:

Write the error code properly and state the Mercedes Benz car you need assistance with.

I have fixed it, thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by PrimeQuay: 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2022
Good Afternoon,

I'm thinking of buying a w212 2010 from a family friend.

What kind of issues should I look out for when inspecting?

What oil I used for servicing?

Electrical issues etc.

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
FASASI1:

I have fixed it, thanks
You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.