Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (969967 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Muoweta: Gud morning friends please I've got an issue with a c180. It encountered serious erosion and water peenetrated d transmission. D water has been drained n transmission oil fixed and transmission Programmed too. It will select normally when raving with it but later returns back and stops selecting beyond gear 2.
When programmed again it repeats d same cycle again,,,,,,,,,,
Please I need ur assistance as mechanics are already running out of ideas before they do more harm than good,,,,,,any form of advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

If you're in Lagos just find your way to trinity in apapa around Berger the gear shouldn't be more than 35k and the gear seller would find someone to fix it for your right there and if it requires programming all will be sorted out. Repairing costs more sometimes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by megastu(m): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hello House, Due to conversations in this thread, i decided to get a 1999 C180 from holland. The car just arrived. I will share the pictures. However, the issues i have is that 1. the mileage is about 380k, is this ok for a benz? 2. the remote key is refusing to respond, although i have gone to change the batteries of the remote. It worked from the port to where i parked it. Only for it not to work now.

The 3rd issue is that the car is low. I understand i can raise it a bit. Is this ok. Advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by megastu(m): 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Picture attached.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
megastu: Hello House, Due to conversations in this thread, i decided to get a 1999 C180 from holland. The car just arrived. I will share the pictures. However, the issues i have is that 1. the mileage is about 380k, is this ok for a benz? 2. the remote key is refusing to respond, although i have gone to change the batteries of the remote. It worked from the port to where i parked it. Only for it not to work now.

The 3rd issue is that the car is low. I understand i can raise it a bit. Is this ok. Advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Congratulations bro,

(1) 380,000 mileage for a 1999 car isn't bad mostly for a Benz but mechanical aspect of the car matters most. I once saw a 1998 C230 in Cotonou that had mileage of 392k but Engine was super. The higher the mileage,the cheaper the car.

(2) Since you changed battery and it initially worked but stopped,i guess you should check if there's any rust on battery terminal(your remote). If a dead battery stays for too long,it can result to this type of problem or may be you didn't get the correct battery.

(3) I believe you can raise the car but i don't really buy such an idea but consult your mechanic for advise about this.

Cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
Congrats megastu, once the car was well taken care of the mileage is not bad. I think the car was lowered. The best way might be to change the springs. I'm just thinking out loud.

Make we see interior pics Most Euro specs do have fabulous fabric interior.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
I don't know if am the only one noticing this, but the said car is parked (i mean loaded with fridge and other items). I guess that was how it was shipped down here.

Try taking a picture of the car after unloading its contents but then again, the items sited in it all through the journey down to our soil must have succeeded in weakening the suspension.

Have a good mechanic check it out.

Congratulations bro,

380k+ mileage should be a resounding fact in your ear that the ride/engine was made to last a lifetime

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by desktop: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
Eyop:
You welcome sir. Am glad you've seen that on youtube and was easy for you to have that sorted out,but was there any improvement after cleaning/replacing the filter? As for the leakage,let's hope it isn't from the compressor but another area might be the condenser or evaporator but a good AC technician will detect and have that sorted out.

Thanks boss i pretty much guess theres still a leak as this has not improved it. Glad to change the filter anyways...way too much dust even for a mud flap. Im still in need of the good ac repair person o.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
desktop:

Thanks boss i pretty much guess theres still a leak as this has not improved it. Glad to change the filter anyways...way too much dust even for a mud flap. Im still in need of the good ac repair person o.

You welcome sir. Like i said,i guess the leak should be coming from the compressor,the condenser or the evaporator. The filter should be kept clean from time to time(with possible replacement much later) as that's the normal routine. Allowing so much dust accumulate on the filter will sure block the system and wouldn't allow it perform optimally and i guess this might have triggered the leak. I won't recommend someone i am not sure of to you so if there's any member that knows a good Benz AC workshop,let him gladly recommend one.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
@desktop,

There's this guy around trinity bus-stop, Apapa, he's good but mostly busy. Don't know if you reside around that area, if you find it close-by i can look-up his digits and drop here
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:50am On Sep 23, 2014
cne010:

If you're in Lagos just find your way to trinity in apapa around Berger the gear shouldn't be more than 35k and the gear seller would find someone to fix it for your right there and if it requires programming all will be sorted out. Repairing costs more sometimes.

