Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa (20605 Views)

Dates For US Visa Drop Box Appointment / United States Embassy Suspends Interview Waiver "Drop Box" For Nigerians / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by jesmond3945: 6:39am On May 22, 2019
anonimi:

You could say that but is it not statistically reflective of the situation in each region
Nope it is not. There are more hungry people in europe than in Africa. These europeans come to africa, snap few hungry people, go back to their country and collect pounds and dollars. Some are used while some end in private pockets.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:46am On May 22, 2019
It's indefinite suspension,meaning it may be stopped when the stress nearly kills them.

Before it's stopped, let them refuse many Nigerian Politicians so that common sense will be restored to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by rusher14: 6:46am On May 22, 2019
cooltola:

Have you not heard of Russian mafia or the italian Mafia?

Just like Yakuza and English Mob.

Are they preying on regular folk in a village in Arkansas?

Are they preying on a widow in Colorado?

Are they robbing a Bureau de change in Dubai?

There's always a need by Nigerians to justify nonsense.

The result is what you are seeing today.

Continue with the same line of reasoning let's see how far it'll take us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 6:51am On May 22, 2019
jesmond3945:
Nope it is not. There are more hungry people in europe than in Africa. These europeans come to africa, snap few hungry people, go back to their country and collect pounds and dollars. Some are used while some end in private pockets.

You truly have a huge sense of humour. embarassed undecided
Is that why you have thousands of Europeans risking their lives in the Mediterranean Sea, Libya and the Sahara desert just to get into Africa where there is surplus food and jobs

liljboy:
It’s okay to marry a woman old enough to be your mother, you can still explain that as love, but someone old enough to be your grandmother?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4914275_df_jpeg373e55dea7e43f08e80004f94f67a4a7

todaynewsreview:
The bodies of at least 74 migrants have been washed ashore in western Libya, in the latest tragedy along the dangerous trafficking route to Europe. The Libyan Red Crescent posted photos of dozens of bodies in black and white bags lined up along the shore near the western city of Zawiya.
A spokesman for the aid organisation said there were still bodies floating out at sea as the agency had no way of retrieving them. He said the migrants were all adults, mostly from sub-Saharan African countries, and all but three were men.
The UN migration agency, the International Organisation of Migration (IOM), said the dinghy had set off on Saturday with 110 people on board. The agency said traffickers deliberately took the engines from the boat and then abandoned it to drift.

http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/3051/tragedy-bodies-of-migrants-wash-ashore-en-route-europe-photo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4901723_z1_jpegff7a94c52111caf03b4bc410211e9b89

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nobody: 6:56am On May 22, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Thus is part I find .whereby they deny government workers .your sister case not the first .I think its now a diplomatic issue and an effrontery ..how can the government request you give its worker visa for a fully funded by the government course and you deny ..see no matter what ,this is an insult .I don't care what way any one here looks at it but Nigeria needs to without telling them any thing start denying visas after all many of them come in for business .America isn't a super power but a user and PR stunt

Oya demonstrate your anger by staying put in your gaddem country. Must you go to the US? Nigerians sense of entitlement is annoying. Anyone who feels insulted can demonstrate indignation by resolving never to have anything to do with the US. Dem no beg you come.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by omonla10(m): 7:02am On May 22, 2019
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nobody: 7:07am On May 22, 2019
rusher14:

Everywhere I've been there's always that scam joke about the Nigerian Prince. The Russians don't have that reputation neither do they overstay their visas.

Here on Nairaland some try to validate 419, yet you want these countries who monitor your present and past activities to overlook what is clear and evident.

Nigerians should change for the better.

The policy change was not motivated by 419. Its clearly stated that the issue here is overstaying.. Let's not confuse the issues. You would claim holy man and even pastor, and yet you would dishonestly apply for a visiting visa with intent to overstay.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by salford1: 7:08am On May 22, 2019
rusher14:

Everywhere I've been there's always that scam joke about the Nigerian Prince. The Russians don't have that reputation neither do they overstay their visas.

Here on Nairaland some try to validate 419, yet you want these countries who monitor your present and past activities to overlook what is clear and evident.

