Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,057 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria (8140 Views)

Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos) / Lagos Airport Empty Amidst High Cost Of Flight Tickets (Photos, Video) / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by phosky(m): 5:30am On May 22, 2019
Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria
source: https://eyesoflagos.com/2019/05/22/aero-marks-60-years-of-flight-operations-in-nigeria/

Nigeria’s oldest surviving carrier, Aero Contractors Ltd., on Tuesday celebrated its 60th anniversary of flight operations in the country. Speaking at the ceremony, Capt. Ado Sanusi, Chief Executive Officer, Aero Contractors, said the airline which began operations in 1959 had hugely contributed to human capacity development in the aviation sector. Sanusi said the airline had an enviable safety record with zero fatalities since it began both commercial flights and helicopter charter services. He, however, noted that Aero had faced hard times from February 2013 to August 2016, which led to its takeover by the Federal Government through the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON). Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, According to him, the AMCON intervention was aimed at returning Aero to profitability through repositioning of its operations and expansion of its portfolio of services. Sanusi therefore, said the management had to make tough choices to sustain and stabilise the airline’s operations and ultimately return it to an active player in the Nigeria’s aviation sector. He said: “It is my sincere pleasure to inform you all that like a phoenix, Aero has risen from its hard times. “Our individual and collective sacrifices, resilience and insistence that this airline is lifted back up is paying off and yielding visible results.” According to him, the airline services has since December 2016, returned to full operations and grown its fixed wing operational aircraft from one to four. “It is our expectation to grow our fixed wing aircraft to six by the close of this year. The present count of four aircraft improved our domestic flight operations to 32 daily. “From one helicopter in 2017, we now have five operational helicopters with capacity to further grow this number to 10 helicopters by close of the year so as to deepen our services. “In all, we began our repositioning journey growing our domestic operations from eight to 32 daily flights. “From ferrying 8,000 passengers per month, to 52, 000 passengers per month into and out of the several airports on our route,” Sanusi added. He disclosed that the Aero Aircraft Maintenance Organisation which was approved by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to carry out C-checks on Boeing 737 Classics had helped to turn around the fortunes of the airline. Sanusi said Aero had successfully conducted C-checks on 737 CL Boeing aircraft and had secured approval from the Governments of Ghana and Democratic Republic of Congo to carry out C-checks on B737 aircraft registered in the countries. Speaking on behalf of the Ibru family, Mrs Cecilia Ibru, former Managing Director of the defunct Oceanic Bank, commended the staff of the airline for putting in their best towards sustaining its operations. Ibru also acknowledged the role played by the incumbent Aero management in repositioning the airline and restoring the confidence of the flying public in its operations. Eyes Of Lagos reports that Aero Contractors was first formed in 1959 in the Netherlands before being officially registered in Nigeria in 1960. At inception, it was wholly owned Schreiner Airways B.V. of the Netherlands. Aero later became a partly Nigerian-owned company with an initial 40 per cent Nigerian shareholding in 1973. This grew to 60 per cent by 1976 in fulfillment of the requirements of compliance with the Nigerian Enterprises Promotion Decree of 1977, also known as the Indigenisation Decree. By January 2004, Schreiner Airways was bought over by CHC Helicopter which acquired a 40 per cent holding in Aero. while the 60 per cent majority share remained within the lbru family. By July 2010, CHC sold its interests in Aero and the airline became wholly owned by the Ibru family until it was taken over by AMCON in 2013 due to its huge indebtedness.

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by lanrexdo(m): 6:04am On May 22, 2019
There is not news that is worthy of been celebrated in Nigeria. After the rain, there has been no electricity since Monday and today is Wednesday. celebrating stupid age, For over 60yrs, what has been there impact in the lives of Nigeria or civil society? ..

Check my sigy for what i got for sale jare.

5 Likes

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by Ijaycool(f): 6:04am On May 22, 2019
57 years of cancellation and delay of flights

6 Likes

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by oluwakekz(m): 6:05am On May 22, 2019
Front page..... 60 years in Nigeria....?
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by MrGreenMavro: 6:05am On May 22, 2019
Nice
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by planet4: 6:06am On May 22, 2019
That's good, buh am not impressed.

1 Like

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by slack: 6:07am On May 22, 2019
Safest airline in nigeria
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by Nairalandmentor(m): 6:07am On May 22, 2019
smiley
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by kaen1317: 6:11am On May 22, 2019
This use to be one of the reliable airlines in our skies before Sanusi came along to wreck the entire Ibru Empire.
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by Erolow(f): 6:11am On May 22, 2019
Nice one...

See signature below if interested in free online marketing training
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by kaen1317: 6:11am On May 22, 2019
This use to be one of the reliable airlines in our skies before Sanusi came along to wreck the entire Ibru Empire...

1 Like

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by NigeriaDecides: 6:16am On May 22, 2019
Rain and Electricity in Nigeria is like Abacha and Obasanjo...

Congrats Aero...
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by LOSKYXANDER: 6:18am On May 22, 2019
The airline with the rude customer care service angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20am On May 22, 2019
CONGRATS to Aero.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:23am On May 22, 2019
Ijaycool:
57 years of cancellation and delay of flights
I once had an 11hour delay, no explanation, no refreshments. On another occasion, I got to their desk 20mins to departure, could hear them announcing the aircraft is still boarding, while they said I can't board because gate is closed then the Waka now agent there ripped me off. Terrible airline

3 Likes

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by id4sho(m): 6:32am On May 22, 2019
Aboki man working for Niger deltan
Capt Ado Sanusi for the Ibrus
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by helinues: 6:32am On May 22, 2019
The most rugged airlines in Nigeria. With that their cupboard planes..

Wow. 20 years, they tried
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by Onlinealaba(m): 6:32am On May 22, 2019
This Ibru family ehn,lowkey billionaires ..Aero congrats

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

1 Like

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by id4sho(m): 6:38am On May 22, 2019
kaen1317:
This use to be one of the reliable airlines in our skies before Sanusi came along to wreck the entire Ibru Empire.

but why? who made him head
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by Hoodbilonia: 6:45am On May 22, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvO7X8Oy8HE

Panam tam torn norn
Panam tarn torn norn
Panam tarn torn nu turn

Dah year wen timaya was poor
Im songs dey vibrate body
But now sings abt bum bum and senseless dumb shiit
Ozwo

If toe say ai be aero contractors yay
If toe say ai be bank ehn
i4 turn oceanin bank eh

1 Like

Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by ugom123: 6:57am On May 22, 2019
Pls which admin can help lift the ban on my account and allow a post I made about one of us who is doing her PhD in University of Florida about birth control in Nigeria.

she only needs our help. That was why I posted it here. Nigeria needs more researches and our people away to return home to help build our country. Pls, someone can help me tag any of the kind hearted mod here.

My main acct is princedapace

Thank u
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by hardywaltz(m): 7:28am On May 22, 2019
Useless airline
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by Agugbadin: 7:33am On May 22, 2019
Good safety culture those days but poor management
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by bestman09(m): 7:45am On May 22, 2019
Congratulations Aero contractors. Congratulations the Ibru family, despite the persecutions!
Re: Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria by bedfordking: 7:51am On May 22, 2019
I will never fly aero after I was on a flight that almost crashed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / How Is Life Of A Nigerian As An Immigrant To Tunisia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.