Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio (18405 Views)

HUAWEI 9YA: What's Your Experience With HUAWEI phones? / Pantami's Decision To Mine Data Of Phone Users Trailed By Controversy / Tech Giant Google Ends Ties With Huawei (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by jaxxy(m): 11:31pm On May 21, 2019
marvin906:

ohh my lord

Why doesn’t China use Facebook or amazon and other us manufacturing coy? They are no fools so why should us play the fool?

I keep saying trump is Godsent the Chinese where about to run the us over and hold Obama by the balls bt trump is business Savy and a hard nut to crack. Just what China needs. I loved trump from his the apprentice days. He makes the hard decisions with ease. It’s a Gift.

1 Like

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Topmaike007(m): 11:59pm On May 21, 2019
sammirano:
Them no well, the fear of China...
is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Topmaike007(m): 12:07am On May 22, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Only in China. Outside of China, it would have destroyed them. Huawei will be thanking their God now.

How would it have killed Google? Within the context of the global mobile phone industry alone, If Android retired Blackberry, then who is Huawei to Google? That's like saying if Mercedes Benz stops using Michellin tyres it will fold up grin Impossicant. Google is even bigger than Apple as far as the mobile phone industry dominance percentage is concerned.
oga wake up, once upon a Time,there was an Os called symbian,it was powerful even the Almighty Java bow before it, little were known that another blockbuster were also coming called blackberry, blackberry were great even my nation girls gave out their virginity to own a gadget and this was how Blackberry sidelined Symbian.
Blackberry did not know that another mind blowing tech is coming, this time around it was not one, but two called IOS and Android,this was how This two tech came and retired the Almighty Blackberry...

The moral lesson of my story is that power does not last forever.

1 Like

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Topmaike007(m): 12:08am On May 22, 2019
jaxxy:

Why doesn’t China use Facebook or amazon and other us manufacturing coy? They are no fools so why should us play the fool?

I keep saying trump is Godsent the Chinese where about to run the us over and hold Obama by the balls bt trump is business Savy and a hard nut to crack. Just what China needs. I loved trump from his the apprentice days. He makes the hard decisions with ease. It’s a Gift.
just as how the same USA government are using Facebook to gather our Data

1 Like

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Topmaike007(m): 12:11am On May 22, 2019
Fegish:
Huawei is never to be trusted
just as how you should not trust Facebook and other America tech cos they are using it to spy on your nation affairs

1 Like

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Topmaike007(m): 12:15am On May 22, 2019
henryobinna:
stop misinforming people...

samsung and lg are south korean brand, south korea is a USA ally,... oneplus is owend by oppo and both of them are Chinese...

you need to get your facts right before engaging in an argument you know very little about
so how many people in your street are using Lg and Samsung?but I can bet you that if the Data of people in your state are gathered China phones have The highest usage,so what are we talking about?
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by falopey: 1:27am On May 22, 2019
yeman2012:
After making me to sell my huawei y6

Don’t be angry. You did the right thing. Many people commenting on this trend are just doing that without understanding the full context of the news.

The bottom line of it all is that the US government has given (not only google) all American companies doing business with Huawei 90 days ultimatum to round off all transactions with Huawei within the next 90 days. Google only has 90 days to completely withdraw from doing business with Huawei. Unfortunately most of you didn’t get the news.

So the nairaland headline is misleading. Google did not reverse from its decision to stop doing business with Huawei. Everything is just for 90 days.

2 Likes

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Dottore: 5:48am On May 22, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Only in China. Outside of China, it would have destroyed them. Huawei will be thanking their God now.

How would it have killed Google? Within the context of the global mobile phone industry alone, If Android retired Blackberry, then who is Huawei to Google? That's like saying if Mercedes Benz stops using Michellin tyres it will fold up grin Impossicant. Google is even bigger than Apple as far as the mobile phone industry dominance percentage is concerned.

Bro Google just shot itself in the leg and this is the beginning of the end. They have just "informed" not only Huawei but the entire China and licensed them to find an alternative.

Apart from China having their indegenous personalities who can effectively handle both written and spoken English, it will only take them an effort to employ less than 100 English scholars even Britons to work as content writers in creating an independent OS. If you have been to China you will better appreciate their prowess. They don't even have to work very hard. They already have Google Android source codes and Templates so they only need to plagiarize and customize to suit whatever they want.