Nigerians should change for the better.
Lol at the Nigerian prince. I once picked up a letter faxed from a yahoo boy claiming to be Alison Maduekwe's son on a company's fax machine shared in a large office space in North America. The mofo was looking for maga yet destroying Nigeria's image at the same time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by tsdarkside(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2019
AbooNasir:
ki lonje drop box visa? ki lonje drop box visa?

i think its some kind of green card stuff....

kiiiikikikiki....

i dont know....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by cooltola(m): 7:10am On May 22, 2019
rusher14:

Just like Yakuza and English Mob.

Are they preying on regular folk in a village in Arkansas?

Are they preying on a widow in Colorado?

Are they robbing a Bureau de change in Dubai?

There's always a need by Nigerians to justify nonsense.

The result is what you are seeing today.

Continue with the same line of reasoning let's see how far it'll take us.

Yes italian mob in new york , heard of Lufthansa heist and many countless other. The drug smuggling from China to usa, the Russian mob forcing women into prostitution in Barcelona,London, Munich. Look i am not giving excuse to crimes but i am just saying that some national with worse criminal actions are given a pass and even get visa easier than even the most law abiding Nigerian. All we do is yahoo which is a very small percentage of Nigerian residing abroad yet we are looked as if na we dey commit all the crime. I remember i was search at Heathrow airport as if i was a crook. Please this is the reality, sometimes one has to develop a thick skin to deal with all these bullshit.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by tsdarkside(m): 7:11am On May 22, 2019
Kobicove:
This is unnecessary flexing of muscles by Nigeria which is an exercise in futility.

Put Nigeria in good shape so that our citizens will stop begging to go do menial jobs in countries where things work! undecided

look at this wan....

stop messin around....!!

how is it nigerian goverment wahala when you go another person house and mess up....??

now you want nigerian goverment to beg america for you to stay after yourself commit crimes....??

shey na nigerian goverment send una their to go commit crimes ni....??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by opribo(m): 7:15am On May 22, 2019
That is a country worried about the influx of undocumented people into their country.

Just tell me how this concerns us now. Nigeria should face the hunger in the land and leave American's to chose by themselves how best to welcome people into their country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by tsdarkside(m): 7:16am On May 22, 2019
opribo:
That is a country worried about the influx of undocumented people into their country.

Just tell me how this concerns us now. Nigeria should face the hunger in the land and leave American's to chose by themselves how best to welcome people into their country.

exactly....nigerians just dont understand that everybody is pissed off in this world....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by tsdarkside(m): 7:18am On May 22, 2019
america is not that nice as you nigerians always imagine....

their are many sufferin their too....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by jesmond3945: 7:34am On May 22, 2019
anonimi:

You truly have a huge sense of humour. embarassed undecided
Is that why you have thousands of Europeans risking their lives in the Mediterranean Sea, Libya and the Sahara desert just to get into Africa where there is surplus food and jobs

they have succeeded to brainwash your mind against your people it is a pity. What of the thousands of foreigners looking to reap where they didnt sow in africa? Look at our oil industry messed up by these same white people. The chinese destroying our manufacturing in collusion with our leaders who they installed by proxy. Let Nigerians lead a revolution to topple bad regime and you would see the Western powers quashing the revolution and reinstalling their puppet. Look at what happened in Gabon. Even look at the meddling of western powers in the middle east. Now they are trying to find a reason to attack iran and of course you would know the humanitarian consequences. The Migrant crisis is a consequence of western meddling in the affairs of other nations. Even in venezuela it is the same thing, are they not white people too. Change your thinking.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Temple1288(m): 7:48am On May 22, 2019
DigitalGenius:
It seems they do not want the future generations of Nigerians to even visit USA for tourism. Hopefully, when trim is out and a democrat party member becomes the president the rules will be amended again.

Haha Joke of the century

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by rusher14: 8:17am On May 22, 2019
Hedonini:

The policy change was not motivated by 419. Its clearly stated that the issue here is overstaying.. Let's not confuse the issues. You would claim holy man and even pastor, and yet you would dishonestly apply for a visiting visa with intent to overstay.

I did write about overstaying.

We should also know nothing is ever taken in isolation.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by anonimi: 8:26am On May 22, 2019
jesmond3945:
they have succeeded to brainwash your mind against your people it is a pity. What of the thousands of foreigners looking to reap where they didnt sow in africa? Look at our oil industry messed up by these same white people.

