Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968608 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bobo9ice: 11:35pm On May 28, 2015
Hellow house and Benz lovers, pls I am selling off all my 3 benz models coz of relocation ML320, C Class W203 and E Class W211. Interested buyer shud pls whatapp me on 09099156667. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bobo9ice: 11:38pm On May 28, 2015
BarrackObamer:

Quite an education. Now I gerr it. Didn't really understand what you meant by late model (am kind of naive when it comes to these issues). Thanks for taking out time to explain it to me. Is a 2004 c230 considered a late model? Im still keeping the 2000 model kompressor in view, just that I don't like look of that generation.

I hve a used 2004 C Class for sale @ 700K
0909156667 whataapp me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bobo9ice: 11:46pm On May 28, 2015
qeemus:
Hello guys,I'm about to buy a nigerian used benz ml 320,2003 model.I will like to know if this model is cost effective maintenance wise.Any particular problesm associated with this model?Thanks

Go ahead, its a great ride. I have used mine for over 4yrs now. Great and Excellent.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 4:52pm On May 29, 2015
edward1984:

Yeah I noticed your post was deleted,, I replied you earlier,, this exact model is very nice,, safety and comfort,, I guess the spare parts are pretty expensive.. I advice you get one from overseas.. but for sure you will enjoy it if you finally get one .. good luck

Noted. I ll inquire about the cost of parts before I close the deal. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edward1984(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2015
BarrackObamer:

Noted. I ll inquire about the cost of parts before I close the deal. Thanks

That will be a very smart move
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2015
edward1984:

That will be a very smart move

Enquired from a guy who owns a similar model, he complained of recurrent electrical faults. Also got a mechanic to inspect it he confirmed that the car is prone to electrical faults and airflow malfunction. He also advised me to avoid a V6 merc.

My only regret was test driving that car cos I got hooked up immediately. Now I've got to deal with severe withdrawal syndrome.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edward1984(m): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2015
BarrackObamer:

Enquired from a guy who owns a similar model, he complained of recurrent electrical faults. Also got a mechanic to inspect it he confirmed that the car is prone to electrical faults and airflow malfunction.

My only regret was test driving that car cos I got hooked up immediately. Now I've got to deal with severe withdrawal syndrome.

Why not go for BMW or AUDI A6, A4... they are reliable cars too,, but first ask about the maintenance
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by iluvmoscow(m): 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hello guys, Please I need your urgent response.

I own a 2012 C180 Luxury edition, Diesel Engine. 39k Mileage. It jerks at idling, looses power and accelerates slowly, while the exhaust produces too much thick smoke with awful bad smell. Changed the oil and oil filter recently.

I really need to know what I am dealing with. Please your responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eazy12(m): 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
I have a C240 2003 model, V6( ordinary not 4matic) bought it one year ago, it's really cool haven't been given me much issues, my problem is just da ac it's not as cold as I thought it would be
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fritz007(m): 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Evening guys pls I do like ask if it's OK and safe to buy a naija used Benz 2000 model w202 c280 or c230k from Chek?? Safe as in wahala free.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Rick9(m): 2:50am On Jun 07, 2015
How much for M Class 4Matic ? Overseas tear rubber
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by biodunkris: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
Good morning pls am using a C 230 1998-99 model recently I changed my alternator twice thought DAT was the problem cos sometimes when I turn on d car it won't start but behaves as if battery down thought doesn't show me battery icon rather its radiator icon didn't know dis all dis while different rewire/ eelectricians said its alternator not minding d icon but 3days ago my mechanic unplugged d radiator switch and asked me to observe n if it persist would give me another battery to use for a week to observe again pls kindly help me out here Benz lovers and experts , can also reach me/whatsapp on 08028587306
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edward1984(m): 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
Fritz007:
Evening guys pls I do like ask if it's OK and safe to buy a naija used Benz 2000 model w202 c280 or c230k from Chek?? Safe as in wahala free.

Pre order one from abroad to save yourself headache
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
In Need of MB GL450 FORMATIC Key+plus remote programmer. Drop ur Contact or call
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pls where can I get this parts, my w203 compressor has Esp, brake assist and Abs malfunction, am in Benin, this is the parts pic.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
edubest:
Pls where can I get this parts, my w203 compressor has Esp, brake assist and Abs malfunction, am in Benin, this is the parts pic.

You need to scan with a star scanner and post the result before you start swapping parts.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
cne010:

You need to scan with a star scanner and post the result before you start swapping parts.
Thanks Cne010, this is the scanned result
Esp C1000, check control unit N47-s Esp and Bas control module.
Abs C1025 can Bus Abs can sisignal stored error.
Thanks as I awaits ur response.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
iluvmoscow:
Hello guys, Please I need your urgent response.

I own a 2012 C180 Luxury edition, Diesel Engine. 39k Mileage. It jerks at idling, looses power and accelerates slowly, while the exhaust produces too much thick smoke with awful bad smell. Changed the oil and oil filter recently.

I really need to know what I am dealing with. Please your responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Oh no! I dont know if this is too late already, you waited with this problem for too long.

The technological build of your car was for consistent premium fuel, but you have been doing the opposite, consistent unleaded fuel- This will not only produce so much buildup in your engine and shorten your service interval as well as damaging your catalytic converters , you oxygen sensors not excluded as well as your combustion chambers. Scan the car first to know how much damage may have been meted.

