Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965295 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
tommysparks: its either your bearing on d hub is damaged or brake disc is having contours those two issues cause vibration on braking , so have a Mech check it out. Its nothing more than any of the two. Be sure to get back to us after you have a Mech check it out.

Can bad tyres cause the vibration?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
shoppyanno: Hello folks. How una dey?
I wana appreciate you all for your advice. Can't but give a big shout out to Oga Eyop, Smartchoice, cne010, auhanson.
Below are some pics of the 2000 model C230 Kompressor

Congrats bro she is spotless.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
TSAT:

Ok. Tnx. I will change the fuel pump as I already have one I bought for my 2002 ML500 previously(hope it's the same). Can that be the cause. I also notice that those lights in the dash that shows in the morning, don't come up when the SUV is driven and engine hot. But once it's cold, the longer than usual engine kick start will occur.

Will change the pump and it's filter and keep you informed

If your check engine light is on you have to get it scanned.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 5:50am On Sep 09, 2014
Eyop:

Can bad tyres cause the vibration?
based on the signs and symptoms you obsereved it can't be bad tires. Its certainly bad hub bearing or contoured brake disc. Bad tire will give galloping movement, sideways tilt even with good alignment or vibration during movement at any speed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chichilas: 6:21am On Sep 09, 2014
Gentlemen,

I am glad to now be part of this great forum. I just purchased a 2007 Mercerdes benz ML350 4matic. However, immediately after purchase, I noticed that the battery was bad as it ran down at a filling station. I then jump started the car and drove to a shop to purchase a new 100 AMP battery.

The problem is upon fixing the new battery, my Daytime running lights which are normally on as soon as I engage gear to drive have stopped working. Can anyone in the house give me an insight into what the possible problems are? Is it possible that the battery I purchased is not fully charged yet and so the DRL will not work or have the DRL bulbs gone bad all of a sudden? I had a similar problem with my Honda accord after I changed the batteries but the light came on after a few hours of driving.

Your quick responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:55am On Sep 09, 2014
Chichilas: Gentlemen,

I am glad to now be part of this great forum. I just purchased a 2007 Mercerdes benz ML350 4matic. However, immediately after purchase, I noticed that the battery was bad as it ran down at a filling station. I then jump started the car and drove to a shop to purchase a new 100 AMP battery.

The problem is upon fixing the new battery, my Daytime running lights which are normally on as soon as I engage gear to drive have stopped working. Can anyone in the house give me an insight into what the possible problems are? Is it possible that the battery I purchased is not fully charged yet and so the DRL will not work or have the DRL bulbs gone bad all of a sudden? I had a similar problem with my Honda accord after I changed the batteries but the light came on after a few hours of driving.

Your quick responses will be highly appreciated.
Welcome Chichilas,

Is 100 AMP the recommended type of battery for your ML350? After you jump started the car,was the day time running lights on or was it after you fixed the new battery?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chichilas: 7:05am On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks Eyop.

The battery removed from the car was 100 AMPs so I bought exactly the same thing. The DRL stopped working after I changed the batteries.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:14am On Sep 09, 2014
Chichilas: Thanks Eyop.

The battery removed from the car was 100 AMPs so I bought exactly the same thing. The DRL stopped working after I changed the batteries.

Ok. Even if your battery is not fully charged,it cannot stop the DRL from working. I guess the fuse is blown so you need to contact an experienced electrician to check that for you. But this is something that can be done personally if you've experienced something similar in the past. You can consult your vehicle owner's manual for instruction on how to locate the fuse box from there you confirm if the fuse is blown by replacing with another.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chichilas: 7:27am On Sep 09, 2014
Well,

When I experienced this with my Honda accord upon changing the batteries, I did nothing and after 2-3 hours of driving, the lights came on. I was told by my electrician that the DRL did not come on immediately because the battery was new and not fully charged.

I want the house to clarify if this scenario can apply to a Mercedes Benz before I decide next course of actions.

Waiting..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:33am On Sep 09, 2014
Chichilas: Well,

When I experienced this with my Honda accord upon changing the batteries, I did nothing and after 2-3 hours of driving, the lights came on. I was told by my electrician that the DRL did not come on immediately because the battery was new and not fully charged.

I want the house to clarify if this scenario can apply to a Mercedes Benz before I decide next course of actions.

Waiting..