Do you have an oil industry?
How do you know that you have oil without the knowledge of the white people

The chinese destroying our manufacturing in collusion with our leaders who they installed by proxy.

Why don't Nigerians install Chinese leaders too by proxy?
Who is stopping us from doing that

Let Nigerians lead a revolution to topple bad regime and you would see the Western powers quashing the revolution and reinstalling their puppet. Look at what happened in Gabon. Even look at the meddling of western powers in the middle east. Now they are trying to find a reason to attack iran and of course you would know the humanitarian consequences. The Migrant crisis is a consequence of western meddling in the affairs of other nations. Even in venezuela it is the same thing, are they not white people too. Change your thinking.

You are just blaming people who are equally endowed as you for your laziness to use your God given capacities to dominate your own environment plus plus.
All that you said about western powers are what empires/colonialists do, including those old African empires like Songhai, Oyo, Benin etc.
I hope you understand the drill now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Kobicove(m): 8:43am On May 22, 2019
tsdarkside:

look at this wan....

stop messin around....!!

how is it nigerian goverment wahala when you go another person house and mess up....??

now you want nigerian goverment to beg america for you to stay after yourself commit crimes....??

shey na nigerian goverment send una their to go commit crimes ni....??

You lack comprehension skills.

Please go and read what I wrote again; if you still can't understand it then you need to request a full refund of the fees you paid in school undecided
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Toks2008(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2019
anonimi:

Does anyone force Nigerians to partake in the "gamble"
Who could be this person forcing Nigerians? Do you know?

Soro niyen?
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by ugom123: 8:52am On May 22, 2019
Nukilia:

grin grin grin You're such a funny person...

1. Wishing the entire world ban Nigerians will only make life terrible for us all and your friend doing her PhD.
2. I don't think the South needs birth control, maybe you should send your questionnaire to the North where they
understand how increased population help them hold the country to ransom by underage voting...

Hi bro

Seriously, we need to fix our country bro. Enough of the running. These leaders are milking the country becus we feel we can always escape to other countries.. But we keep forgeting that these other countries, their citizens didnt run out of their countries when things were bad, they stayed, fought their leaders and fix things up. Recently, the youths fought with the French authorities to fix diesel price. It was a bloody protest.

As for my friend's research, pls it is for her PhD programme and it is an online survey questionaire. We appreciate if there is a way u can help me post it here. Or can u help me mention an admin who can lift my ban?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Nukilia: 9:17am On May 22, 2019
ugom123:

Hi bro
Seriously, we need to fix our country bro. Enough of the running. These leaders are milking the country becus we feel we can always escape to other countries.. But we keep forgeting that these other countries, their citizens didnt run out of their countries when things were bad, they stayed, fought their leaders and fix things up. Recently, the youths fought with the French authorities to fix diesel price. It was a bloody protest.
As for my friend's research, pls it is for her PhD programme and it is an online survey questionaire. We appreciate if there is a way u can help me post it here. Or can u help me mention an admin who can lift my ban?
Good points! This forum is a nice one, just copy lalasticlala grin grin you might want to add snake to your topic grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Rolly22(m): 9:18am On May 22, 2019
EVILFOREST:

That’s why you need to come into the U.S. now, especially if you are interested, at least for now..

Bros but E dey very hard to get US Visa now oh, those officers are not smiling.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Rolly22(m): 9:23am On May 22, 2019
Toks2008:

You still don't get it, all the European countries I know will never refuse you because they think you will overstay... But from my knowledge only U S does that shit yet it's so shameful that despite their dependence on the lame psychology of the interviewing officers, many still go and overstay and I guess it is because they rarely give visas to the genuine people who deserve it.

I think what the government should fight against is their gamble like visa process and mandate them to screen documents.

Seriously they would Just ask stupid Questions and hand you a blue paper.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Rolly22(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Lol
Keep wishing

No country would open its borders down for immigrants to come and spoil things. As at today, far right parties are gaining momentum in impending EU elections. Just start praying the US migration policy has hiccups cos if it succeeds, its game over.

Maybe when they force Nigerians to sit back in Nigeria, we would stop electing idiots like Fayose, Ikpeazu and Yaya Bello.