Dont waste money to repair auto gearbox, just find money and replace it , else you will regret at the end
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 9:22am On Sep 23, 2014
cne010:

Would get more later when I have washed it proper.
Congrats bro. Pl how much did you get this baby as I'm planning to buy same next month?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2014
cne010: Still on my new baby w203 C320 I was bored today I stay on the mainland around omole phase 1 and decided to fire down to the island and back to unleash the V6 and oh boy the car moves and turns I was meandering all through.

Here is the monster in question.

How much did you get this baby? I'm planning to get one by next month.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Megatone: Just got meself a 2004 C200 kompressor. Brethren i most say its the best car i have driven so far. The suspension, stability, acceleration and comfort. But i have a little challenge, i don't know the right engine oil for servicing cus i dont want to take chances. Any suggestion would highly be appreciated.

How much did you get it for please? I'm intending buying one very soon.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 23, 2014
Philadelphia:

How much did you get this baby? I'm planning to get one by next month.

For a good one with clean history and low mileage budget 1.3 to 1.5m.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
cne010:

For a good one with clean history and low mileage budget 1.3 to 1.5m.
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eyop:

auhanson, what type of private Scanner will you recommend for a W204 Mercedes Benz user?

My brother , the STAR scanner is still the best way to go, because it has a heap of comprehensive faults it can read both in the interior can bus,gear box, ac and so on. You know Mercedes can be very thorough with their stuff, though these could be too handed and dear for our pocket.

However, i use the very cheap but versatile Autel MaxiScan MS509 Car Diagnostic fault code reader tool / OBDII & OBD Scanner that Works for MOST Cars & Vehicles. It does OBDII AND MB CODES, That's just enough for me and my friends, though i hadly use it any more for quite a while now as my MB "no dey spoil again".

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
cne010:

This sounds juicy I wish I know where I can get this done in Lagos, driving very fast with my w203 car is addictive I drive the car more like it's stolen.

Dont worry brother, these guys are abound everywhere now, just look out for a heavily loaded mechanic community , like mechanic village etc, just ask the alignment guys there who does blacksmith good and thorough, a testimony from one or two witnesses should confirm the right techi for you. Then you've got it. After giving it a trial you shall be convinced, that Benz isn't that expensive to maintain as people speculate. that you could be on budget and maintain a Benz.

I drive mine very hard too..i guess it might be harder than you do..Many Benz enthusiast drive her hard as this. Where is "GEE"?.. Dont baby your Benz, if you dont want to start having nuzzle issues and all manner of tulip valve issues and so on and so forth. Take it out once in a while or always and drive da hail out of da machine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
auhanson:

My brother , the STAR scanner is still the best way to go, because it has a heap of comprehensive faults it can read both in the interior can bus,gear box, ac and so on. You know Mercedes can be very thorough with their stuff, though these could be too handed and dear for our pocket.

However, i use the very cheap but versatile Autel MaxiScan MS509 Car Diagnostic fault code reader tool / OBDII & OBD Scanner that Works for MOST Cars & Vehicles. It does OBDII AND MB CODES, That's just enough for me and my friends, though i hadly use it any more for quite a while now as my MB "no dey spoil again".

auhanson have really missed you on this forum. The bolded really made me LOL cheesy grin. Even if the benz spoil,oga go fix am shap shap. Thanks for the information and i will find out about the price of the STAR scanner and also read more about it. Any scanner that can read faults comprehensively is ok by me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eyop:
auhanson have really missed you on this forum. The bolded really made me LOL cheesy grin. Even if the benz spoil,oga go fix am shap shap. Thanks for the information and i will find out about the price of the STAR scanner and also read more about it. Any scanner that can read faults comprehensively is ok by me.

