Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (973288 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:21am On Mar 15, 2023
mayor2013:

Your mechanic enjoys going back and forth and knows nothing about Mercedes Benz. If I may ask was the system bled of air bubbles before starting the vehicle

By bled you mean Turing the steering left and right after oil has been put before starting it Yes he did that.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mayor2013: 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

By bled you mean Turing the steering left and right after oil has been put before starting it Yes he did that.

Inspect power steering pressure hose. There should be a blockage along
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
mayor2013:

Inspect power steering pressure hose. There should be a blockage along
Thanks for this will be at my Mechanic tomorrow.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

Here is photo of the new pump 4th one being installed.
What's the rating of the pump?
Your location?
Wake up in the morning before starting the car... Open the power steering fluid container and turn your steering wheel extreme left and extreme right five times each....or until the bubbles disappear...if there are bubbles.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
searchng4love:

What's the rating of the pump?
Your location?
Wake up in the morning before starting the car... Open the power steering fluid container and turn your steering wheel extreme left and extreme right five times each....or until the bubbles disappear...if there are bubbles.
Ok I will do this tomorrow morning. To eliminate air bubbles if there is any someone advice I check the pressure hose for blockage I may end up changing the pressure hose as I have ruled out power steering and steering rack something has to keep making the power steering deteriorate. Thanks again
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:19am On Mar 16, 2023
eddiense:

It's on an ML I want to pick up
ok...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 6:26am On Mar 16, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:
I have a GlK350 year 2011 being using for almost 2 years now sweet ride but I have this problem my Power steering keeps getting Bad this is the 3rd one I’m using right now and it just started making funny noise yesterday I don tire this last one I installed has not used 2months and I bought it brand new after previous two tokunbo steering failed. Also I have being using Mobile 1 but I noticed it get short under 6 months or so no smoke noting told my mechanic about it he said he oil my not be up to standard he advised I used Hardex but I decline I see liquid Molly here will it ok if I swiched to liquid Molly
your problem has never been the pump. The problem is from the power steering oil reservoir plastic. That cup that contains the power steering oil. There is a seal at the base of that cup. Either change that seal or buy a complete new cup. After replacement, bleed the system of air bubbles and your problem will be gone for good.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Badb0y4lyf(m): 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2023
chukel:
your problem has never been the pump. The problem is from the power steering oil reservoir plastic. That cup that contains the power steering oil. There is a seal at the base of that cup. Either change that seal or buy a complete new cup. After replacement, bleed the system of air bubbles and your problem will be gone for good.