Chinese phone manufacturers have rendered premium western phone makers into oblivion now. Where are the great names in the likes of BlackBerry, Motorola, Ericsson, Siemens, Kyocera, Olivetti, BenQ, Grundig, Nokia to mention but a few.

Even in personal computer where are the great names like IBM, Packard Bell, Acorn, Gateway, Magnavox to mention but a few. Even the great HP and Dell are struggling for survival. Do you know that already China has its own version of FACEBOOK, SEARCH ENGINES, CHAT APPS and other western premium sites and apps. The US just gave China a license to rubbish my precious Google and believe me in less than 3 years Google will be begging for merger with a Chinese company.
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Dottore: 5:50am On May 22, 2019
bluefilm:
America just wan shake China small make China remember say na dem still be dia oga.
Bro Google just shot itself in the leg and this is the beginning of the end. They have just "informed" not only Huawei but the entire China and licensed them to find an alternative.

Apart from China having their indegenous personalities who can effectively handle both written and spoken English, it will only take them an effort to employ less than 100 English scholars even Britons to work as content writers in creating an independent OS. If you have been to China you will better appreciate their prowess. They don't even have to work very hard. They already have Google Android source codes and Templates so they only need to plagiarize and customize to suit whatever they want.

Chinese phone manufacturers have rendered premium western phone makers into oblivion now. Where are the great names in the likes of BlackBerry, Motorola, Ericsson, Siemens, Kyocera, Olivetti, BenQ, Grundig, Nokia to mention but a few.

Even in personal computer where are the great names like IBM, Packard Bell, Acorn, Gateway, Magnavox to mention but a few. Even the great HP and Dell are struggling for survival. Do you know that already China has its own version of FACEBOOK, SEARCH ENGINES, CHAT APPS and other western premium sites and apps. The US just gave China a license to rubbish my precious Google and believe me in less than 3 years Google will be begging for merger with a Chinese company.

CC
LeeMason lloyds grandstar maryjames9 NUJABEZ
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by bluefilm: 8:02am On May 22, 2019
Dottore:

CC
LeeMason lloyds grandstar maryjames9 NUJABEZ

I see your point but I don't think China's effort( through Huawei) to upstage the US(through Google) in the mobile tech world will amount to anything in the nearest future.

This is because when it comes to certain technologies, once you take the center stage, it's very hard for another challenger or competitor to upstage you.

Google rules the Search Engine and Android markets for now.

Facebook rules the social media market for now.

Unless something drastic happens to these companies either in their management or they experience a massive downturn in business, I don't see these companies being replaced by their competitors.

The reason for this is quite simple: People don't like so much change even though they may be clamoring for change every time.

Once your users get stuck on your product/s and they like it, or they find it very productive at least to some extent, rarely do you see them desire to move to something better... unless that new option is actually better.

Take this our nairaland for example. Year in year out, people keep on complaining that Seun is not improving on nairaland but after all the complaining, after all said and done, we are still back here, if anything, just to complain some more. grin

Check it, Microsoft tried to upstage Google Android market with their windows phone. They failed.

Even Google tried to upstage Facebook in the social media market with their Google Plus. They failed woefully.

So my point is, if China is hoping to turn the world away from using Android, then they must be ready to come up with something really really better than Android as it is now.

And you and I know very well, that is not gonna be easy.

Unfortunately for them, Google will not just be sleeping while China goes to work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by marvin906(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2019
jaxxy:

I might be right about the rest companies buh please remove Facebook that's a spy tool for the US that's why it was banned

1 Like

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by engrchykae(m): 9:14am On May 22, 2019
maryjames9:

Lolzzzz. FYI, I don't give a damn about U. S or Trump. I don't hate greatness unlike you. When china undo America then what? There is no vacuum in this life. Another country will take America's place. May be a communist country like china doubtedly, Russia or any other country. America is your nightmare now. If they are gone, another country will take its place. Direct your hatred and accountability demands towards your leaders gay so you can have a place to call your home and start developing your own gadgets that other countries can buy punkasss.