Lol!!! so i'm enjoying ur posting everywhere i turn my back, thats why u see me tip toe small small behind you. smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
auhanson:

Lol!!! so i'm enjoying ur posting everywhere i turn my back, thats why u see me tip toe small small behind you. smiley
Oga the reverse should be the case. I am following your footsteps and i am always loyal to the Boss anyday anytime cheesy.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eyop:
Oga the reverse should be the case. I am following your footsteps and i am always loyal to the Boss anyday anytime cheesy.

my bro, you are doing great work here and elsewhere, and i'm just proud of you all d way, gudos wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eyop:
auhanson have really missed you on this forum. The bolded really made me LOL cheesy grin. Even if the benz spoil,oga go fix am shap shap. Thanks for the information and[b] i will find out about the price of the STAR scanner and also read more about it[/b]. Any scanner that can read faults comprehensively is ok by me.

You definitely would not like to hear the sound of the price for an Original MB STAR Scanner, Trust me . . .

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
inze:

You definitely would not like to hear the sound of an Original STAR Scanner, Trust me . . .
shocked shocked this should be serious then. inze can you give an estimate?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
auhanson:

my bro, you are doing great work here and elsewhere, and i'm just proud of you all d way, gudos wink
Thank you sir smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eyop:
Thank you sir smiley

You are welcome dearie
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
@auhanson,inze,smartchoice,cne010,etc, A member of this thread suggested creating a medium(e.g BBM channel) by which members could easily communicate or exchange ideas should there be an issued faced with this brand i.e, this done outside Nairaland. Imagine a situation that a member encounters a problem on the highway and needs to get that resolved immediately,doing that on this thread will not achieve the immediate attention it requires and i guess there's a point made by him(shoppyanno). I am re-visiting that suggestion and felt i should throw it open for others that might be interested to contribute on how this could be accomplished.

Cheers.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello MB family.
It is high time we had a Official Mercedes Benz Group on BBM or WhatsApp.
This is to afford us the opportunity to link up & interact easily while getting INSTANT feedback.
Similary, this is also germane to receiving solutions INSTANTLY to mechanical/electric problems when stuck or stranded.
I have observed the Peogout Thread(LION Family) & seen the great work Ikenna is doing.
The Lion family in Abuja hold meetings & discuss issues bothering on their Lions. This has really helped them.
The Mercedes Benz thread (STAR Family) we can do better & ought to set the pace.
This is a clarion call to the Elders; AUhanson, Eyop, Cne010, SmartChoice.
Long Live Mercedes Benz thread!!!
Long Live the STAR Family.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eyop: @auhanson,inze,smartchoice,cne010,etc, A member of this thread suggested creating a medium(e.g BBM channel) by which members could easily communicate or exchange ideas should there be an issued faced with this brand i.e, this done outside Nairaland. Imagine a situation that a member encounters a problem on the highway and needs to get that resolved immediately,doing that on this thread will not achieve the immediate attention it requires and i guess there's a point made by him(shoppyanno). I am re-visiting that suggestion and felt i should throw it open for others that might be interested to contribute on how this could be accomplished.

Cheers.

Nice one but the BBM pin previously displayed was a wrong one. I tried adding but it was not a pin.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
Philadelphia:

Nice one but the BBM pin previously displayed was a wrong one. I tried adding but it was not a pin.
Who created the BBM Channel?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eyop:
Who created the BBM Channel?

A guy in some previous post. Can't really remember his monicker.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
It's such a welcomed development
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
shoppyanno: Hello MB family.
It is high time we had a Official Mercedes Benz Group on BBM or WhatsApp.
This is to afford us the opportunity to link up & interact easily while getting INSTANT feedback.
Similary, this is also germane to receiving solutions INSTANTLY to mechanical/electric problems when stuck or stranded.
I have observed the Peogout Thread(LION Family) & seen the great work Ikenna is doing.
The Lion family in Abuja hold meetings & discuss issues bothering on their Lions. This has really helped them.
The Mercedes Benz thread (STAR Family) we can do better & ought to set the pace.
This is a clarion call to the Elders; AUhanson, Eyop, Cne010, SmartChoice.
Long Live Mercedes Benz thread!!!
Long Live the STAR Family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Kewtt and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.