Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa (20606 Views)

Dates For US Visa Drop Box Appointment / United States Embassy Suspends Interview Waiver "Drop Box" For Nigerians / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nobody: 5:34am On May 22, 2019
ssogundele:
It's getting to a point that most developed and sane countries will start to deny Nigerians visa then we'll know that the pop has hit the fan! Both political class and business class won't be exempted! Until we begins to frown at this epidemic of quick wealth that most Nigerians are crazy about.
Let’s say the TRUTH..!!!
No one ever associates itself with POVERTY.
The worst part is that NO ONE wants to associate itself with a POOR and DESTRUCTIVE somebody.

It is only the CRUDE OIL in NIGERIA that is binding Nigeria to the outside world. PEOPLE stand to gain nothing else from NIGERIA as a country.

We don’t consume well neither do we manufacture at all..
What else can one benefit..??

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by ugom123: 5:35am On May 22, 2019
rinzaugustine:
Good decision by US to knock sense into the head of the elites about the current situation of Nigeria.Its no longer a matter of it doesn’t concern me and my family..we can always travel to US..bla bla bla

Excatly what i av been saying. I wish the entire world can ban Nigerians and their elites from traveling out so that we go all die here and get sense to fix this country.

If there is any citizens who are so less concered about their country, then it is Nigerians.

Pls, could you help me tag any soft kinded admin here? My main account was banned due to my post. A friend of mine is doing her PhD in Florida. Her programme is about birth control in Nigeria. Such an interesting research is what this country needs now. We need to begin to pay attention to issues like that and not every day, Tonto Dike did this or Davido bought this while our country keep sliding into uncontrollable poverty. A country without proper population control suffers a lot.

Pls, I am pleading with u and any other person who can call the attention of the mod here to help unban my account and help push the research to front page. The researcher is simply looking for 1600 respondents to carry out her research. We can always help one another in this country na.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Toks2008(m): 5:36am On May 22, 2019
nonxo007:

My brother you shouldn't conclude its a lie if you were not present there, unless you are the spokes person for the European embassies in Nigeria.

You still don't get it, all the European countries I know will never refuse you because they think you will overstay... But from my knowledge only U S does that shit yet it's so shameful that despite their dependence on the lame psychology of the interviewing officers, many still go and overstay and I guess it is because they rarely give visas to the genuine people who deserve it.

I think what the government should fight against is their gamble like visa process and mandate them to screen documents.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 5:39am On May 22, 2019
300wayne:
This and many others is what we Nigerians have to deal with because of the bad image some people have given us........if things don't change in the next decade we might have to deal with more stringent measures not only from the USA but even from Chad and Niger

...........including our president

Nigeria's president has warned his fellow citizens to stop trying to make asylum claims in Britain, saying that their reputation for criminality has made it hard for them to be "accepted" abroad.

Muhammadu Buhari, the tough ex-general elected last year, said t[b]hose who had joined the migrant exodus to Europe were doing so purely for economic reasons rather than because they were in danger.[/b]

He added that because of the number of Nigerians imprisoned for law-breaking in Britain and elsewhere, they were also unlikely to get much sympathy.

"We have an image problem abroad and we are on our way to salvage that"

"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but they have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking," he told The Telegraph.

"I don't think Nigerians have anybody to blame. They can remain at home, where their services are required to rebuild the country."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/12143510/Nigerians-reputation-for-crime-has-made-them-unwelcome-in-Britain-says-countrys-president.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6323110_screenshot20171126103451_jpeg9298781c1423f8462de42f499ff3942f

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by iammo(m): 5:39am On May 22, 2019
Mustsucceed:

They have all become proactive in case you haven't observed.

true
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 5:42am On May 22, 2019
Mustsucceed:
Thus is part I find .whereby they deny government workers .your sister case not the first .I think its now a diplomatic issue and an effrontery ..how can the government request you give its worker visa for a fully funded by the government course and you deny ..see no matter what ,this is an insult .I don't care what way any one here looks at it but Nigeria needs to without telling them any thing start denying visas after all many of them come in for business .America isn't a super power but a user and PR stunt

Your whole post, especially the bold part, reads like a joke. Is that what it is

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nobody: 5:43am On May 22, 2019
anonimi:

Your whole post, especially the bold part, reads like a joke. Is that what it is

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

Poor child .
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Hotfreezers: 5:46am On May 22, 2019
DigitalGenius:
It seems they do not want the future generations of Nigerians to even visit USA for tourism. Hopefully, when trim is out and a democrat party member becomes the president the rules will be amended again.