I know your primitive brain is too fragile enough to comprehend the meaning of my statements, it will be wise you call a commitee of smartest individual in your entire village to interpreter and enlighten you if they can on my writings and it'd meaning. Now get your filthy pathetic self outta here.
you are just a product of media indoctrination where they made you believe that you are intellectually and racially superior.
keep living in your wonderland.
the idea is not for america to fall,rather the idea is to have a balance of power.
get lost with your america that is cursed with wars,homosexuals and broken homes.
you slowpoke that depend on the government to take care of your basic needs will be talking anyhow to real men who depend on no one to survive.
kunta kinte get lost.
it is this foolish attitude that made us sell your ancestors to the white man.

2 Likes

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by 2ruborn9ja(m): 9:55am On May 22, 2019
Thats the click.
LeeMason:
Its already had a negative effect on Huawei shares and sales, US codedly wants apple to come bk to the number 2 spot in terms of global sales
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by 2ruborn9ja(m): 9:55am On May 22, 2019
Sure
BUSHHUNTER:
Huawei will survive without Google.
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Umartins1(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2019
Okworigeorge:
done
Bless you, my brother. I really appreciate.
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by elijahkayode(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2019
falopey:

Don’t be angry. You did the right thing. Many people commenting on this trend are just doing that without understanding the full context of the news.
The Op just interpreted his understanding of the news

So the nairaland headline is misleading. Google did not reverse from its decision to stop doing business with Huawei. Everything is just for 90 days.

Incompetent Mod + lazy youth
America literally build China with over $500 billion trade deficit everyyear abeg let them dismantle China so they can move production to Africa

https://www.xda-developers.com/analysis-huawei-aosp-google-ban/

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45899310?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story

Don't believe everything you read on Naira land (fake news) a forum where anybody can post whatever they want, always check a reputable news site,

1 Like

Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Abcruz(m): 6:53pm On May 22, 2019
visijo:
I can't wait to get married so that we will be calling carpenter to repair our bed every Monday morning

Misplaced priority undecided
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by timesup234: 9:40am On May 24, 2019
So where are those American noisemakers posting bulllshit here? I hope you are all following the news now. America will make all the noise and China will win in silent. Americans naturally are loudmouthed, they can only bully third world countries. Where is the wall? What is the outcome of operation “Fire and Fury” against North Korea? What happens to “Assad must go”? Is Guaido the interim President of Venezuela or of USA? America is China's biitttch. China won the first half of the battle without even saying a single word.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-stock-futures-rise-on-signs-trump-administration-could-soften-huawei-stance-2019-05-24?mod=mw_theo_homepage
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Blastedholligan: 4:01am On May 27, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Huawei will survive without Google.
it would take time.
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Blastedholligan: 4:02am On May 27, 2019
Does it mean that other Chinese smartphone brand will also want to follow suit by dumping Google too? TECNO and Co should brace up too incase the going gets bad.
Re: Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio by Blastedholligan: 4:07am On May 27, 2019
bluefilm:

I see your point but I don't think China's effort( through Huawei) to upstage the US(through Google) in the mobile tech world will amount to anything in the nearest future.

This is because when it comes to certain technologies, once you take the center stage, it's very hard for another challenger or competitor to upstage you.

Google rules the Search Engine and Android markets for now.

Facebook rules the social media market for now.

Unless something drastic happens to these companies either in their management or they experience a massive downturn in business, I don't see these companies being replaced by their competitors.

The reason for this is quite simple: People don't like so much change even though they may be clamoring for change every time.

Once your users get stuck on your product/s and they like it, or they find it very productive at least to some extent, rarely do you see them desire to move to something better... unless that new option is actually better.

Take this our nairaland for example. Year in year out, people keep on complaining that Seun is not improving on nairaland but after all the complaining, after all said and done, we are still back here, if anything, just to complain some more. grin

Check it, Microsoft tried to upstage Google Android market with their windows phone. They failed.

Even Google tried to upstage Facebook in the social media market with their Google Plus. They failed woefully.

So my point is, if China is hoping to turn the world away from using Android, then they must be ready to come up with something really really better than Android as it is now.

And you and I know very well, that is not gonna be easy.

Unfortunately for them, Google will not just be sleeping while China goes to work.
very true!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BoICT: TECNO Wins Mobile Phone Brand Of The Year Award (Photos) / Infinix Launces Zero 20 Smartphone With Nigerian Celebrities / MTN Agrees To Pay Nigerian $1.7Billion Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.