You guys are too much thanks for this when my first steering had issue he had to break the plastic cos was too tight and I bought another one seems this one is bad cos they gum some part of it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Generalmbc(m): 11:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
Good day gentlemen.please I need suggestions/help or guidance from the forum urgently. So I over filled m coolant way past the max level of my c230 kompressor (my fault which I do regret) just a day I was to go on a very long journey and bearly hours into the journey the lower hose bursted then I got the CHECK COOLANT MESSAGE but didn't stop cause it was a forested area (north).after driving to a safe place I got the hose fixed with the help of a passers-by. In summary, the top gasket was blown and I had the car towed to a benz mechanic who changed one of the piston cause it was FRIED. Took 2days to fix and I continued my journey. Along the road I noticed the care started shorting oil cause I kept getting the ADD 1.5ltr msg like 3 time so on my way coming back I branched same Mech place to lay my complain and he said it's some nut that wher loose and has tightened them. I also noticed milky stuff inside the radiator tank and he said it was from the last blown gasket and oil was inside the radiator which is the one coming out and I should get the radiator flush when I get to my destination. Half way through the journey coming back my car overheated at almost Same place again and the gasket was blown again. Hade it towed to my destination to a benz Mech and he said the FISRT mechanic did a mistake of not changing the whole ring and all. So the rings and the while top cylinder was change since he said the oil one is bad due to excessive heat. After the whole work and the vehicle has started and have been using it for a while now the car is having many problems. Th3 first I notice was that the car smokes atimes ( white smoke I thing cause it's jot always visible) which I took to th3 Mech and he said it's the oil that resided in the exhaust system from the last blown gasket and it will storm when it has burn out but this like over a month and it still smokes. Secondly, there is presence of oil in my coolant tank and on two occasion I hade the coolant rant and the entire radiator system flushed but still there's presence of oil floating on top the coolant and the walls of the tank. Just normal oil, not the milky type and the excuse the Mech gave was same that it's from the last time and it will come out gradually. On 2 occasions he had to put detergent inside the collar tank that it will take are of it but still I haven't seen any improvement. Again my coolant is getting short without any visible leak and no presence of coolant in the engine oil( I just changed the oil today after changing 2 weeks ago. Thirdly, my engine gets excessively overheated that I can't drive for 2 hours straight SOMETIMES. The fan (automatic not direct)is running fine, no thermostat, enough coolant. I took the car to another benz Mech and told him all the noticed symptoms and he told me to change the coolant switch which was Dame ed by the previous mechanics which I did but still the over heating persists. He was suggesting I run the fan direct to help with the overheating which I declined. On my way from the Mech shop after oil change the CHECK COOLANT warning came up twice which I hade to stop for like 20mins. The first time I stopped and check before opening the tank it looked empty then when I tried opening the cap with caution I noticed the pressure from the radiator and the water started coming out ( like boiling) so after allowing it to cool I did little top up . The 2nd time the tank was half empty and I did a top up. So on gett8ng home I called the Mech and he said the best solution is to just get a new engine. Please I need your suggestions, help, contribution, advice. I forgot to add that according to the Mech, my coolant is boiling which isn't supposed to be
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 11:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
Generalmbc:
Good day gentlemen.please I need suggestions/help or guidance from the forum urgently. So I over filled m coolant way past the max level of my c230 kompressor (my fault which I do regret) just a day I was to go on a very long journey and bearly hours into the journey the lower hose bursted then I got the CHECK COOLANT MESSAGE but didn't stop cause it was a forested area (north).after driving to a safe place I got the hose fixed with the help of a passers-by. In summary, the top gasket was blown and I had the car towed to a benz mechanic who changed one of the piston cause it was FRIED. Took 2days to fix and I continued my journey. Along the road I noticed the care started shorting oil cause I kept getting the ADD 1.5ltr msg like 3 time so on my way coming back I branched same Mech place to lay my complain and he said it's some nut that wher loose and has tightened them. I also noticed milky stuff inside the radiator tank and he said it was from the last blown gasket and oil was inside the radiator which is the one coming out and I should get the radiator flush when I get to my destination. Half way through the journey coming back my car overheated at almost Same place again and the gasket was blown again. Hade it towed to my destination to a benz Mech and he said the FISRT mechanic did a mistake of not changing the whole ring and all. So the rings and the while top cylinder was change since he said the oil one is bad due to excessive heat. After the whole work and the vehicle has started and have been using it for a while now the car is having many problems. Th3 first I notice was that the car smokes atimes ( white smoke I thing cause it's jot always visible) which I took to th3 Mech and he said it's the oil that resided in the exhaust system from the last blown gasket and it will storm when it has burn out but this like over a month and it still smokes. Secondly, there is presence of oil in my coolant tank and on two occasion I hade the coolant rant and the entire radiator system flushed but still there's presence of oil floating on top the coolant and the walls of the tank. Just normal oil, not the milky type and the excuse the Mech gave was same that it's from the last time and it will come out gradually. On 2 occasions he had to put detergent inside the collar tank that it will take are of it but still I haven't seen any improvement. Again my coolant is getting short without any visible leak and no presence of coolant in the engine oil( I just changed the oil today after changing 2 weeks ago. Thirdly, my engine gets excessively overheated that I can't drive for 2 hours straight SOMETIMES. The fan (automatic not direct)is running fine, no thermostat, enough coolant. I took the car to another benz Mech and told him all the noticed symptoms and he told me to change the coolant switch which was Dame ed by the previous mechanics which I did but still the over heating persists. He was suggesting I run the fan direct to help with the overheating which I declined. On my way from the Mech shop after oil change the CHECK COOLANT warning came up twice which I hade to stop for like 20mins. The first time I stopped and check before opening the tank it looked empty then when I tried opening the cap with caution I noticed the pressure from the radiator and the water started coming out ( like boiling) so after allowing it to cool I did little top up . The 2nd time the tank was half empty and I did a top up. So on gett8ng home I called the Mech and he said the best solution is to just get a new engine. Please I need your suggestions, help, contribution, advice. I forgot to add that according to the Mech, my coolant is boiling which isn't supposed to be

