Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,400 members, 7,830,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (974266 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by murshid09(m): 5:46am On Mar 09, 2023
murshid09:
Pls my ogas , bosses and gurus in d Room is this benz a Good buy pls help me I want to join benz family

Biko pls

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 6:52am On Mar 09, 2023
murshid09:
Pls my ogas , bosses and gurus in d Room is this benz a Good buy pls help me I want to join benz family

Yes that is a W203 coupe and the engine is solid too buy if everything checks out
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:53am On Mar 09, 2023
murshid09:

It's not a bad car but is that particular car in good shape?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by murshid09(m): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
[quote author=nurey post=121592062]

Yes that is a W203 coupe and the engine is solid too buy if everything checks out[/quote

Thank u]
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by murshid09(m): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

It's not a bad car but is that particular car in good shape?

Thank u
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2023
murshid09:
my friend drives this type of C class but the saloon while this is the CLK ...Same engine

That engines gibes me erection when it changes gear on a high speed! That is a fucking turbo prop engine designed for speed ! These Corolla boys will try you but ensure that you have a good grip of the steering before you hit the gas pedal !

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
ariesbull:
my friend drives this type of C class but the saloon while this is the CLK ...Same engine

That engines gibes me erection when it changes gear on a high speed! That is a fucking turbo prop engine designed for speed ! These Corolla boys will try you but ensure that you have a good grip of the steering before you hit the gas pedal !
Corolla what??🫤
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2023
OfficialDJ:
Corolla what??🫤
Toyota .... They will forget that this small Benz is packed with turbo engine

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2023
I have a GlK350 year 2011 being using for almost 2 years now sweet ride but I have this problem my Power steering keeps getting Bad this is the 3rd one I’m using right now and it just started making funny noise yesterday I don tire this last one I installed has not used 2months and I bought it brand new after previous two tokunbo steering failed. Also I have being using Mobile 1 but I noticed it get short under 6 months or so no smoke noting told my mechanic about it he said he oil my not be up to standard he advised I used Hardex but I decline I see liquid Molly here will it ok if I swiched to liquid Molly
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2023
Here is the new power steering I bought last month

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:
Here is the new power steering I bought last month

The brand new power steerings on the market tend to leak. I bought one last year for like 50k and it began leaking days after, I'm guessing you don't notice it on time so you end up damaging the pump.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

The brand new power steerings on the market tend to leak. I bought one last year for like 50k and it began leaking days after, I'm guessing you don't notice it on time so you end up damaging the pump.

I take note of leaks every morning and there was no leaks infact the oil plastic was filled to the accurate gauge. The steering is still soft but it’s started making that noise when it wants to go bad.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:
I have a GlK350 year 2011 being using for almost 2 years now sweet ride but I have this problem my Power steering keeps getting Bad this is the 3rd one I’m using right now and it just started making funny noise yesterday I don tire this last one I installed has not used 2months and I bought it brand new after previous two tokunbo steering failed. Also I have being using Mobile 1 but I noticed it get short under 6 months or so no smoke noting told my mechanic about it he said he oil my not be up to standard he advised I used Hardex but I decline I see liquid Molly here will it ok if I swiched to liquid Molly

Keep using mobil1 it is a synthetic oil ...it is meant to short normally after 6 months just too up ...it has low viscosity ..the ride is a 13yr old ride and the engine is a bit old ...so normally there is wears and tears so the oil is meant to short

Normally I would say you get a high millage oil ,it is a bit thicker than Mobil 1 but keep using the one you are using ...just too up ..once there is no blue smoke ...cars you too oil as they age ...this is a ride that is above 10yra so it is normal

As of the steering is it rack or pump ! Rack is problematic but pump you can buy and change
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

please is it proper to fix my rack...it is leaking oil so I am always topping oil. This is the first time ! My mech said that I can change the rack oil seal, while another said that I should by another rack ! But toks and I don't trust these toks

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

I take note of leaks every morning and there was no leaks infact the oil plastic was filled to the accurate gauge. The steering is still soft but it’s started making that noise when it wants to go bad.