Lol
Keep wishing

No country would open its borders down for immigrants to come and spoil things. As at today, far right parties are gaining momentum in impending EU elections. Just start praying the US migration policy has hiccups cos if it succeeds, its game over.

Maybe when they force Nigerians to sit back in Nigeria, we would stop electing idiots like Fayose, Ikpeazu and Yaya Bello.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by cooltola(m): 5:51am On May 22, 2019
We are not even close to the criminal activities some nationals of Russia, Italy, China, eastern European countries have done and yet they still get visas easier than Nigerian. Our yahoo is at a very amateur and keeping saying that it has to do with our skin color. It is not as if when you enter such countries they treat Nigerians well. As a Nigerian, you have to work twice or four times harder than the average national to even get a decent job. I keep praying that God will deliver Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nobody: 5:53am On May 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Lol
Keep wishing

No country would open its borders down for immigrants to come and spoil things. As at today, far right parties are gaining momentum in impending EU elections. Just start praying the US migration policy has hiccups cos if it succeeds, its game over.

Maybe when they force Nigerians to sit back in Nigeria, we would stop electing idiots like Fayose, Ikpeazu and Yaya Bello.
Honestly
U have said it all
I know what it took me to penetrate the U.S.
I thank God everyday for it.
Even MEXICANS who share common boundary with the US see it as a Big achievement when they succeed.
TRUMP is not smiling and they love him for such, especially the pure whites residing in Michigan, Chicago, Minnesota.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by nonxo007(m): 5:54am On May 22, 2019
Toks2008:

You still don't get it, all the European countries I know will never refuse you because they think you will overstay... But from my knowledge only U S does that shit yet it's so shameful that despite their dependence on the lame psychology of the interviewing officers, many still go and overstay and I guess it is because they rarely give visas to the genuine people who deserves it.

I think what the government should fight against is their gamble like visa process and mandate them to screen documents.
Well I agree with you on this, but still the US government still has the right to grant visa to whom so ever they deem right to enter their country. And screening of document I think is a must
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nobody: 5:57am On May 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Lol
Keep wishing

By the way, if you call IKPAEZU idiot, what will you then call those that MASTERMINDED the destruction of ABIA STATE like the ORJIs...??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by AudiA4: 5:58am On May 22, 2019
DONALD TRUMP IS A SHREWD BUSINESS MAN grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Hotfreezers: 6:00am On May 22, 2019
EVILFOREST:

By the way, if you call IKPAEZU idiot, what will you then call those that MASTERMINDED the destruction of ABIA STATE like the ORJIs...??

Those ones are cancers. The frog eyed Orji and his predecessor the demonic thief presently in the APC.

The painful thing is that those idiots travel out and see how things work but refuse to replicate it. Look at OUK, did he handle Abia how he handled his businesses in SLOK? The idiot in Kogi too, did he handle his business how he handled Fair Plus?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 6:00am On May 22, 2019
nonxo007:
Well I agree with you on this, but still the US government still has the right to grant visa to whom so ever they deem right to enter their country. And screening of document I think is a must

It is good that you said that you think and not that you know.
What compels a house owner to even check out who you are when you knock at his door, asking to enter
Do you understand what you are talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by hisgrace090: 6:02am On May 22, 2019
Mustsucceed:

They have all become proactive in case you haven't observed.