Sounds like a cracked engine block.
Replace engine and have peace of mind

I'm not a mech thou
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mayor2013: 4:49am On Mar 17, 2023
Generalmbc:

Replace engine. Bite the bullet on this
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jceesquare(m): 5:46am On Mar 17, 2023
Generalmbc:
Lots of things has gone wrong.
Check for crack in your engine block and top cylinder. Also check for warpage on the mating surface.
The easiest option is replacing your engine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Generalmbc(m): 7:00am On Mar 17, 2023
oluayebenz:

Sounds like a cracked engine cylinder.
Replace engine and have peace of mind

I'm not a mech thou
OK. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Generalmbc(m): 7:01am On Mar 17, 2023
jceesquare:

Lots of things has gone wrong.
Check for crack in your engine block and top cylinder. Also check for warpage on the mating surface.
The easiest option is replacing your engine.
OK sir

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Generalmbc(m): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2023
Thanks guys, I have ordered for a tokumbo engine from Lagos to be delivered to adamawa by next week hopefully due to the election.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 2:31pm On Mar 17, 2023
Generalmbc:
bros the truth is hard but we have to say it any way

Buy another engine or half engine (boralle) the terrible mech messed your engine up ...your block must have cracked and a smoking car iant good ...oil is seeping out

Buy half engine and have a rest of mind !

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nadingo: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2023
Generalmbc:
Thanks guys, I have ordered for a tokumbo engine from Lagos to be delivered to adamawa by next week hopefully due to the election.
How much does it go for?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Generalmbc(m): 7:05pm On Mar 17, 2023
Nadingo:
How much does it go for?
350 k

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2023
Generalmbc:
350 k

Red top engine don turn 350k

How??
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 7:19am On Mar 18, 2023
Generalmbc:
350 k

See how benz engine cheap, if na corrola you should be ready to shade 600k.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 10:31am On Mar 18, 2023
Asquare84:

See how benz engine cheap, if na corrola you should be ready to shade 600k.

Benz users hardly change engines.

Benz is equipped with strong and robotic engines.
Mostly last forever.

Reason why the engines are cheap compare to others

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:11am On Mar 18, 2023
oluayebenz:

Mostly last forever.

Lol, this one never price any modern Mercedes engine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
oluayebenz:

Mostly last forever.

Sakamanje!!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, this one never price any modern Mercedes engine.

Modern Benz engine

Why do you need it when the modern vehicle is already equipped with solid engine?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
kingreign:

Sakamanje!!!!

That's just the fact
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
oluayebenz:

Mostly last forever.

oluayebenz:

That's just the fact

Yes, especially with engines like M271, early production M272, M273, M274, early production M276 etc.

These engines are known to fail and have been very well documented for their failures.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
Generalmbc:
350 k

If your car uses this engine, then it's not a c230kompressor.
It's either a c180 or c200 kompressor

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by RoadMozart(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
Manuella4ace:

If your car uses this engine, then it's not a c230kompressor.
It's either a c180 or c200 kompressor
Its the c230k that uses black top engine right
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 4:39am On Mar 19, 2023
Generalmbc:
350 k
this one looks like it has been opened

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2023
RoadMozart:

Its the c230k that uses black top engine right

Yea
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nadingo: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2023
Good day folks. Pls I'm having problem of hard starting in the morning with my C180 w202. Problem started about 4days ago. I don't really know what I do right to get it to start as every morning, I have to keep touching and pressing the fuse box in the bonnet and the one in the trunk severally before it finally agree to start. But once it starts, even if I switch it off immediately, the vehicle will have no problem of starting again through out the day till next morning. Like if I struggle and it starts and I shut the car down immediately, don't try to start again till in the evening, it will start on first kick. But if I use the car and shut it off by 1am, the car will struggle to start when day breaks. Kindly assist me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2023
Generalmbc:

Lemme pick a few wrong assumptions.
1. Overfilling the radiator coolant wont make the hose burst, this is because this engine regulates the coolant by itself to the normal level and discharges the excess
2.If you drive that engine( M111.955) and all the coolant leaks out the engine will shut down at a certain temperature in order to protect it and prevent any harm to the top cylinder or engine.

It is either you have the wrong engine or your engine has been so kazeemized that all those features dont function anymore.Best bet is to buy another engine which i think you have done but you see that engine in that picture? smiles.......e get as e be.Well hope your car is fine now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.