To reiterate, are you dealing with a pump or rack issue?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
ariesbull:
please is it proper to fix my rack...it is leaking oil so I am always topping oil. This is the first time ! My mech said that I can change the rack oil seal, while another said that I should by another rack ! But toks and I don't trust these toks

Thanks

Change the seal and see how it goes. Ultimately depends on cost differential anyway.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

To my knowledge it’s just steering pump rack is fine steering is soft when working no oil leaks noting I just changed the new steering to another new steering today. Hoping to see a difference and doesn’t spoil every two to three months
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

Here is photo of the new pump 4th one being installed.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

Change the seal and see how it goes. Ultimately depends on cost differential anyway.
okay...

So it is possible to change the seal ! I will do that ...the ra k is around 120k while ti do the seal is like 30k
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

To my knowledge it’s just steering pump rack is fine steering is soft when working no oil leaks noting I just changed the new steering to another new steering today. Hoping to see a difference and doesn’t spoil every two to three months
another thing is the type of oil that you use...I hope you are using Mercedes star oil ...the one they use for transmission in Benz
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2023
ariesbull:
okay...

So it is possible to change the seal ! I will do that ...the ra k is around 120k while ti do the seal is like 30k

I haven't done that before but if it's just a seal, I don't see why it can't be changed.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Itsrm(m): 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2023
ariesbull:
okay...

In my experience, changing the seals should give you roughly 3-5k miles before it starts again. The seals in our market don't last long.

So if you plan to keep the vehicle a long time, getting a good toks rack is the more sensible option. If not, change the seal.

Again, this is based on my experience. Yours may be completely different.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
Itsrm:

In my experience, changing the seal should give you roughly 3-5k miles before it starts again. The seals in our market don't last long.

So if you plan to keep the vehicle a long time, getting a good toks rack is the more sensible option. If not, change the seal.

Again, this is based on my experience. Yours may be completely different.
okay...let me change the seal then mid year can go for new or toks rack

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 10:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
Good evening all, I just got a Mercedes E320 Nigeria used, here are some problem I noticed about the car. While on speed the car jeck my mechanic have scan the care and he is telling me the sbs need to be service although my spirit did not agrees with his suggestion. Secondly, the steering is stiff. What could be a possible solution to the car jecking when on motion.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jceesquare(m): 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2023
Asquare84:
Good evening all, I just got a Mercedes E320 Nigeria used, here are some problem I noticed about the car. While on speed the car jeck my mechanic have scan the care and he is telling me the sbs need to be service although my spirit did not agrees with his suggestion. Secondly, the steering is stiff. What could be a possible solution to the car jecking when on motion.
Tell him to give you the code he got
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eddiense: 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
Gurus what's your advice on this engine? How reliable is it? What are the down sides?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 9:39am On Mar 14, 2023
eddiense:
Gurus what's your advice on this engine? How reliable is it? What are the down sides?
this is the engine in ML 320, ML 350 , E 320 ,C 320 It is a V6 engine with 12 plugs solid ride

It doesn't consume fuel and rarely knock, it can tolerate rough usage ...used this engine

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eddiense: 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:
this is the engine in ML 320, ML 350 , E 320 ,C 320 It is a V6 engine with 12 plugs solid ride

It doesn't consume fuel and rarely knock, it can tolerate rough usage ...used this engine

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2023
eddiense:

Thank you
Westin u wan use the engine for ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eddiense: 5:53am On Mar 15, 2023
ariesbull:
Westin u wan use the engine for ?

It's on an ML I want to pick up
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 7:13am On Mar 15, 2023
eddiense:
I'm more interested in the interior of the ML so I can advise you appropriately
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mayor2013: 7:32am On Mar 15, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

Your mechanic enjoys going back and forth and knows nothing about Mercedes Benz. If I may ask was the system bled of air bubbles before starting the vehicle

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.