Seriously we need to sit up the world has left us behind.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Rolly22(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2019
Toks2008:

Exactly my point... so i guess Nigerians should continue to pay over 60k for a visa fee and continue to attend a gambling process in the name of an interview and when refused, there will be no right of appeal.

This is a reflection of who we are as a country and the way America sees other countries so let the gamble continues.

Serious bro it's a big gamble without any assurance or right to appeal, person money go Just disappear.
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Rolly22(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2019
cooltola:

Yes italian mob in new york , heard of Lufthansa heist and many countless other. The drug smuggling from China to usa, the Russian mob forcing women into prostitution in Barcelona,London, Munich. Look i am not giving excuse to crimes but i am just saying that some national with worse criminal actions are given a pass and even get visa easier than even the most law abiding Nigerian. All we do is yahoo which is a very small percentage of Nigerian residing abroad yet we are looked as if na we dey commit all the crime. I remember i was search at Heathrow airport as if i was a crook. Please this is the reality, sometimes one has to develop a thick skin to deal with all these bullshit.

Bros no dey waste your strength to dey convince people wey no dey reason. The fact here is that these white people Don't like Africans and it's as if the hatred is worse on Nigerians. Na only we dey commit crimes for this world??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Reeses: 9:44am On May 22, 2019
Toks2008:

You still don't get it, all the European countries I know will never refuse you because they think you will overstay... But from my knowledge only U S does that shit yet it's so shameful that despite their dependence on the lame psychology of the interviewing officers, many still go and overstay and I guess it is because they rarely give visas to the genuine people who deserve it.

I think what the government should fight against is their gamble like visa process and mandate them to screen documents.
Stop whining to much bob and fix your damn shithole.who exactly are you flexing that muscle for? no visa means no Visa calm down already....
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Reeses: 9:51am On May 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Lol
Keep wishing

No country would open its borders down for immigrants to come and spoil things. As at today, far right parties are gaining momentum in impending EU elections. Just start praying the US migration policy has hiccups cos if it succeeds, its game over.

Maybe when they force Nigerians to sit back in Nigeria, we would stop electing idiots like Fayose, Ikpeazu and Yaya Bello.

No prayer will stop it because a lot of people inluding me are all out to elect Trump for another 4 years that's exactly 6 extra more years from today for him to put in more laws upon laws and guess what any law he strikes in now will take decades upon decades to be unturned..
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Reeses: 9:57am On May 22, 2019
[quote author=cooltola post=78603427]We are not even close to the criminal activities some nationals of Russia, Italy, China, eastern European countries have done and yet they still get visas easier than Nigerian. Our yahoo is at a very amateur and keeping saying that it has to do with our skin color. It is not as if when you enter such countries they treat Nigerians well. As a Nigerian, you have to work twice or four times harder than the average national to even get a decent job. I keep praying that God will deliver Nigeria [/quot

It's not always about your skin or maybe when you know you have that unfavorable skin color you should try behave whenever travel out there like leave the country the day you are told to leave the country instead of overstaying or is it the scamming of IRS or bank frauds man you guys are just too much..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by Reeses: 10:09am On May 22, 2019
cooltola:

Blah blah Russian this, London that and guess what those countries are doing far great regardless of whatever you say.So when they commit crimes they will be neglected unlike some from a shithole of a country again fix your crap country first then try committing those crimes and see if they will not neglect you..You want a RESPECT among the elites then clean up..
Re: Nigerian Government Engages US Over Suspension Of Drop Box Visa by AngelicBeing: 10:12am On May 22, 2019
Pavore9:
"Things like you have to have guarantor or surety and the like all those things are what they are trying to apply to really address this prickly issue,” .....Hmmm
Lol, it is a good idea, some countries like the GCC countries have that kind of system, if you apply for visa to Dubai, some traveling agencies do ask for 500. 000 to 700,000 naira as security deposit from you incase you arrive Dubai and fail to exit at the expiration of your visa, the same is applicable to other GCC countries, they have what they call sponsors guarantors incase of any gbege, your sponsors will be held responsible by the government and that has kind of help to reduce visa related issues but it doesn't eradicate it completely though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens / IATA Reacts To Emirates Suspension Of Flights From Nigeria / 5 Warnings From U.S. Border Agents After Weed Legalization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.