If i were you, i will start with the easiest and cheapest fixes. Start going on premium fuel consistently (you may never find it here) But you could treat every fuel you buy with xft consistently,double dosing the first 2 usages, perhabs this might solve the problem and save you lots of bucks, else you might need to change your complete exhaust system alongside their catalytic converters(this would always be inside any genuine exhaust system you buy)and clean up your nuzzles and throttle body as well as you plugs. After which, you will start getting boost in performances and cleaner running, but dont stop the use of the xft(some people uses octane booster, though i and my friends are living testimonies of xft). You could gain back 100 percent of your lost power in consistent usage. 90 percent of the benzs/bmw on our road loses a lot of power due to negligence of this nature. Toyota supra, mitsubishi eclipse, lexus es, hyundae genesis and any other japanese car built in this order of performance are not left out find my links on these...i'll be right back
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by iluvmoscow(m): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I am not using the car in Nigeria. Presently in MOSCOW, I was buying some other kind of fuel and it damaged the catalystic converter. My dealer quoted me 3000$ for replacement.

Are there any chances of fixing the catalystic converter without changing completely.. The car is terribly slow. Reving by itself while idling.
auhanson:

Oh no! I dont know if this is too late already, you waited with this problem for too long.

The technological build of your car was for consistent premium fuel, but you have been doing the opposite, consistent unleaded fuel- This will not only produce so much buildup in your engine and shorten your service interval as well as damaging your catalytic converters , you oxygen sensors not excluded as well as your combustion chambers. Scan the car first to know how much damage may have been meted.

If i were you, i will start with the easiest and cheapest fixes. Start going on premium fuel consistently (you may never find it here) But you could treat every fuel you buy with xft consistently,double dosing the first 2 usages, perhabs this might solve the problem and save you lots of bucks, else you might need to change your complete exhaust system alongside their catalytic converters(this would always be inside any genuine exhaust system you buy)and clean up your nuzzles and throttle body as well as you plugs. After which, you will start getting boost in performances and cleaner running, but dont stop the use of the xft(some people uses octane booster, though i and my friends are living testimonies of xft). You could gain back 100 percent of your lost power in consistent usage. 90 percent of the benzs/bmw on our road loses a lot of power due to negligence of this nature. Toyota supra, mitsubishi eclipse, lexus ex, hyundae genesis and any other japanese car built in this order of performance are not left out find my links on these...i'll be right back
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
iluvmoscow:
Thanks for your reply. I am not using the car in Nigeria. Presently in MOSCOW, I was buying some other kind of fuel and it damaged the catalystic converter. My dealer quoted me 3000$ for replacement.

Are there any chances of fixing the catalystic converter without changing completely.. The car is terribly slow. Reving by itself while idling.

I doubt, any fixes may just be temporal. the best bet is to change the exhaust.It rather so expensive overthere. china could produce a similar thing for 1/10 of that price and may still last you for a couple of years.. If you were in Nigria i would say just come to the market with abut N60,000.00 and get a complete exhaust unit with the catalytic converters intact(somthing from korea or good china grade)

However, if you could continue with xft overthere consistently it may clear the clogging in your catalytic converters(if they are not already broken inside)and fix back things, though i'm not giving you a hundred percent assurance, but its a 50 50 thing. But definitely it will improve a lot of things on consistent usage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
eazy12:
I have a C240 2003 model, V6( ordinary not 4matic) bought it one year ago, it's really cool haven't been given me much issues, my problem is just da ac it's not as cold as I thought it would be

your filters may be badly dirty . you may just need to change or clean them up if you go through the passenger side under the leg you could remove it and replace with new ones, ther you could start enjoying deadly chilling ac
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
auhanson:

your filters may be badly dirty . you may just need to change or clean them up if you go through the passenger side under the leg you could remove it and replace with new ones, ther you could start enjoying deadly chilling ac

Trust Mercedes cheesy cheesy.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Fritz007:

Naija used cars are by probability and luck, except you are buying from me.

I can only advice that you go with a star scanner to scan the car first before you buy, else just earmark like 1/3 to 2/3 of the amount of purchase for any fixes that could possibly arose
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Eyop:

Trust Mercedes cheesy cheesy.

Eyop , good evening , how's life?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
auhanson:

Eyop , good evening , how's life?

Good evening Boss. We are pushing and hoping for the very best sir. Just in class reading your response to the questions asked.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Insanity(m): 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Please house, I just got a Mercedes Benz C230 2006 and i'm looking for the engine Id number. What's the location of this number in the car. I wanna do registration and they're requesting for it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
Insanity:
Please house, I just got a Mercedes Benz C230 2006 and i'm looking for the engine Id number. What's the location of this number in the car. I wanna do registration and they're requesting for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgkRV39pp8E
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
Insanity:

The youtube link posted by inze should assist you locate the engine number but if you are unable to locate it,please contact an experienced Mercedes benz mechanic to assist you to avoid copying the wrong number.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eazy12(m): 9:54am On Jun 11, 2015
auhanson:

Thank you sir! Will try that
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
@auhauson @iluvmoscow car is a diesel engine can he use xft?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by iluvmoscow(m): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
I wouldn't mind ordering one from Nigeria, China or some other place. How do I go about this, don t know where to start from.

auhanson:

I doubt, any fixes may just be temporal. the best bet is to change the exhaust.It rather so expensive overthere. china could produce a similar thing for 1/10 of that price and may still last you for a couple of years.. If you were in Nigria i would say just come to the market with abut N60,000.00 and get a complete exhaust unit with the catalytic converters intact(somthing from korea or good china grade)

However, if you could continue with xft overthere consistently it may clear the clogging in your catalytic converters(if they are not already broken inside)and fix back things, though i'm not giving you a hundred percent assurance, but its a 50 50 thing. But definitely it will improve a lot of things on consistent usage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Gurus in the house, pls help me out
My w203 Benz has been displaying malfunctions on brake assist, Abs and Esp.
After scanning these are the codes:

Esp C1000, check control unit N47-s Esp and Bas control module.
Abs C1025 can Bus Abs can sisignal stored error.
Pls what are meaning of the codes and which way forward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.