If you experienced this with your Honda and after 2-3 hours of driving the lights came on,then i will suggest you drive the benz for one full day and observe if it will come on or not. DRL does you prevent you from driving even if it's for days before deciding on what to do. You can as well await more comments from other members.

Cheers!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:40am On Sep 09, 2014
tommysparks: based on the signs and symptoms you obsereved it can't be bad tires. Its certainly bad hub bearing or contoured brake disc. Bad tire will give galloping movement, sideways tilt even with good alignment or vibration during movement at any speed.

Ok i spoke with my mechanic the one that serviced the car for shoppyanno and he was talking of tyres because he replaced the back brake pad but the front was Ok. He said that his tyres needed replacement so that's why i asked if the tyre can cause this. I remember there was a time i had similar issue when i was travelling to Abuja but the mechanic that checked said the brake disc needs to be changed which i disagreed and later instructed him to use mild sandpaper to clear the surface of the disc and also do same for the brake pads and after that,the problem stopped.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chichilas: 7:41am On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks Eyop, more suggestions needed!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by headTO: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
I really appreciate this thread. I have the c240 with a 203 engine. My problem is the a/c is not cooling
I was told that the compressor is bad and I need to change it with the condenser. So my question now is
1. How much does a compressor cost
2. How much is the condenser
3. Where can I get the original parts in Abuja
Pls i need answers to these questions
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
cne010:

If your check engine light is on you have to get it scanned.

Attached, is my cluster.

Is it usual on all 2005 Ml350 for the gear Selector not to down shift from D,4,3,2,1? Mine will down shift from D to 1 but will up shift from 1,2,3,4 and D. Pls what can cause this?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by boladonas(m): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
cne010: @boladonas you're right on luck I happen to be with my mech and showed him your post. Here is his verdict.

Engine oil is mixing with water as you can see here are the causes and your car might have been overheating already.
1. Engine coolant is bad.
2. Radiator is bad.
3. Gasket is flat.

Check the first 2 if they are ok proceed with the gasket change. Using the car like that might cost you the engine once it overheats.

Chai you don flex the car for 5 years oya show the machine some love.

Cheers!

Thanks bro

I ll do exactly as you advise and give you a feedback on how the car is behaving.

That machine is very faithful.......

Its great love that makes it look new after 5 years
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eyop:

Ok i spoke with my mechanic the one that serviced the car for shoppyanno and he was talking of tyres because he replaced the back brake pad but the front was Ok. He said that his tyres needed replacement so that's why i asked if the tyre can cause this. I remember there was a time i had similar issue when i was travelling to Abuja but the mechanic that checked said the brake disc needs to be changed which i disagreed and later instructed him to use mild sandpaper to clear the surface of the disc and also do same for the brake pads and after that,the problem stopped.
yes boss if the disc is not too bad sand paper can make it smoother. Why am convinced its one of them is because he said he fell hard into a ditch. Anyway you guys can inspect the tire for anyswelling and if the mech says the tires are bad shopyano should better endevour to change them cos I no want see any RIP for this forum apart from paul walker own.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
tommysparks: yes boss if the disc is not too bad sand paper can make it smoother. Why am convinced its one of them is because he said he fell hard into a ditch. Anyway you guys can inspect the tire for anyswelling and if the mech says the tires are bad shopyano should better endevour to change them cos I no want see any RIP for this forum apart from paul walker own.

Well his entering the ditch happened on his way to Ekiti State but he had noticed the vibration while in Lagos. He sure will have it changed as soon as possible cheesy grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 9:46am On Sep 10, 2014
Chichilas: Well,

Waiting..

Hello sir, read your manual or check the glossary at the back of your manual. You can actually switch off and switch on the DRL. At least for my W204 C300 i am able to switch it off cos i am not particularly a fan of the DRL. Your benz has a somewhat similar instrument cluster, so i expect you should be able to navigate through.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
TSAT:

Attached, is my cluster.

Is it usual on all 2005 Ml350 for the gear Selector not to down shift from D,4,3,2,1? Mine will down shift from D to 1 but will up shift from 1,2,3,4 and D. Pls what can cause this?

Sorry for the late response your check engine light isn't on you need to find a star and arrest those other lights on there.

I really don't understand what you meant by the downshifting thingy. If I shift the gear of my w203 to side I see it move from 1 2 3 and 4.