The most difficult thing is to have this type of leaders as a nation who cares not for the benefits of their nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Toks2008(m): 6:03am On May 22, 2019
nonxo007:

Ofcourse every country has the right to grant or refuse visas but the process should be a viable one and not the way it is presently done on the case of America visa.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 6:03am On May 22, 2019
cooltola:
We are not even close to the criminal activities some nationals of Russia, Italy, China, eastern European countries have done and yet they still get visas easier than Nigerian. Our yahoo is at a very amateur and keeping saying that it has to do with our skin color. It is not as if when you enter such countries they treat Nigerians well. As a Nigerian, you have to work twice or four times harder than the average national to even get a decent job. I keep praying that God will deliver Nigeria

How does the economy of those listed countries compare to that of Nigeria
What percentage of their population is desperate to get out and stay put in saner climes that are not fantastically corrupt shittyholes?
Do you know or can you even guess?

Gerrard59:
A staff in Nigeria's highest paying oil firm (an industry which pays the highest nationwide) relocates to Canada? So someone who earns more than 20M annually leaves to Canada? shocked Na so e bad reach? embarassed

It's finished!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 6:06am On May 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:
Lol
Keep wishing

Oga, you sabi wetin dey happen.
Oyinbos no get mercy for lazy mofos who want to come and chop their welfare system to ruins.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916463_img1217_jpegf36bc6f0e3954883e8b3b5a692deed65

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 6:08am On May 22, 2019
Toks2008:
Ofcourse every country has the right to grant or refuse visas but the process should be a viable one and not the way it is presently done on the case of America visa.

Is there an international law that you know of which obliges them to make the process "a viable one", whatever that means

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by rusher14: 6:11am On May 22, 2019
cooltola:

Everywhere I've been there's always that scam joke about the Nigerian Prince. The Russians don't have that reputation neither do they overstay their visas.

Here on Nairaland some try to validate 419, yet you want these countries who monitor your present and past activities to overlook what is clear and evident.

Nigerians should change for the better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nukilia: 6:12am On May 22, 2019
ugom123:

Excatly what i av been saying. I wish the entire world can ban Nigerians and their elites from traveling out so that we go all die here and get sense to fix this country.

If there is any citizens who are so less concered about their country, then it is Nigerians.

Pls, could you help me tag any soft kinded admin here? My main account was banned due to my post. A friend of mine is doing her PhD in Florida.
Her programme is about birth control in Nigeria. Such an interesting research is what this country needs now..

grin grin grin You're such a funny person...

1. Wishing the entire world ban Nigerians will only make life terrible for us all and your friend doing her PhD.
2. I don't think the South needs birth control, maybe you should send your questionnaire to the North where they
understand how increased population help them hold the country to ransom by underage voting...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nobody: 6:13am On May 22, 2019
All these has been Countries sef always chancing the underdogs; wait till China displays their shame to the world; na dem go dey beg Naija for visa..mtcheew
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Toks2008(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2019
anonimi:

Is there an international law that you know of which obliges them to make the process "a viable one", whatever that means

Exactly my point... so i guess Nigerians should continue to pay over 60k for a visa fee and continue to attend a gambling process in the name of an interview and when refused, there will be no right of appeal.

This is a reflection of who we are as a country and the way America sees other countries so let the gamble continues.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by cooltola(m): 6:18am On May 22, 2019
rusher14:

Everywhere I've been there's always that scam joke about the Nigerian Prince. The Russians don't have that reputation neither do they overstay their visas.

Here on Nairaland some try to validate 419, yet you want these countries who monitor your present and past activities to overlook what is clear and evident.

Nigerians should change for the better.

Have you not heard of Russian mafia or the italian Mafia?
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by jesmond3945: 6:22am On May 22, 2019
anonimi:

that pic is racist you know?
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 6:27am On May 22, 2019
jesmond3945:
that pic is racist you know?

You could say that but is it not statistically reflective of the situation in each region

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 6:29am On May 22, 2019
Toks2008:
Exactly my point... so i guess Nigerians should continue to pay over 60k for a visa fee and continue to attend a gambling process in the name of an interview and when refused, there will be no right of appeal.

This is a reflection of who we are as a country and the way America sees other countries so let the gamble continues.

Does anyone force Nigerians to partake in the "gamble"
Who could be this person forcing Nigerians? Do you know?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens / IATA Reacts To Emirates Suspension Of Flights From Nigeria / 5 Warnings From U.S. Border Agents After Weed Legalization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.