I ran into an importer and was shocked that engine and the gear of my w203 was priced at 100k lol. The guy is in trinity in Apapa just Incase anybody needs spare.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
cne010:

Sorry for the late response your check engine light isn't on you need to find a star and arrest those other lights on there.

I really don't understand what you meant by the downshifting thingy. If I shift the gear of my w203 to side I see it move from 1 2 3 and 4.

I ran into an importer and was shocked that engine and the gear of my w203 was priced at 100k lol. The guy is in trinity in Apapa just Incase anybody needs spare.

What I meant,as in your case when you see it indicate on the cluster 1,2,3,4 when you push the lever to the plus(+)sign and 4,3,2,1 when you push it to the minus(-)sign abi?
In my own case,I see it go from 1,2,3,4 & D when I move the lever to the plus sign,but when I move to the minus,its ONLY D and 1.

What can actually cause this. Abi na di gear sensor?i tried testing with the ml500(I removed the gear lever and its casing and mounted it on the ml350,the lever REFUSED to move from the P to any gear).
Pls advice

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello peeps, can anyone tell me where I can get my leather seats cleaned? They are light grey in color and the color is changing. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
TheGrandMaster: Hello peeps, can anyone tell me where I can get my leather seats cleaned? They are light grey in color and the color is changing. Thanks.

I was just discussing about this with a friend we need good detailing shops where dead interiors can't be brought to life. I'm following a lead would get back to you tomorrow hopefully.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2014
cne010:

I was just discussing about this with a friend we need good detailing shops where dead interiors can't be brought to life. I'm following a lead would get back to you tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks a whole lot, will be waiting.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tuco02: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
headTO: I really appreciate this thread. I have the c240 with a 203 engine. My problem is the a/c is not cooling
I was told that the compressor is bad and I need to change it with the condenser. So my question now is
1. How much does a compressor cost
2. How much is the condenser
3. Where can I get the original parts in Abuja
Pls i need answers to these questions

i had same issue before, but i changed my compressor to that of e class without sensor...since then is as cold as ice!!!!! sweeet
the compressor cost me arround 45 sha... but it is worth it......freeezing lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jahjehova(m): 10:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
shoppyanno: I left Lagos with full tank on a jourey to Ekiti which is 190 miles. By the time I arrived ekiti, I had half tank left.
Is the fuel consumption ok?

Secondly, some days ago I drove & on reaching 100km, the steering started vibrating so I did alignment & wheel balancing.

What I observed again was that when I'm on top speed, and needed to slow down the steering was vibratng but not as what it was initally.

While on my journey to Ekiti, I ran into a deep porthole on Lag/Ibadan Exp. After running into the porthole, I observed that when on speed (100- 160) & pressed the brake pedal to slow down, the streering vibration was so serious.

What is responsible for the vibration when slowing down from a top speed?

Hallo! bro.
That is a sweet ride you got there.

From my little experience its either your bearing on d hub is damaged like someone earlier said or the most probably culprit (to me though) is your TIE ROD is gone - due to the ditch you said your entered on that our hellish road. Just brainstorm well first with yourself and then with whatever mecho you wanna use.

My 1pence
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by headTO: 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
tuco02:

i had same issue before, but i changed my compressor to that of e class without sensor...since then is as cold as ice!!!!! sweeet
the compressor cost me arround 45 sha... but it is worth it......freeezing lol
thanks for the info. Did u also change the condenser
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
Pls, does anyone in the house knows where I can make/cut a spare key with the follow come bent fob and at what cost. The said spare should be able to open and close the doors and start the SUV. The fob in question should or will be like the attached pls. Tnx

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chichilas: 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
@TheGrandMaster, thanks, I will check this out as soon as I return.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2014
Good day Folks.
Kindly tell me which Transmission Oil I should use for my W202 C230 Kompressor & where I can get to buy in Lagos
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
shoppyanno: Good day Folks.
Kindly tell me which Transmission Oil I should use for my W202 C230 Kompressor & where I can get to buy in Lagos

I used this one and it's 4k per liter got it from my mechanic.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
TheGrandMaster:

Thanks a whole lot, will be waiting.

The lead I was following my friend wasn't impressed.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Oh, wow! A friend told me about the car wash on the Opebi link bridge from Mobolaji Bank-Anthony haven't tried them yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.